It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri May 19, 2017 12:07 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Dystopian musing. Part I. Part II.

My bets are on - besides Flynn - the horse whisperer and the Keebler Elf are toast.
Hi, Io the lurker.

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Fri May 19, 2017 12:46 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:I think you posted about this already, StatMech, right? Senators told of broadening Russia investigation

According to lawmakers, Rosenstein confirmed that the bureau’s investigation into Russian interference in the election is no longer strictly a counterintelligence investigation — a kind of probe that does not normally result in charges — but also a criminal one.

Yes, quoting Lindsey Graham, although he was less clear than The Hill's statement.

A little more:

From Rod Rosenstein's order: "If the Special Counsel believes it is necessary and appropriate, the Special Counsel is authorized to prosecute federal crimes arising from the investigation of these matters."

From 28 U.S.C. § 600.1:
Grounds for appointing a Special Counsel.
The Attorney General, or in cases in which the Attorney General is recused, the Acting Attorney General, will appoint a Special Counsel when he or she determines that criminal investigation of a person or matter is warranted and -
(a) That investigation or prosecution of that person or matter by a United States Attorney's Office or litigating Division of the Department of Justice would present a conflict of interest for the Department or other extraordinary circumstances; and
(b) That under the circumstances, it would be in the public interest to appoint an outside Special Counsel to assume responsibility for the matter.

I don't see how this appointment is not about a criminal investigation. In fact, not counter-intelligence but criminal matters seem to be both the ground for and primary focus of Mueller's appointment.

My magic eight ball sees a grand jury in the not too distant future....

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri May 19, 2017 12:54 am

Trump's paper trail, so to speak:
President Trump called the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, weeks after he took office and asked him when federal authorities were going to put out word that Mr. Trump was not personally under investigation, according to two people briefed on the call. . . .

The day after the Flynn conversation, Reince Priebus, the White House chief of staff, asked Mr. Comey to help push back on reports in the news media that Mr. Trump’s associates had been in contact with Russian intelligence officials during the campaign.

Mr. Comey described all of his contacts with the president and the White House — including the phone call from Mr. Trump — in detailed memos he wrote at the time and gave to his aides. . . .

Mr. Comey has spoken privately of his concerns that the contacts from Mr. Trump and his aides were inappropriate, and how he felt compelled to resist them. . . .

This article goes on to quote Ben Wittes, of Lawfare Blog and Brookings, on concerns which Comey brought to him (the men are friends) about Trump's behavior and the pressure for loyalty brought to bear on Comey. At one now famous White House ceremony, according to Witte,
Mr. Comey — who is 6 feet 8 inches tall and was wearing a dark blue suit that day – . . . tried to blend in with the blue curtains in the back of the room, in the hopes that Mr. Trump would not spot him and call him out.

“He thought he had gotten through and not been noticed or singled out and that he was going to get away without an individual interaction,” Mr. Wittes said Mr. Comey told him.

But Mr. Trump spotted Mr. Comey and called him out.

“Oh and there’s Jim,” Mr. Trump said. “He’s become more famous than me.”

With an abashed look on his face, Mr. Comey walked up to Mr. Trump.

“Comey said that as he was walking across the room he was determined that there wasn’t going to be a hug,” Mr. Wittes said. “It was bad enough there was going to be a handshake. And Comey has long arms so Comey said he pre-emptively reached out for a handshake and grabbed the president’s hand. But Trump pulled him into an embrace and Comey didn’t reciprocate. If you look at the video, it’s one person shaking hands and another hugging.”
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

- Rudolf Hess, letter, 1927

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri May 19, 2017 1:05 am

IIRC, it looked more like he wanted to plant that kiss he first blew across the room to Comey. :roll:

I have a question about this
President Trump called the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, weeks after he took office and asked him when federal authorities were going to put out word that Mr. Trump was not personally under investigation, according to two people briefed on the call. . . .

When was the fact that there was an investigation first known? If Trump wasn't briefed on such (which I also am in the dark about), how did he know that there was one for him to be concerned about? From what they heard about Flynn? But they didn't - or so they say...
Hi, Io the lurker.

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Fri May 19, 2017 1:10 am

scrmbldggs wrote:IIRC, it looked more like he wanted to plant that kiss he first blew across the room to Comey. :roll:

I have a question about this

When was the fact that there was an investigation first known? If Trump wasn't briefed on such (which I also am in the dark about), how did he know that there was one for him to be concerned about? From what they heard about Flynn? But they didn't - or so they say...

If not before, they should have known almost from day one: although there was a story out that Comey revealed this in December (or at least post election) and was criticized for not having revealed it prior to as with HRC.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri May 19, 2017 1:10 am

Ben Wittes' own take, in Lawfare Blog: "What James Comey Told Me About Donald Trump".

All this indicates that, about the time Comey thought he'd gotten Trump to understand his role, including the Russia investigation, Trump became exasperated with Comey's independence - and thus decided to fire him.
Last edited by Statistical Mechanic on Fri May 19, 2017 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri May 19, 2017 1:12 am

Xcalibur wrote:If not before, they should have known almost from day one: although there was a story out that Comey revealed this in December (or at least post election) and was criticized for not having revealed it prior to as with HRC.

That's my recollection, that it had begun during the campaign and Comey was criticized for keeping it, but not other matters, quiet.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri May 19, 2017 1:17 am

Maddow just featured the Times'/Wittes story. She first interviewed Michael Schmidt, the reporter. Then Matt Miller, former DOJ spokesperson, and she discussed a very intriguing question: did Rod Rosenstein know about Comey's concerns with the pressure Trump, Priebus, and the "White House" were putting on him? If so, Rosenstein is really on dubious ethical ground - and the Mueller appointment doesn't even make up for the memo, IMO: in fact, he appointed Mueller because of his memo was indefensible. If Rosenstein knew about Comey's predicament, well, the word Dolchstoß comes to mind.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri May 19, 2017 1:23 am

They're all in on it and I'm waiting for the plot to be revealed and all the actors to join hands an bow... the good ones, I mean.
Hi, Io the lurker.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri May 19, 2017 1:28 am

Maddow is now doing the Reuters Victor Medvedchuk/18 contacts story, will be interviewing the reporter.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri May 19, 2017 1:29 am

Tired of desperate for winning?

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/s ... are-repeal wrote:
A top official in the Health and Human Services Department allegedly suggested that if insurers supported the House GOP Obamacare repeal bill, the administration would continue funding subsidies that President Trump has threatened to halt that keep out-of-pocket costs down for low income consumers, the Los Angeles Times reported.

The offer — said to have been put forward by Seema Verma, the Trump-appointed administrator of the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare (pictured above) — left insurance industry officials “stunned,” the newspaper said.

“It made no sense,” one of the officials told the Times.
Hi, Io the lurker.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri May 19, 2017 1:34 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4NfDOFW5Ic

@ 5:15-5:55 Mike Pence tells an outright lie to Chris Wallace, 15 January 2017

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri May 19, 2017 1:35 am

scrmbldggs wrote:Tired of desperate for winning?

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/s ... are-repeal wrote:
A top official in the Health and Human Services Department allegedly suggested that if insurers supported the House GOP Obamacare repeal bill, the administration would continue funding subsidies that President Trump has threatened to halt that keep out-of-pocket costs down for low income consumers, the Los Angeles Times reported.

The offer — said to have been put forward by Seema Verma, the Trump-appointed administrator of the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare (pictured above) — left insurance industry officials “stunned,” the newspaper said.

“It made no sense,” one of the officials told the Times.

LA Times story here: http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-p ... story.html

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri May 19, 2017 1:50 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4NfDOFW5Ic

@ 5:15-5:55 Mike Pence tells an outright lie to Chris Wallace, 15 January 2017

...and ah yeah, the transition team....

Cummings Requests Documents Relating to Michael Flynn’s Apparent Conflicts of Interest:

November 18, 2016

The Honorable Mike Pence
Vice President-Elect
Presidential Transition Office
1800 F Street NW
Washington, DC 20006

Dear Vice President-Elect Pence:

I am writing to raise questions about the apparent conflicts of interest of the Vice Chairman of the Presidential Transition Team, retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, who reportedly has been selected by the President-elect to be his National Security Advisor.

Recent news reports have revealed that Lt. Gen. Flynn was receiving classified briefings during the presidential campaign while his consulting firm, Flynn Intel Group, Inc., was being paid to lobby the U.S. Government on behalf of a foreign government’s interests. Lt. Gen. Flynn’s General Counsel and Principal, Robert Kelley, confirmed that they were hired by a foreign company to lobby for Turkish interests, stating: “They want to keep posted on what we all want to be informed of: the present situation, the transition between President Obama and President-Elect Trump.” When asked whether the firm had been hired because of Lt. Gen. Flynn’s close ties to President-elect Trump, Mr. Kelley responded, “I hope so.”

Flynn Intel Group apparently was hired by a company whose founder, Kamil Ekim Alptekin, is the Chairman of the Turkish-American Business Council, represents Turkey in the Board of the United States Nowruz Commission, and reportedly helped organize the Turkish President’s 2016 visit to Washington, D.C. Mr. Ekim Alptekin has described himself as being “committed to boosting Transatlantic trade and bolstering the commercial angle of decades-long Turkish-American partnership.”

On Election Day, November 8, 2016, Lt. Gen. Flynn published an op-ed in The Hill advocating on behalf of the government of Turkey, entitled: “Our Ally Turkey Is In Crisis and Needs Our Support.” In that op-ed, Lt. Gen. Flynn wrote: “The U.S. media is doing a bang-up job of reporting the Erdogan government’s crackdown on dissidents, but it’s not putting it into perspective.” He also wrote: “We need to adjust our foreign policy to recognize Turkey as a priority. We need to see the world from Turkey’s perspective.”

Lt. Gen. Flynn also was paid to travel to Moscow in December 2015 and join Vladimir Putin at the head table during a dinner honoring the Kremlin-backed media network RT. During the event, Lt. Gen. Flynn gave a speech that was highly critical of the United States, stating, “The United States can’t sit there and say, ‘Russia, you’re bad.’” Lt. Gen. Flynn has stated that he was paid by his speaker’s bureau, LAI, but he has not disclosed how much he made or what entity hired LAI.

Lt. Gen. Flynn’s involvement in advising Mr. Trump on matters relating to Turkey or Russia—including attending classified briefings on those matters—could violate the Trump for America, Inc. Code of Ethical Conduct, which states:

I will disqualify myself from involvement in any particular transition matter which to my knowledge may directly conflict with a financial interest of mine, my spouse, minor child, partner, client or other individual or organization with which I have a business or close personal relationship. Where there is no such direct conflict, but there may be an appearance of a conflict, I will address this issue for resolution to the TFA General Counsel. I currently have no knowledge of any such conflicts.

In addition, a Memorandum of Understanding signed on November 8, 2016, by the former Chair of the Transition Team, Chris Christie, and White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough requires that in order to obtain non-public information, including classified information, the Transition Team must:

Require the Transition Team member to sign a statement representing that, to the member’s knowledge, he or she has no financial interest or imputed financial interest that would be directly and predictably affected by a particular matter to which the information is pertinent.

The Memorandum of Understanding also requires the Transition Team to ensure that each member “has agreed to abide by the Transition’s Code of Ethical Conduct, and has thereby represented that he or she has no conflict of interest that precludes the individual from working on the matters the individual has been assigned to work on with the EOP or relevant Department or Agency.”

In order to address this issue, I request that you provide the following information by November 28, 2016:

1) a copy of Lt. Gen. Flynn’s signed Trump for America, Inc., Code of Ethical Conduct;

2) a copy of any other signed statement by Lt. Gen. Flynn representing that he does not have a financial conflicts of interest provided either to the campaign or to the Transition Team;

3) a copy of any information provided by Lt. Gen Flynn to the Transition Team in order to determine his business clients and to vet any potential financial conflicts of interest; and

4) a copy of the Memorandum of Understanding Regarding Transition Procedures, signed by you as the Designated Chair of the Team.

I appreciate your prompt attention to this serious matter.

Sincerely,

Elijah E. Cummings
Ranking Member

cc: The Honorable Jason Chaffetz
Hi, Io the lurker.

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Fri May 19, 2017 1:51 am

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri May 19, 2017 2:08 am

Nice article.

He wants to be more famous than Nixon? :pardon:
Hi, Io the lurker.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri May 19, 2017 2:12 am

Maroon 5? LOL

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri May 19, 2017 2:18 am

...and he's scared to death about his trip where he won't have his rally crowds handy... or any 'murican crowds...

(he might also fear he'll be turned away on the return trip :-P)
Hi, Io the lurker.

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Fri May 19, 2017 2:26 am

scrmbldggs wrote:Nice article.

He wants to be more famous than Nixon? :pardon:

i found that bizarre.... then so much in the last 2 years.... :shock:

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Fri May 19, 2017 2:29 am

scrmbldggs wrote:...and he's scared to death about his trip where he won't have his rally crowds handy... or any 'murican crowds...

(he might also fear he'll be turned away on the return trip :-P)

And just wait until he starts in Islam at dinner.... we'll be in shooting war with the Saudis by Sunday...

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri May 19, 2017 2:33 am

:hmm: Maybe he'll get a tummy ache...

(please please please please please please please please please please please...)
Hi, Io the lurker.

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Fri May 19, 2017 2:36 am

scrmbldggs wrote::hmm: Maybe he'll get a tummy ache...

My wife, doing needlepoint over in the corner: " He's very disturbed. Probably scared of a strange toilet.".

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri May 19, 2017 2:36 am

:lol:
Hi, Io the lurker.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri May 19, 2017 2:40 am

Will he make good on his promise if they don't give him a grand stairway? He always can come back home and descent here...
Hi, Io the lurker.

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Fri May 19, 2017 2:44 am

scrmbldggs wrote:Will he make good on his promise if they don't give him a grand stairway? He always can come back home and descent here...

What would be {!#%@} brill is if the Saudis put a white stallion at the foot of the ramp from AF 1.... and expect thaat fat slob to ride it triumphally through the street of Rhyad (sp?),....

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri May 19, 2017 2:47 am

:rotfl:

...will he try to go topless? :lol:

Before and after he got on that horse

Spoiler:
Hi, Io the lurker.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri May 19, 2017 10:27 am

Xcalibur wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote::hmm: Maybe he'll get a tummy ache...

My wife, doing needlepoint over in the corner: " He's very disturbed. Probably scared of a strange toilet.".

LOL

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: He Who Usually Means Well

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Fri May 19, 2017 10:32 am

Xcalibur wrote:http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/paul-ryan-sets-google-news-alert-for-the-moment-when-trump-becomes-unpopular-enough-to-betray?mbid=social_facebook

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"A general conversion among the boys was once effected by the late excellent Mr. Fletcher: one poor boy only excepted, who unfortunately resisted the influence of the Holy Spirit, for which he was severely flogged; which did not fail of the desired effect, and impressed proper notions of religion on his mind."

James Lackington, Memoirs of the First Forty-five Years of the Life of James Lackington, the Present Bookseller

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Fri May 19, 2017 10:38 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:The second nice touch is more worrisome for Ryan IMO. There were not many people in that confab, a handful of bigwigs and their aides. Someone from that group told the WaPo about what was said and the tape. That's ugly . . . and it is "family" in the dysfunctional sense :) But who will be telling which media organization what next?

more on this

I've been wondering about this also. WHO taped that meeting and leaked it?
"A general conversion among the boys was once effected by the late excellent Mr. Fletcher: one poor boy only excepted, who unfortunately resisted the influence of the Holy Spirit, for which he was severely flogged; which did not fail of the desired effect, and impressed proper notions of religion on his mind."

James Lackington, Memoirs of the First Forty-five Years of the Life of James Lackington, the Present Bookseller

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri May 19, 2017 10:42 am

Krugmanon the nature of the Republican party:
The fact that the G.O.P. is a party of apparatchiks was one crucial factor in last year’s election. Why did Marine Le Pen, often portrayed as the French equivalent of Trump, lose by a huge margin? Because France’s conservatives were only willing to go so far; they simply would not support a candidate whose motives and qualifications they distrusted. Republicans, however, went all in behind Trump, knowing full well that he was totally unqualified, strongly suspecting that he was corrupt and even speculating that he might be in Russian pay, simply because there was an “R” after his name on the ballot.

His argument is overstated: there does exist a handful of talking heads who are/were #nevertrump Republicans and who appear on TV regularly and write opinion columns.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Fri May 19, 2017 10:44 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Totally agree, that's why I added a comment to this post, which I meant as a joke, that stability this week surprises me. I'd been hoping that solid core was below 35%. IIRC Nixon got into the low 20s and W into the high 20s. That's what I'm looking for! The past two weeks will probably have revealed the floor - pending disasters.

I think we just have to wait for the economy to tank. But, with Trump addressing a Muslim audience this week, he'll be walking on a razor's edge. He HAS to say nice things about Islam and smooth over all the nasty things he has said in the past. The phrase "Islamic terrorism" was one he was proud to say out loud, the only politician who dared to do so. Now he's got to walk that back VERRRYY carefully. And in doing so, he's going to offend his base.

But the interesting part of the trip will be the European part, where they will have to spirit him into his meetings by landing a helicopter on the roof of a high building in order to keep protesters away from him.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri May 19, 2017 10:44 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:The second nice touch is more worrisome for Ryan IMO. There were not many people in that confab, a handful of bigwigs and their aides. Someone from that group told the WaPo about what was said and the tape. That's ugly . . . and it is "family" in the dysfunctional sense :) But who will be telling which media organization what next?

more on this

I've been wondering about this also. WHO taped that meeting and leaked it?

Breitbart says it is definitely Evan McMullen. They use unkind language about him. But not knowing for sure must unsettle these guys a lot. Is there more to come? That transcript - forget joke or not - is a very ugly thing for Ryan and the boys: they sound like a parody of cheap hustlers dividing the loot after knocking over a candy store.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Fri May 19, 2017 10:45 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Krugmanon the nature of the Republican party:
The fact that the G.O.P. is a party of apparatchiks was one crucial factor in last year’s election. Why did Marine Le Pen, often portrayed as the French equivalent of Trump, lose by a huge margin? Because France’s conservatives were only willing to go so far; they simply would not support a candidate whose motives and qualifications they distrusted. Republicans, however, went all in behind Trump, knowing full well that he was totally unqualified, strongly suspecting that he was corrupt and even speculating that he might be in Russian pay, simply because there was an “R” after his name on the ballot.

His argument is overstated: there does exist a handful of talking heads who are/were #nevertrump Republicans and who appear on TV regularly and write opinion columns.

Yes. Charles Krauthammer comes to mind.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Fri May 19, 2017 10:47 am

scrmbldggs wrote:'Is' is the operative word here? He's talking about today?

Having now several times watched video of Trump's saying “There is no collusion between certainly myself and my campaign, but I can always speak for myself and the Russians, zero,” I take the statement, with its bewildering syntax, as Trump's near-confession: the coordination and collusion during my campaign didn't involve "myself" with the Russians; I am now throwing others under the bus, ha ha.

Like all Trump statements, it sticks in the ear and refuses to go into the mind. He must have meant "only" instead of "always," in which case your interpretation is the only possible one.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri May 19, 2017 10:49 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:Totally agree, that's why I added a comment to this post, which I meant as a joke, that stability this week surprises me. I'd been hoping that solid core was below 35%. IIRC Nixon got into the low 20s and W into the high 20s. That's what I'm looking for! The past two weeks will probably have revealed the floor - pending disasters.

I think we just have to wait for the economy to tank.

Or the special elections to go against the R's. Long shot I think but if it happened, ouch.

Upton_O_Goode wrote:But, with Trump addressing a Muslim audience this week, he'll be walking on a razor's edge.

He's walking on a razor's edge even in Israel! That's an accomplishment for an R who is a FOB (friend of Bibi).

Upton_O_Goode wrote: And in doing so, he's going to offend his base.

He counts on their watching only certain news outlets . . .

Upton_O_Goode wrote:But the interesting part of the trip will be the European part, where they will have to spirit him into his meetings by landing a helicopter on the roof of a high building in order to keep protesters away from him.

They didn't take him up on his offer of bringing Erdogan's boys along with him to each stop, eh?

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri May 19, 2017 10:51 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:Charles Krauthammer comes to mind.

I was thinking of Steve Schmidt, er Evan McMullen, David Frum, Anna Navarro, and Rick Wilson as the ones I see repeatedly. But they have almost no rank and file or leadership presence in the R party. PS Charles Sykes, too.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Fri May 19, 2017 10:54 am

scrmbldggs wrote:There's a spy, tho...

At this point, they might as well be playing Notre Dame with the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. It wouldn't do any good to have a spy inside their huddle. In fact, they were famous for announcing out loud that "We're coming through THERE!"

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Fri May 19, 2017 11:00 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Dystopian musing. Part I. Part II.

So the end-game begins. And it's scary as hell.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri May 19, 2017 11:00 am

NY Times editorial echoing yesterday's LA Times story on the damage already done to healthcare by Trump and the GOP, before Congress enacts anything. I would put it a little more strongly and say outright that Trump and his party are midway into a purposeful effort to wreck Obamacare.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri May 19, 2017 11:08 am

FWIW polling on Trump's intelligence gaffe is very bad for him. Possibility that voters lean "traditional" on foreign policy and are less willing to trade off Bannon/Trump foreign policy for nirvana in the form of tax cuts, etc than Ryan, McConnell, and the rest.

Return to “Holocaust Denial”