Soaps, lampshades and shrunken heads

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
Oozy_Substance
Poster

Soaps, lampshades and shrunken heads

Postby Oozy_Substance » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:14 am

From my personal experience, deniers like to talk much about soaps, lampshades and shrunken heads when discussing the Holocaust. They speak as if these topics is what the Holocaust revolves around, yet we know these topics are significantly minor among all the details of the Holocaust's history - personally I never even heard of shrunken heads before I came across Holocaust-Denial online.

I know that Yad Vashem declared the "human soap" a myth, and if I'm not wrong, the accusations against Ilse Koch of holding human lampshades are also false. Yet I do remember Nizkor writing something about that such lampshades did exist, and they provide a forensic report.

http://www.nizkor.org/features/denial-o ... ch-01.html

It's exceedingly well-documented that such ornaments did exist; there's no question but that someone made them out of human skin. When one can see a book whose cover is tanned skin with a decorative tattoo on it, there's little question that the skin was that of a human being. If one has any doubt as to the origin of the substance, one should examine the forensic report conducted on some of the skin. It concludes, based on microscopic examination and the placement of the nipples and navel, that the skin was certainly human.

As for the soap, Nizkor also mentions some minor experimental amount of human soap was produced.

http://www.nizkor.org/features/qar/qar01.html

"No human soap"? This is true, but misleading. Though there is some evidence that soap was made from corpses on a very limited experimental scale, the rumored "mass production" was never done, and no soap made from human corpses is known to exist. However, there is sworn testimony, never refuted, from British POWs and a German army official, stating that soap experiments were performed, and the recipe for the soap was captured by the Allies. To state flatly that the Nazis did not make soap from human beings is incorrect.

As for shrunken heads, my knowledge about it is pretty minimal, I only know these pictures.
Buchenwald-Lampshade-ShrunkenHeads.jpg

Nazi-Shrunken-Heads.jpg

Anyway, can we have a full cover of these three topics? What is true? What is false? What are the full details of each of which?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Im_Not_Creative_Enough
Poster

Re: Soaps, lampshades and shrunken heads

Postby Im_Not_Creative_Enough » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:57 am

The Nizkor quote does not counter the mainstream conception, which always was "there was no MASS PRODUCTION Jewsoap", like deniers claim that we claim. It was always either "it didn't happen at all" or "even if it did happened it was on a inchy punchy smallassous tiny scale". Bauer, Guttman even Lipstadt IIRC all said that.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:28 pm

Nizkor, just as everyone to my understanding accepts human soap being made at the Danzig institute, Stutthof, and Jasenovac. Modern DNA tests established that some soap was made from human fat.

http://auschwitz.org/en/museum/news/human-fat-was-used-to-produce-soap-in-gdansk-during-the-war,55.html

General Luis D. Clay stated the Human Skin Lamp to actually be made of goat skin, though to my knowledge some posters of the old alt.revisionist group would dissagree with this.

http://www.nizkor.org/features/techniques-of-denial/clay-koch-03.html

I don't have the story behind the shrunken heads though. It's a minor detail though and does not debunk the holocaust nore does it disprove gassings.

Other then that the allies found some organs and preserver on site and it's possible this was part of Koch's work. She's mostly known for making art on human skin. These are the two things which we're truth or possibly true.
« Lies written in ink cannot disguise facts written in blood. »
- Lu Xun

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:37 pm

A guy named Mark Jacobson did a scurrilous, journalistic book on lampshades, in collaboration with National Geographic. Back in Rodoh666, Roberto Muehlenkamp wrote, "If the question is whether I accept as a fact that human skin lampshades existed at Buchenwald concentration camp, the answer is no." He added, "I've never understood why it's supposed to be of any importance to the historical record of the Holocaust whether or not there were lampshades made of human skin at Buchenwald, by the way. It's not even a tangential issue, IMHO." On the other hand, in this thread, however, Black Rabbit of Inlé, an erstwhile denier, has an interesting post on this subject.

The shrunken heads were said to be of Polish political prisoners, at Buchenwald (from US Army Report presented at the IMT: "two young Poles who had been hanged for having relations with German girls"), unrelated to the extermination of the Jews. We had a brief discussion of these heads - a former (now banned) member asked if anyone denied they were used as evidence for the Holocaust - in this thread 5 years ago. Non-deniers viewed the shrunken head displayed on the table as evidence, in Nessie's immortal words, that shrunken heads were found at Buchenwald.

Joachim Neander (again) has made it a many years' project to understand the soap legend:

"IPN and Spanner's soap: a critical perspective"

"The Danzig Soap Case: Facts and Legends around "Professor Spanner" and the Danzig Anatomic Institute 1944-1945"
Last edited by Statistical Mechanic on Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nazism conspired to create a sense of festival time. . . . Tragically for humanity, the party generating it was the type not associated with the coloured costumes of the Brazilian Carnival, but with the brown-shirted thuggery of the NSDAP. The contrast between the dance and the march, between the samba and the strains of the Horst Wessel Lied, points to the gulf separating a life-asserting community from a community which exists only by creating a demonized other. - RG '97

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:38 pm

Oozy_Substance wrote:From my personal experience, deniers like to talk much about soaps, lampshades and shrunken heads when discussing the Holocaust. They speak as if these topics is what the Holocaust revolves around, yet we know these topics are significantly minor among all the details of the Holocaust's history - personally I never even heard of shrunken heads before I came across Holocaust-Denial online.

I know that Yad Vashem declared the "human soap" a myth, and if I'm not wrong, the accusations against Ilse Koch of holding human lampshades are also false. Yet I do remember Nizkor writing something about that such lampshades did exist, and they provide a forensic report.

http://www.nizkor.org/features/denial-o ... ch-01.html

It's exceedingly well-documented that such ornaments did exist; there's no question but that someone made them out of human skin. When one can see a book whose cover is tanned skin with a decorative tattoo on it, there's little question that the skin was that of a human being. If one has any doubt as to the origin of the substance, one should examine the forensic report conducted on some of the skin. It concludes, based on microscopic examination and the placement of the nipples and navel, that the skin was certainly human.

As for the soap, Nizkor also mentions some minor experimental amount of human soap was produced.

http://www.nizkor.org/features/qar/qar01.html

"No human soap"? This is true, but misleading. Though there is some evidence that soap was made from corpses on a very limited experimental scale, the rumored "mass production" was never done, and no soap made from human corpses is known to exist. However, there is sworn testimony, never refuted, from British POWs and a German army official, stating that soap experiments were performed, and the recipe for the soap was captured by the Allies. To state flatly that the Nazis did not make soap from human beings is incorrect.

As for shrunken heads, my knowledge about it is pretty minimal, I only know these pictures.
Buchenwald-Lampshade-ShrunkenHeads.jpg
Nazi-Shrunken-Heads.jpg

Anyway, can we have a full cover of these three topics? What is true? What is false? What are the full details of each of which?

Thanks

I always say that shrunken heads and skin lampshades, even if true, are only evidence of sadism, not genocide. Soap production was done on a small scale, experimental basis that rumor blew out of proportion.

Oozy_Substance
Poster

Postby Oozy_Substance » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:30 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:A guy named Mark Jacobson did a scurrilous, journalistic book on lampshades, in collaboration with National Geographic. Back in Rodoh666, Roberto Muehlenkamp wrote, "If the question is whether I accept as a fact that human skin lampshades existed at Buchenwald concentration camp, the answer is no." He added, "I've never understood why it's supposed to be of any importance to the historical record of the Holocaust whether or not there were lampshades made of human skin at Buchenwald, by the way. It's not even a tangential issue, IMHO." On the other hand, in this thread, however, Black Rabbit of Inlé, an erstwhile denier, has an interesting post on this subject.

The shrunken heads were said to be of Polish political prisoners, at Buchenwald (from US Army Report presented at the IMT: "two young Poles who had been hanged for having relations with German girls"), unrelated to the extermination of the Jews. We had a brief discussion of these heads - a former (now banned) member asked if anyone denied they were used as evidence for the Holocaust - in this thread 5 years ago. Non-deniers viewed the shrunken head displayed on the table as evidence, in Nessie's immortal words, that shrunken heads were found at Buchenwald.

Joachim Neander (again) has made it a many years' project to understand the soap legend:

"IPN and Spanner's soap: a critical perspective"

"The Danzig Soap Case: Facts and Legends around "Professor Spanner" and the Danzig Anatomic Institute 1944-1945"

Allow me to go off-topic for a second, can you tell me about the black rabbit? What made him to change his mind? Also, isn't he the guy from here ?

http://holocaustcontroversies.blogspot. ... amous.html

Also, in the link to the thread from 5 years ago you posted, I see a user named Lemmy Caution. A user with such name also posts in the Holocaust Denial thread in International Skeptics Forum, he's really good. Is he still posting here?

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:45 pm

LOL thanks for the unintended compliment, I'm Lemmy Caution.

BROI - yes, that guy. Here is a link to where he explained his change of mind on some key issues. There were, around the same time, some other threads in which BROI explained further and went into other issues. He posted here for a bit but drifted off . . .

Full disclosure: BROI and I have bad blood, although we've made some sort of accommodation I'd say, based on lots of history that goes back to RODOH and which I won't share except for . . .

. . . one issue that involves a video BROI made defending Hunt's Majdanek stuff*, which video BROI now agrees is not correct in its framing and details but which he keeps posted on YouTube. The issues raised by the video are dealt with in nauseating detail in the Majdanek thread - but most directly these posts: reply to BROI's movie, update on the five questions asked David (and BROI), on the entry route to the bathhouses and selections at Majdanek, on the showering/disinfection process in the bathhouses, and additional testimonies on arrival and selections. IIRC BROI's differences with me on Majdanek now boil down to selections on arrival, as he accepts that gassings took place and rejects Hunt's "northern entry" claim - but his extremely misleading video remains online. That said, the final 100s of posts in the Majdanek thread, after BROI joined in, were civil and helped clarify a number of issues.

(BROI made a single correction to the video, fixing the gaffe with the canopy - you can see this in the version posted - but the framing, defense of Hunt, and other problems remain.)

------------
* I hate giving this play but not many people have watched it, so here is BROI's YouTube thing on Majdanek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaoCQz90FcU
Last edited by Statistical Mechanic on Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nazism conspired to create a sense of festival time. . . . Tragically for humanity, the party generating it was the type not associated with the coloured costumes of the Brazilian Carnival, but with the brown-shirted thuggery of the NSDAP. The contrast between the dance and the march, between the samba and the strains of the Horst Wessel Lied, points to the gulf separating a life-asserting community from a community which exists only by creating a demonized other. - RG '97

Oozy_Substance
Poster

Postby Oozy_Substance » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Wow, very nice.
You make deniers' lives not easy :lol:

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:04 pm

Ian Hazard thinks I'm a cowardly hypocrite! LOL

(thanks, Oozy)

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:08 pm

Ian's a {!#%@} idiot... His fixated return to complain about a man who had been dead for months Tattoo is evidence of this.
- Lu Xun

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:13 pm

No kidding. Ian is more than welcome to join in on a topic or start one of interest . . . :)

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:14 pm

Denying-History wrote:Ian's a {!#%@} idiot... His fixated return to complain about a man who had been dead for months Tattoo is evidence of this.

He also wanted to whine about me calling him a troll.

Oozy_Substance
Poster

Postby Oozy_Substance » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:18 pm

Who's Ian Hazard?

Denying-History wrote:Ian's a {!#%@} idiot... His fixated return to complain about a man who had been dead for months Tattoo is evidence of this.

Is that about Elie Wiesel tattoo? I saw the website that claims that he actually has no tattoo on his arm. Is there any insights about this subject?

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:20 pm

Oozy_Substance wrote:Who's Ian Hazard?

Is that about Elie Wiesel tattoo? I saw the website that claims that he actually has no tattoo on his arm. Is there any insights about this subject?

Ian is an alt right troll that pops up now and again, calls everyone a Jew, posts stupid things showing his love for the Trump, accuses everyone of picking on him and then vanishes into thin air.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:22 pm

There's an active thread on Wiesel's tattoo. It should be near the top on the main page.

Oozy_Substance
Poster

Postby Oozy_Substance » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:23 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:There's an active thread on Wiesel's tattoo. It should be near the top on the main page.

Oh. Saw it now. Thanks.

Im_Not_Creative_Enough
Poster

Postby Im_Not_Creative_Enough » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:24 pm

Eden and Thorgen's retarted cousin.

#Jokes_that_you_yanks_wont_understand
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:26 pm

just read my latest post in the thread on Elie. You will see why the claim is BS:
- Lu Xun

Oozy_Substance
Poster

Postby Oozy_Substance » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:37 pm

Denying-History wrote:

just read my latest post in the thread on Elie. You will see why the claim is BS:

I see.
Deniers truly have no shame.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:58 pm

The soap thing always reminds me of what Toivi Blatt said when the Germans captured him and sent him to Sobibor. The Pole that turned him told him that the next time he saw him would be in a soap store, meaning that rumor was very widespread.

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:03 pm

Oozy_Substance wrote:
Denying-History wrote:

I see.
Deniers truly have no shame.
No they don't, and they make up {!#%@} as well. Ian started of sort of honest by saying I implied it. I wasn't trying to but I see where he was coming from. He then does a 180 degree turn and then says I directly claimed to know the camera model and was omitting it from as though it was some huge secret. I do have a clearer image of the one that I provide from Miklos's documentary. It's pretty much the same story though, it's a shitty camera recording skin with a high concentration of sunlight on it. You wouldn't be expected to see it considering how faded his tatto is.
- Lu Xun

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Postby Jeff_36 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:08 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Ian Hazard thinks I'm a cowardly hypocrite! LOL

(thanks, Oozy)

If it means anything, I think Ian is a pathetic troll who has blinders on vis a vis the Nazi Chip Crew at RODOH.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:19 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:The soap thing always reminds me of what Toivi Blatt said when the Germans captured him and sent him to Sobibor. The Pole that turned him told him that the next time he saw him would be in a soap store, meaning that rumor was very widespread.

I really do recommend Joachim's articles on this.

If you read in sources, you will find indeed that "Jewish soap" was an antisemitic taunt during the war.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:21 pm

Jeff_36 wrote:

(thanks, Oozy)

If it means anything, I think Ian is a pathetic troll who has blinders on vis a vis the Nazi Chip Crew at RODOH.

I don't take anything Ian says seriously. He makes me laugh when he posts here - he gets so worked up over basically nothing.

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Postby Jeff_36 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:23 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:

(thanks, Oozy)

I don't take anything Ian says seriously. He makes me laugh when he posts here - he gets so worked up over basically nothing.

His style is a lot like Traynor. Less homicidal and not quite as much accidental self parody, but still the same overstuffed White Supremacist BS mixed in with pompous posturing.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:25 pm

GMTA I have had the same thought: pompous and empty.

Im_Not_Creative_Enough
Poster

Postby Im_Not_Creative_Enough » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:26 pm

Speaking about Jewsoap, I always find it funny how alt-right memelords think they're so edgy and intentionally trolly to Jews with their soap Jokes, when we here in Israel make Jokes about it all the time, probably more than they do.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:30 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:The soap thing always reminds me of what Toivi Blatt said when the Germans captured him and sent him to Sobibor. The Pole that turned him told him that the next time he saw him would be in a soap store, meaning that rumor was very widespread.

I really do recommend Joachim's articles on this.

If you read in sources, you will find indeed that "Jewish soap" was an antisemitic taunt during the war.

I've read them but it's been a bit. I looked into the whole "soap issue" to see what evidence existed for or against it a couple of years ago. I wonder how much deniers themselves actually look into it or if they just continue to parrot the IMT/soap thing because it's a convenient talking point.

I always liked Mr. Blatt (though of course I never met him). He always seemed like such a likeable man in the interviews I saw.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:32 pm

Im_Not_Creative_Enough wrote:Speaking about Jewsoap, I always find it funny how alt-right memelords think they're so edgy and intentionally trolly to Jews with their soap Jokes, when we here in Israel make Jokes about it all the time, probably more than they do.

That's funny. Like I said, I doubt any of them have ever actually looked into it to see the evidence for or against it.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:55 pm

And then there was this, and I think some survivor(s?) once said they were told by guards that the false description in fact, was fact...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soap_made ... an_corpses wrote:The "human soap" rumours may have originated from the bars of soap being marked with the initials RIF, which was interpreted by some as Reichs-Juden-Fett ("State Jewish Fat"); in German Blackletter font the difference between I and J is only in length. RIF in fact stood for Reichsstelle für industrielle Fettversorgung ("National Center for Industrial Fat Provisioning", the German government agency responsible for wartime production and distribution of soap and washing products).
Hi, Io the lurker.

Balsamo
Frequent Poster

Postby Balsamo » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:57 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:

And then there was this, and I think some survivor(s?) once said they were told by guards that the false description in fact, was fact...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soap_made ... an_corpses wrote:The "human soap" rumours may have originated from the bars of soap being marked with the initials RIF, which was interpreted by some as Reichs-Juden-Fett ("State Jewish Fat"); in German Blackletter font the difference between I and J is only in length. RIF in fact stood for Reichsstelle für industrielle Fettversorgung ("National Center for Industrial Fat Provisioning", the German government agency responsible for wartime production and distribution of soap and washing products).

Hum... If you copy past this from wiki, one should correct it.
RIF used to interpreted as REIN Juden Fett, which means Pure Jewish Fat... ReichS is not common on itself... So it would have been Reichsjuden Fett, or RF. Wonder who were those "Some" who came with that? ;)

Hans
Poster

Postby Hans » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:32 am

The production of souvenirs from human corpses such as shrunken heads is supported by the following letter from the SS garrison doctor to the head of the pathology in concentration camp Buchenwald of 7 May 1942, which says that the production of such items has to cease immediately (which would not be necessary to order if they were not made in the first place):

Schnabel,MachtohneMoral,p361.jpg

(Schnabel, Macht ohne Moral, p. 361)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oozy_Substance
Poster

Postby Oozy_Substance » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:52 am

Thanks, Hans.
Is there an available translation for this letter?

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:54 pm

discussion of this order at AHF

btw in his recent book KL, an authority on the concentration camps, Nicholas Wachsmann, uses the shrunken heads and tattooed skin produced by Camp SS at Buchenwald as an example of abusive behavior within the camp system

Oozy_Substance
Poster

Postby Oozy_Substance » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:36 pm

So I looked at some video about Treblinka in Denying-History's Youtube channel. A lot of deniers comment there. I saw this comment by a denier :

HC is a hate blog site. Everyone on both sides acknowledge that fact. Interested readers can delve further should they chose to do so. A quick Google on Hate bloggers should be sufficient.
These guys are mental cases especially Muehlenkamp and that teeny weenie Mathis who is proud to be a Pharisee. Nick Terry is known as the Fat Pig of Exeter.
Nobody from either side of the aisle wants anything to do with them. However, if you chose to trust them - be my guest.
I'm sorry but "marked on the map" is like 'X marks the spot of the treasure' and in this day and age carries no weight in forensic matters.
The fact is Colls knows her reputation is on the line. She fears peer review and will do nothing but
bloviate.
Anyone who believes a skeleton crew can gas, cremate, dig up, re burn and rebury the population of San Francisco in one year on a five acre plot while not leaving any evidence is bat {!#%@} crazy. But, suit yourself.
In the meantime we are demonstrating what a complete fraud the holocaust really is and 'youse guys' are on the ropes.
You have lost the battle at Treblinka, Auschwitz and Dachau. Shower heads, shrunken heads and soap have been lost for decades.
People are realizing they have been lied to and are pissed. The whole world is pissed at the Zio-Nazis and their barbarism.
Like I've said before even Henry Kissinger states that any people persecuted for 2,000 years must be doing something wrong. Happy New Year.

This comment gave me an inspiration to open a thread about Treblinka. I may open one tonight.
Regardless, I wish to focus on this section of the comment :

You have lost the battle at Treblinka, Auschwitz and Dachau. Shower heads, shrunken heads and soap have been lost for decades.

This is pretty annoying, isn't it?
Using these "problematic" topics such as shrunken heads and soaps, which were either insignificant or incorrect in the historical context and correspondly were not recognized by historians, to disprove the "serious" topics such as the death camps.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:52 am

Very useful HC blog entry from Sergey Romanov, were any deniers still about, and, in the absence of deniers, very interesting piece on "Nazi shrunken heads, human skin lampshades, human soap, textiles from human hair? Sorting out the truth from the legends." I strongly recommend this piece, it brings together the various pieces of evidence and explains what Sergey concludes in each case and why.

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:43 am

Smith, Bedwetter, Fish care to reply? Thought not, so Berg? MMM, no...

Return to “Holocaust Denial”