Did Hitler deliberately spare the British from annihilation at Dunkirk?

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
Aaron Richards
Poster

Did Hitler deliberately spare the British from annihilation at Dunkirk?

Postby Aaron Richards » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:26 pm

From what I understand, the tank advance had overextended itself and Hitler's generals did not want them to be without support from the rest of the advancing Wehrmacht. Therefore, Hitler ordered them to halt and wait for reinforcements, while relying on Hermann Göring, head of the Luftwaffe, to destroy the Allied forces on the beaches of Dunkirk. However, the Luftwaffe coud not accomplish this, and therefore the British could evacuate without mass casualties.

However, the revisionist view is that Hitler was an England fanboy, and deliberately halted the advance to ALLOW the Brits to escape in a selfless act of divine mercy, friendship and camaraderie, hoping this would end the war with Britain. To back up their claims, they often present the following:

In his book, The “Other Side of the Hill,” published in 1948, which deals with the invasion of France and the Dunkirk event, British Military Historian Sir Basil Liddel Hart quotes the German General von Blumentritt concerning Hitlers halt order:

"He (Hitler) then astonished us by speaking with admiration of the British Empire, of the necessity for it's existence , and of the civilization that Britain had brought into the world. ...He compared the British Empire with the Catholic Church saying they were both essential elements of stability in the world. He said that all he wanted from Britain was the she should acknowledge Germany's position on the Continent. The return of Germany's colonies would be desirable but not essential, and he would even offer to support Britain with troops if she should be involved in difficulties anywhere" - German General von Blumentritt

I do not consider Basel Liddel Heart a reputable historian, given his biases, e.g. his promulgating the myth of Erwin Rommel being a good guy who hated Hitler, or the myth of the clean Wehrmacht.

Also what strikes me about the above quote as odd is because Hitler hated the Catholic Church, theres many books about how he waged war against the organized clergy and the pope.

However, the quote also appears in another historian's book, that of Peter Padfield's "Hess, Hitler, and Churchill". Any input about this guy?

The quote also appears in Benton L Bradberry's "The Myth of German Villainy" and Michael Walsh's "Rhodesia's Death, Europe's Funeral". Now these hombres are not historians, they are propagandists.

It gets a little bit more complicated because I do have several original Hitler quotes on audio (speeches) where he repeatedly stresses that he did not wish war with Britain, that he had hoped the british people would not be goaded into supporting war against Germany etc. Youtube neo-nazi film maker "Impartial Truth" supplies them in the following propaganda video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnvGftH7beY

The quotes in the video however do not directly prove Hitler having ordered to halt the advance at Dunkirk out of compassion, and at best, can be considered circumstantial evidence that Hitler wasnt genocidal about the British armed forces.

Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by Aaron Richards on Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"...we had the duty towards our Volk (the German people) to kill this Volk (the Jewish people) that wanted to kill us." - Himmler in his 1943 Posen speech reminding any future holocaust denier how absurd their beliefs really are.
I compile rebuttals to popular holocaust denier canards here: http://imgur.com/a/725A7

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Re: Did Hitler deliberately spare the British from annihilation at Dunkirk?

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:27 pm

Just a quick comment: Weinberg relentlessly disputes the notion that Hitler was favorable toward England.
Nazism conspired to create a sense of festival time. . . . Tragically for humanity, the party generating it was the type not associated with the coloured costumes of the Brazilian Carnival, but with the brown-shirted thuggery of the NSDAP. The contrast between the dance and the march, between the samba and the strains of the Horst Wessel Lied, points to the gulf separating a life-asserting community from a community which exists only by creating a demonized other. - RG '97

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:22 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Just a quick comment: Weinberg relentlessly disputes the notion that Hitler was favorable toward England.

I disagree with him on this. Based upon what I've read (and I don't want to hijack Aaron's thread :D), Hitler wanted an agreement or alliance to keep the British Empire intact while allowing him to dominate Europe.

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:30 pm

myth of Erwin Rommel being a good guy
It is no myth that Rommel was not a supporter of these things. There is no myth and it's quite hard to find people who are willing to speak bad things about him. It's quite clear he was unaware of the Holocaust and the possible actions against the Jews that would follow his troops. It's true that he took part in an attempt to murder Hitler. It is true that while building the Atlantic wall that he had predicted the fall of Germany.

It is not a myth that he was praised by Churchill:

He also deserves our respect because, although a loyal German soldier, he came to hate Hitler and all his works, and took part in the conspiracy to rescue Germany by displacing the maniac and tyrant. For this, he paid the forfeit of his life. In the sombre wars of modern democracy, chivalry finds no place … Still, I do not regret or retract the tribute I paid to Rommel, unfashionable though it was judged.
« Lies written in ink cannot disguise facts written in blood. »
- Lu Xun

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:39 pm

Aaron Richards wrote:From what I understand, the tank advance had overextended itself and Hitler's generals did not want them to be without support from the rest of the advancing Wehrmacht. Therefore, Hitler ordered them to halt and wait for reinforcements, while relying on Hermann Göring, head of the Luftwaffe, to destroy the Allied forces on the beaches of Dunkirk. However, the Luftwaffe coud not accomplish this, and therefore the British could evacuate without mass casualties.

The actual halt order came from Runstedt and Kluge. Hitler agreed with their decision.

There were a lot of factors that went into this but the area around Dunkirk was not considered good tank territory. It was a marshy environment that tanks could not surmount.
Hitler understood this reasoning because he apparently served in the area during WW I and was familiar with it.

Another reason to halt was the wear and tear on the tanks. Hitler and his generals wanted to preserve the tanks for the final assault on France.

Finally, Hitler was somewhat concerned over the relative ease of the attack and wanted to make sure no last minute counterattacks would lead the Germans to defeat. Goering played on that fear to advance his prestige.

However, the revisionist view is that Hitler was an England fanboy, and deliberately halted the advance to ALLOW the Brits to escape in a selfless act of divine mercy, friendship and camaraderie, hoping this would end the war with Britain.

This is highly unlikely. Hitler miscalculated the British ability to mobilize a rescue operation and actually believed Goering when he said he could destroy the British on his own. Once Hitler and the generals realized what was happening they attempted to attack Dunkirk but the British and French strengthened the perimeter defenses and were able to delay the attack.
Last edited by Jeffk 1970 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:40 pm

@Jeffk: Sometime - god knows when - I will go through Weinberg and other books and try summarizing their arguments. I have Overy's 1939: Countdown to War on my list to read, as his framework for analysis is so different to Weinberg's. From what I've read "alliance" seems to be stretching things . . . and I don't see pro-Brit "fanboy" motivations in the decisions in France at this time. On the larger question of Hitler's war aims and Britain, I just wanted to note that there are contrary views.
Nazism conspired to create a sense of festival time. . . . Tragically for humanity, the party generating it was the type not associated with the coloured costumes of the Brazilian Carnival, but with the brown-shirted thuggery of the NSDAP. The contrast between the dance and the march, between the samba and the strains of the Horst Wessel Lied, points to the gulf separating a life-asserting community from a community which exists only by creating a demonized other. - RG '97

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:47 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:@Jeffk: Sometime - god knows when - I will go through Weinberg and other books and try summarizing their arguments. I have Overy's 1939: Countdown to War on my list to read, as his framework for analysis is so different to Weinberg's. From what I've read "alliance" seems to be stretching things . . . and I don't see pro-Brit "fanboy" motivations in the decisions in France at this time. On the larger question of Hitler's war aims and Britain, I just wanted to note that there are contrary views.

My objection to Weinberg is he focused on Hitler's attitude towards the British during the war. Naturally Hitler's views changed over time, he wasn't exactly the forgiving type... :D
Let me know how Overy's book is.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:50 pm

I cannot imagine that Overy would agree much with Weinberg!

Weinberg's other book covers the 1930s - and unlike the war book, from Germany's point of view, not a global history.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:55 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:I cannot imagine that Overy would agree much with Weinberg!

Weinberg's other book covers the 1930s - and unlike the war book, from Germany's point of view, not a global history.

That's right, you read his book on diplomacy. I forgot about that. I've never read it and probably won't, I found Weinberg a tedious read.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:56 pm

I congratulate you on your decision! Many hours I wish I had back . . . Overy OTOH is good reading!

Aaron Richards
Poster

Postby Aaron Richards » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:02 pm

Denying-History wrote:
It is no myth that Rommel was not a supporter of these things. There is no myth and it's quite hard to find people who are willing to speak bad things about him. It's quite clear he was unaware of the Holocaust and the possible actions against the Jews that would follow his troops. It's true that he took part in an attempt to murder Hitler. It is true that while building the Atlantic wall that he had predicted the fall of Germany.

He also deserves our respect because, although a loyal German soldier, he came to hate Hitler and all his works, and took part in the conspiracy to rescue Germany by displacing the maniac and tyrant. For this, he paid the forfeit of his life. In the sombre wars of modern democracy, chivalry finds no place … Still, I do not regret or retract the tribute I paid to Rommel, unfashionable though it was judged.

There's a lot of ambiguity:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rommel_myth
"...we had the duty towards our Volk (the German people) to kill this Volk (the Jewish people) that wanted to kill us." - Himmler in his 1943 Posen speech reminding any future holocaust denier how absurd their beliefs really are.
I compile rebuttals to popular holocaust denier canards here: http://imgur.com/a/725A7

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:09 pm

Aaron Richards wrote:
Denying-History wrote:

There's a lot of ambiguity:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rommel_myth
There is debate as to how much of a hero that he was... There is no Myth about his story though and its rather accurately put by Churchill. Regardless of propaganda creating some myths his own legacy still stands. There is no debate ether that his leadership was strong against that of the English as well as his defeat of the Americans at their first confrontation. He was in fact a master of mechanized warfare who was defeated only by the British supply line.

Now to answer your question about Dunkirk, it was not Hitler who gave a Halt Order. It was actually von Rundstedt, and the Hitler order theory has been long debunked.
- Lu Xun

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:32 pm

I already said the bit about Runstedt.... :lol:

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:20 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:I already said the bit about Runstedt.... :lol:
A small amount of repetition never hurts anyone.
- Lu Xun

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:22 pm

Denying-History wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:I already said the bit about Runstedt.... :lol:
A small amount of repetition never hurts anyone.

At my age it's a necessity.

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Postby Jeff_36 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:15 am

Regarding Rommel: he was a marginal at best member of the July 20th plot and may have opposed the act of assasanation. His opposition to Hitler may well ahve been as a result of opportunisim regarding the end of the war - there is a great deal of speculation on that.

His son also sated that Rommel had found out about the FS from the mayor of Stuttgard.

Ian Hazard
Poster

Postby Ian Hazard » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:09 pm

Aaron Richards wrote:
However, the revisionist view is that Hitler was an England fanboy, and deliberately halted the advance to ALLOW the Brits to escape in a selfless act of divine mercy, friendship and camaraderie, hoping this would end the war with Britain. To back up their claims, they often present the following:

...bla...bla...bla...bla...

[BS snipped]

More dishonest rhetoric from a True Believer. From what I have seen and read revisionists have many different opinions about the Dunkirk stop order. If you read the RODOH thread below it is plain to see revisionists are far from being united in one ideologically led viewpoint as Aaron would have us believe.

The RODOH revisionists have actually bothered to do some research and use historical sources to back up their opinions. This is something most of you guys might want to begin doing if you would like to be taken seriously. Then again this forum appears to be nothing more than a poorly run hasbara disinformation outlet so why would any of you guys give a damn about historical truth?

Real open debate on the Dunkirk stop order:

https://rodoh.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1055

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:23 pm

Ian Hazard wrote:
Aaron Richards wrote:

[BS snipped]

More dishonest rhetoric from a True Believer. From what I have seen and read revisionists have many different opinions about the Dunkirk stop order. If you read the RODOH thread below it is plain to see revisionists are far from being united in one ideologically led viewpoint as Aaron would have us believe.

The RODOH revisionists have actually bothered to do some research and use historical sources to back up their opinions. This is something most of you guys might want to begin doing if you would like to be taken seriously. Then again this forum appears to be nothing more than a poorly run hasbara disinformation outlet so why would any of you guys give a damn about historical truth?

Oh, look. A drive-by from Ian, undoubtedly followed by him scampering off like a chicken.

We actually discussed the historical background in this thread.

Another denier trait:
Claiming Hasbara disinformation and then running off.

You know, I don't mind you coming around, Ian. What bugs me is that you then run off like a frightened little boy who is late for supper.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:23 pm

>> this forum appears to be nothing more than a poorly run hasbara disinformation outlet

Our handlers will take this and give us weeks of {!#%@}. They like to believe that our operation here is well run and count on us to prove them right. This kind of loose talk will cause no end of grief for those of us who are paid to spread disinformation here: meetings, poor marks on personnel records, shouting matches, pay deductions, etc. So {!#%@} you and the horse you rode in on. I don't want to have to go through another shakedown by our bosses . . .

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:26 pm

I know, I was due for a promotion and an additional week of vacation until this little {!#%@} popped up again.

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:26 pm

Ian Hazard wrote:
Aaron Richards wrote:

[BS snipped]

Shameless plug for Rodoh from Chuckles Traynor noted.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:40 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:I know, I was due for a promotion and an additional week of vacation until this little {!#%@} popped up again.

Well, now you're totally {!#%@}. We all are. And, {!#%@}, we just slipped up and spent a couple days showing Monstrous sources. We're supposed to avoid sources like the plague, IIRC from early training sessions.

All this aside, no, I am not clicking on the advert spam this lagoon creature Fish-Traynor-Hazard dropped behind him . . .

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:40 pm

Xcalibur wrote:Shameless plug for Rodoh from Chuckles Traynor noted.

LOL gmta . . . silly little man.

Kleon_I XYZ Contagion
Poster

Postby Kleon_I XYZ Contagion » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:27 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:I know, I was due for a promotion and an additional week of vacation until this little {!#%@} popped up again.

This is nothing. I'm late in my paycheck three months now, and a minute ago, after this posting, my handler called me and told me he'll pay me for these three months with a copy of the Protocols of Elder of Zion instead of money.
According to experts and scholars, the 10 stages of every genocide are
Classification Symbolization Discrimination Dehumanization Organization Polarization Preparation Persecution Extermination
... and finally the 10th stage:
Denial
http://www.genocidewatch.org/genocide/t ... ocide.html

XYZ Contagion (‘Because the truth is contagious‘), an investigative/research political and historical website, deals also with the Srebrenica Genocide
https://xyzcontagion.wordpress.com/about/#English

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:55 pm

LOL

Darren Wilshak
Poster

Postby Darren Wilshak » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:59 am

Thanks Ian.

Darren Wilshak
Poster

Postby Darren Wilshak » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:06 am

Did Ian say, "research," in his post?

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:16 pm

I found that to be the funniest part of the post. Fish wrote it with such faux seriousness, too, which really brought out the humor in the use of that word with regard to Rodoh. Fish has a talent for acting like a stiff-backed drill sergeant who is all business and seriousness of purpose and hard work when he's actually a total goofball, can't tell his arse from a hole in the ground, and lazy as a hound dog on a hot summer afternoon.

Ian Hazard
Poster

Postby Ian Hazard » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:22 pm

I am not Charles Traynor. I seem to remember some of you goofballs also saying I was posting at RODOH before I became a member here. You were in due course shown to be lying/badly mistaken with that particular distortion. You guys really need to get over your own paranoia.

Aaron misrepresented the truth about revisionists in his OP. I picked him up on that lie and the link to RODOH showed he was being dishonest. Unlike you guys, it appears the revisionists are not ideologically locked into to one version of history. You obviously prefer to ignore the truth at all costs, hence the many obfuscation posts and the creation of the Traynor strawman.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:32 pm

Ian Hazard wrote:I am not Charles Traynor. I seem to remember some of you goofballs also saying I was posting at RODOH before I became a member here. You were in due course shown to be lying/badly mistaken with that particular distortion.

I never believed that. Charles Traynor is an older man, you are a frightened child who runs when confronted.

You guys really need to get over your own paranoia.

Huh?
:rotfl:

Aaron misrepresented the truth about revisionists in his OP.

Nah, he really didn't.
"Revisionists."

I picked him up on that lie and the link to RODOH showed he was being dishonest. Unlike you guys, it appears the revisionists are not ideologically locked into to one version of history.

Deniers are antisemitic, Hitler ass-kissing fanboys that don't know crap about history.

Want to prove me wrong?
Stop running away.

You obviously prefer to ignore the truth at all costs, hence the many obfuscation posts and the creation of the Traynor strawman.

I sense a challenge. Are you going to back that up?

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:47 pm

Ian Hazard wrote:Unlike you guys, it appears the revisionists are not ideologically locked into to one version of history. You obviously prefer to ignore the truth at all costs . . .

Well, since historians of the Holocaust, and non-deniers in this subforum, don't share any ideological or political outlook, your point is lost on me.

As for ignorance of truth at all costs, hop over here and explain to us what's going on, especially with Berg's dishonesty. Just as one case.

Do you have anything to say, ever, about the mass murder of the Jews, or are you all about Fishian wittering on Kitty Hart and personal statements? Just curious . . .

Speaking of personal statements, I was always taught that if it looks like a Fish, if it talks like a Fish, and if it smells like a Fish, then it will deny being a Fish. Just one of life's maxims.

Balsamo
Frequent Poster

Postby Balsamo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:43 pm

Ian Hazard wrote:
Aaron Richards wrote:

[BS snipped]

The only Hasbara member on this forum is me... 8-)

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:50 pm

Hasbro trolls are awfully cute:

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:53 pm

Balsamo wrote:
Ian Hazard wrote:
Aaron Richards wrote:

[BS snipped]

The only Hasbara member on this forum is me... 8-)

I've been temporarily suspended for refusing to read the new annotated version of "Mein Kampf."

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:55 pm

The first time I was called a hasbara this or that I had to look it up; I'd never heard the term before. I thought it was an insult deniers had made up!

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:57 pm

That happened to me, too. One of them was offended I misspelled it!

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:07 pm

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:10 pm

LOL

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Postby Jeff_36 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:11 am

Ian Hazard wrote:I am not Charles Traynor.

I don't think you are, but you sure sound a lot like him.

And BTW, your "Hasbara" smear was {!#%@} idiotic. I challenge you to find just one post made by a regular member here that is supportive of Netenyahu.

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:19 am

Ok, "not Charles Traynor", how are things up on the Mount?

Care to deign we mere mortals with your wisdom about transit camps? No? Thought not.

Return to “Holocaust Denial”