How Did BRoI Get Into HD((now disavowed) In the First Place?

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

How Did BRoI Get Into HD((now disavowed) In the First Place?

Postby Xcalibur » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:37 am

Well, mate, lets hear about your journey..

BRoI
Poster

Re: How Did BRoI Get Into HD((now disavowed) In the First Place?

Postby BRoI » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:39 am

Well, buddy, I don't like talking about myself, especially online, so I'll keep it short.

I was initially convinced there must be issues by some well-made rubbish: Denierbud's OTotH. By "well-made", I mean the guy has a talent for narrative, and his video making skills are impressive. As I knew only what the average joe knew about the Holocaust back then, I was unfortunately taken in.

Lots of reading in the years since convinced me that the generally accepted account of the Holocaust is essentially accurate, and I realised that the views of extreme Holocaust deniers [deny everything deniers] are entirely due to their antisemitism. Most of them know tediously little about what they're claiming is a hoax and they're not interested in learning, even if it would enable them to make legitimate criticism of certain issues. They're as boring as hell if you're someone who actually enjoys reading about historical events.

The effective days—if they're ever really were any—of Revisionism are long gone. It's now the age of Hadding Scott and Jim Rizoli. If the first revisionist work I'd discovered was a Rizoli video, I wouldn't be writing this now.
"... these witnesses would swear to anything if it gets the Germans killed."
- Solomon Surowitz, Assistant Prosecutor at the 1947 Buchenwald trial.

Jeffk 1970
Persistent Poster

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:45 pm

Like this silly fellow. He flat out says he knows nothing about the history involved but feels he can comment about it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kwPRH_u2rl8

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:09 pm

Were you looking for videos like the one you mention? How did you happen to come across that rather than the sort of stuff you now immerse yourself in?
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

- Rudolf Hess, letter, 1927

BRoI
Poster

Postby BRoI » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:50 pm

I seem to recall, and I do a pretty good memory, that it was this Isreael Shahak interview, or maybe a few *recommended video* clicks away. You don't need me to tell you why videos about him might, or once did, lead to HD stuff, or worse. Although I certainly don't think that should be held against him, or used to discredit by association what he wrote.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQkgb86xytI

Jeffk, I think that's a bit unfair, he's not offering any opinion on the accuracy of the "5,000,000" others. He's making a reasonable point about the ridiculously amount of coverage and slander pieces by the big news orgs. to a youtube star unfairly branded as a racist, against their decision not to run a story of significance that was trending in the Jewish press at the time.

I—we've—known for years that the figure was widely rejected, but I'm fairly confident that this was the first year that it has been covered as the actual story in so many different [Jewish] outlets at the same time. Previously it only received passing mention, buried deep in an article on the Holocaust, or a historian.

I think that video maker was also making a wider point about how big news orgs. are presently creating a lot of bad press about big youtube stars, and the companies who advertise on youtube.

This is another example from the last few days:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qSk7pDIFF8

Jeffk 1970
Persistent Poster

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:36 pm

BRoI wrote:Jeffk, I think that's a bit unfair, he's not offering any opinion on the accuracy of the "5,000,000" others. He's making a reasonable point about the ridiculously amount of coverage and slander pieces by the big news orgs. to a youtube star unfairly branded as a racist, against their decision not to run a story of significance that was trending in the Jewish press at the time.

I—we've—known for years that the figure was widely rejected, but I'm fairly confident that this was the first year that it has been covered as the actual story in so many different [Jewish] outlets at the same time. Previously it only received passing mention, buried deep in an article on the Holocaust, or a historian.

Perhaps I am being unfair but my issue remains the same. If he wanted to comment about this read up a little bit before doing so. Google searches would give this person the information he needs.
I find YouTube deniers the dregs of the dregs. They are easily impressed by the magical four million at Auschwitz and the alleged Jewish Holocaust of 1906.

Im_Not_Creative_Enough
Poster

Postby Im_Not_Creative_Enough » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:50 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:Like this silly fellow. He flat out says he knows nothing about the history involved but feels he can comment about it.

That {!#%@} Comment section.

Jeffk 1970
Persistent Poster

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:57 pm

Im_Not_Creative_Enough wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:Like this silly fellow. He flat out says he knows nothing about the history involved but feels he can comment about it.

I added a few of my own.... :D

Naturally I invited them here but I doubt we'll get any takers.

Im_Not_Creative_Enough
Poster

Postby Im_Not_Creative_Enough » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:01 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:

I'm on my mobile phone and I don't have a "most recent comments" option. Can you c+p your comment in here?

Jeffk 1970
Persistent Poster

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:06 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:

I'm on my mobile phone and I don't have a "most recent comments" option. Can you c+p your comment in here?

I don't think Pyrro would approve......
:lol:

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:18 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:

That's honestly common for his videos on Israel. So it's not shocking that this one would be bad as well. BP has a strong alt-right following.
« Oral history is a complex field. After all, memory can be a distorting mirror, as anyone who has ever worked with memoir literature knows very well...They may be imperfect, and, at times, inaccurate as the narrator tries to cast himself in the most favorable light, but all sources are imperfect. Even an archival document reflects how the person who drafted it understood something and remains something less than the unvarnished truth. »
- James Mace

Oozy_Substance
Poster

Postby Oozy_Substance » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:19 am

I am a bit confused, is The Black Rabbit of Inlé still a denier, or is he not?

Also.. just a question, what is Inlé ?

BRoI
Poster

Postby BRoI » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:52 am

Oozy_Substance wrote:I am a bit confused, is The Black Rabbit of Inlé still a denier, or is he not?

Depends on how far you want to stretch the term "denier". If you are one of the puritans that consider the views of someone like Olga Wormser to have been "denial", then it's certain that you would consider me "a denier".

Oozy_Substance wrote:Also.. just a question, what is Inlé ?

It's the name for the moon in a famous work of fiction.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Watership_Down_characters#.22El-ahrairah_and_the_Black_Rabbit_of_Inl.C3.A9.22

BRoI
Poster

Postby BRoI » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:55 am

Denying-History wrote:That's honestly common for his videos on Israel. So it's not shocking that this one would be bad as well. BP has a strong alt-right following.

You never change do you D-H.

I just looked at his video list and didn't see a single video on Israel.

Oozy_Substance
Poster

Postby Oozy_Substance » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:10 am

BRoI wrote:
Oozy_Substance wrote:I am a bit confused, is The Black Rabbit of Inlé still a denier, or is he not?

Depends on how far you want to stretch the term "denier". If you are one of the puritans that consider the views of someone like Olga Wormser to have been "denial", then it's certain that you would consider me "a denier".

Depends.
I like the approach that says you can narrow down the Denial conflict into three central topics : six/gas/plan.
I think I saw it somewhere here in this forum and I liked it.

So 3 questions :

1) Do you dispute the 6 million figure? (And not in terms of "it may have been 5.1 million or 4.8 million", more like, "the number of victims do not exceed 271,000", etc)

2) Do you dispute the use of gas chambers and/or use of gas vans for the purpose of killing Jews and other people?

3) Do you dispute there was an organized extemrination plan aimed against the Jewish people (and others) by the Nazis and their collaborators?

If someone answers to these 3 questions with "no" three times (or something close to a "no") then he is not a denier, in my opinion.

BRoI wrote:
Oozy_Substance wrote:Also.. just a question, what is Inlé ?

It's the name for the moon in a famous work of fiction.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Watership_Down_characters#.22El-ahrairah_and_the_Black_Rabbit_of_Inl.C3.A9.22

Thanks.

BRoI
Poster

Postby BRoI » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:28 am

1) Do you dispute the 6 million figure? (And not in terms of "it may have been 5.1 million or 4.8 million", more like, "the number of victims do not exceed 271,000", etc)
No, not in the terms you specify.

2) Do you dispute the use of gas chambers and/or use of gas vans for the purpose of killing Jews and other people?
Generally, no.

3) Do you dispute there was an organized extemrination plan aimed against the Jewish people (and others) by the Nazis and their collaborators?
Against Jews, no.

Oozy_Substance
Poster

Postby Oozy_Substance » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:40 am

BRoI wrote:1) Do you dispute the 6 million figure? (And not in terms of "it may have been 5.1 million or 4.8 million", more like, "the number of victims do not exceed 271,000", etc)
No, not in the terms you specify.

Generally, no.

Against Jews, no.

Well then I would say that if we were to speak in binary terms you're not a denier, but again, of course, the world is not really binary. :D

Jeffk 1970
Persistent Poster

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:22 am

I'm not sure the words "organized," "plan" and "Nazi" really go together.

Oozy_Substance
Poster

Postby Oozy_Substance » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:46 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:I'm not sure the words "organized," "plan" and "Nazi" really go together.

Yeah, I agree. It wasn't that well organized, I guess.
Maybe it should be more about intention. Intention to commit extermination and the fulfillment of this intention in various ways.

Jeffk 1970
Persistent Poster

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:21 pm

Oozy_Substance wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:I'm not sure the words "organized," "plan" and "Nazi" really go together.

Yeah, I agree. It wasn't that well organized, I guess.
Maybe it should be more about intention. Intention to commit extermination and the fulfillment of this intention in various ways.

The more I read the more I'm convinced the Nazis fumbled/stumbled their way towards mass murder. But, this was how the Nazi Government itself functioned, it lurched its way through various crisis without having a clue how to extricate itself.

Jeffk 1970
Persistent Poster

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:22 pm

I sense a topic but I can't get into that right now.

Kleon_I XYZ Contagion
Poster

Postby Kleon_I XYZ Contagion » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:59 pm

Intentionalists/functionalists, cumulative radicalisation, every radical decision caused a crisis which it could be solved only with a more radical decision, Hitler was in favor of everything could be 'radicalized', we 're all in it as 'groupshift' (in social psychology).
According to experts and scholars, the 10 stages of every genocide are
Classification Symbolization Discrimination Dehumanization Organization Polarization Preparation Persecution Extermination
... and finally the 10th stage:
Denial
http://www.genocidewatch.org/genocide/t ... ocide.html

XYZ Contagion (‘Because the truth is contagious‘), an investigative/research political and historical website, deals also with the Srebrenica Genocide
https://xyzcontagion.wordpress.com/about/#English

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:04 pm

BRoI wrote:
Denying-History wrote:That's honestly common for his videos on Israel. So it's not shocking that this one would be bad as well. BP has a strong alt-right following.

You obviously haven't been a long time viewer of his channel... He uploaded a video a long time ago about Hillary saying "we must destroy Syria for Israel". It's actually no longer viewable on his channel but has been reuploaded, this videa was swarmed with comments saying that Hillary is some Jewish hasbara agent and some mentioning the 'holohoax'. He has actually taken down a few videos in which he mentions Israel.

He personally is an Israel supporter and even runs a website where entry's are made. You can see for yourself:

http://blackpigeonspeaks.com/2017/01/why-do-so-many-leftists-hate-israels-culture/
« Oral history is a complex field. After all, memory can be a distorting mirror, as anyone who has ever worked with memoir literature knows very well...They may be imperfect, and, at times, inaccurate as the narrator tries to cast himself in the most favorable light, but all sources are imperfect. Even an archival document reflects how the person who drafted it understood something and remains something less than the unvarnished truth. »
- James Mace

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:24 am

BRoI wrote:

Here is the reupload that I was talking about:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-n8lHZGYc5Y
- James Mace

BornAgainDisciple

Postby BornAgainDisciple » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:52 pm

BRoI wrote:... I realised that the views of extreme Holocaust deniers [deny everything deniers] are entirely due to their antisemitism. Most of them know tediously little about what they're claiming is a hoax and they're not interested in learning, even if it would enable them to make legitimate criticism of certain issues. They're as boring as hell if you're someone who actually enjoys reading about historical events....

I remember reading some material on your blog which could be classified as antisemitic
and these were not exactly about historical events.
More like matters of Jewish religion, mysticism (e.g. Kabbalah), and writings of sexual nature.
Are these gone now or just hidden?

Sergey_Romanov

Postby Sergey_Romanov » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:16 am

BornAgainDisciple wrote:
BRoI wrote:... I realised that the views of extreme Holocaust deniers [deny everything deniers] are entirely due to their antisemitism. Most of them know tediously little about what they're claiming is a hoax and they're not interested in learning, even if it would enable them to make legitimate criticism of certain issues. They're as boring as hell if you're someone who actually enjoys reading about historical events....

I remember reading some material on your blog which could be classified as antisemitic
and these were not exactly about historical events.
More like matters of Jewish religion, mysticism (e.g. Kabbalah), and writings of sexual nature.
Are these gone now or just hidden?

It was explicitly antisemitic (not merely "could"), incl. the blood libel (cf. http://archive.is/LlnOw and http://archive.is/oAuLe ), and there was a lot of nonsense from a purely historiographical POV with ridiculously exaggerated figures of Soviet atrocities and such. Which needs to be kept in mind when the Rabbit, despite his seeing the light on the big picture, tries to nitpick about other folks.

Balsamo
Frequent Poster

Postby Balsamo » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:18 pm

Indeed, there was a time, a couple of years ago, when most of the Rabbit's blog entries was about Jews, Israel, etc...and offered a good catalog of antisemitic "cliches".
Which proves that if one does not need to be AS to be tempted by Revisionism, it is almost impossible - or really rare, to remain Denier for years without falling into AS.

CODOH has 4054 matches for "Israel" versus 1995 for Himmler, 381 for Heydrich.
Israel is only beaten by "Auschwitz" (12.000), Treblinka (5377), Hitler (5073), but has a confortable leads versus Sobibor (2830), Belzec (2009), Majdanek (1886), Ghetto (plural and singular combined) (1500)Chelmno (959)

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:59 pm

I haven't read BRoI's blog except for a few items (the confused silliness on the Buchenwald photo and some other individual topics) and am dismayed to read this. OTOH I have found recently that the video which BRoI made supporting Hunt's views on Majdanek - "Lies, Damn Lies and Statistical Mechanic" - is not available at its old link. If BRoI removed that video, kudos.
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

- Rudolf Hess, letter, 1927

Balsamo
Frequent Poster

Postby Balsamo » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:26 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:I haven't read BRoI's blog except for a few items (the confused silliness on the Buchenwald photo and some other individual topics) and am dismayed to read this. OTOH I have found recently that the video which BRoI made supporting Hunt's views on Majdanek - "Lies, Damn Lies and Statistical Mechanic" - is not available at its old link. If BRoI removed that video, kudos.

Well, actually, he done better than just removing that video.
His whole former blog seems to have been closed.
I guess one can conclude that the dark page has been definitely turned.

Return to “Holocaust Denial”