Denier Stupidity : "Conveyor belts in the gas chambers"

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
Oozy_Substance
Poster

Denier Stupidity : "Conveyor belts in the gas chambers"

Postby Oozy_Substance » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:49 am

Einstein was right. "Two Things Are Infinite: the Universe and Human Stupidity".
I am not sure if Einstein met any Holocaust Deniers in his life, but his quote fits them very well.

Today a Holocaust-Denier showed me the following picture :

1489559188001.jpg

He asked me how is it possible that Eichmann admitted that the gas chambers in Auschwitz had "Conveyor belts" that drove people from the gas chambers to the crematoria, as the article specifies (a device that certainly did not exist).

I told him this is an article written by some journalist, and he should show me the actual quote by Eichmann, in which he admits Auschwitz had deadly "conveyor belts".

He presented me the following link out of Nizkor

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but the two instances the "conveyor belts" are mentioned in here are not related to the gas chambers at all. And in addition, the text is not even by Eichmann, and I quote :

Q. Didn't you talk there with representatives of the Jews about the way in which this conveyor belt worked?

A. Certainly. We had the opportunity to meet with these people. Afterwards Eichmann became very angry because we had done so, because there had been a general ban on coming into contact with them. But we thought that if we received an invitation to go there this also meant a natural opportunity for us to be able to speak to our brothers.

and

Judge Halevi: Did the "Central Office" in Vienna not require visas to other countries for emigration? How did they arrange this factory, this conveyor belt to other countries without visas?

Witness Meyer: That was the centralized set-up. Perhaps this was the sole logic in this arrangement - a concentration of all the internal offices of Austria, and afterwards also of Germany, to which a Jew had to come in order to obtain all the confirmations: payment of taxes to the municipality, to the State, to hand over all his property and all kinds of papers that he needed to collect, and in addition to that he ultimately received there a certificate to the effect that there was no objection to his emigration.

So, I am not too informed about all the details, but it seems they speak about something totally unrelated, something about emigration. Nothing about physical conveyor belts in the gas chambers.

Another denier fail!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Re: Denier Stupidity : "Conveyor belts in the gas chambers"

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:09 am

The testimony from Eichmann's trial was about the Zentralstelle für jüdische Auswanderung which Eichmann set up in Vienna in 1938 after the Anschluss, to create an efficient process to speed Jews through the required steps in the emigration process (stamps for things like being up to date on rent, tax payments, etc). The Zentralstelle brought officials/staff for each step of the process together so that those emigrating did not have to chase from office to office over many weeks or months to complete the necessary parts of the process; with Eichmann's innovation, a person could be in compliance in a week or two. The "central office" concept was a big boost to Eichmann's career and was used in Prague and Berlin later, also in Amsterdam. The "conveyor belt" is not real but a metaphor for how that process worked, like a conveyor belt moving goods over a factory floor. The Jewish community leadership was dragooned into helping with the work of the central office, thus the testimony by an Austrian Zionist leader, Franz Meyer. The "central office" in Vienna was established, again, in 1938, before the war, before the mass shootings in the east, before the construction of the death camps, and so on.

There is a lot written about this topic. Here are two quick intro type links: http://www.yadvashem.org/odot_pdf/Micro ... 206235.pdf, http://www.yadvashem.org/odot_pdf/Micro ... 206394.pdf.)

Your denier is a moron. Feel free to pass that along to him.
Last edited by Statistical Mechanic on Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

- Rudolf Hess, letter, 1927

Oozy_Substance
Poster

Postby Oozy_Substance » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:55 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:The testimony from Eichmann's trial was about the Zentralstelle für jüdische Auswanderung which Eichmann set up in Vienna in 1938 after the Anschluss, to create an efficient process to speed Jews through the required steps in the emigration process (stamps for things like being up to date on rent, tax payments, etc). The Zentralstelle brought officials/staff for each step of the process together so that those emigrating did not have to chase from office to office over many weeks or months to complete the necessary parts of the process; with Eichmann's innovation, a person could be in compliance in a week or two. The "central office" concept was a big boost to Eichmann's career and was used in Prague and Berlin later, also in Amsterdam. The "conveyor belt" is not real but a metaphor for how that process worked, like a conveyor belt moving goods over a factory floor. The Jewish community leadership was dragooned into helping with the work of the central office, thus the testimony by an Austrian Zionist leader, Franz Meyer. The "central office" in Vienna was established before the war. Your denier is a moron. Feel free to pass that along to him.

There is a lot written about this topic. Here are two quick intro type links: http://www.yadvashem.org/odot_pdf/Micro ... 206235.pdf, http://www.yadvashem.org/odot_pdf/Micro ... 206394.pdf.)

Thank you for the information. I will look into it.

I assume this article, which the denier brought up, was written during Eichmann's trial in the very early 60's.
it seems like the reporter who wrote the article overheard the words "conveyor belt" during the trial and somehow concluded it's about an actual physical conveyor belt that existed in Auschwitz and took part in the extermination process.
It's quite amazing how nearly 60 years after it was written, an error in some article is circulated around the web as a Holocaust-Denial instrument.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:57 am

sorry (I just edited while you posted)

please do pass along our greetings to this denier and tell him he is as dumb as a sack of hammers . . . :)
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:16 pm

The whole "conveyor belt" deal comes from an article written by a Russian reporter named Boris Polevoi. You can read more about him here:
http://holocaustcontroversies.blogspot.com/2006/08/what-soviets-knew-about-auschwitz-and.html?m=1

I've had this tossed at me a few times. I'm dismissive of it, it's a newspaper article written by someone who misunderstood what he saw.

Why deniers nitpick this silly crap and think they scored points is beyond me.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:25 pm

thanks

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Postby Jeff_36 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:46 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:The testimony from Eichmann's trial was about the Zentralstelle für jüdische Auswanderung which Eichmann set up in Vienna in 1938 after the Anschluss, to create an efficient process to speed Jews through the required steps in the emigration process (stamps for things like being up to date on rent, tax payments, etc). The Zentralstelle brought officials/staff for each step of the process together so that those emigrating did not have to chase from office to office over many weeks or months to complete the necessary parts of the process; with Eichmann's innovation, a person could be in compliance in a week or two. The "central office" concept was a big boost to Eichmann's career and was used in Prague and Berlin later, also in Amsterdam. The "conveyor belt" is not real but a metaphor for how that process worked, like a conveyor belt moving goods over a factory floor. The Jewish community leadership was dragooned into helping with the work of the central office, thus the testimony by an Austrian Zionist leader, Franz Meyer. The "central office" in Vienna was established, again, in 1938, before the war, before the mass shootings in the east, before the construction of the death camps, and so on.

Your denier is a moron. Feel free to pass that along to him.

I was just about to say........

I think this might be the dumbest denier gaffe of all time.

Kleon_I XYZ Contagion
Poster

Postby Kleon_I XYZ Contagion » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:54 pm

These deniers are an endless source of laugh. Oh my God, what was this, thank you Oozy and StatMech!
According to experts and scholars, the 10 stages of every genocide are
Classification Symbolization Discrimination Dehumanization Organization Polarization Preparation Persecution Extermination
... and finally the 10th stage:
Denial
http://www.genocidewatch.org/genocide/t ... ocide.html

XYZ Contagion (‘Because the truth is contagious‘), an investigative/research political and historical website, deals also with the Srebrenica Genocide
https://xyzcontagion.wordpress.com/about/#English

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Postby Jeff_36 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:17 pm

Claytonian.

Oozy_Substance
Poster

Postby Oozy_Substance » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:34 am

I have to say this is not necessarily completely the denier's fault. The article does specify there were conveyor belts from the gas chambers to the crematoria.
His stupidity is about taking it as a fact without checking any details

He also showed stupidity by linking me to Nizkor website, without even bothering reading what does it say. He probably just googled for "Eichmann" and "Conveyor Belt" and just found this link. It is also possible that he read it, but was not able to realize they are not talking about actual physical conveyor belts.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:22 pm

Oozy_Substance wrote:I have to say this is not necessarily completely the denier's fault. The article does specify there were conveyor belts from the gas chambers to the crematoria.
His stupidity is about taking it as a fact without checking any details

He also showed stupidity by linking me to Nizkor website, without even bothering reading what does it say. He probably just googled for "Eichmann" and "Conveyor Belt" and just found this link. It is also possible that he read it, but was not able to realize they are not talking about actual physical conveyor belts.

You are kinder than I am. My first move would be to mercilessly rub his face in his stupid error and then mock him that I actually know more about denier BS than he does. :)

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:24 pm

Agree. The guy is a total moron who from what we've seen can't even line up bogus support or useful strawmen for his lies.

Return to “Holocaust Denial”