"The Holocaust was invented in the 1970s".

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
Im_Not_Creative_Enough
Poster

"The Holocaust was invented in the 1970s".

Postby Im_Not_Creative_Enough » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:02 pm

This is a wierdly common argument I've heard from deneirs. I mean, even for them, this is pretty low. It takes a special kind of ignorance.
Hwre's an articlw from an Israeli newpaper that mentions rumors on the death of a million Jews in Poland from 1942
http://jpress.org.il/Olive/APA/NLI_Heb/ ... 1&rtl=true
Last edited by Im_Not_Creative_Enough on Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Im_Not_Creative_Enough
Poster

Re: "The Holocaust was invented in the 1970s".

Postby Im_Not_Creative_Enough » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:03 pm

Im_Not_Creative_Enough wrote:This is a wierdly common argument I've heard from deneirs. I mean, even for them, this is pretty low. It takes a special kind of ignorance.
Hwre's an articlw from an Israeli newpaper that mentions rumors on the death of a million Jews in poland from 1942
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Jeffk 1970
Perpetual Poster

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:09 pm

Im_Not_Creative_Enough wrote:This is a wierdly common argument I've heard from deneirs. I mean, even for them, this is pretty low. It takes a special kind of ignorance.
Hwre's an articlw from an Israeli newpaper that mentions rumors on the death of a million Jews in Poland from 1942

According to Jim Rizoli, denier expert, Hogan's Heroes was the impetus behind the invention of the Holocaust.

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:18 pm

What....
« Oral history is a complex field. After all, memory can be a distorting mirror, as anyone who has ever worked with memoir literature knows very well...They may be imperfect, and, at times, inaccurate as the narrator tries to cast himself in the most favorable light, but all sources are imperfect. Even an archival document reflects how the person who drafted it understood something and remains something less than the unvarnished truth. »
- James Mace

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:22 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:

According to Jim Rizoli, denier expert, Hogan's Heroes was the impetus behind the invention of the Holocaust.

And

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=27156#p529368 wrote:What a lot of you might not know is that the holohaox story started with an event started by the American Nazi Party. That group brought all this holohaox stuff to the fore front and through a man called FRANK COLLINS...A JEW in April of 1977 in a place called Skokie Illinois, "The largest Shtetl of Holocaust Survivors in America"

This was a PLANNED event put up by the JEWS to get all this holocaust nonsense going. Prior to this nobody realy cared about this Jewsih holocaust crap..and derservedly.....After all America had Hogans Heroes, and everybody knows that NO thought of gassings was ever brought up in that humerous show and the Germans were not evil but just dipicted as dumbos. That show ran from 1965-1971....

:lol:

Jeff_36
Persistent Poster

Postby Jeff_36 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:18 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:

It was Joe, not Jim. And that was easily the stupidest thing I have ever heard anyone say ever. He is lower in the list than Monstrous but that's just because Monstrous wins by accumulation. But this was spectacular - he got nominated for a Stundie IIRC.

Kleon_I XYZ Contagion
Poster

Postby Kleon_I XYZ Contagion » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:53 am

AFAIK, the word Holocaust was used as a word to describe the genocide of the Jews by the Nazis in mid-1942 by a British newspaper.
It wouldn't be wrong to say that it was used more widely after the late 70s and the great success of the TV show with Meryl Streep called Holocaust.
A minor detail:
Did you know that Thessaloniki Jews prefer the word Shoah but Athens Jews always call it 'the expulsion'?
According to experts and scholars, the 10 stages of every genocide are
Classification Symbolization Discrimination Dehumanization Organization Polarization Preparation Persecution Extermination
... and finally the 10th stage:
Denial
http://www.genocidewatch.org/genocide/t ... ocide.html

XYZ Contagion (‘Because the truth is contagious‘), an investigative/research political and historical website, deals also with the Srebrenica Genocide
https://xyzcontagion.wordpress.com/about/#English

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:54 pm

Kleon_I XYZ Contagion wrote:Did you know that Thessaloniki Jews prefer the word Shoah but Athens Jews always call it 'the expulsion'?

Thanks for that. In source material written by Jews living through the events, I have seen (and I should have marked down each occasion) "holocaust" lowercase h used as a generic descriptor of the events.
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

- Rudolf Hess, letter, 1927

BornAgainDisciple

Postby BornAgainDisciple » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:49 am

Many Jewish communities prefer the word Shoah.
Holocaust is mostly used by Western people.

Jeffk 1970
Perpetual Poster

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:04 am

BornAgainDisciple wrote:Many Jewish communities prefer the word Shoah.
Holocaust is mostly used by Western people.

I try not to use the word very often myself. I think we all slip into the use of it subconsciously.

BornAgainDisciple

Postby BornAgainDisciple » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:16 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:I think we all slip into the use of it subconsciously.

That is true. Almost every news article and such use the word Holocaust more commonly than Hebrew word Shoah.
Shoah or Ha-Shoah is much better word to describe the whole persecution and genocide during the period.
Holocaust has it's historical meaning with sacrifice to G-d and thus some don't want to use it.

Jeffk 1970
Perpetual Poster

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:19 am

BornAgainDisciple wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:I think we all slip into the use of it subconsciously.

That is true. Almost every news article and such use the word Holocaust more commonly than Hebrew word Shoah.
Shoah or Ha-Shoah is much better word to describe the whole persecution and genocide during the period.
Holocaust has it's historical meaning with sacrifice to G-d and thus some don't want to use it.

I myself prefer to use destruction or genocide.

Return to “Holocaust Denial”