The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Re: The History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:53 am

Its your subforum. Fly your flag.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:36 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
A loose thread from the discussion: the HD group has a deserved reputation throughout the Forum of having real expertise on that subject.

Damn skippy we do. We’re so good we chased the deniers from the Holocaust Denial Subforum.

“I have noted and commented on that expertise. Its limitation: no oracle.

Da fuq does that even mean?

Its fun to muse on what one actually does learn from History? History.

You know what you learn when you study the alphabet?
The alphabet.

You know what you learn when you study cooking?
How to cook stuff.

so varied and open to interpretation it all too often appears to me to provide only the most common sensible notions or is only a source to pick and choose "facts" to support whatever position is desired. Kinda aggravating?

You know what else is aggravating?

:mrgreen:
When my son had his barmitzvah, and his wedding, there was no family whatsoever -that’s the way the second and third generation feel the Holocaust, they miss their family. My son hasn’t experienced a family life –having uncles, aunts, grandmothers, grandfathers. There is just that hole.
Edith Baneth
Savage Continent

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:44 am

When my son had his barmitzvah, and his wedding, there was no family whatsoever -that’s the way the second and third generation feel the Holocaust, they miss their family. My son hasn’t experienced a family life –having uncles, aunts, grandmothers, grandfathers. There is just that hole.
Edith Baneth
Savage Continent

Balmoral95
Frequent Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:45 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Its your subforum. Fly your flag.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:22 am

Lets stick to topic shall we? If you have a thought behind your venom: share it here:

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=29464
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:01 am

You know, my dear Colonel General, I don't really believe that the Russians will attack at all. It's all an enormous bluff. - Heinrich Himmler to Heinz Guderian, December 1944

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:40 am

Stat Mech: stop posting irrelevant material. Put your venom on the Inbred thread. Don't forget to copy and paste.

Sergey_Romanov
Regular Poster

Postby Sergey_Romanov » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:26 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:31 am

Seems relevant in some way, but I didn't get it. More freedom of expression in Israel than Palestine? Thats my impression. Course, even with freedom, you have to have the money.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:18 pm

Edith Baneth
Savage Continent

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm

I wish Fraud in the USA rose as high as it does in Israel.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:16 pm

This is, IMO, incitement, not for racial or religious reasons, and, despite Milo's clear urging, probably doesn't fall under the imminent harm doctrine in the US, but I believe that this is speech that should be punishable. This is where I diverge from US case law on First Amendment rights; another instance would be the Westboro Church's antics.
You know, my dear Colonel General, I don't really believe that the Russians will attack at all. It's all an enormous bluff. - Heinrich Himmler to Heinz Guderian, December 1944

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:00 am

Reporters were targeted just a few hours ago...….. Upshot (sic) being that what Milo and his ilk could say This Morning, he may no longer be allowed to say this evening. Imminent unlawful behavior is a moving/sensitive target.

the urging to kill specific groups is much more a danger than is the merely unpleasant speech of Westborough. Westborough more a freak show?...………..

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:21 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Balsamo wrote:Bobo:
Only the USA has a First Amendment so....you make an argument that reveals objective error on your part, and a few Straw Men and your entire position collapses.

Well i never pretended to be an expert on your country where it is a liberty to own guns and apparently "to use them" when your are upset.
At the core, you consider the 1st Am = Freedom = free speech.
In my foreign view it is just an interpretation of those liberties. . . . .

Your foreign view comports well with my 'merican view. The friggin' first amendment has been contested through history. You're right, Balsamo . . . free speech is not synonymous with the first amendment, not even in the parochial USA. The standard articulated in Schenck (1919) revised earlier understandings of what the first amendment meant - and, at a high level, Schenck was further refined/revised in Brandenburg (1969).

This kind of relates, getting at Facebook's control of public discourse via community standards and its continued inability to understand even what FB is . . . as well as discussion we've had about sanitizing history . . . "Facebook labels declaration of independence as 'hate speech'":
In the run-up to the Fourth of July, the Liberty Country Vindicator, a small local newspaper in Texas, posted sections of the declaration of the independence to its Facebook page, in a bid to encourage discussion of US history among its readership.

What must have seemed like a benign social media strategy managed to fall foul of Facebook’s algorithmic censors, which labeled sections of the declaration hate speech and removed the posts.

Facebook alerted the Vindicator to let them know that the section of the declaration that includes a reference to “merciless Indian savages” was a violation of their community standards.

The declaration’s passage has often been cited as an encapsulation of the dehumanising attitude toward indigenous Americans that the US was founded on. Facebook’s removal of the section arguably put the Vindicator in a position of whitewashing history.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:14 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote: Facebook’s removal of the section arguably put the Vindicator in a position of whitewashing history.
[/quote]
I can't imagine or manufacture an argument otherwise.

Reality, including almost without exception how Nation States are formed, is harsh to any modern sensitivity....... and full of hate. Its what hoomans do......

Return to “Holocaust Denial”