It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Where no two people are likely to agree.
JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby JO 753 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:11 pm

Also, yes about the rain.

Trump renegged on America'z behaf about the Paris Climate Accord, so its possible that at sum future date wen sumwunz house gets washed away in a flood, Trump will dezerv sum uv the blame.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon May 14, 2018 10:14 pm

JO 753 wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Please connect the dots that makes Trump responsible for Israel shooting rioting Palestinians....

Not sure if Upton iz going to ansr you, so - obviously, if there wuz no foolish embassy move, there woudnt be a protest. Furthermore, maybe Nitwitnyahoo mite not be so ready to go ballistic if hiz buddy Trump wuznt Prezident.

Human affairs is not so direct. My "impression"......and I don't follow the issue all that closely, is that turmoil at the boundary lines is "constant" with flare ups on a regular basis? This is also the anniversary of the "horrible thing that happened when Israel stole out land 70 years ago..." (sic==the grievance or whatever it is called), so I think there would have been some activity anyway. Heard it said during this current violence that a number of tunnels from Gaza into Israel were found and blown up? Doesn't matter one way or the other.

Its about low level warfare of the Palestinians wanting their land back AND the destruction of Israel. The "existential" question before Israel is how much violence to accept as "peace" vs a bloodbath to establish their rule over the area. Its tough....but what should any people DO........ACTUALLY DO........ when faced with an implacable enemy?

Uptons link calls for peace, then sets forth the conditions/goals that are the very cause of the unrest and the existential drama that is going on. aka: every choice brings misery to someone. How many and how much are the real variables.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon May 14, 2018 10:17 pm

JO 753 wrote:Also, yes about the rain.

Trump renegged on America'z behaf about the Paris Climate Accord, so its possible that at sum future date wen sumwunz house gets washed away in a flood, Trump will dezerv sum uv the blame.

Hopefully, then, he will only have water on his hands.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:15 pm

JO 753 wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Please connect the dots that makes Trump responsible for Israel shooting rioting Palestinians....

Not sure if Upton iz going to ansr you, so - obviously, if there wuz no foolish embassy move, there woudnt be a protest. Furthermore, maybe Nitwitnyahoo mite not be so ready to go ballistic if hiz buddy Trump wuznt Prezident.

That was me, Jo. You’re right, I wasn’t going to answer him.
‘I have not left anybody in the dark about the fact that this time, millions of adult men would not die, and hundreds of thousands of women and children would not be burnt or bombed to death in the cities, without the actual culprit, albeit by more humane means, having to pay for his guilt.’
Adolf Hitler
Final Will and Testament

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon May 14, 2018 11:45 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
JO 753 wrote:

That was me, Jo. You’re right, I wasn’t going to answer him.

That was posted to both of you.

A lesson to be learned about the Palestinian/Israel "peace process." How realistic is it that enemies as deeply rooted as Palestine and Israel should be told to talk it out aka "make peace" when people with NO vested interest to lie and cheat about can't even discuss any of the issues on a third party forum?

Just look: people are tribal.....to their own injury because it makes them feel virtuous.

.......................Silly Hoomans.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue May 15, 2018 12:14 am

Just saw Chris Matthew pimp his news. Still no apology from the official who made the horrible remarks about McCain.

Weeellllll Now........if the "Rule of Equal Dignity" was followed.....The Official has given sincere deeply remorseful apologies.

IN PRIVATE, THE SAME WAY THE JOKE WAS TOLD IN THE FIRST PLACE. The news should inform, not be mostly distraction.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue May 15, 2018 1:56 am

As was pointed out elsewhere - she can't publicly apologize before her boss would for his juvenile cruelty towards the same person. Unless she wants to escape that zoo.

Lard, save me from your followers.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue May 15, 2018 2:34 am

msnbc has stated several times that the official has apologized "privately" to the McCain family and they opine that it is Trump himself commanding her not to apologize publicly and telling her boss not to fire her for not commenting publicly. As you say: its to stop the story from going from the lowly official to President Bone Spur who has created the environment where such comments would gain currency.

Just word smithing: if juvenile cruelty references the comment Trump made about he didn't like heros who get caught....I don't see that as cruelty. Juvenile, tasteless, hypocritical, asinine==> yes. but to be cruel, the action/statement has to have an element of truth to it.

Note: I haven't checked the dictionary, thats my take whatever it says.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue May 15, 2018 3:36 am

No matter what, his/their extreme loyalty vetting seems to pay off. :no:

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue May 15, 2018 3:40 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:Former Trump campaign dude, Carter Page, parsing and weaseling and revising and obfuscating and caviling on campaign contacts with Russkies

Hayes brought up reports from September that Page met with Igor Sechin, a longtime Putin associate and now CEO of Rosneft...

AFAIK, parts of Rosneft are being sold, including to an anonymous buyer...

Seems some of Cohen's...um....work involved...um....guiding the Qatari who bought^ (and facilitated money to Kushner?) - I figured Dumpy would know a thing or two about all that. :heh:

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Tue May 15, 2018 8:05 am

Just 50 more pages in this thread until we meet Trump... :lol:

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: Unlimited_Oracular_Guidance

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Tue May 15, 2018 10:44 am

So the chickens are already coming home to roost. Somebody (nobody's saying exactly who) lobbed some missiles at Saudi Arabia.

And by the way, aren't foreign treaties the SUPREME law of this land, taking precedence even over the US Constitution? I always heard that they were. So, what legal grounds does Trump have for abrogating a treaty unilaterally? Whatever was left of the "full faith and credit" of the United States has now been revealed as a lie.

And Kushner blames those Palestinian protestors in Gaza for the turmoil. "They're part of the problem," he says. Well, yes, protestors have always been, and will always be (I hope) a problem for Trump. He and his family really can't stand the sight of them.
"Musica est exercitium arithmeticae occultum nescientis se numerare animi." (Music is a mysterious exercise of the numerical art by a mind that does not realize it is counting.)

Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz (1646--1716), in a letter of April 17, 1712 to Christian Goldbach (1690--1764)

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue May 15, 2018 1:37 pm

Which treaty? What provision in what treaty said we would not build an embassy in Jerusalem? Full faith and credit goes to financial obligations....not treaties...not even the made up terms.

Palestinian protestors are "in the main" the problem vis a vis the turmoil and the problem is between P & I==>not Trump.

You are falling apart. Where is the well grounded and informed Upton from a few months ago?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Tue May 15, 2018 3:22 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Ayatollah humor?

Hey, guess what?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ayato ... fire-fury/

On 11 May 2018, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the Supreme leader of Iran, posted a picture of himself reading a Persian translation of Michael Wolff’s Fire and Fury — a famously damaging account of the first year of the Trump presidency....

...Foreign leaders reading copies of the book have, in the past, been fabricated. This photograph, however, is apparently authentic. The pictures, according to both the Ayatollah’s web site and the Tehran Times, come from the leader’s visit to the 31st International Book Fair of Tehran on 11 May 2018....

:lol:
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Tue May 15, 2018 7:48 pm

TJrandom wrote:Just 50 more pages in this thread until we meet Trump... :lol:

On Park Avenue? :lol: :lol:

He'll have sold the building to a Russian oligarch for one dollar before we get to that point.
"Musica est exercitium arithmeticae occultum nescientis se numerare animi." (Music is a mysterious exercise of the numerical art by a mind that does not realize it is counting.)

Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz (1646--1716), in a letter of April 17, 1712 to Christian Goldbach (1690--1764)

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Tue May 15, 2018 7:52 pm

Hmm, a snag, of sorts! North Korea now threatens to torpedo the summit before it even gets started. It seems that its conciliatory gestures toward Trump (releasing captive Americans) did NOT provoke an answering gesture from the US, which just did some major training for an invasion of NK jointly with the South Koreans. They have canceled a meeting with SK in the DMZ to plan the summit and have warned Trump that this sort of thing isn't permissible. Would he dare to (shudder!) apologize? He doesn't know how to do that. Maybe the grown-ups around him (whoever they may be) can smooth things over with the usual assurance that what Trump says and does is not American policy.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:34 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:Hmm, a snag, of sorts! North Korea now threatens to torpedo the summit before it even gets started. It seems that its conciliatory gestures toward Trump (releasing captive Americans) did NOT provoke an answering gesture from the US, which just did some major training for an invasion of NK jointly with the South Koreans. They have canceled a meeting with SK in the DMZ to plan the summit and have warned Trump that this sort of thing isn't permissible. Would he dare to (shudder!) apologize? He doesn't know how to do that. Maybe the grown-ups around him (whoever they may be) can smooth things over with the usual assurance that what Trump says and does is not American policy.

What grown-ups???? Only ass kissers are left (that is if there ever was any “adults” in that zoo).

I saw this earlier on ABCNews. I’m not really all that surprised that NK is getting difficult at the 11th hour.
‘I have not left anybody in the dark about the fact that this time, millions of adult men would not die, and hundreds of thousands of women and children would not be burnt or bombed to death in the cities, without the actual culprit, albeit by more humane means, having to pay for his guilt.’
Adolf Hitler
Final Will and Testament

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue May 15, 2018 9:14 pm

I wonder how "We have released all the NK's we have ever taken, why don't you do the same?"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_f ... orth_Korea

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue May 15, 2018 9:15 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Upton_O_Goode wrote:Hmm, a snag, of sorts! North Korea now threatens to torpedo the summit before it even gets started. It seems that its conciliatory gestures toward Trump (releasing captive Americans) did NOT provoke an answering gesture from the US, which just did some major training for an invasion of NK jointly with the South Koreans. They have canceled a meeting with SK in the DMZ to plan the summit and have warned Trump that this sort of thing isn't permissible. Would he dare to (shudder!) apologize? He doesn't know how to do that. Maybe the grown-ups around him (whoever they may be) can smooth things over with the usual assurance that what Trump says and does is not American policy.

What grown-ups???? Only ass kissers are left (that is if there ever was any “adults” in that zoo).

I saw this earlier on ABCNews. I’m not really all that surprised that NK is getting difficult at the 11th hour.

Maybe they realized they don't have this kind of money lying around.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:23 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Maybe they realized they don't have this kind of money lying around.

I guess blatant corruption #MAGA.
Adolf Hitler
Final Will and Testament

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:48 pm

I guess it’s always good as a reminder:

https://www.salon.com/2018/05/15/trumps-evangelical-base-sees-doomsday-prophecy-in-gaza-violence-and-theyre-thrilled/

Evangelicals want a man to bring about the end of the world so they can ascend to heaven and sit at the right hand of their Father.

I’m glad I wasn’t raised like that.
Adolf Hitler
Final Will and Testament

BRoI
Poster

Postby BRoI » Tue May 15, 2018 10:43 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:Evangelicals want a man to bring about the end of the world so they can ascend to heaven and sit at the right hand of their Father.

Salon mustn't have considered the the ISIS family bombings of three Christian church services newsworthy.

Six people from the one family, including an eight-year-old girl, blew themselves up in coordinated suicide attacks, which left 14 dead and dozens more injured.

Their father, 46-year-old Dita Oepriarto, dropped his wife, 42-year-old Puji Kuswati, and two girls aged 12 and 8 to one church, before driving a car packed with explosives to another, and blowing it up.

At another church across town, the couple's two sons, aged 17 and 15, rode an explosive-laden motor scooter into a crowd and set it off.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-14/indonesia-church-attacks-joko-widodo-orders-investigation/9757512
"I believe that when the history of the [Great] war comes to be impartially written, the two greatest results will be the establishment of the national Jewish home and the creation of the League of Nations. The two are not really disconnected. They represent the two great ideas for which we fought and by which we conquered—the ideas of nationalism and internationalism."
- Robert Cecil, 1st Viscount Cecil of Chelwood, March 1923.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:51 pm

BRoI wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:Evangelicals want a man to bring about the end of the world so they can ascend to heaven and sit at the right hand of their Father.

Salon mustn't have considered the the ISIS family bombings of three Christian church services newsworthy.

Six people from the one family, including an eight-year-old girl, blew themselves up in coordinated suicide attacks, which left 14 dead and dozens more injured.

Their father, 46-year-old Dita Oepriarto, dropped his wife, 42-year-old Puji Kuswati, and two girls aged 12 and 8 to one church, before driving a car packed with explosives to another, and blowing it up.

At another church across town, the couple's two sons, aged 17 and 15, rode an explosive-laden motor scooter into a crowd and set it off.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-14/indonesia-church-attacks-joko-widodo-orders-investigation/9757512

WTF does that have to do with what I posted, Rabbit?
Adolf Hitler
Final Will and Testament

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed May 16, 2018 3:01 am

Teflon - everyone should have some. It hasn't harmed me.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:42 am

Donald doesn’t know what the constitutional definition of treason is:

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/14/media/president-trump-leakers-tweet/index.html
Adolf Hitler
Final Will and Testament

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:50 am

This is a shift:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/15/politics/democrats-views-on-israel-shifting/index.html

I struggle with this issue. I have no objections to Israel or it’s existence. But I also advocate a two-state solution. I opposed the move of the embassy to Jerusalem, I knew what that would mean in spreading unrest in the region.

I also understand that the Palestinians have inflicted damage upon themselves. That in no way justifies the deaths of those Palestinians in Gaza. I also look with trepidation with the drift to the right in Israeli politics.
Adolf Hitler
Final Will and Testament

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:55 am

I agree, don’t make Thud the issue. Deal with the stuff that matters most to people.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/15/politics/democrats-debate-trump-cap-ideas-conference/index.html
Adolf Hitler
Final Will and Testament

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:01 am

Adolf Hitler
Final Will and Testament

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:00 am

scrmbldggs wrote:Teflon - everyone should have some. It hasn't harmed me.

xaNGZ LoK XEUS IZ Wo GoUD GAV US MUsEN GUNZ.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed May 16, 2018 6:30 am

Machine guns? Pffffttttt :-P

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed May 16, 2018 6:41 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
BRoI wrote:

WTF does that have to do with what I posted, Rabbit?

Seems to me BRoI is providing evidence that an "end times confrontation" is building in the P vs I dispute? For me, this and many other "Palestinian" actions demonstrate the EXISTENTIAL THREAT that Israel has been facing since its founding in 1948.

Answer this: should Israel care so much for the Palestinians that they cut their own throats and let the land return to who occupied it 70 years ago? Is that the dilemma you "don't know what to think" about?

Too many fuzzy thinkers can't get past pictures of dozens of little kiddies dying needlessly. Meanwhile, the fate of millions hang in the balance.

EDIT: what amazes me is not how fuzzy headed and hypocritical people around the world can get about this "simple" issue, but rather how many Israeli's themselves think the two state solution is anything viable.

.......................................... Silly Hoomans. (Because of Edit: X 2)
Last edited by bobbo_the_Pragmatist on Wed May 16, 2018 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Wed May 16, 2018 6:59 am

Gord wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:Ayatollah humor?

Hey, guess what?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ayato ... fire-fury/

On 11 May 2018, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the Supreme leader of Iran, posted a picture of himself reading a Persian translation of Michael Wolff’s Fire and Fury — a famously damaging account of the first year of the Trump presidency....

...Foreign leaders reading copies of the book have, in the past, been fabricated. This photograph, however, is apparently authentic. The pictures, according to both the Ayatollah’s web site and the Tehran Times, come from the leader’s visit to the 31st International Book Fair of Tehran on 11 May 2018....

:lol:

You should see the follow-up photos - with that right hand doing a Michael Jackson style crotch grab.

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Wed May 16, 2018 10:23 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:

Maybe they realized they don't have this kind of money lying around.

And it's just a COINCIDENCE that Trump suddenly and unexpectedly decided to save ZTE, which he wanted to sanction earlier. Nothing to see here, folks, move on....

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Wed May 16, 2018 10:26 am

scrmbldggs wrote:Teflon - everyone should have some. It hasn't harmed me.

Well, we have to avoid a "public relations nightmare," no matter what the consequences are to public health. We can all understand that.

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Wed May 16, 2018 10:34 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:This is a shift:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/15/politics/democrats-views-on-israel-shifting/index.html

I struggle with this issue. I have no objections to Israel or it’s existence. But I also advocate a two-state solution. I opposed the move of the embassy to Jerusalem, I knew what that would mean in spreading unrest in the region.

I also understand that the Palestinians have inflicted damage upon themselves. That in no way justifies the deaths of those Palestinians in Gaza. I also look with trepidation with the drift to the right in Israeli politics.

Well said, Jeff. Israel is a fact and has a legitimate claim to existence and a legitimate right to protect its security. That being said, it DOESN'T have a legitimate right to bulldoze Palestinian homes, drive Palestinians away, and install Jewish settlers on their land. A billion Muslims are not going away, and while Israel, supplied with American arms, is still the most powerful regional power, it can't maintain that position forever. Eventually, it is going to wish it had negotiated a Palestinian state in the West Bank.

The Israeli official I heard on the BBC yesterday, whose name I didn't hear but who speaks with an American accent, has truly mastered Trump-speak. To questions about the killing of Palestinian demonstrators, he immediately went into attack mode and asked the interviewer why they didn't give equal attention when Assad kills Palestinians. So, the issue is not the killing; it's the press coverage of it. And the BBC doesn't conceal Assad's crimes; it's just that he's an equal-opportunity slimy killer, and the opposition to him isn't purely Palestinians.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed May 16, 2018 10:55 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote: Eventually, it is going to wish it had negotiated a Palestinian state in the West Bank.

At the same time, they could have wished that there was more rainfall in the Middle East and that everyone living there was Jewish.

You can't make peace with someone who only wants you dead. Its a salient point that too few want to deal with.

NO ONE SHOULD AGREE TO PEACE.........give away land to.........anyone who at the same time is vowing to destroy you....aka: Right of Return. Two State Solution is just THAT. Its not what has been the status quo to date and the foreseeable future: Give us our own state, and we still want your state too.

Why can't you lamenters get this through your heads?

As to the continuing occupation of land in the disputed areas, Israel should make it its stated policy, to be stopped only when a peaceful two state solution is agreed to. This means: Palestinians DON'T GET everything they want.

Life, Realpolitik, Reality is like that. The history of Palestinian unrest has been totally unrealistic and therefore unsympathetic to anyone with a sense of reality. IOW==the Palestinian people getting screwed over by other Arab States as well as their own "leadership" all of whom have been using them as pawns in a game that is not "bigger" but rather a game designed to benefit themselves as they see it.

What will resolve the dispute is: ............................. a Palestinian LEADER who recognizes Israel is going to exist whether anyone thinks they have a right to or not..........and make the best case for Palestine that remains. All else is just what we have. Unending delusion.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:51 pm

What it boils down to me is this, Upton. If I wouldn’t tolerate that behavior out of my government and protest actions like that from foreign governments, why would I ignore Israel’s actions in this matter?
Adolf Hitler
Final Will and Testament

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed May 16, 2018 3:08 pm

What it boils down to me is this, Upton. If I wouldn’t tolerate that behavior out of my government
/// but you do

and protest actions like that from foreign governments,
/// protest is mostly ineffective and of no consequence

why would I ignore Israel’s actions in this matter?
//// It doesn't matter what you notice. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?

.........and to that, all we get is more handwringing and gnashing of teeth and sorrowful laments, no matter what happens.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed May 16, 2018 4:13 pm

So Dumpy succeeded in having China call all the trade shots now and Kim in having the US beg and grovel for a meeting?

I don't know if I should laugh or cry...

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:35 pm

Do both! Laf on the left side uv your fase, cry on the rite.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Return to “Politics and Government”