It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:18 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:...
According to VOX,
Technically, the next in line is Solicitor General Noel Francisco, who is now serving in Brand’s role in an acting capacity. But legal experts told me that Trump has the authority to name anyone he wants to replace Brand...

They would have to be Senate approved, but considering....

Lard, save me from your followers.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:48 am

For Jeffk:

Spoiler:

Thank TJrandom :-P

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:12 am

Spoiler:
“Today I saw one of those places, saw it in all of its horror, all its filth, all its death.”
Soldier entering the Ohrdruf Concentration Camp.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:13 am

:lol:
“Today I saw one of those places, saw it in all of its horror, all its filth, all its death.”
Soldier entering the Ohrdruf Concentration Camp.

TJrandom
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:14 am

Don`t new Walmart employees start as door greeters? Besides, if she stayed at Justice, she ran the risk of a pussygrab.

TJrandom
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:15 am

scrmbldggs wrote:For Jeffk:

Spoiler:

Thank TJrandom :-P

NSFL.... NSFL....

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:46 am

:lol:

TJrandom
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:35 am

The Nation, and The Reasons Why White Women Vote Republican—and What to Do About It

Tied to co-prosperity with their white husbands, religion, racism, and existing political entanglements…

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: Hywel Rudy Day

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:52 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Bond. James Bond.

Here we go: And the bell sounds for Round 15. Not hard to see what great mileage Trump will get out of THIS.

ETA: If Trump succeeds in reining in NSA, even for the bad reasons he has, I won't grieve. That agency is a keg of dynamite with the potential to destroy all of our civil rights and bring in Big Brother.
Last edited by Upton_O_Goode on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When you are studying any matter, or considering any philosophy, ask yourself only what are the facts and what is the truth that the facts bear out. Never let yourself be diverted, either by what you wish to believe, or by what you think would have beneficent social effects if it were believed. But look only, and solely, at what are the facts."

Bertrand Russell, Advice to Future Generations

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:56 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Spoiler:

Aaugh!! My eyes! My eyes! And now I've gotta skip breakfast. Tell me that was Photoshopped.
"When you are studying any matter, or considering any philosophy, ask yourself only what are the facts and what is the truth that the facts bear out. Never let yourself be diverted, either by what you wish to believe, or by what you think would have beneficent social effects if it were believed. But look only, and solely, at what are the facts."

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:57 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:...
According to VOX,
Technically, the next in line is Solicitor General Noel Francisco, who is now serving in Brand’s role in an acting capacity. But legal experts told me that Trump has the authority to name anyone he wants to replace Brand...

They would have to be Senate approved, but considering....

I heard somebody on the news last night say that there might be a way around that - deep down in some of the regulations; it was very confusing. It almost seemed like no one's sure.
You know, my dear Colonel General, I don't really believe that the Russians will attack at all. It's all an enormous bluff. - Heinrich Himmler to Heinz Guderian, December 1944

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:58 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:
Spoiler:

Aaugh!! My eyes! My eyes! And now I've gotta skip breakfast. Tell me that was Photoshopped.

That was Photoshopped. https://www.snopes.com/trump-diarrhea-golf-course/
You know, my dear Colonel General, I don't really believe that the Russians will attack at all. It's all an enormous bluff. - Heinrich Himmler to Heinz Guderian, December 1944

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:00 pm

scrmbldggs wrote::? I wonder what spooked her, Rachel Brand, 3rd ranking official at Justice Dept., is stepping down

Speculation is that she'd have to be in charge of Mueller once Sessions's lieutenant gets fired.

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:01 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:
Spoiler:

That was Photoshopped. https://www.snopes.com/trump-diarrhea-golf-course/

What a relief!

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:22 pm

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:23 pm

:hmm: I like the voices that say a sitting resident can be indicted. :mrgreen:

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:35 pm

Campaign officials are criminally liable if Mueller and his team prove an overlap between the illegal Russian fake news posts and the Trump campaign’s routine micro-targeted negative messages--a painstaking but manageable set of data comparisons...

...the prosecution need only prove that there was “a mutual understanding, either spoken or unspoken, [Emphasis added] between two or more people to cooperate with each other to accomplish an unlawful act.”...

I'd think that would be almost too easy for a skilled team to pull together, if measly posters on a message board have compiled several instances of seeming overlap. :-P

ETA "willful blindness" - I think that's djt's other middle name.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:56 pm

Trumpty, concerned about "peoples" as always, "peoples" being his first priority - as with Obamacare, LGBT issues, Daca:
Peoples lives are being shattered and destroyed by a mere allegation. Some are true and some are false. Some are old and some are new. There is no recovery for someone falsely accused - life and career are gone. Is there no such thing any longer as Due Process?

Hmmm, didn't the White House force one of these guys out, or so they say, and didn't one resign rather than deal with the charges?

Porter (from WaPo):
During a staff meeting, Kelly told those in attendance to say he took action to remove Porter within 40 minutes of learning that abuse allegations from two ex-wives were credible . . . “He told the staff he took immediate and direct action,” one of the officials said . . .

Sorenson: (from WaPo):
“We immediately confronted the staffer, he denied the allegations and he resigned today,” spokesman Raj Shah said in a statement Friday evening.

Who's in charge of Due Process at the White House anyway?

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:17 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Trumpty, concerned about "peoples" as always, "peoples" being his first priority - as with Obamacare, LGBT issues, Daca:
Peoples lives are being shattered and destroyed by a mere allegation. Some are true and some are false. Some are old and some are new. There is no recovery for someone falsely accused - life and career are gone. Is there no such thing any longer as Due Process?

Hmmm, didn't the White House force one of these guys out, or so they say, and didn't one resign rather than deal with the charges?

Porter (from WaPo):
During a staff meeting, Kelly told those in attendance to say he took action to remove Porter within 40 minutes of learning that abuse allegations from two ex-wives were credible . . . “He told the staff he took immediate and direct action,” one of the officials said . . .

“We immediately confronted the staffer, he denied the allegations and he resigned today,” spokesman Raj Shah said in a statement Friday evening.

Touche! I was wondering why Trump made no noise about lack of due process for Harvey Weinstein, who had at least as good a case as Trump himself vis-a-vis allegations.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:48 pm

@realdjt

Feb 10, 2018 01:50:02 PM - Republicans want to fix DACA far more than the Democrats do. The Dems had all three branches of government back in 2008-2011, and they decided not to do anything about DACA...

The policy was established by the Obama Administration in June 2012 and rescinded by the Trump Administration in September 2017.

and

The One Hundred Twelfth United States Congress was a meeting of the legislative branch of the United States federal government, from January 3, 2011, until January 3, 2013....In the 2010 midterm elections, the Republican Party won the majority in the House of Representatives. While the Democrats kept their Senate majority, it was reduced from the previous Congress.[3] This was the first Congress in which the House and Senate were controlled by different parties since the 107th Congress (2001–2003)...

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:13 pm

He really is a rancid lying piece of {!#%@}

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:16 pm

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:25 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:Trumpty, concerned about "peoples" as always, "peoples" being his first priority - as with Obamacare, LGBT issues, Daca:

Porter (from WaPo):

Touche! I was wondering why Trump made no noise about lack of due process for Harvey Weinstein, who had at least as good a case as Trump himself vis-a-vis allegations.

David Martosko, Daily Mail political editor, on Trump's tweet: "I think he misspelled 'restraining order and photos of a black eye'"

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:27 pm

Jim Tankersley, NY Times:
Morgan Stanley analysts expect companies to pass only 13% of Trump tax cut savings directly to workers, vs 43% to share buybacks.

For manufacturers, it's 9% / 47%.

I am shocked.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:28 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:@realdjt

Feb 10, 2018 01:50:02 PM - Republicans want to fix DACA far more than the Democrats do. The Dems had all three branches of government back in 2008-2011, and they decided not to do anything about DACA...

The policy was established by the Obama Administration in June 2012 and rescinded by the Trump Administration in September 2017.

and

The One Hundred Twelfth United States Congress was a meeting of the legislative branch of the United States federal government, from January 3, 2011, until January 3, 2013....In the 2010 midterm elections, the Republican Party won the majority in the House of Representatives. While the Democrats kept their Senate majority, it was reduced from the previous Congress.[3] This was the first Congress in which the House and Senate were controlled by different parties since the 107th Congress (2001–2003)...

chronology is so 2015, get over it, we don't do it anymore

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:30 pm

:cry: meany

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:31 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Jim Tankersley, NY Times:
Morgan Stanley analysts expect companies to pass only 13% of Trump tax cut savings directly to workers, vs 43% to share buybacks...

I am shocked.

Good time for those buybacks?
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:33 pm

Due Process:

Hillary Clinton, presidential debate, 9 October 2016: "It's just awfully good that someone with the temperament of Donald Trump is not in charge of the law in our country."

Trump: "Because you'd be in jail."

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:33 pm

scrmbldggs wrote::cry: meany

chronology is too linear . . . we've moved on to gaslighting and quantum tunneling . . . plus it is not fair to point out Trump's gross errors . . .

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:35 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote::cry: meany

chronology is too linear . . . plus it is not fair to point out Trump's gross errors . . .

Ah, that's why it wasn't done much during the campaign...

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:37 pm

ROFL . . . I will never forget watching the news in the evening only to have the network cut away to "breaking news" . . . a Trump rally in some god-forsaken dare I say shithole like central PA . . .

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:42 pm

That was some fake news, eh. :-P

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:34 pm

from NY Times piece on Trump's foot-in-mouth problem:
“For members or anybody else who cares about keeping control of Congress, if you find yourself talking about anything but the middle-class tax cut, shut up and stop talking,” fumed Corry Bliss, who runs the primary House Republican “super PAC,” the Congressional Leadership Fund.

Republicans need to convince skeptical voters, Bliss concedes, that the tax cuts mean manna from heaven; Russia, due process for accused abusers, WH dysfunction, Nunes' memo - all this goes of message and leave skepticism in place.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:51 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:ETA: If Trump succeeds in reining in NSA, even for the bad reasons he has, I won't grieve. That agency is a keg of dynamite with the potential to destroy all of our civil rights and bring in Big Brother.

But Trump doesn't want to rein in the NSA, Fisa courts, surveillance etc; he wants to politicize them further and convert them into instruments of personal loyalty and support. This is not to defend the NSA or any of the rest, just to be realistic about what Trump wants to do.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:54 pm

Kirsten Gillibrand on Trump's complaints about Due Process:
If he wants due process for the over dozen sexual assault allegations against him, let’s have Congressional hearings tomorrow.

Do let's.

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:08 pm

He's probably too egocentric to realize that due process might apply to him.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:22 pm

Hey I think I found out what happened to those creepy USA Kids who sang for Trump's rallies:

https://twitter.com/Nazaire73/status/96 ... om-us.html

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:31 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:He's probably too egocentric to realize that due process might apply to him.

Something not about him? That's a first. :-P

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:17 am

As expected, puppy dog-eyed Paul Ryan is prepared to "fully deal with this debt crisis - it is entitlement reform"... more on the "deficit hawks". :roll:

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Postby ElectricMonk » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:44 am

yep, it's the "entitlement" of the poorest that is the problem...

warfare with words.
I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

Return to “Holocaust Denial”