It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:31 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:Unless there's something available through channels that Putin doesn't know about, we aren't going to get the truth about this.

I actually think with Schiller's testimony as reported we know the truth: first, yes, the Russians tried setting Trump up (remember when we were assured they wouldn't do such a thing); second, Schiller had to admit the part of the set up that had possible witnesses to it - the offer as it were; third, Schiller felt able to tell his questioners whatever was self-serving, and beneficial to Trump, about the non-public part of the situation - let's call it the acceptance - when he and Trump were back at Trump's hotel room. :)
Nazism conspired to create a sense of festival time. . . . Tragically for humanity, the party generating it was the type not associated with the coloured costumes of the Brazilian Carnival, but with the brown-shirted thuggery of the NSDAP. The contrast between the dance and the march, between the samba and the strains of the Horst Wessel Lied, points to the gulf separating a life-asserting community from a community which exists only by creating a demonized other. - RG '97

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:57 pm

let's call it the acceptance

Makes it sound much more chivalric. :lol:

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:39 am

Balmoral95 wrote:chivalric

well, sure, Trump you know, when I think Trump, I think chivalry
Nazism conspired to create a sense of festival time. . . . Tragically for humanity, the party generating it was the type not associated with the coloured costumes of the Brazilian Carnival, but with the brown-shirted thuggery of the NSDAP. The contrast between the dance and the march, between the samba and the strains of the Horst Wessel Lied, points to the gulf separating a life-asserting community from a community which exists only by creating a demonized other. - RG '97

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:55 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
TJrandom wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote: This being Alabama, the only thing I find surprising here is that the girl in question wasn't his sister, daughter, niece or first cousin.

Being that it is Alabama, one might be excused for not knowing if it were a sister, daughter, niece, or first cousin. ;)

LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD3bGEFxGC0

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:03 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:Day by day, the GOP sinks deeper into corruption. Moore's accuser is backed by childhood friends who knew about the affair. And then there is the incomparable Jim Zeigler, who says, as noted above by Stat Mech, that a 35-year-old seducing a 14-year-old is a very minor thing. Well, the girl was certainly a minor. But Moore now has four OTHER accusers as well. He needs Bill Cosby's lawyer.

I'm curious as to how Zeigler knows the BVM was a teenager when she married Joseph. The Bible doesn't say how old she was. Granted, one might ASSUME that she was, given a pastoral/agricultural society where education doesn't take much time. But that's just the point: We NO LONGER live in a society like that. Our childhood/adolescence lasts a lot longer now, and that's why we have laws dealing with sexual abuse of minors. I wonder if Zeigler endorses polygamy on the same Biblical basis. After all, Jacob got to marry both Leah and Rachel (the secret dream of every guy who ever wanted to shtup his wife's sister, as one of my uncles actually did).

Isn't Ziegler's defense tantamount to saying Moore did it - and thus, as we have actual non-Sharia laws in the US, committed a crime?

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:07 am

Balmoral95 wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
TJrandom wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote: This being Alabama, the only thing I find surprising here is that the girl in question wasn't his sister, daughter, niece or first cousin.

Being that it is Alabama, one might be excused for not knowing if it were a sister, daughter, niece, or first cousin. ;)

LOL

I'll see your Neil Young and raise you a Lynyrd Skynyrd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA0z9EcefOU

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:23 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
TJrandom wrote:

LOL

I'll see your Neil Young and raise you a Lynyrd Skynyrd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA0z9EcefOU

I went to one of their concerts.... the perfect marriage of southern rock (whatever that is) and criminality. Only rock 'n roll show I ever went to where I was worried about my physical safety.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:34 am

Ron Klain tonight: we are learning that the words 'if true' are to pedophilia what 'thoughts & prayers' are to gun violence

no statement from Moore, no specifics, no follow-up from the Republican party (Mr Moore, did you know that girl? did you indeed sit on a bench with her? did you meet other teenage girls at the courthouse? elsewhere? etc?), just some 'if true' crap mixed in with GOP heroes in Alabama pledging support for Moore 'even if true'

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:48 am

Balmoral95 wrote:Only rock 'n roll show I ever went to where I was worried about my physical safety.

LOL

I had two such experiences, both without the red-neck aspect, first at a show headlined by Stone Temple Pilots supported by Butthole Surfers and Flaming Lips . . . true . . . my 12 year old son had to see STP . . . so we went . . . the STP guitarist, to stop people from throwing objects (sneakers in particular) decided to wade into the crowd and use his "ax" as an ax, viciously beating a suspected thrower of sneakers on the head and, we learned later, causing brain damage - the whole afternoon was a roiling sea of shoving and fights with ambulances hauling the injured off . . . good times . . . second, Green Day, Boston Esplanade, 1994, which turned into a pretty much a straight-up riot that trailed off into street fighting across Back Bay . . . it was important to my wife and me that our son be exposed to interesting things . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqe53T-jSpg

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:54 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Ron Klain tonight: we are learning that the words 'if true' are to pedophilia what 'thoughts & prayers' are to gun violence

no statement from Moore, no specifics, no follow-up from the Republican party (Mr Moore, did you know that girl? did you indeed sit on a bench with her? did you meet other teenage girls at the courthouse? elsewhere? etc?), just some 'if true' crap mixed in with GOP heroes in Alabama pledging support for Moore 'even if true'

Unfortunately this is probably going to be be a "she said, he said" after 40 years. My inclination is to believe the allegation but without seriously unassailable third party corroboration/ no physical evidence I don't see how it goes forward but we're only a day into this. As for Alabama statute of limitations for sex crimes, the case could be prosecuted:

Criminal Cases for Sexual Abuse
Criminal cases are filed by the State of Alabama on behalf of a victim. In order to file criminal charges, you must notify law enforcement of the sexual abuse. The authorities will investigate your claims and a prosecutor may file charges against your abuser. If a suspect is found guilty of criminal conduct, he or she may be sentenced to significant jail time and sex offender registration.

Although the civil SOL is very short, Alabama gives prosecutors a lot of time to file violent or childhood sexual abuse charges. The criminal statutes of limitations vary depending on the severity of the offense. The criminal statutes of limitations include:

No statute of limitations: rape, violent sexual abuse, sexual abuse with the threat of violence, and any sexual abuse of a victim under the age of 16,
Other felony sexual abuse: three years, and
Misdemeanor abuse: one year.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:59 am

Balmoral95 wrote:Unfortunately this is probably going to be be a "she said, he said" after 40 years. My inclination is to believe the allegation but without seriously unassailable third party corroboration/ no physical evidence I don't see how it goes forward but we're only a day into this. As for Alabama statute of limitations for sex crimes, the case could be prosecuted:

It likely can't be proven to a criminal trial standard, far as I can tell, I agree with that: that said, the story is well done, convincing - AND I think that Klain's point is correct - none of those saying "if true" means anything other than "ride it out." What they do not mean is check this out further . . .

One would expect, oh, thirty years ago, that when serious accusations like these are made, short of criminal prosecution, those in responsible roles would, at the very least, want to know more - so they'd ask the accused person to explain himself - and urge him to make himself available to the Amazon WaPo and other lying media outlets to answer questions the public will have. (disclaimer: as recently as when I was working, on occasion I had to ask accused employees hard questions about ugly {!#%@} - I dunno, I was surprised at what I learned just asking, sometimes about the accused, sometimes about the accuser.)

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:39 am

Agreed on all points.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:41 am

Balmoral95 wrote:Only rock 'n roll show I ever went to where I was worried about my physical safety.

LOL

I had two such experiences, both without the red-neck aspect, first at a show headlined by Stone Temple Pilots supported by Butthole Surfers and Flaming Lips . . . true . . . my 12 year old son had to see STP . . . so we went . . . the STP guitarist, to stop people from throwing objects (sneakers in particular) decided to wade into the crowd and use his "ax" as an ax, viciously beating a suspected thrower of sneakers on the head and, we learned later, causing brain damage - the whole afternoon was a roiling sea of shoving and fights with ambulances hauling the injured off . . . good times . . . second, Green Day, Boston Esplanade, 1994, which turned into a pretty much a straight-up riot that trailed off into street fighting across Back Bay . . . it was important to my wife and me that our son be exposed to interesting things . . .

Worst thing to ever happen to me at a concert was a group of hippies threatening to kick our asses for accidentally sitting in the wrong seats. You’d think hippies would be mellow....

Worst thing after a concert, a group of determined Christians ambushing me and my manager at a Denny’s. We were wearing the T-Shirts we bought at the show, big mistake. They insisted on sitting across from us, trying to save our souls. Needless to say it never took, if it didn’t work for my mother all of these years it sure wasn’t going to work over a Grand Slam Breakfast.

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:55 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:

LOL

Worst thing to ever happen to me at a concert was a group of hippies threatening to kick our asses for accidentally sitting in the wrong seats. You’d think hippies would be mellow....

Worst thing after a concert, a group of determined Christians ambushing me and my manager at a Denny’s. We were wearing the T-Shirts we bought at the show, big mistake. They insisted on sitting across from us, trying to save our souls. Needless to say it never took, if it didn’t work for my mother all of these years it sure wasn’t going to work over a Grand Slam Breakfast.

My first clue was the car park before we even got into the place: pickups and hogs.... and I'm driving a weird green Saab 99... with windows down, sunroof open an Buddy Guy on the Caysette player at full tilt volume... Not an auspicious start to a fun afternoon. :shock:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:05 am

What about really fat people stage-diving?

There you are enjoying a concert, You are distracted for a moment, as your friend offers to buy you a drink....and WHAMO a really fat person hits you from above, while your'e not looking.

:D

Fat person.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: He Who Usually Means Well

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:08 pm

There actually is more evidence. The accuser is backed by two witnesses from the time, and now four more women have come forth with similar accusations. But this is going into the shade, eclipsed by Trump's blast against Scientology.

Much as I'd like to see Scientology destroyed, I fail to see how even a mind as acute as Trump's can distinguish between what Scientologists believe and what Mormons believe. The fact that Scientology is a cockamamie cult that produces such abominations as John Travolta and Tom Cruise is not relevant. Christian Science does worse, and its practitioners get exemptions from child-abuse statutes and reimbursement from Medicare and Medicaid for "absent treatment" of patients.
"A general conversion among the boys was once effected by the late excellent Mr. Fletcher: one poor boy only excepted, who unfortunately resisted the influence of the Holy Spirit, for which he was severely flogged; which did not fail of the desired effect, and impressed proper notions of religion on his mind."

James Lackington, Memoirs of the First Forty-five Years of the Life of James Lackington, the Present Bookseller

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:11 pm

new resource from Southern Poverty Law Center, which will be updated monthly: Hate in the White House ("The SPLC now has a resource, Hate in the White House, that serves as a monthly timeline of instances of extremism in the Trump administration.")

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:13 pm

Balmoral95 wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
TJrandom wrote:

LOL

Great link. By coincidence, just yesterday, my son sent me this link to Young's career:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9XlAMu_cUU&sns=em
"A general conversion among the boys was once effected by the late excellent Mr. Fletcher: one poor boy only excepted, who unfortunately resisted the influence of the Holy Spirit, for which he was severely flogged; which did not fail of the desired effect, and impressed proper notions of religion on his mind."

James Lackington, Memoirs of the First Forty-five Years of the Life of James Lackington, the Present Bookseller

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:34 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:There actually is more evidence. The accuser is backed by two witnesses from the time, and now four more women have come forth with similar accusations. But this is going into the shade. . . .

IIRC more than 30 people were interviewed in the original WaPo story, Leigh Corfman (14 at the time) said that she was sexually assaulted (two former friends supported her claims as did her mother) and three girls (16-18 at the time) said that Moore tried to (and did in two cases) "date" them. There have been follow-up stories on Republican responses to the allegations. These responses seem to range from

- lone John McCain (Moore should step down at once) to ...

- the "if true" contingent like McConnell, the WH, Flake et al (pretend to be concerned but hope the story goes away - most of these Republicans were Luther Strange supporters) to ...

- Breitbart, Moore, and many Alabama Republican hardliners (who maintain that the charges are fake news concocted by the "Democrat" media apparatus to destroy Moore - these people and the other Moore defenders blast McConnell along with the media) to ...

- some local Republican loons - Ziegler and others (who apparently assume that the charges are true but deem them irrelevant - 'cuz the Bible, 'cuz 40 years ago, 'cuz abortion, 'cuz Moore's an icon, 'cuz you can't let a candidate from the "Democrat party" win) (some of these folks are outright lying such as one who's stated publicly that Moore never did "more" than kiss the teenagers, in blatant contradiction to the account given by Leigh Corfman)

It was sad to watch Democrats find ways to stick with Clinton in the Lewinsky matter - and after: things have progressed to where some Republican officials are defending sexual predation with minors in order to elect a "punitive moralist" hypocrite to the Senate, punitive moralist hypocrisy being one of their party's calling cards.

That said, I doubt that the Scientology story is what will overtake Moore's situation.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:41 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:

What about really fat people stage-diving?

There you are enjoying a concert, You are distracted for a moment, as your friend offers to buy you a drink....and WHAMO a really fat person hits you from above, while your'e not looking.

I will say this: I would not enjoy having a 120-pound crowd surfer land on my head either. That was a very strange era ...

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:46 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:IIRC more than 30 people were interviewed in the original WaPo story, Leigh Corfman (14 at the time) said that she was sexually assaulted (two former friends supported her claims as did her mother) and three girls (16-18 at the time) said that Moore tried to (and did in two cases) "date" them.

These other three, whose stories I missed, are actually more damaging. If two of them actually went out with him, there will be plenty of corroborating witnesses, and even a mind the caliber of Jim Zeigler will surely understand that a 35-year-old man dating a 16-year-old girl is not charmed by the brilliance of her mind. That ought to be enough to sink him.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:18 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:IIRC more than 30 people were interviewed in the original WaPo story, Leigh Corfman (14 at the time) said that she was sexually assaulted (two former friends supported her claims as did her mother) and three girls (16-18 at the time) said that Moore tried to (and did in two cases) "date" them.

These other three, whose stories I missed, are actually more damaging. If two of them actually went out with him, there will be plenty of corroborating witnesses, and even a mind the caliber of Jim Zeigler will surely understand that a 35-year-old man dating a 16-year-old girl is not charmed by the brilliance of her mind. That ought to be enough to sink him.

Strangely, 16 is the age of consent in Alabama. So a mid-30s chap kissing a 16 year old is hunky dory. But plying an 18 year old girl with booze for kisses (drinking age was 19 at the time) and sexual contact with a teenager under 16 are still no-no's there, even if championed in Zeigler's holy book (Dana Milbank over at the "Amazon-Access Hollywood-Podesta-Comet Ping Pong Pizza-Wasserman Schultz WaPo" describes Zeigler as taking the Bible literally but not seriously).

My guess - applying the ethos of Pussygate, which I believe operates as a kind of immutable law - is that Moore survives this. I am not sure why so many other men these days are not able to ride out analogous situations they've brought upon themselves, but that seems to be a part of the iron law of Pussygate, too.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:50 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Strangely, 16 is the age of consent in Alabama. So a mid-30s chap kissing a 16 year old is hunky dory. But plying an 18 year old girl with booze for kisses (drinking age was 19 at the time) and sexual contact with a teenager under 16 are still no-no's there, even if championed in Zeigler's holy book (Dana Milbank over at the "Amazon-Access Hollywood-Podesta-Comet Ping Pong Pizza-Wasserman Schultz WaPo" describes Zeigler as taking the Bible literally but not seriously).

The drinking aspect of it might be worse in any case, even if it wasn't underage drinking. To a lot of fundamentalists, alcohol is just as bad as it is to Muslims and Mormons. But you are right. He'll probably weather this storm.

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:39 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:Strangely, 16 is the age of consent in Alabama. So a mid-30s chap kissing a 16 year old is hunky dory. But plying an 18 year old girl with booze for kisses (drinking age was 19 at the time) and sexual contact with a teenager under 16 are still no-no's there, even if championed in Zeigler's holy book (Dana Milbank over at the "Amazon-Access Hollywood-Podesta-Comet Ping Pong Pizza-Wasserman Schultz WaPo" describes Zeigler as taking the Bible literally but not seriously).

The drinking aspect of it might be worse in any case, even if it wasn't underage drinking. To a lot of fundamentalists, alcohol is just as bad as it is to Muslims and Mormons. But you are right. He'll probably weather this storm.

Watching Jailbaitgate unfold today I was interested to learn that some ballots have already been mailed and returned (though uncounted til election day) and should Moore quit now his name is already on the ballots and will remain so.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:47 pm

As I understand it, yes, it is too late for his name to be removed from the ballot. Republicans, like McCain, Flake, and Romney, who revile Bannon are surely using this to strike back at His Rumpledness. Should be fun watching all that develop.

Those who are not true believers in the GOP are trying to figure out how they or their candidates will answer the inevitable standard questioning they will get on the party's position on pedophilia.

A poll in Alabama today - I checked this news item half a dozen times and then asked my wife to read it aloud to me - finds that, well let me quote from The Hill, "Moore and Jones are tied at 46 percent . . . with 82 percent of respondents aware of the new allegations leveled by named accusers in The Washington Post." There is also a report that party heavyweights are trying to get the Alabama governor to delay the special election till next year. The governor wants the WH to weigh in . . . ?!?!? And it isn't clear if the governor has the power to do this in any event.

Anything goes - repeal & replace, overturn Roe v Wade, Muslims out of Congress, end marriage equality, #MAGA. Vote for Satan, he'll git 'er done.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:55 pm

Mitch McConnell, the literal snake in the garden of Eden, today commented on his earlier promise that the tax cut would not result in any middle class people seeing a tax increase: "I misspoke on that." Ah, got it.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:08 am

Let's be clear: Democrats are worse, by far, than child molesters. Vote Republican!

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:21 am

Bannon today taking it all to the media: "The media is the opposition party.".

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:32 am

Jesus wept: So Roy's brother Jerry is likening this thing to the "persecution" Christ was subjected to. Apparently these lads aren't real good at the interpretation of holy writ: Somehow I feel safe in saying most folk wouldn't take "suffer the children come unto me" as a biblical injunction to take 14 year olds on a car date.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:17 am

Hey Mr Moore said he did “not generally” pray on teenage girls. Good enough for me.

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:34 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Hey Mr Moore said he did “not generally” pray on teenage girls. Good enough for me.

I hope he keeps talking.... :lol:

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Postby Jeff_36 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:49 am

Balmoral95 wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:Trump Gallup approval tracker hits new low, gorgeous: 33/62 (-29). This is a 3-day rolling average through yesterday.

And its only going to get lower. I think we'll be seeing an approval rating in the 20's by the time the first snow falls.

Funny you should mention that as one WH correspondent dude on CNN described the mood there as one of dejection at facing a very long, cold winter.

It will be a very consistent drip-drip-drip over the next few months IMO.

The only alternative is Trump firing Muller, which would plunge his ratings into the high teens and might result in him getting forced out by Congress or the Joint Chiefs.

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Postby Jeff_36 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:49 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Hey Mr Moore said he did “not generally” pray on teenage girls. Good enough for me.

Why do these allegations not surprise me in the least?

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:22 am

Jeff_36 wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:Trump Gallup approval tracker hits new low, gorgeous: 33/62 (-29). This is a 3-day rolling average through yesterday.

And its only going to get lower. I think we'll be seeing an approval rating in the 20's by the time the first snow falls.

Funny you should mention that as one WH correspondent dude on CNN described the mood there as one of dejection at facing a very long, cold winter.

The only alternative is Trump firing Muller, which would plunge his ratings into the high teens and might result in him getting forced out by Congress or the Joint Chiefs.

"Joint Chiefs"? Care to expound?

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:10 am

Balmoral95 wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:

Um, military coup?

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:33 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:

Um, military coup?

If that's where the discussion is headed then I'll kiss Trump's arse in Macy's window and start calling Hawaii "Kenya".

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:37 am

LOL

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:02 pm

And they're pleased that he left their god out of it. :-P
Hi, Io the lurker.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:19 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Let's be clear: Democrats are worse, by far, than child molesters. Vote Republican!

Kind of a shame Moore was forced to remove that sculpture of the Ten Commandments. It was probably specially edited to suit his particular tastes. (Invitation to the artistically inclined to show us what it probably looks like, wherever it is now being displayed or stored.) As he is a Protestant, I'd be particularly interested in the exact language of his Seventh Commandment. (For Catholics, that is the Sixth Commandment, the Latin word for six being sex.)

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:21 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:

And they're pleased that he left their god out of it. :-P

My God! Mark Twain made note of a similar comment after the Boxer Rebellion, when a prominent clergyman said that "the clergy did not generally" act vindictively toward the Chinese.

Return to “Holocaust Denial”