Evacuation of Polish civilians from the USSR in World War II

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
Oozy_Substance
Poster

Postby Oozy_Substance » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:02 am

I just learned something new about WWII. During the occupation of Eastern Poland by USSR, about 300,000 Poles were sent to Siberia and other places by the Soviets.

Following the Soviet invasion of Poland at the onset of World War II in accordance with the Nazi-Soviet Pact against Poland, the Soviet Union acquired over half of the territory of the Second Polish Republic or about 201,000 square kilometres (78,000 sq mi) inhabited by over 13,200,000 people.[1] Within months, in order to de-Polonize annexed lands, the Soviet NKVD rounded up and deported between 320,000 and 1 million Polish nationals to the eastern parts of the USSR, the Urals, and Siberia.[2] There were four waves of deportations of entire families with children, women and elderly aboard freight trains from 1940 until 1941. The second wave of deportations by the Soviet occupational forces across the Kresy macroregion, affected 300,000 to 330,000 Poles, sent primarily to Kazakhstan.[3] Thanks to a remarkable reversal of fortune well over 110,000 Poles including 36,000 women and children managed to leave the Soviet Union with the Anders' Army. They ended up in Iran, India, Palestine, New Zealand, British Africa, as well as in Mexico.[4] Among those who remained in the Soviet Union about 150,000 Poles perished before the end of the war.[5]

I am surprised no denier ever tried to twist this fact into Holocaust Denial. (Or maybe they did?)
Deniers having troubles in "proving" the Reinhard Operation Camps were transit camps on the way to the "Russian East".

According to this wiki article, it seems that there were also Jews among the Poles who were sent away by the Soviets. Do you know if deniers ever addressed this issue and tried to include it in their alternative theories?

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Re: Evacuation of Polish civilians from the USSR in World War II

Postby Xcalibur » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:20 am

So where's the Jew part... the only thing they're interested in?

NathanC
Poster

Postby NathanC » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:20 am

Oozy_Substance wrote:According to this wiki article, it seems that there were also Jews among the Poles who were sent away by the Soviets. Do you know if deniers ever addressed this issue and tried to include it in their alternative theories?

You're kidding, right? Acknowledging that the USSR deported Jews to the gulag and other awful places would mean admitting that the USSR did not favor Jews or give them preferential treatment, which would fatally undermine the Deniers' favorite excuse for Nazi Mass Murder: so called "Judeo Bolshevism" or the fairy tale that Jews "Ruled" the Soviet Union. There's as much chance of them addressing this as their addressing of the USSR's postwar policy of "Do Not Divide the Dead"- zero

If I'm not mistaken, pretty much any history of WWII addresses the USSR's policies towards Poland. I remember that Evans talked about it in "The Third Reich at War".

Oozy_Substance
Poster

Postby Oozy_Substance » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:05 pm

NathanC wrote:
Oozy_Substance wrote:According to this wiki article, it seems that there were also Jews among the Poles who were sent away by the Soviets. Do you know if deniers ever addressed this issue and tried to include it in their alternative theories?

You're kidding, right? .

Nope.
Maybe I was over-traumatized by deniers.
I am trying to think on any possible argument deniers can bring forward and how to counter it.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:18 pm

Aaron posted something like this a couple of months ago but it dealt with the deportation of Polish citizens though Jews were swept up in that as well.

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=27476

I actually meant to follow up with this but I keep forgetting.

Return to “Holocaust Denial”