Documentaries

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
Balsamo
Frequent Poster

Re: Documentaries

Postby Balsamo » Wed May 31, 2017 1:08 am

Interresting video indeed,

It's indeed disturbing to observe that the "american peace" or "pax americana" promoted in the video - if it had of course "reduce the number of casualties of war" - has broken every record of civilians dying during peacetime: It would be very interesting if the video would put in charts the human beings dying from hunger each year for example.
A child is dying from hunger every 6 seconds...while the the world wealth has never been that high, or so we are told... Adding those data would add an additional nice perspective...

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:21 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:I watched the documentary "Nazi Concentration Camps" on Netflix yesterday.
American occupation forces documented the various concentration camps as they liberated them, this movie is the result.
They talked about the following:
Hadamar (not a concentration camp)
Leipzig (camp near the town)
Penig (camp near the town)
Ohrdruff (Patton and Eisenhower documented as examining) One interesting thing documented is a grill system used to burn bodies. It's amazing how prevalent this system of burning was.
Breendonck in Belgium
Hanover
Nordhausen
Belsen
Dachau (gas chamber shown and demonstrated)
Mauthausen
Buchenwald

The images of corpses and starving prisoners still burn. Victims showed the results of torture. A US officer testified on camera about the existence of a gas chamber at Mauthausen. I know we've discussed this bit before.

There were obvious issues with this, camps were described as "death camps," a misconception understandable at the time.
I was reluctant to watch this, but, it was not bad. If nothing else it showed the conditions in the camps at the end of the war.

Night Will Fall also mentions the grill system to burn bodies.

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:49 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:I watched the documentary "Nazi Concentration Camps" on Netflix yesterday.
American occupation forces documented the various concentration camps as they liberated them, this movie is the result.
They talked about the following:
Hadamar (not a concentration camp)
Leipzig (camp near the town)
Penig (camp near the town)
Ohrdruff (Patton and Eisenhower documented as examining) One interesting thing documented is a grill system used to burn bodies. It's amazing how prevalent this system of burning was.
Breendonck in Belgium
Hanover
Nordhausen
Belsen
Dachau (gas chamber shown and demonstrated)
Mauthausen
Buchenwald

The images of corpses and starving prisoners still burn. Victims showed the results of torture. A US officer testified on camera about the existence of a gas chamber at Mauthausen. I know we've discussed this bit before.

There were obvious issues with this, camps were described as "death camps," a misconception understandable at the time.
I was reluctant to watch this, but, it was not bad. If nothing else it showed the conditions in the camps at the end of the war.

Night Will Fall also mentions the grill system to burn bodies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8Mca34lwgM
« Oral history is a complex field. After all, memory can be a distorting mirror, as anyone who has ever worked with memoir literature knows very well...They may be imperfect, and, at times, inaccurate as the narrator tries to cast himself in the most favorable light, but all sources are imperfect. Even an archival document reflects how the person who drafted it understood something and remains something less than the unvarnished truth. »
- James Mace

Kleon_I XYZ Contagion
Poster

Postby Kleon_I XYZ Contagion » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:12 pm

Misplaced recordings of Holocaust survivors singing melodies and recounting their pasts have resurfaced at the University of Akron. The recordings were made by David Boder, a psychologist from Chicago, who visited former prisoners and recorded their songs on a newly rediscovered reel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3V83GdHYNA
According to experts and scholars, the 10 stages of every genocide are
Classification Symbolization Discrimination Dehumanization Organization Polarization Preparation Persecution Extermination
... and finally the 10th stage:
Denial
http://www.genocidewatch.org/genocide/t ... ocide.html

XYZ Contagion (‘Because the truth is contagious‘), an investigative/research political and historical website, deals also with the Srebrenica Genocide
https://xyzcontagion.wordpress.com/about/#English

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:26 am

I just found this video. Not a documentary exactly, just a quick examination of Witold Pilecki:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3qHnfxQmKk
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Upton_O_Goode
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: O_I_Lovett

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:25 pm

I have just begun watching Un village français on DVD. It's a multi-part series based in a small village called Villeneuve and covers the period from June 1940 to the war's end in 1945. I had hoped to practice my French comprehension with it, but it is subtitled, and my eye refuses to resist the subtitles. Just as well, perhaps, as the French is very authentic, spoken rapidly and not enunciated distinctly, which further handicaps me in addition to the hearing aids I have to wear to be sure of understanding even what my wife is saying to me.

Anyway, the main characters are laid out in the part I just watched. One of them is a prosperous businessman, Monsieur Schwartz. Just as in America, that name tips the viewer off that he's probably Jewish and is going to have trouble. By the end of Episode 1, the Germans are requisitioning his spacious house for military use. Schwartz has a crew of Spaniards working for him, and the foreman of the group is a Communist organizer. The local French police and the French security service appear at the beginning, looking for the source of Communist propaganda, and finding it in Schwartz's mill. I suspect the Security guy is going to stay around and collaborate with the Nazis (the local policeman tells him that, given the occupation that is beginning, it is not worthwhile to hunt for Communists), and that some of Schwartz's friends and neighbors are likely to turn against him, so it's going to be tense. The first episode is mostly get-acquainted with the characters, amid incredible chaos. But it looks like it will be interesting.
"I used to fall for the old post hoc, ergo propter hoc reasoning, but last year I took a course in logic and now I no longer do."

"So that course cured you of a logical fallacy."

"Well....possibly."

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:59 pm

I'm shifting this here:
http://m.zumvo.me/watch-film-unfinished-2010-4347

From Upton's thread, BBC documentary.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:50 pm

Someone just sent me this, it's some footage of the liberation of Dachau, there's no sound.
https://www.facebook.com/ShoahSocialArchive/videos/1760683297279940/

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:57 pm

Return to “Holocaust Denial”