It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:53 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:. . . vague generalities about the credentials of these "investigators" concealing who they really are and what agenda they have. It's like the medical researchers the tobacco industry used to put up front to makes its case, disingenuously implying that they were disinterested researchers. Come on, Lawrence, you owe us an explanation of who these people are and what their agenda is!

He calls a key informant "Forensicator"; it may well be Chuckie Traynor or some other denier loon trying to master Roberto's mass graves data.
. . . I mean Negative Capability, that is, when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact and reason—Coleridge, for instance, would let go by a fine isolated verisimilitude caught from the Penetralium of mystery, from being incapable of remaining content with half-knowledge. - John Keats, 1817

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:55 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:Like you, I want to know what basis the man had for this claim.

Likely pulled it out of his arse.
. . . I mean Negative Capability, that is, when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact and reason—Coleridge, for instance, would let go by a fine isolated verisimilitude caught from the Penetralium of mystery, from being incapable of remaining content with half-knowledge. - John Keats, 1817

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:02 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:Former CIA agent Phil Mudd talking about Trump on CNN:
Let me give you one bottom line – as a former government official, the government’s gonna kill this guy.

Say wot??!?!?

Maybe he means governing is going to kill Trump. That makes a helluva lot of sense. If nothing else Trump's gonna get tendinitis with all that golfing he does.

No, that too was my first reaction, but no:
Let me give you one bottom line as a former government official. Government is going to kill this guy. He defends Vladimir Putin. There are State Department and CIA officers coming home, and at Langley and Foggy Bottom, CIA and State, they’re saying, 'This is how you defend us?'

Tapper:
Obviously when you’re talking about killing you’re using that as a metaphor.

Mudd:
Well obviously yeah. People talk about the deep state, when you disrespect government officials who’ve done 20 or 30 years, they’re gonna say ‘really – Vladimir Putin sends officers home and you support him before you support us?'

Also:
We saw the same thing in his transgender comments. What is the military saying to him on transgender? 'Show us the policy.' You know what that means inside government? 'Ain’t going to happen.'

And:
What did the Department of Justice say on Paul Manafort? 'You can say what you want, a judge told us we had cause to search his home early in the morning because we don’t trust the guy who was your campaign manager.' The government is going to kill this guy because he doesn't support them.

Who knows?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:03 pm

Kill means kill, regardless of what else it means.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:08 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:...and with Rump's strange response to the ouster of the 755, it's high time that Congress acts...

He seems to think that they were paid by the US but worked for Russia and that Putin fired them, saving the US cash.

Unless Clueless-in-Chief thinks with that job gone (blocked), he can just send them packing with a "Thank you for your service, now get out."

After all, they all are Obama's people.

This is how the genius put it,
I want to thank him because we’re trying to cut down our payroll and as far as I’m concerned I’m very thankful that he let go of a large number of people because now we have a smaller payroll. There’s no real reason for them to go back. I greatly appreciate the fact that we’ve been able to cut our payroll of the United States. We’re going to save a lot of money.

As though Rex and Donny couldn't decide to fire embassy workers? AKAIK they are being reassigned in any event.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:34 pm

That's what I heard, most of them are employed/in service no matter what...

"There’s no real reason for them to go back." - if that means "back to the embassy", it's the part that perplexed me most.

Lard, save me from your followers.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:20 pm

Drop some orange sunshine or blue Owsley - alternatively read this for an amazing head-trip: The Fringe At The Wheel: Inside The Cernovich/McMaster Derp War

@Jeffk, yes, you can read this whilst doing acid . . . no harm in that - and everyone knows how you flow . . . .

(the FP article referenced in the above link is here)

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:51 pm

"This is not politics as usual but rather political warfare at an unprecedented level that is openly engaged in the direct targeting of a seated president through manipulation of the news cycle."

Higgins is talking (projecting) about the Obama years and Faux et al., right?

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:54 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:"This is not politics as usual but rather political warfare at an unprecedented level that is openly engaged in the direct targeting of a seated president through manipulation of the news cycle."

Higgins is talking (projecting) about the Obama years and Faux et al., right?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:02 pm

Cernovich wants to "teach them how to fight and win memetic wars."

Funny thing happened this morning. Searching for 'a funny' and googeling "logic of idiots" (or similar), when I looked at the images, the page was almost nothing but hateful right wing memes aimed at the usual suspects. They sure know how to cook those up and have been at it for many years now. And now the poor snowflakes are ascared someone might use their own strategy...

(However, I also found this. :-P)

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:08 pm

approval polls twitching a bit with the NK situation - Gallup has Trump improving by +2, RCP by half a point, Rasmussen by +6 points . . . stock markets also twitchy but overall down . . .

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:14 pm

Mr Non-Intervention - no longer the policeman of the world, the peace candidate: "We have many options for Venezuela, including a possible military option, if necessary. . . . We don't talk about it. But a military operation, a military option, is certainly something we could pursue."

Venezuela?

. . . wagging two dogs . . .

("We don't talk about it," he says whilst talking about it.)

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:16 pm

Ha ha hate tweet

Grant Stinchfield, a host on the National Rifle Association’s video platform NRATV, said Friday that he was only joking when he suggested North Korea point its missiles at Sacramento instead of the American territory of Guam.

“Let’s send a note to North Korea that Sacramento changed its name to Guam!” Stinchfield wrote, in a tweet that was later deleted.

Besides the usual, I bet NRA sales are down. Since they don't have enough blame and scare tactics going lately...
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:17 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:approval polls twitching a bit with the NK situation - Gallup has Trump improving by +2, RCP by half a point, Rasmussen by +6 points . . . stock markets also twitchy but overall down . . .

As long as we're mentioning Gallup, today they clocked McCain's approval rating as hopping from an avg. 49% among Dems to 71%. Jesus wept. :shock:

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:31 pm

What I really want to know - this is very important - is whether Trump has ruled out a military option for Sweden. Does anyone know? Has he said?

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:34 pm

Dunno. But he has set up a FEMA camp for all returning visitors from there. :-P

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:38 pm

LOL

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:41 pm

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:59 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Everything going well in the Democratic party - here, there and everywhere

{!#%@}:

MSNBC host Joy Reid, who tweeted: "So black Democrats must go begging young white leftists who were not numerous enough to nominate their preferred pick last time?"

Dumbasses:

"So odd, no, that these folks have (it) in for Kamala Harris and Cory Booker,"

Ditto:

"done more damage to people of color than anyone who has ever donned a hood" because of her support for teachers unions.

Seriously, absolutely the wrong time for this back biting BS.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:05 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
TJrandom wrote:It really is long past time for the 25th to be invoked…

I know. Sometimes I think the US Constitution is our version of the Trojans' Cassandra. It solves the problem, but nobody will listen.

But someone is talking...

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:30 am

Seems I'm not the only one asking Who's foots the bull?

:hmm: I think I wanted this vid...

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:34 am

Working it in the great wide open - will it succeed? In bringing itself down...

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Dear [Salutation][First Name]

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:54 am

So, Wisconsin, per StatMech's recent report, appears to be still solidly for the Trump-Ryan-Walker troika/trimvirate/whatever. Perhaps this will shake a few of them loose. I hope so.
"Reserve a part of your wrath ; you have not seen the worst yet. You suppose that this war has been a criminal blunder and an exceptional horror ; you imagine that before long reason will prevail, and all these inferior people that govern the world will be swept aside, and your own party will reform everything and remain always in office. You are mistaken."

George Santayana, "Tipperary" (1918)

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:05 am

scrmbldggs wrote:Working it in the great wide open - will it succeed? In bringing itself down...

That Higgins memo is the DEEPEST pile of dogshit I've ever smelled. His head is so twisted he opens wine bottles with it.
"Reserve a part of your wrath ; you have not seen the worst yet. You suppose that this war has been a criminal blunder and an exceptional horror ; you imagine that before long reason will prevail, and all these inferior people that govern the world will be swept aside, and your own party will reform everything and remain always in office. You are mistaken."

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:12 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:So, Wisconsin, per StatMech's recent report, appears to be still solidly for the Trump-Ryan-Walker troika/trimvirate/whatever. Perhaps this will shake a few of them loose. I hope so.

Interestingly, the bill to pass the welfare proposals, which are applicable only to Foxconn, is being questioned by Republican legislators in WI. From MY Times article earlier in the week:
In Madison, the state capital, a legislative package that includes taxpayer-funded incentives for Foxconn has drawn questions from skeptical lawmakers; on Thursday, Scott Fitzgerald, the leader of the Republican-controlled state Senate, said he did not know if he had the votes to approve it in its current form.

His fellow senators have been asking questions about the state’s spending on the project and the tax credits it will offer, he said in an interview. “We want to see milestones, or certainly some kind of schedule on the job creation,” said Mr. Fitzgerald.

The latest blow to the project came this week from the state Legislative Fiscal Bureau, a nonpartisan agency that analyzes legislation for lawmakers, which found that Wisconsin taxpayers would not recoup their investment in Foxconn until at least 2043 — a conclusion that alarmed both Democrats and fiscal conservatives.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:14 am

Hey, I've found Ian!!! (500-1000 teenaged and 20-something racists, neo-Nazis, and WNs are expected at this weekend's Charlottesville rally to protest the injustice to whites in this country - they can no longer own slaves, people of color can vote, black people can shop in regular stores and the like, you're no longer allowed to torch mosques or club the {!#%@} out of Muslims you see, a black guy was head of the joint chiefs of staff, a Kenyan was even made president . . . when will it stop?)
Last edited by Statistical Mechanic on Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:16 am

That's a great website I didn't know about. Thanks for the link. I'll be going there frequently. I especially like the "Ask God" feature.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:17 am

Meanwhile, public discourse in the US settles down with all sides reaffirming their shared ground and commitment to working things out: case in point, Chelsea Handler tweeted this plea for dialogue:
To all the generals surrounding our idiot-in-chief...the longer U wait to remove him, the longer UR name will appear negatively in history.

and even weighed in on the 1st amendment:
2 Chinese guys were arrested in Berlin for making nazi salutes. Wouldn't it be nice 2 have laws here for people who think racism is funny?

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:27 am

OTOH thank the Lord and hallelujah for the national Republican party, which is coming to its senses and will protect this republic from Trumpism and its lunatic hard-core - by offering thoughtful, courageous candidates for 2018 - no more wingnuts! - Jeff_36 saw this kind of Republican sanity prevailing, I admit that I didn't

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:57 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Hey, I've found Ian!!! (500-1000 teenaged and 20-something racists, neo-Nazis, and WNs are expected at this weekend's Charlottesville rally to protest the injustice to whites in this country - they can no longer own slaves, people of color can vote, black people can shop in regular stores and the like, you're no longer allowed to torch mosques or club the {!#%@} out of Muslims you see, a black guy was head of the joint chiefs of staff, a Kenyan was even made president . . . when will it stop?)

Ya missed a few... drinking fountains, bus seating, swimming pools, even diners... all shared now. What is the world coming to? :roll:

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:40 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:Working it in the great wide open - will it succeed? In bringing itself down...

That Higgins memo is the DEEPEST pile of dogshit I've ever smelled. His head is so twisted he opens wine bottles with it.

discussed it yesterday with a friend who had an observation I hadn't thought of: no way Trump read through that melange of pseudo-theory and half-baked ideology; best scenario we could come up with is that Jr basically told Dad that a staffer at NSC had written a memo laying out how everyone's out to get him and the staffer who wrote said memo had been shit-canned by Mus-symp McMaster . . .

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:48 pm

Trumpty on Friday: “We have many options for Venezuela. And by the way, I’m not gonna rule out a military option. We’re all over the world, and we have troops all over the world, in places that are very, very far away. Venezuela is not very far away . . "

DOD spokesperson later Friday: "Any insinuations by the Maduro regime that we are planning an invasion are baseless."

Facking Maduro, making crap up and spreading fake news . . .

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: His Beatitude

Postby ElectricMonk » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:51 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Trumpty on Friday: “We have many options for Venezuela. And by the way, I’m not gonna rule out a military option. We’re all over the world, and we have troops all over the world, in places that are very, very far away. Venezuela is not very far away . . "

DOD spokesperson later Friday: "Any insinuations by the Maduro regime that we are planning an invasion are baseless."

Facking Maduro, making crap up and spreading fake news . . .

https://youtu.be/pug0zzqDg1A
I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Postby Jeff_36 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:53 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:

discussed it yesterday with a friend who had an observation I hadn't thought of: no way Trump read through that melange of pseudo-theory and half-baked ideology; best scenario we could come up with is that Jr basically told Dad that a staffer at NSC had written a memo laying out how everyone's out to get him and the staffer who wrote said memo had been shit-canned by Mus-symp McMaster . . .

Guys....... I am reading the Higgins memo right now and all I can say is that the very idea of this guy working for the NSC is horrifying on a level unimaginable. The fact that this is considered somewhat expected right now just goes to show that this Presidency is rapidly coming off the rails.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:54 pm

EM's post:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:55 pm

Jeff_36 wrote:. . . just goes to show that this Presidency is rapidly coming off the rails.

It started off the rails, in fact, not even close to the rails . . .

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:59 pm

. . . b-b-b-b-but the threat to the security of the US and the liberty of our people presented by Venezuela is being taken care of, believe me, like never before, Americans will be great again, and Eddie Calvo, suck-up governor of Guam, I have to say, he's going to be extremely famous, all over the world they’re talking about Guam and they’re talking about Eddie, so it's going to work out fine, and tourism in Guam, I gotta say, it is going to be the best tourism ever

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Postby Jeff_36 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:05 pm

Jeff_36 wrote:. . . just goes to show that this Presidency is rapidly coming off the rails.

It started off the rails, in fact, not even close to the rails . . .

....What I means was that the Administration may simply implode in the coming weeks/months, thus triggering a special election. I'm beginning to think that Impeachment might not even be necessary - The President and his team have clearly lost the ability to govern the American people, and the country is at a major risk of plunging into anarchy.

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Postby Jeff_36 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:19 pm

President Trump reportedly saw the memo, approved of it, and was dissapointed to find out that Higgins had been fired..................

Serious question: Is Armageddon in the cards before the end of summer? Because this little tidbit has exceeded my previously held assessment of Trump's insanity and imbecility (which was not favorable if you recall).

This would be terrifying enough news if the world was not teetering in the brink of nuclear war like it is, but considering the standoff with North Korea, and the explicit threats made to American sovereignty, it is nothing short of a call to arms directed at the sane adults in the US government. I am now very strongly of the opinion that the so called "Deep State" should use all available fulcrums and utilities at its disposal to remove Trump from office before the war to come. He simply cannot be trusted to be a crisis President.

Return to “Holocaust Denial”