Documentaries

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Unlimited_Oracular_Guidance

Re: Documentaries

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:38 pm

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm at the top of a tall stack of reading right now, but I'll be sure to get it.
"Still, doubts gnawed at everyone. And under no circumstances could I acknowledge my own similar doubts. In order to coax the participants into psychic stability, I had to appear to be rock-solidly convinced of the necessity of carrying out this horrifyingly cruel command."

Rudolf Höß, hanged facing Auschwitz, the camp he commanded, in April 1947. He admitted to 1.1 to 1.5 million murders carried out under his command. Eichmann told him the number was 2.5 million.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:42 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:Thanks for the recommendation. I'm at the top of a tall stack of reading right now, but I'll be sure to get it.

If you haven’t and can get it read Lipstadt’s Eichmann in Jerusalem afterwards. It rounds things out nicely.
A joke going around Moscow during The Great Terror:

The NKVD knocks on a door.
The inhabitants ask who it is.
“NKVD.”
“You’ve got the wrong apartment. The Communists are upstairs.”

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Unlimited_Oracular_Guidance

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:20 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Upton_O_Goode wrote:Thanks for the recommendation. I'm at the top of a tall stack of reading right now, but I'll be sure to get it.

If you haven’t and can get it read Lipstadt’s Eichmann in Jerusalem afterwards. It rounds things out nicely.

I just brought the Stangneth book home from the library. I see that it's a translation. I'll start reading it, but since the original is in a language I can read, I'll try to order it as well. At my age, I need to keep up my languages, and this is the best way to do it.
"Still, doubts gnawed at everyone. And under no circumstances could I acknowledge my own similar doubts. In order to coax the participants into psychic stability, I had to appear to be rock-solidly convinced of the necessity of carrying out this horrifyingly cruel command."

Rudolf Höß, hanged facing Auschwitz, the camp he commanded, in April 1947. He admitted to 1.1 to 1.5 million murders carried out under his command. Eichmann told him the number was 2.5 million.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:21 am

I believe that this shows a key point in WWII:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VImnpErdDzA

I am pretty sure that the footage is authentic because it is professional quality without odd shadows.
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:25 am

LOL, “Pirates are fun!!!”
A joke going around Moscow during The Great Terror:

The NKVD knocks on a door.
The inhabitants ask who it is.
“NKVD.”
“You’ve got the wrong apartment. The Communists are upstairs.”

Return to “Holocaust Denial”