"Auschwitz had a Jazz band" (Ghetto Swingers)

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
Oozy_Substance
Poster

"Auschwitz had a Jazz band" (Ghetto Swingers)

Postby Oozy_Substance » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:18 pm

So I came across yet another denier. He was mumbling about the famous "Auschwitz Pool".

This was my answer to him :

All the “nice“ resorts were located in Auschwitz I, where the camp’s staff and administration resided. The inmates never used them. The inmates were taken to Auschwitz II (Birkenau, the extermination camp) and Auschwitz III ( the labour camp).

Please correct me if I am wrong about it, by the way.

He then responded saying Auschwitz had a band called "Ghetto Swingers" and that I cannot deny it. I googled it, and there was actually such a thing, yet, the true information is as follows :

The Ghetto Swingers were a jazz band organised in the Nazi concentration camp Theresienstadt.[1]

And

After the Red Cross visit to the camp, Commandant Rahm instructed Gerron to make a propaganda film. Footage shows the Ghetto Swingers playing on the wooden pavilion built for Karel Ančerl's string orchestra in the town's main square.[5] After the camp closed, the members of the jazz band were sent to Auschwitz.[6] Roman and guitarist Coco Schumann survived. Gerron and clarinetist Bedřich "Fritz" Weiss did not.

So, yeah. The denier shot himself in the leg. Not only this jazz band was not from Auschwitz, but from Theresienstadt, but some of the band members were actually sent to and died in Auschwitz.

When will deniers stop from pulling these shenanigans?

By the way, I must add that Aaron Richard's blog is really good with dealing with the "nice" facilities of Auschwitz, I learned much from there.

And just to give this thread some content, speaking of Theresienstadt. Can you tell why it was specially mentioned in the Korherr Report? What was special about it?

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Re: "Auschwitz had a Jazz band" (Ghetto Swingers)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:48 pm

Oozy_Substance wrote:This was my answer to him :

All the “nice“ resorts were located in Auschwitz I, were the camp’s staff and administration resided. The inmates never used them. The inmates were taken to Auschwitz II (Birkenau, the extermination camp) and Auschwitz III ( the labour camp).

Please correct me if I am wrong about it, by the way.

Auschwitz I, the Stammlager, held prisoners too, although the SS garrison was also located there (http://auschwitz.org/en/history/auschwitz-i/). I am not an expert on this so please take with a grain of salt re nice facilities (eg brothel): Kapos too, ones whom the Camp SS wished to reward. Not different from some other KLs in this regard.

Oozy_Substance wrote:By the way, I must add that Aaron Richard's blog is really good with dealing with the "nice" facilities of Auschwitz, I learned much from there.

Yes - and just damned good overall! Thanks Aaron!

Oozy_Substance wrote:And just to give this thread some content, speaking of Theresienstadt. Can you tell why it was specially mentioned in the Korherr Report? What was special about it?

https://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.ph ... d=10005424
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=27891#p563207
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

- Rudolf Hess, letter, 1927

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:55 pm

All the “nice“ resorts were located in Auschwitz I, where the camp’s staff and administration resided. The inmates never used them. The inmates were taken to Auschwitz II (Birkenau, the extermination camp) and Auschwitz III ( the labour camp).

Some of the more privileged inmates used the amenities and the SS never utilized the brothel there, they had their own.

Auschwitz-Monowitz was an industrial camp created to service I.G. Farben and the buna works there.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:00 pm

Yeah the SS would hardly have to do with prisoners from Ravensbruck except behind closed doors, so to speak. Paragons of virtue, that lot.
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

- Rudolf Hess, letter, 1927

Aaron Richards
Poster

Postby Aaron Richards » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:10 pm

I am honored, guys.

Also, feel free to PM me whenever you find glaring errors while reading my blog. I am constantly making minor corrections whenever I can to improve accuracy.
"...we had the duty towards our Volk (the German people) to kill this Volk (the Jewish people) that wanted to kill us." - Himmler in his 1943 Posen speech reminding any future holocaust denier how absurd their beliefs really are.
I compile rebuttals to popular holocaust denier canards here: http://imgur.com/a/725A7

Darren Wilshak
Poster

Postby Darren Wilshak » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:51 am

Do you think its time to update the apostasy of the Black rabbit of Inle, Aaron?

Come back BroI!

Oozy_Substance
Poster

Postby Oozy_Substance » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:20 am

More on the topic of Auschwitz, I just came across this picture posted by some denier.

It is not the first time I've seen it, but I managed to forget about it.

1489054082001.jpg

I am not too-informed about Auschwitz, but as I know, such rails did not exist in Auschwitz. Correct me if I am wrong. So it's just deniers cherry-picking shoddy testimonies.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Balsamo
Frequent Poster

Postby Balsamo » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:34 pm

Don't what to say...
It is a footnote...what does it referring to?

Oozy_Substance
Poster

Postby Oozy_Substance » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:22 pm

Balsamo wrote:Don't what to say...
It is a footnote...what does it referring to?

Shouldn't it be quite easy to handle this testimony?
We just need to verify if Auschwitz had in it "cars on rails" that tossed inmates into an oven that were hidden inside the wall...

As far as I know, it hadn't.

Oozy_Substance
Poster

Postby Oozy_Substance » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:57 am

I wish to bump this thread once again, asking once more about the "Auschwitz Rail Cars" mentioned in the picture I posted above, as I just came across this picture again, posted by some denier, this time from Bavaria.

Does anyone have insights about it? I think it's BS to be honest.

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:36 am

Oozy_Substance wrote:I wish to bump this thread once again, asking once more about the "Auschwitz Rail Cars" mentioned in the picture I posted above, as I just came across this picture again, posted by some denier, this time from Bavaria.

Does anyone have insights about it? I think it's BS to be honest.

Yes, BS.

And, having read the entire page from your post, this book should be burnt. Its crap.

Oozy_Substance
Poster

Postby Oozy_Substance » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:08 pm

During a debate with deniers online I have created this meme-picture.

What do you think?

udo_walendy_the_holocaust_denier_exposed_as_liar2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BornAgainDisciple

Postby BornAgainDisciple » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:15 am

Oozy_Substance wrote:So I came across yet another denier. He was mumbling about the famous "Auschwitz Pool".

The only Jewish prisoner known to been swimming in that pool was Alfred Nakache, "the swimmer of Auschwitz".
Many deniers don't know this and it's also quite rarely mentioned in general Auschwitz history.

Return to “Holocaust Denial”