It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: He Who Usually Means Well

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:26 pm

Balmoral95 wrote:Jesus wept: So Roy's brother Jerry is likening this thing to the "persecution" Christ was subjected to. Apparently these lads aren't real good at the interpretation of holy writ: Somehow I feel safe in saying most folk wouldn't take "suffer the children come unto me" as a biblical injunction to take 14 year olds on a car date.

Day after day, I sit here slack-jawed at the arrogance of these people, what Bertrand Russell referred to as "the blasphemies of those who think themselves pious." Again, I come back to Mark Twain's comment in his famous essay "To the Person Sitting in Darkness," in which he quoted a prominent clergyman as saying that the blood-money the churches had wrung out of starving Chinese peasants would be used for propagation of the Gospel. As Twain commented, that is a blasphemy so hideous that nothing comparable to it can be found anywhere.
"A general conversion among the boys was once effected by the late excellent Mr. Fletcher: one poor boy only excepted, who unfortunately resisted the influence of the Holy Spirit, for which he was severely flogged; which did not fail of the desired effect, and impressed proper notions of religion on his mind."

James Lackington, Memoirs of the First Forty-five Years of the Life of James Lackington, the Present Bookseller

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:33 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Mitch McConnell, the literal snake in the garden of Eden, today commented on his earlier promise that the tax cut would not result in any middle class people seeing a tax increase: "I misspoke on that." Ah, got it.

I did a rough computation and found that this bill will cost me about $400 next year. Especially if they revoke the deduction for state taxes, they'll deliver a double blow against Vermont, since our federal taxes will go up, and then the state tax, which is about 27% of federal taxes will also go up. Thus we get even MORE state taxes to pay and even MORE money we can't deduct.

Now I wouldn't resent paying more taxes if it were for infrastructure or Medicaid or any other of a hundred benign federal programs or even used to reduce the deficit. But I'm furious that it's just being piled on top of the millions already possessed by a bunch of greedy bastards or sent to build yet more monstrous weaponry that can be used to incinerate poor peasants with whom I have no quarrel.

Bill Di Blasio said it best: This bill is an instruction to the Middle Class to go to the ATM, withdraw a thousand dollars, and find a hedge fund manager to give it to.
"A general conversion among the boys was once effected by the late excellent Mr. Fletcher: one poor boy only excepted, who unfortunately resisted the influence of the Holy Spirit, for which he was severely flogged; which did not fail of the desired effect, and impressed proper notions of religion on his mind."

James Lackington, Memoirs of the First Forty-five Years of the Life of James Lackington, the Present Bookseller

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:47 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:Let's be clear: Democrats are worse, by far, than child molesters. Vote Republican!

Kind of a shame Moore was forced to remove that sculpture of the Ten Commandments. It was probably specially edited to suit his particular tastes. (Invitation to the artistically inclined to show us what it probably looks like, wherever it is now being displayed or stored.) As he is a Protestant, I'd be particularly interested in the exact language of his Seventh Commandment. (For Catholics, that is the Sixth Commandment, the Latin word for six being sex.)

Dana Milbank highlighted the most important point, what the 10 commandants do NOT say, for example, “thou shalt not strip to thine tighty whities and kiss a 14-year-old and touch her through her bra and underpants” is not in there . . . so, see, there's no rule against what Roy did with little Leigh
Nazism conspired to create a sense of festival time. . . . Tragically for humanity, the party generating it was the type not associated with the coloured costumes of the Brazilian Carnival, but with the brown-shirted thuggery of the NSDAP. The contrast between the dance and the march, between the samba and the strains of the Horst Wessel Lied, points to the gulf separating a life-asserting community from a community which exists only by creating a demonized other. - RG '97

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:51 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:Mitch McConnell, the literal snake in the garden of Eden, today commented on his earlier promise that the tax cut would not result in any middle class people seeing a tax increase: "I misspoke on that." Ah, got it.

I did a rough computation and found that this bill will cost me about $400 next year. Especially if they revoke the deduction for state taxes, they'll deliver a double blow against Vermont, since our federal taxes will go up, and then the state tax, which is about 27% of federal taxes will also go up. Thus we get even MORE state taxes to pay and even MORE money we can't deduct.

Now I wouldn't resent paying more taxes if it were for infrastructure or Medicaid or any other of a hundred benign federal programs or even used to reduce the deficit. But I'm furious that it's just being piled on top of the millions already possessed by a bunch of greedy bastards or sent to build yet more monstrous weaponry that can be used to incinerate poor peasants with whom I have no quarrel.

Bill Di Blasio said it best: This bill is an instruction to the Middle Class to go to the ATM, withdraw a thousand dollars, and find a hedge fund manager to give it to.

Same here. I would not be upset to pay more taxes with my income than I do now ... for "Swedish" type government. :) But not one penny for the upper 1% for chrissakes.
Nazism conspired to create a sense of festival time. . . . Tragically for humanity, the party generating it was the type not associated with the coloured costumes of the Brazilian Carnival, but with the brown-shirted thuggery of the NSDAP. The contrast between the dance and the march, between the samba and the strains of the Horst Wessel Lied, points to the gulf separating a life-asserting community from a community which exists only by creating a demonized other. - RG '97

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:57 pm

My guess is that a significant number of Alabama pols have heard about old Roy's “customary behavior,” which is why so many say they will support him even if the allegations are true: those {!#%@} know and are protecting/using Moore.

In his interview with Hannity Moore actually elaborated on his seemingly firm denial by saying that he can't remember if he dated underage girls . . . :shock: But, as with the mass shootings, we are being worn down: the GOP blowback is far less than with Pussygate, when Ryan dodged Trump for days and Jason Chaffetz wailed about his children and so on, before they all scrambled back - with Moore, very few are really even stepping back.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:04 pm

Equal treatment for all sexual abusers from the far right! They must stand by Harvey Weinstein . . . they should be saying, sure, if the charges against Harvey are proven true, he should step down, but until then he and Kevin Spacey and all the rest deserve our votes, sympathy, and respect . . . this persecution must end!!! That is the real conservative view of the Harvey Weinstein matter. Nothing to see there, lots of old charges, lying media, fake accusers piling on . . .

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:08 pm

End of story. Thank god. Now we know for sure. Donny is reporting from his brief chats with Vladimir Putin in Asia this week that when it comes to Russia's supposedly having interfered in the 2016 election,
He said he didn't meddle. I asked him again. You can only ask so many times. … He said he absolutely did not meddle in our election. He did not do what they are saying he did. . . . There was no collusion. Everybody knows there was no collusion.

What are you going to believe - the fake evidence manufactured by the Hillary-Clinton-WaPo-Swamp-Uranium-One-Libtard-Activist Bob Mueller - or Honest Vlad's word? Sheesh, this one's easy.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:40 pm

I need also to point this out. Trump on Air Force One, discussing Russia's election interference, explicitly and firmly backed Putin over US intelligence:
I mean, give me a break, they are political hacks. So you look at it, I mean, you have Brennan, you have Clapper and you have Comey. Comey is proven now to be a liar and he is proven now to be a leaker. . . . So you look at that and you have President Putin very strongly, vehemently says he had nothing to do with them.

I have no idea where that leaves us, except that Trump's allegiances and belief system have been made clear. I don't recall if Trump has in the past, in trashing the interagency findings on Russian election interference, done so by contrasting those findings to Putin's word. Doing so strikes me as at least interesting.

Trump has a CIA director who has met with a notorious "Russia" CTer, so I'd expect that the CIA's reaction will be "managed." As with the EPA, Pompeo can take steps to replace the science with propaganda.

File this under preparation for the firing of Mueller or PR strategy for further charges Mueller brings forth. That this is part of Trump's defense operation is underscored by the fact that Putin's office has said that Putin and Trump did NOT discuss election interference at all, raising the possibility that Trump is fabricating a tale calculated in his mind to aid in his falsification of history.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:03 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:Let's be clear: Democrats are worse, by far, than child molesters. Vote Republican!

Kind of a shame Moore was forced to remove that sculpture of the Ten Commandments. It was probably specially edited to suit his particular tastes. (Invitation to the artistically inclined to show us what it probably looks like, wherever it is now being displayed or stored.) As he is a Protestant, I'd be particularly interested in the exact language of his Seventh Commandment. (For Catholics, that is the Sixth Commandment, the Latin word for six being sex.)

Dana Milbank highlighted the most important point, what the 10 commandants do NOT say, for example, “thou shalt not strip to thine tighty whities and kiss a 14-year-old and touch her through her bra and underpants” is not in there . . . so, see, there's no rule against what Roy did with little Leigh

Good point. Again, I come back to Zeigler's comment that Mary was only 14 (how did he know her age?) when she married Joseph, a much older man (how did he know that?). So, let's see how that fits: Mary was only 14 when Joseph took her out in the woods, stripped off her clothes, and molested her. Right. As Russell said, the blasphemies of those who think themselves pious.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:05 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:End of story. Thank god. Now we know for sure. Donny is reporting from his brief chats with Vladimir Putin in Asia this week that when it comes to Russia's supposedly having interfered in the 2016 election,
He said he didn't meddle. I asked him again. You can only ask so many times. … He said he absolutely did not meddle in our election. He did not do what they are saying he did. . . . There was no collusion. Everybody knows there was no collusion.

What are you going to believe - the fake evidence manufactured by the Hillary-Clinton-WaPo-Swamp-Uranium-One-Libtard-Activist Bob Mueller - or Honest Vlad's word? Sheesh, this one's easy.

How out-of-touch is it possible to be? He must be very convinced that his followers will believe anything. (Well, he has some grounds for that...). But this is not going to sit well with the intelligence community.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:09 pm

But but but... everyone knows.

Whatever it is he wants to claim as fact...
Hi, Io the lurker.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:45 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Equal treatment for all sexual abusers from the far right! They must stand by Harvey Weinstein . . . they should be saying, sure, if the charges against Harvey are proven true, he should step down, but until then he and Kevin Spacey and all the rest deserve our votes, sympathy, and respect . . . this persecution must end!!! That is the real conservative view of the Harvey Weinstein matter. Nothing to see there, lots of old charges, lying media, fake accusers piling on . . .

I thought of this as well. Spacey and Weinstein, disgusting though they may be, now have something in common with Moore. Shouldn’t Moore’s defenders be leaping to their aid as well?

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:13 pm

These fake accusers . . . before you know it, they will be making charges against Richard Dreyfuss or George Takei.

(I will say this: it's high time for a Thaddeus Stephens revival.)

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:16 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:But but but... everyone knows.

Whatever it is he wants to claim as fact...

But think of poor Vlad's hurt feelings! Trump says Putin was OFFENDED by the suggestion that he interfered.

Seriously, has Trump gone completely hatstand? Who does he think could possibly consider Putin's word evidence of anything, much less conclusive evidence?

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:40 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:. . . has Trump gone completely hatstand? Who does he think could possibly consider Putin's word evidence of anything, much less conclusive evidence?

A: Trumpsters

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:06 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:

But think of poor Vlad's hurt feelings! Trump says Putin was OFFENDED by the suggestion that he interfered.

I can’t think of anyone more worthy of trust than an ex-KGB agent.

Seriously, has Trump gone completely hatstand? Who does he think could possibly consider Putin's word evidence of anything, much less conclusive evidence?

What else can he do? Trump knows this thing will hang over his head for the rest of his presidency, the only thing he can do is try and minimize it.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:37 pm

Use Google images to find a photo of 30-something Russian "manager of a wine distributor" (or perhaps "lovely student") Olga Polonskaya and, not to take this to the gutter, you will see why Prof Mifsud made sure that George Papadopoulos got to know her.

This NY Times piece is killer: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/10/us/r ... .html?_r=0.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:51 pm

So, this is fake news (obviously). Trump will claim he believes him:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/11/politics/roy-moore-allegations/index.html

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:03 pm

Pompeo is standing by the CIA's assessment of Russian election meddling.

Is Trump's Surrender-in-Asia Tour over yet?

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:09 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Upton_O_Goode wrote:

I can’t think of anyone more worthy of trust than an ex-KGB agent.

What else can he do? Trump knows this thing will hang over his head for the rest of his presidency, the only thing he can do is try and minimize it.

Worse and worse. CNN now reports that Putin's mouthpiece Peskov denies they even talked about the election. Wonder if Donny's friend Volodya will clarify this in his next press conference. I'll be watching it.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:16 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:Worse and worse. CNN now reports that Putin's mouthpiece Peskov denies they even talked about the election. Wonder if Donny's friend Volodya will clarify this in his next press conference. I'll be watching it.

Yes, that's why I'm convinced that Trump's statements to the press "gaggle" were nothing more than his further effort at a disinformation campaign.

There is something bothering me though: I detect a certain flippancy and at times outright snark in the recent comments in this thread. To quote Dear Leader, Putin "says that very strongly that he really seems to be insulted by it" (ok, ok, this is kind of convoluted but you get the idea), so we should knock it off, we're making Vlad feel bad.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:19 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Use Google images to find a photo of 30-something Russian "manager of a wine distributor" (or perhaps "lovely student") Olga Polonskaya and, not to take this to the gutter, you will see why Prof Mifsud made sure that George Papadopoulos got to know her.

This NY Times piece is killer: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/10/us/r ... .html?_r=0.

But apparently, she now has her husband's last name (Polonskaya), and her maiden name was Vinogradova. That's rather unusual, these days, in Russia. Women generally keep the same name their whole lives. In any case, according to her brother Sergei Vinogradov, she barely speaks English, had no idea what Mifsud and Papadopoulos were talking about, and has no interest in politics. Of course, it's not really relevant whether she had any actual political clout. What matters is what Papdopoulos THOUGHT she could do. He comes off looking more and more like a clueless doofus.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:22 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:There is something bothering me though: I detect a certain flippancy and at times outright snark in the recent comments in this thread. To quote Dear Leader, Putin "says that very strongly that he really seems to be insulted by it" (ok, ok, this is kind of convoluted but you get the idea), so we should knock it off, we're making Vlad feel bad.

I am desolated beyond words that my respectful comments on Vladimir Vladimirovich were misinterpreted as pejorative. You are right. We must all learn to be more civil.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:35 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:Use Google images to find a photo of 30-something Russian "manager of a wine distributor" (or perhaps "lovely student") Olga Polonskaya and, not to take this to the gutter, you will see why Prof Mifsud made sure that George Papadopoulos got to know her.

But apparently, she now has her husband's last name (Polonskaya), and her maiden name was Vinogradova. That's rather unusual, these days, in Russia. Women generally keep the same name their whole lives. In any case, according to her brother Sergei Vinogradov, she barely speaks English, had no idea what Mifsud and Papadopoulos were talking about, and has no interest in politics. Of course, it's not really relevant whether she had any actual political clout. What matters is what Papdopoulos THOUGHT she could do. He comes off looking more and more like a clueless doofus.

Why was Ms Polonskaya brought along? According to the NYT piece, Mr Mifsud has "suggested Mr. Papadopoulos hoped for a romantic involvement" with the former wine distributor manager, whose English is bad.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:36 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:There is something bothering me though: I detect a certain flippancy and at times outright snark in the recent comments in this thread. To quote Dear Leader, Putin "says that very strongly that he really seems to be insulted by it" (ok, ok, this is kind of convoluted but you get the idea), so we should knock it off, we're making Vlad feel bad.

I am desolated beyond words that my respectful comments on Vladimir Vladimirovich were misinterpreted as pejorative. You are right. We must all learn to be more civil.

That's better. Thank you. I expect others to follow suit. It is good that Mr Trump pointed out how much words can hurt people.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:47 pm

comic relief: et tu, Boris . . . Boris Johnson also is now reported to have met with Prof Mifsud; The Grauniad notes, laconically, doing a good NY Times parody, that "This development comes less than a week after Johnson denied meeting the professor, and at a time when concern is growing about possible Russian interference in the Brexit campaign, in which the foreign secretary played a crucial role."

We also learn that Ms Polonskaya - who barely speaks English - is an acquaintance of another man, Mr Prasenjit Kumar Singh, who was with Mifsud and Boris when they met. According to Mr Singh, the verbally challenged Ms Polonskaya "was going to translate my website – for the London Executive School – from English into Russian so I could try and attract more Russian students. She did that: I just haven’t put it up yet.” My my.

Read all about it.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:57 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
There is something bothering me though: I detect a certain flippancy and at times outright snark in the recent comments in this thread. To quote Dear Leader, Putin "says that very strongly that he really seems to be insulted by it" (ok, ok, this is kind of convoluted but you get the idea), so we should knock it off, we're making Vlad feel bad.

You’re right, I’m overcome with remorse. No, really, I don’t really want anything radioactive in my iced tea.

:D

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:59 pm

LOL

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:13 am

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:56 am

Just WOW – The GOP - the grand old party of adulterers, pussy grabbers and pedophiles, Oh my!

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:16 am

TJrandom wrote:Just WOW – The GOP - the grand old party of adulterers, pussy grabbers and pedophiles, Oh my!

Steady on, need I say Anthony Wiener, Wilbur Mills, Jesse Jackson, WJ Clinton to remind folks about glass houses. There's a way to criticize this without resorting to a faux moral high ground. That's the hypocrisy straight out of the GOP playbook.

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Postby Jeff_36 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:24 am

Balmoral95 wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:Trump Gallup approval tracker hits new low, gorgeous: 33/62 (-29). This is a 3-day rolling average through yesterday.

And its only going to get lower. I think we'll be seeing an approval rating in the 20's by the time the first snow falls.

Funny you should mention that as one WH correspondent dude on CNN described the mood there as one of dejection at facing a very long, cold winter.

It will be a very consistent drip-drip-drip over the next few months IMO.

The only alternative is Trump firing Muller, which would plunge his ratings into the high teens and might result in him getting forced out by Congress or the Joint Chiefs.

"Joint Chiefs"? Care to expound?

Um, military coup?

If that's where the discussion is headed then I'll kiss Trump's arse in Macy's window and start calling Hawaii "Kenya".

Sorry, I was referring to a scenario like what happened in the first years of the Clinton Administration - The Joint Chiefs threatened to resign to force his hand. In this case I was hoping that they'd tell his cabinet "It's him or us".

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Postby Jeff_36 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:31 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Pompeo is standing by the CIA's assessment of Russian election meddling.

Is Trump's Asia Tour over yet?

DID SOMEONE SAY ASIA TOUR????!?!?!??! :lol: :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1trKiM3Ng9c

In all seriousness: We need to start taking bets on how long he'l last. Collusion has been proven at this point and the picture will get worse. We have two options here;

1. Slow slide in the polls

2. a "Saturday night massacre" that drops his numbers through the floor overnight.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:47 am

Balmoral95 wrote:
TJrandom wrote:Just WOW – The GOP - the grand old party of adulterers, pussy grabbers and pedophiles, Oh my!

Steady on, need I say Anthony Wiener, Wilbur Mills, Jesse Jackson, WJ Clinton to remind folks about glass houses. There's a way to criticize this without resorting to a faux moral high ground. That's the hypocrisy straight out of the GOP playbook.

Chris Hayes is calling on Democrats to have "a real reckoning with the allegations against" WJC. He tweeted out a Buzzfeed article on the charge made by Juanita Broaddrick that Clinton raped her in 1978 for Democrats to consider.

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:52 am

Jeff_36 wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:Trump Gallup approval tracker hits new low, gorgeous: 33/62 (-29). This is a 3-day rolling average through yesterday.

And its only going to get lower. I think we'll be seeing an approval rating in the 20's by the time the first snow falls.

Funny you should mention that as one WH correspondent dude on CNN described the mood there as one of dejection at facing a very long, cold winter.

It will be a very consistent drip-drip-drip over the next few months IMO.

The only alternative is Trump firing Muller, which would plunge his ratings into the high teens and might result in him getting forced out by Congress or the Joint Chiefs.

"Joint Chiefs"? Care to expound?

Um, military coup?

If that's where the discussion is headed then I'll kiss Trump's arse in Macy's window and start calling Hawaii "Kenya".

Sorry, I was referring to a scenario like what happened in the first years of the Clinton Administration - The Joint Chiefs threatened to resign to force his hand. In this case I was hoping that they'd tell his cabinet "It's him or us".

Okay, not sure I see that as a parallel situation:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/when-the- ... -president

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:54 am

Jeff_36 wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:Pompeo is standing by the CIA's assessment of Russian election meddling.

Is Trump's Asia Tour over yet?

DID SOMEONE SAY ASIA TOUR????!?!?!??! :lol: :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1trKiM3Ng9c

In all seriousness: We need to start taking bets on how long he'l last. Collusion has been proven at this point and the picture will get worse. We have two options here;

1. Slow slide in the polls

2. a "Saturday night massacre" that drops his numbers through the floor overnight.

I just don’t see it yet, Jeff. There’s a small chance, like infinitesimal, that he will resign. Other than that my opinion is this will steadily decline but Trump will cling to power, helped by enabling Republican Senators and Congressmen/women.

I think it is possible that if Republicans take a bath in 2018 then Trump will face a strong challenge for the Republican nomination in 2020. I think he can hold it off and then it will depend who the Democrats run against him. Hopefully they will come up with a real candidate this time.

I think the main difference in 2020 is that all the self-righteous third party voters who wanted to make a cute little point will learn their lesson in 2020.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:00 am

Asia....LOL, wow, that’s an 80’s blast from the past...

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:03 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:. . . Trump will cling to power, helped by enabling Republican Senators and Congressmen/women.

Ryan announced just this as a formal policy last week.

Jeffk 1970 wrote:I think it is possible that if Republicans take a bath in 2018 then Trump will face a strong challenge for the Republican nomination in 2020.

If Democrats re-take either house of Congress, the GOP will become quite interesting, I should think.

Jeffk 1970 wrote:I think he can hold it off and then it will depend who the Democrats run against him. Hopefully they will come up with a real candidate this time.

Kirsten Gillibrand.

Jeffk 1970 wrote:I think the main difference in 2020 is that all the self-righteous third party voters who wanted to make a cute little point will learn their lesson in 2020.

Possible that Trump vote is depressed and Democrat vote is energized = Trump loss.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:10 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Possible that Trump vote is depressed and Democrat vote is energized = Trump loss.

Yes, I agree, that’s also a strong possibility. Trump’s margin of votes in several states was quite small.

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Postby Jeff_36 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:13 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:Asia....LOL, wow, that’s an 80’s blast from the past...

Statmech's mention of "Trump's Asia tour" had me picturing him singing lead on that song...... bad mental image.

Return to “Holocaust Denial”