This picture really bugs me

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Re: This picture really bugs me

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:04 am

Balmoral95 wrote:Done here.
Excellent. Now follow my example in the future and quote the person you are responding to. It saves on this sort of confusion.

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:16 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote:Done here.
Excellent. Now follow my example in the future and quote the person you are responding to. It saves on this sort of confusion.

Try reading and answering the question, fackface.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:28 am

Balmoral95 wrote: Try reading and answering the question, fackface.

Ber_Erlich_Sloshny.jpg

Oozy Substance wrote:Someone told me "these are not German uniform", other claimed "these are Polish uniform".
Is this correct?
I identified the German uniforms. Should I have commented that the victim in the photo was bald or not like you did, instead? :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:26 am

Glad you don't practice law here... you'd be looking for a job elsewhere.

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Postby Jeff_36 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:38 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote: Try reading and answering the question, fackface.

Ber_Erlich_Sloshny.jpg
Oozy Substance wrote:Someone told me "these are not German uniform", other claimed "these are Polish uniform".
Is this correct?
I identified the German uniforms. Should I have commented that the victim in the photo was bald or not like you did, instead? :lol:

Anyone who states that these are Polish uniforms has no credibility. polish officers wore a totally different style of cap than that. Their shoulder-boards, IIRC were different.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:17 am

Balmoral95 wrote:Glad you don't practice law here... you'd be looking for a job elsewhere.

What does that even mean? You're quite nutty aren't you? :lol:

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:09 pm

The CODOH crowd is upset about this picture:

https://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3309&p=85375#p85375

There is a suggestion that the photo is faked, with the implication being that the head and arm added later to give the false impression that this man died trying to dig out from a burning barn.

However, if you look closely you can see that the shirt matches the color of the dirt the man is lying in, that the arm is covered in dirt and that there is detritus in the man's hair. Also, the man is lying in a depression, the boards are splintered and conform to the corpse and that the dirt looks displaced by the man's body.

All of this was pointed out by a certain "Metal Murphy" which, for a denier, seems like not such a bad fellow.

:D

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:48 pm

It looks like a photo of the Gardegelen massacre. Blatman has a long section of his book on the death marches on the incident, if I am remembering the photo correctly. This massacre took place after the Final Solution had been halted.
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

- Rudolf Hess, letter, 1927

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:54 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:It looks like a photo of the Gardegelen massacre. Blatman has a long section of his book on the death marches on the incident, if I am remembering the photo correctly. This massacre took place after the Final Solution had been halted.

That's the background CODOH has, naturally they doubt it actually happened. If it did it wasn't as bad as reported by "court historians." There's a lot of talk the whole thing was staged.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:49 pm

Blatman covers the massacre in depth. I am guessing they have voluminous sources from which they've 1) reconstructed the events in Gardegelen and 2) laid out how, when, why, and by whom the photo was doctored. Right?

Also, there are many photos of the massacre (Google: "gardelegen massacre" in Google images and they come up). They explained the rest of the photos in this scenario, each and every one?

(sorry for the typo, it's Gardelegen)
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:52 pm

This sent me off on a wild tangent but that happens to me a lot.

Here is a video, no sound:

https://archive.org/details/ADC-4209a

You can see a different angle of the man laying on the ground.

Most of the links on the CODOH thread are dead links.

The active one includes FG's website:

https://furtherglory.wordpress.com/2010/04/25/letter-from-american-soldier-describes-gardelegen-massacre-on-april-13-1945/

Most of the pictures they link to are there. They also include a YouTube video.

And this, this is one I've seen before:

These massacres are well documented. The Germans had a knack for locking people in structures, setting it on fire and then shooting anyone who tried to escape, Jewish and non-Jewish.

I found it amusing that the CODOH crowd got their knickers in a bunch over a series of photographs.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:58 pm

Blatman's reconstruction is really worth reading. In fact, it's kind of, er, revisionist, in the real sense of the word.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:23 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:The CODOH crowd is upset about this picture:

https://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3309&p=85375#p85375

There is a suggestion that the photo is faked, with the implication being that the head and arm added later to give the false impression that this man died trying to dig out from a burning barn.

However, if you look closely you can see that the shirt matches the color of the dirt the man is lying in, that the arm is covered in dirt and that there is detritus in the man's hair. Also, the man is lying in a depression, the boards are splintered and conform to the corpse and that the dirt looks displaced by the man's body.

All of this was pointed out by a certain "Metal Murphy" which, for a denier, seems like not such a bad fellow.

:D

I thought those looked like hanging/sliding doors. Seems that's correct(?) and they are shown in this ytube (I think it's the same one you linked to) and the body in the depression under one of them at 2:02.
Hi, Io the lurker.

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:47 am

Again? Jesus wept.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:53 am

I do appreciate his sympathy, but isn't it about time that guy actually does something?
Hi, Io the lurker.

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:46 am

scrmbldggs wrote:I do appreciate his sympathy, but isn't it about time that guy actually does something?

You posted it, you eat it. And the problem here is?

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:04 am

Do I need flatware? Or a straw?
Hi, Io the lurker.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:42 am

Here's another one:

The caption on it says:
The bodies of Jewish people are piled up in a huge grave after a mass execution in the Blezec extermination camp in Belzec, Poland in 1942.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/amp/news/remembering-holocaust-gallery-1.2957412

Anyone know if that's the case? It doesn't look like it fits and I don't think I've ever seen that picture connected to Belzec.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:55 am

Gettyimages:

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/mass-execution-in-the-concentration-camp-belzec-poland-news-photo/53313247?#holocaust-mass-execution-in-the-concentration-camp-belzec-poland-picture-id53313247

It identifies it from January 1st, 1942, that predates the death camp. Probably Red Army soldiers.

If someone has something that contradicts that let me know.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:58 am

I've seen it in two places:

H.E.A.R.T.

Yolocaust project

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:04 am

HEART says Soviet POWs, I agree with that, it goes with what I posted above.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:44 pm

The CODOH crowd loves SNOPES for finding a forged picture!!!!!
https://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11427

I’ve never seen the miniseries they are discussing but anyone can see it’s a screen capture. Also, if genuine the photographer would need to be hip deep in bodies to pull off that shot.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:10 pm

"Also, if genuine the photographer would need to be hip deep in bodies to pull off that shot." //// How's that? Shot has "an angle" on it...........looks like what would be taken if standing on the edge of a pit.....or slightly uphill on the pit as is the guard shown?

Or.......taken at ground level kneeling down with a "short" lens that gives a straight on head shot, close focus, and a downward looking foreground.

aka.........you can do almost anything with the right lens.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:51 pm

Good to see that they are still bitching about the Wiesenthal Center- "smoke" photo . . .

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:19 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Good to see that they are still bitching about the Wiesenthal Center- "smoke" photo . . .

They so easily run out of stuff to talk about. :lol:

Return to “Holocaust Denial”