Mark Weber, director of IHR no longer a complete holocaust denier!

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
Aaron Richards
Poster

Mark Weber, director of IHR no longer a complete holocaust denier!

Postby Aaron Richards » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:58 am

I've known this for a while but finally found the time to shorten all the skype drivel and make a video for our youtube friends with an easily search- and findable clickbait title just to rub some salt in the denier wound regarding what has become of their IHR director. Bonus, you get to see 30 minutes of entertainment watching him get roasted by looney Jim Rizoli:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEr15_9XGWM
Last edited by Aaron Richards on Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...we had the duty towards our Volk (the German people) to kill this Volk (the Jewish people) that wanted to kill us." - Himmler in his 1943 Posen speech reminding any future holocaust denier how absurd their beliefs really are.
I compile rebuttals to popular holocaust denier canards here: http://imgur.com/a/725A7

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Re: Mark Weber, director of IHR no longer a complete holocaust denier!

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:06 am

Ah, I miss Jim....

Jim was briefly a member until he kept violating a few simple rules and was banned.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:43 am

SPLC biographical note on Mr Weber (whose HD writings have always struck me as particularly tendentious and flimsy):
In January 2009, Weber threw the world of Holocaust denial into turmoil with the publication of an essay asking "How Relevant Is Holocaust Revisionism?" Weber's conclusion, shocking to his colleagues on the radical right, was not very — that those on the radical right would do better to struggle against the real enemy, "Jewish-Zionist power," than on a historical debate about the Holocaust that they were largely losing. The essay set off acrimonious attacks on Weber by many of his former friends and colleagues, but hardly reflected a move by Weber to the political center. Within months of publishing the essay, he was recirculating ancient anti-Semitic conspiracy theories, complaining about those "who control political and cultural life, including the education system and the mass media." From the looks of his audience, Weber had replaced his old suit-and-tie denialist friends with hard-core anti-Semites, including open neo-Nazis and heavily tattooed racist skinheads.
. . . I mean Negative Capability, that is, when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact and reason—Coleridge, for instance, would let go by a fine isolated verisimilitude caught from the Penetralium of mystery, from being incapable of remaining content with half-knowledge. - John Keats, 1817

Aaron Richards
Poster

Postby Aaron Richards » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:11 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:SPLC biographical note on Mr Weber (whose HD writings have always struck me as particularly tendentious and flimsy):
In January 2009, Weber threw the world of Holocaust denial into turmoil with the publication of an essay asking "How Relevant Is Holocaust Revisionism?" Weber's conclusion, shocking to his colleagues on the radical right, was not very — that those on the radical right would do better to struggle against the real enemy, "Jewish-Zionist power," than on a historical debate about the Holocaust that they were largely losing. The essay set off acrimonious attacks on Weber by many of his former friends and colleagues, but hardly reflected a move by Weber to the political center. Within months of publishing the essay, he was recirculating ancient anti-Semitic conspiracy theories, complaining about those "who control political and cultural life, including the education system and the mass media." From the looks of his audience, Weber had replaced his old suit-and-tie denialist friends with hard-core anti-Semites, including open neo-Nazis and heavily tattooed racist skinheads.

tbh I find the last sentence a bit worrying, as it gives me the impression the SPLC has swallowed whole the IHR charade that they are merely revisionist scholars and not people who believe everything Mark Weber believes in the first place (in terms of "jew world order"). I know it says "From the looks of his audience" so the SPLC might be merely referring to the outward attire, but the phrase "with hard-core antisemites" still gives me the impression that they think revisionists aren't hard-core antisemites.

Truth be told I have never encountered a revisionist who isn't fully subscribed to the entire package already - believing in nwo/jwo and trying to link the holocaust to present-day politics is part and parcel of being a denier. Even the "denier jews" in the movement like Roger Dommergue, Gerard Menuhin or, if prodded enough, David Cole as well, all harbor nothing but contempt to the group of people they blanket-term "zionists".
"...we had the duty towards our Volk (the German people) to kill this Volk (the Jewish people) that wanted to kill us." - Himmler in his 1943 Posen speech reminding any future holocaust denier how absurd their beliefs really are.
I compile rebuttals to popular holocaust denier canards here: http://imgur.com/a/725A7

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:17 pm

Aaron Richards wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:SPLC biographical note on Mr Weber (whose HD writings have always struck me as particularly tendentious and flimsy):

tbh I find the last sentence a bit worrying, as it gives me the impression the SPLC has swallowed whole the IHR charade that they are merely revisionist scholars and not people who believe everything Mark Weber believes in the first place (in terms of "jew world order")

Truth be told I have never encountered a revisionist who isn't fully subscribed to the entire package - believing in nwo/jwo and trying to link the holocaust to present-day politics is part and parcel of being a denier.

I understand what you're saying, but I think it comes from my excerpting just the bit from his bio on his apostasy on "revisionism." Here is a link to the full SPLC bio, which creates a different impression - placing his denial into the context of his history on the far right/anti-Semitic fringe.

Side note: I have known a handful of deniers who were not hard-core anti-Semites or into the whole world conspiracy stuff; they are no longer deniers - not remotely. Nor did they do a Weber/Hunt (which I take as a realization that HD isn't the right path for WN/anti-Semitic/neo-Nazi activism) but in each case became active in combating denial.
. . . I mean Negative Capability, that is, when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact and reason—Coleridge, for instance, would let go by a fine isolated verisimilitude caught from the Penetralium of mystery, from being incapable of remaining content with half-knowledge. - John Keats, 1817

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:37 pm

So, boiling this all down, he's still the same anti-semitic cont he always was.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:39 pm

Ayup.

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:33 pm

Hasn't this been known since 2009 when e declared "Holocaust denial" dead?
« Lies written in ink cannot disguise facts written in blood. »
- Lu Xun

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:35 pm

Balmoral95 wrote:So, boiling this all down, he's still the same anti-semitic cont he always was.

Well his final words are supposedly “The anti-Semitic enterprise of Holocaust denial is dead. Long live anti-Semitism!”
- Lu Xun

iwh
Poster

Postby iwh » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:05 pm

This an interview with Weber or a diatribe by Jim Risoli?

...difficult to tell.
For a debunking of new boy on the block John Wear see:

https://wearswarts.wordpress.com

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:24 pm

To clarify one post above: I think that HD is an antisemitic project in which on rare occasions people who aren't motivated by antisemitism can be caught up. Further, with the strengthening of right-wing nationalist-populism - and neo-Nazi and neo-fascist movements - some apostles of HD are abandoning negationism as a poor work-around or surrogate for their real aims.

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:41 pm

iwh wrote:This an interview with Weber or a diatribe by Jim Risoli?

...difficult to tell.
Yes that is Jim.
- Lu Xun

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:To clarify one post above: I think that HD is an antisemitic project in which on rare occasions people who aren't motivated by antisemitism can be caught up.

I agree. On the surface HD makes sense if you have no context of the history involved. Once you gain knowledge of the events involved it no longer makes sense. If antisemitism isn’t involved then it’s easier to figure this out.

I also believe if you are prone to conspiracy theories then it’s easier to get involved in HD.

Return to “Holocaust Denial”