my honor was loyalty 2015

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

my honor was loyalty 2015

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:39 am

feels like a propaganda movie .
enough that it belongs here instead of the movie section .
I'm sure everyone will agree :-/
for the real minority ; there will be no justice , there will be no peace .
makes sense 2me , so it has 2be wrong .

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Re: my honor was loyalty 2015

Postby Xcalibur » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:50 am

MMM, no, movie section. It was crap, despite its pov.

Jeff_36
Persistent Poster

Postby Jeff_36 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:12 am

??????

Jeffk 1970
Perpetual Poster

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:44 am

WTF is this?

Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster

Postby Cadmusteeth » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:52 am

References would help quite a bit.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:17 am

So would relevance and coherence.
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

- Rudolf Hess, letter, 1927

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Wild animal

Postby Gord » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:30 pm

???

My Honor Was Loyalty (2016) is on the IMDb here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4544696/

My Honor Was Loyalty (2016) is on the stormfront website (and others), to which I will not post a link.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster

Postby Cadmusteeth » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:15 pm

So it's a propaganda film then.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:51 pm

Cadmusteeth wrote:So it's a propaganda film then.

makes sense 2me :shock: - tanks

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:51 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGFJYJHxYxc

It looks like a normal modern "war is hell" film to me. I'll watch it simply for the AFVs and vehicles, as they seemed to have an early working Panther Ausf D or Ausf A, in a battle scene.
Panther.JPG

Off topic.
German tanks were painted a dark yellow colour near the end of the war. It's a really hard colour for a film maker to "get right" and look natural. In the Band of Brothers TV show there was a scene where it looked like enormous German tracked bananas were shooting at the Americans.
:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:58 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGFJYJHxYxc

It looks like a normal modern "war is hell" film to me. I'll watch it simply for the AFVs and vehicles, as they seemed to have an early working Panther Ausf D or Ausf A, in a battle scene. Panther.JPG

Off topic.
German tanks were painted a dark yellow colour near the end of the war. It's a really hard colour for a film maker to "get right" and look natural. In the Band of Brothers TV show there was a scene where it looked like enormous German tracked bananas were shooting at the Americans.
:D

Some accuracy there, but the same vehicles appear in multiple scenes... production values in this pos not exactly the highest.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:17 am

Xcalibur wrote: Some accuracy there, but the same vehicles appear in multiple scenes... production values in this pos not exactly the highest.
Fair enough.

It does seem to me that more Panthers are getting restored. In this video's opening scene you can see a Panther Ausf G, doing its circuit, but behind it is a Jagdpanther and an extremely rare Bergepanther (recovery vehicle).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26cSk60Aj3Y

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:34 am

Not necessarily. I think it's just attracted the deniers because it doesn't make ALL Nazis out to be horrible horrible people. Give some people an inch and they'll take a mile.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:22 am

Off topic
I do love my models of German vehicles since the 70's, when my family lived in Germany, and dad, an airforce officer, bought me "The Book". Die deutschen Panzer 1926-1945 / Ferdinand von Senger und Etterlin.

This book defines, has photos and describes every German wartime AFV and additionally, vehicles in development. It is useful to "spot" post war fakes and the internet is full of invented fake German wartime tanks. If you love "counting rivets" this is the book for you. :D

The "jewel in the crown" for modellers, in this book, is two photos of a real German landmine clearing vehicle that was "a one off" and was scrapped by the Americans after the war, that appears in the book.
minenraumer s.jpg
minenraumer s 2.jpg

I have had a couple attempts over twenty years to make a model from scratch in 1/35 scale and failed. Last year, as computers can now be used to make cheap "master models" a Hong Kong company released a 1/35 model. I bet all of you are as very excited as I am. (Tongue in cheek) :D
Takom Krupp Minenraumer S.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:37 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:Off topic
I do love my models of German vehicles since the 70's, when my family lived in Germany, and dad, an airforce officer, bought me "The Book". Die deutschen Panzer 1926-1945 / Ferdinand von Senger und Etterlin.

This book defines, has photos and describes every German wartime AFV and additionally, vehicles in development. It is useful to "spot" post war fakes and the internet is full of invented fake German wartime tanks. If you love "counting rivets" this is the book for you. :D

The "jewel in the crown" for modellers, in this book, is two photos of a real German landmine clearing vehicle that was "a one off" and was scrapped by the Americans after the war, that appears in the book. minenraumer s.jpgminenraumer s 2.jpg

I have had a couple attempts over twenty years to make a model from scratch in 1/35 scale and failed. Last year, as computers can now be used to make cheap "master models" a Hong Kong company released a 1/35 model. I bet all of you are as very excited as I am. (Tongue in cheek) :D

I've read the book as mistakes in military procurement policies throughout history is of interest. Been to Bovington and Aberdeen, as well.

Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster

Postby Cadmusteeth » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:36 am

Gord wrote:

Not necessarily. I think it's just attracted the deniers because it doesn't make ALL Nazis out to be horrible horrible people. Give some people an inch and they'll take a mile.
Oh, ok then.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:15 am

Cadmusteeth wrote:
Gord wrote:

Oh, ok then.

IMDb reviewers either like the movie and forgive its failings because of the small budget .
or hate the movie and call it propaganda .
same word I came up with - when I realized I felt bad they were attacking , when they should have been retreating .
led by the unknowing :-/

oh its on Netflix !
and they list it as 2015

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:55 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:I bet all of you are as very excited as I am. (Tongue in cheek) :D

I want one of everything, but it's not in my budget.
#ANDAMOVIE

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:00 am

Cadmusteeth wrote:
Gord wrote:

Oh, ok then.

Bad film full of tu quoque horseshit.

Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster

Postby Cadmusteeth » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:09 pm

Bad film then, got it.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:04 am

Xcalibur wrote: I've read the book as mistakes in military procurement policies throughout history is of interest.

Off topic
When I was young, I assumed that all weapon development was to simply make better and more effective weapons. I was absolutely wrong.

The Germans had a new tank design weapon program called the Entwicklung series. At first glance these new paper panzers seemed very modern but hardly any of them had turrets, which seemed odd. I later realised the Germans had over engineered their early war tanks, with too much variety and wanted to reduce the man hours for production and have common components to ease the supply chain. I then also realised that the Germans were quickly losing all its highly trained soldiers and engineers and had to make simpler machines that a common 16 years old conscript could fix or maintain.

Here we are 80 years later and the Russian army is converting into a professional army from a conscript army. Therefore the exact reverse is happening. The new T-14 and T-15 Russian tanks are really complex and need high level maintenance by experts.

Economics and Development.
The USA has beautiful over-engineered aircraft and tanks, that come at a price. ( A F-35 will cost 85-90 million). Let us pretend the "enemy" develops an expensive missile that can shoot down F-35s in large numbers It is not only the cost of replacing the F-35s but the man hours required to manufacture new jets, that may make replacement "not an option". Therefore, it seems to me, a country like the USA should also develop "ready for immediate production" a really cheap, fast to manufacture, fighter bomber, that can be shot down but at the expense of the enemy's expensive anti-aircraft missile. It then becomes uneconomic for the enemy to keep manufacturing and using its weapons.

There's a (possibly fake) Russian saying "Quantity is a quality in itself"

What I'm really saying is that it is good to have a variety of high tech and low tech weapons "ready to go". The USA can afford to do this while its potential enemies cannot afford to do this. That means the USA uses its economy as its weapon.

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:32 am

Right, I find the procurement world Byzantine, costly, and weird, and the competitive milieu behind it fascinating in wartime versus peacetime.

Return to “Holocaust Denial”