Famous Anti-semites throughout history?

Discussions
Post Reply
User avatar
Aaron Richards
Poster
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:03 am

Famous Anti-semites throughout history?

Post by Aaron Richards » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:46 am

I thought conspiracies and allegations regarding anti-semitism should rather belong in the Holocaust Denial board than in the history board, given that we have more experts here who deal with this stuff than the generic history buff, but if admins disagree, please move this thread there, thanks.


So today in yet another comment chain on youtube where I linked anti-semitism and lack of intelligence with one another, I got thrown the following argument at me:

"Oh yeah? Was Henry Ford also a right-wing dumbass? Martin Luther, too? Immanuel Kant as well? Voltaire also? Fyodor Mikhaylovich Dostoevsky? Goethe? Schiller? Spruce? Schopenhauer? Ernst Moritz Arndt? Richard Wagner? Nikola Tesla? Joachim Gottfried Herder? Just look for what crushing judgments these people made about the Jew. All of them were probably right-wing conspiracy theorists...

"The Jews are a nation of deceivers," Immanuel Kant once said, and that is exactly the way it is."


I did some digging on Voltaire and found out he later recanted his earlier antisemitic writings. Many people know Ford was an antisemite and friend of Hitlers trying to make business ties. That Martin Luther was an antisemite should also be no secret. And that Hitler loved Wagner speaks for itself. But what about the rest? Are the allegations true?

As to Nikola Tesla, I assume the guy meant this quote:

"Never Trust a Jew!" -Nikola Tesla

even appears on wikiquote, but I did find this that debunks Tesla as any kind of deliberate antisemite:

http://www.apredatorymind.com/Was_Tesla ... mitic.html
Please subscribe to my YouTube channel "Holocaust Documents", where I fight back the sea of antisemitism & conspiracy theories that has taken over its comment section: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTBlSX ... Un5jIhWm7g
I compile rebuttals to popular holocaust denier canards here: https://siraaronrichards.imgur.com

ahhell
Poster
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: Famous Anti-semites throughout history?

Post by ahhell » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:00 pm

I think your mistake was linking anti-semitism(or any bad idea really) to intelligence. Smart and educated people are just better at rationalizing the bad ideas they were raised with.

I have no doubt there were lots of famous intelligent people who were anti-semites, mostly because most of europe was anti-semitic for about 2000 years.

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9214
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Famous Anti-semites throughout history?

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:05 pm

Henry Ford funded printing of 500,000 copies of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. He used his newspaper, the "The Dearborn Independent," to promote antisemitism. Hitler admired him and in 1938 Ford received the Grand Cross of the German Eagle from Germany. Ford opposed the entry of the US into WW II.
Ironically his grandson, Henry Ford II supported the creation of Israel and the US Jewish community.

Brilliant people are just as susceptible to stupidity as anyone else.
A joke going around Moscow during The Great Terror:

The NKVD knocks on a door.
The inhabitants ask who it is.
“NKVD.”
“You’ve got the wrong apartment. The Communists are upstairs.”

Im_Not_Creative_Enough
Poster
Posts: 325
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:32 pm

Re: Famous Anti-semites throughout history?

Post by Im_Not_Creative_Enough » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:00 pm

Well Aaron, you kinda brought it on yourself. When you use the word "dumbass" it makrs you seem childish and can lead people into nitpicking, "you just said the those who dislike Jews have low intelligence but that's not true!!!!1".
Let's try to keep ourselves above their levels, at least when it comes to speech, shall we? No cursing or blubbeting like deneirs usually do.

(with only one word as an exeption: believe me, nothing is funnier than a nazi not knowing how to react after being called a "stormfag").
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23880
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: Famous Anti-semites throughout history?

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:48 pm

:lol:
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22613
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: Famous Anti-semites throughout history?

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:04 pm

I will speak up for cursing. I come from Pennsyltucky.
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31884
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Famous Anti-semites throughout history?

Post by Gord » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:04 pm

If I stop cursing now, how will all those people know they should go to hell?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22613
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: Famous Anti-semites throughout history?

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:25 pm

LOL
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9214
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Famous Anti-semites throughout history?

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:39 pm

ROTFL
A joke going around Moscow during The Great Terror:

The NKVD knocks on a door.
The inhabitants ask who it is.
“NKVD.”
“You’ve got the wrong apartment. The Communists are upstairs.”

User avatar
Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4732
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:45 pm
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Re: Famous Anti-semites throughout history?

Post by Jeff_36 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:25 am

Nixon, Mel Gibson, Monstrous

User avatar
NathanC
Regular Poster
Posts: 596
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:19 am

Re: Famous Anti-semites throughout history?

Post by NathanC » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:47 am

Marx. Cuz, you know, Communism/Marxism was by and for Jews and totally pro Jewish.

https://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/w ... -question/

Let us not look for the secret of the Jew in his religion, but let us look for the secret of his religion in the real Jew.
What is the secular basis of Judaism? Practical need, self-interest. What is the worldly religion of the Jew? Huckstering. What is his worldly God? Money.
Very well then! Emancipation from huckstering and money, consequently from practical, real Judaism, would be the self-emancipation of our time.

User avatar
NathanC
Regular Poster
Posts: 596
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:19 am

Re: Famous Anti-semites throughout history?

Post by NathanC » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:55 am

Aaron Richards wrote:I thought conspiracies and allegations regarding anti-semitism should rather belong in the Holocaust Denial board than in the history board, given that we have more experts here who deal with this stuff than the generic history buff, but if admins disagree, please move this thread there, thanks.


So today in yet another comment chain on youtube where I linked anti-semitism and lack of intelligence with one another, I got thrown the following argument at me:

"Oh yeah? Was Henry Ford also a right-wing dumbass? Martin Luther, too? Immanuel Kant as well? Voltaire also? Fyodor Mikhaylovich Dostoevsky? Goethe? Schiller? Spruce? Schopenhauer? Ernst Moritz Arndt? Richard Wagner? Nikola Tesla? Joachim Gottfried Herder? Just look for what crushing judgments these people made about the Jew. All of them were probably right-wing conspiracy theorists...

"The Jews are a nation of deceivers," Immanuel Kant once said, and that is exactly the way it is."


I did some digging on Voltaire and found out he later recanted his earlier antisemitic writings. Many people know Ford was an antisemite and friend of Hitlers trying to make business ties. That Martin Luther was an antisemite should also be no secret. And that Hitler loved Wagner speaks for itself. But what about the rest? Are the allegations true?

As to Nikola Tesla, I assume the guy meant this quote:

"Never Trust a Jew!" -Nikola Tesla

even appears on wikiquote, but I did find this that debunks Tesla as any kind of deliberate antisemite:

http://www.apredatorymind.com/Was_Tesla ... mitic.html


Argument from popularity and authority. One might as well say that slavery was Justified. If Slavery was wrong and Black people entitled to freedom and the same rights as everyone else, why did the transatlantic slave trade last for a century and involve several governments and nations, some of whom were allegedly Africans as well?

I look at it this way: if Jews are so powerful and dominate the world, why do the people who hate them keep attaining positions of power, wealth and fame? Henry Ford pioneered the "production line" and his name lives on in the cars his company makes to this day. Voltaire and Kant are legendary, well regarded philosophers whose writings live on to this very day. Jeff mentioned Richard Nixon, one of the Presidents of the USA, who I was told restricted weapons sales to Israel while in office. No. The only way to look at this is to realize that Jews don't rule the world, judging by the fact that their "enemies" keep attaining positions of power. This doesn't help the case of Antisemitism, and in fact undermines it.

BornAgainDisciple
Poster
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: Famous Anti-semites throughout history?

Post by BornAgainDisciple » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:39 pm

Karl Marx despite being Jewish himself.
טוב להיות זנב לאריות מאשר ראש לשועלים

ahhell
Poster
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: Famous Anti-semites throughout history?

Post by ahhell » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:19 pm

BornAgainDisciple wrote:Karl Marx despite being Jewish himself.
We got one of them there self-hat'n Jews.

BornAgainDisciple
Poster
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: Famous Anti-semites throughout history?

Post by BornAgainDisciple » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:39 pm

ahhell wrote:
BornAgainDisciple wrote:Karl Marx despite being Jewish himself.
We got one of them there self-hat'n Jews.

Of course he could be labelled as "self-hating". Maybe his despise for religion came from the fact
that his father converted to Protestantism for professional reasons.
טוב להיות זנב לאריות מאשר ראש לשועלים

Im_Not_Creative_Enough
Poster
Posts: 325
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:32 pm

Re: Famous Anti-semites throughout history?

Post by Im_Not_Creative_Enough » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:39 am

Turns out that Swedish YouTube gaming-commentary senseation Pewdipie (if you have no idea who this guy is, cuz you peoplez are old, yo... well, I'm jelous of you) just lost his YouTube partnership and sponsership from Disney (yeah, his a pretty bigshot. 58 million subscribers IIRC) because he made some anti semetic comments recently ("Hitler was right" and "Kill all Jews").

He says it was a joke, and I do tend to believe him but I wonder if the denier from Aaron's OP would include him in his list even though he's a total piece of trash.

... and as expected, one of the top rated comments on his explination video is "to learn who rules over you, simply find out (((who))) you are not allowed to criticize."

Nazis are so predictable.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23880
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: Famous Anti-semites throughout history?

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:22 am

NathanC wrote:The only way to look at this is to realize that Jews don't rule the world, judging by the fact that their "enemies" keep attaining positions of power...

Ah, but if they wouldn't allow that to at least some extend, their evil plan would be fully exposed and the jig would be up... :-P
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31884
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Famous Anti-semites throughout history?

Post by Gord » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:19 am

Im_Not_Creative_Enough wrote:Turns out that Swedish YouTube gaming-commentary senseation Pewdipie (if you have no idea who this guy is, cuz you peoplez are old, yo... well, I'm jelous of you) just lost his YouTube partnership and sponsership from Disney (yeah, his a pretty bigshot. 58 million subscribers IIRC) because he made some anti semetic comments recently ("Hitler was right" and "Kill all Jews").

Check out the response videos on youtube, from multiple sources. It looks like the Wall Street Journal put out a hit piece on Pewdiepie. They took his jokes out of context to make it seem like he was saying things he actually meant when what he was really doing was mocking the concepts.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8088
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am

Re: Famous Anti-semites throughout history?

Post by landrew » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:38 pm

Aaron Richards wrote:I thought conspiracies and allegations regarding anti-semitism should rather belong in the Holocaust Denial board than in the history board, given that we have more experts here who deal with this stuff than the generic history buff, but if admins disagree, please move this thread there, thanks.


So today in yet another comment chain on youtube where I linked anti-semitism and lack of intelligence with one another, I got thrown the following argument at me:

"Oh yeah? Was Henry Ford also a right-wing dumbass? Martin Luther, too? Immanuel Kant as well? Voltaire also? Fyodor Mikhaylovich Dostoevsky? Goethe? Schiller? Spruce? Schopenhauer? Ernst Moritz Arndt? Richard Wagner? Nikola Tesla? Joachim Gottfried Herder? Just look for what crushing judgments these people made about the Jew. All of them were probably right-wing conspiracy theorists...

"The Jews are a nation of deceivers," Immanuel Kant once said, and that is exactly the way it is."


I did some digging on Voltaire and found out he later recanted his earlier antisemitic writings. Many people know Ford was an antisemite and friend of Hitlers trying to make business ties. That Martin Luther was an antisemite should also be no secret. And that Hitler loved Wagner speaks for itself. But what about the rest? Are the allegations true?

As to Nikola Tesla, I assume the guy meant this quote:

"Never Trust a Jew!" -Nikola Tesla

even appears on wikiquote, but I did find this that debunks Tesla as any kind of deliberate antisemite:



http://www.apredatorymind.com/Was_Tesla ... mitic.html
Antisemitism was far more common in the recent past than most people realize. But it rarely reached the degree it was practiced by the Nazis. In fact, many people were virulently anti-Nazi and antisemitic at the same time. Henry Ford was a well-known anti-semite, but there's no evidence he was pro-Nazi, even though the Nazis admired him and showered him with accolades.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8088
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am

Re: Famous Anti-semites throughout history?

Post by landrew » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:49 pm

Gord wrote:
Im_Not_Creative_Enough wrote:Turns out that Swedish YouTube gaming-commentary senseation Pewdipie (if you have no idea who this guy is, cuz you peoplez are old, yo... well, I'm jelous of you) just lost his YouTube partnership and sponsership from Disney (yeah, his a pretty bigshot. 58 million subscribers IIRC) because he made some anti semetic comments recently ("Hitler was right" and "Kill all Jews").
Check out the response videos on youtube, from multiple sources. It looks like the Wall Street Journal put out a hit piece on Pewdiepie. They took his jokes out of context to make it seem like he was saying things he actually meant when what he was really doing was mocking the concepts.
I cringed, and I knew it wouldn't end well when I saw that he got some guys to hold up a sign that said, "death to all jews" on the website Fiver, where they promised to do anything for $5. I doubt they even knew what it meant in English.

What's so complicated about knowing when you've taken a joke too far?
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
Balsamo
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1845
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:29 pm

Re: Famous Anti-semites throughout history?

Post by Balsamo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:49 pm

NathanC:
I look at it this way: if Jews are so powerful and dominate the world, why do the people who hate them keep attaining positions of power, wealth and fame?
Well maybe because there are only about less Jews than Dutch on the Earth?

Seriously, i take the risk to be misunderstood here, but this tendency to try to kind of debunking Antisemitism by denying that the Jews have managed to become a kind of Aristocracy in this world, is incomprehensible to me.

It is kind of absurd to deny that there are many Jews among those who holds key position of power, especially when compared to their numbers among the billions of human beings.

I "unfortunately" am not Jewish, but if i were i would be proud of the achievement, and would recommend to assume the responsibility of the position acquired, and to behave responsibly from that position.
It is the "outside world" who gave the Jewish people this amazing strength, this unrivaled sense of ethnic solidarity, unrivaled capacity to adapt to every situation, and yes, to profit from it. It is the permanent uncertainty of their present that gave them the ability to project the future, and yes to profit from it.
Why are there so many Jewish scientists? Because they could not afford to look for a holy past - except some "biblical" ones, the future was the only way to look at.

They control Hollywood? Nope, they created it.
Are they present in the banking and financial system? Yes, of course, because of the sense of ethnic solidarity i have mentioned, which gave them the possibility to be the first to establish roots of "international finance", and God did they pay a price for this ability through the History, which made them even more stronger and to perform even better.
The list is quite long, actually.

What i mean is that the position achieved by the Jewish people today is not - and of course not - the result of some kind of conspiracy, but the result of their history, a history mostly imposed by the "others".

If the purpose is really to fight Antisemitism - a term i consider the greatest gift given to the Jew by Antisemites themselves - i do not think that the actual mixture of perpetual victimization and denial of the real achievements reached can convinced anyone but those already convinced. It makes no real sense.
There is this saying "What does not kill you, make you stronger" which should explain everything.

When i really meet a Anti-Semite, the first thing i asked is "Would you like to be a Jew?", and believe me in a couple of minutes his perspective changed when i enumerate all those things a Jew can count on, and conclude "Why does you people - or the people you feel you belong - acts the same way toward you?". That usually ends the discussion.

Just an example: My wife and I have a friend who is Jewish, she went through terrible business experience, and ended up loosing almost everything, including her marriage with a non-Jewish", well in a matter of months, she received a phone called from a "cousin", a very successful businessman, who proposed her to come to Southern France and work for him...And she was able to build a new life.
I mean, isn't that great?
This is the core of the Jewish strength. And it should not be denied.

The Jewish people has tried every "social attitudes" one can think off. From complete submission like in Russia to permanent expatriation, with no real conclusive effects when confronted with "dumb-assed" population.

What i mean is that Antisemitism should be fought by "positive arguments" and not "negative ones", sometimes close to a form of denial. as it is the tendency today.

Post Reply