It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:46 am

at last . . .

- Nicole Simpson's killer
- the Reichstag Fire co-conspirators
- Geli Raubel's murderer
- the killer of JonBenet Ramsey
- the man who knows where Hoffa was buried
- Olof Palme's shooter

. . . unmasked!

John Dowd done it!
. . . I mean Negative Capability, that is, when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact and reason—Coleridge, for instance, would let go by a fine isolated verisimilitude caught from the Penetralium of mystery, from being incapable of remaining content with half-knowledge. - John Keats, 1817

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:02 am

Orrin Hatch during the Senate debate on the tax bill was challenged about CHIP. He said, in part, “. . . the reason Chip’s having trouble is because we don’t have money anymore. . . .”

Which explains how the Congress spending $1-2tn on tax cuts going mainly to the affluent and to corporations?
. . . I mean Negative Capability, that is, when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact and reason—Coleridge, for instance, would let go by a fine isolated verisimilitude caught from the Penetralium of mystery, from being incapable of remaining content with half-knowledge. - John Keats, 1817

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:04 am

He thought Chip was the name of Donald Trump's lawyer's nephew. Chip Dowd.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:10 am

got some grief for saying any politician who sides with the rump ; should be brought to justice .
guessing will be the same here .

side note about nazism - wonder how much 2000 years of roman Catholicism contributed to creating a sub species of Europeans who cant dance ?
for the real minority ; there will be no justice , there will be no peace .
makes sense 2me , so it has 2be wrong .

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:21 am

Houston, we have a problem.

This thread now has 17,644 posts. Trump has been in office for 317 days. That calculates to 55 posts a day, give or take. If things continue as they have, the thread will have over 20,000 posts at the 1 year mark. That is absurd. God help us.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:22 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:got some grief for saying any politician who sides with the rump ; should be brought to justice .
guessing will be the same here .

Not really.

side note about nazism - wonder how much 2000 years of roman Catholicism contributed to creating a sub species of Europeans who cant dance ?

I don’t believe in separate species of humans, sub or otherwise.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:24 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Houston, we have a problem.

This thread now has 17,644 posts. Trump has been in office for 317 days. That calculates to 55 posts a day, give or take. If things continue as they have, the thread will have over 20,000 posts at the 1 year mark. That is absurd. God help us.

Yeah, remember the good old days when all we had to deal with was David’s stupidity, Jim’s craziness and the moronic Monstrous?

I miss those days.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:28 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote: .....wonder how much 2000 years of roman Catholicism contributed to creating a sub species of Europeans who cant dance ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI6EcJ7ksms

If it's one thing I hate more than neo-nazis, it's Liturgical Dancers. :D

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:37 am

A bit of a contrarian (optimistic when it comes to voters) take on where we're at, from EJ Dionne:
One salutary outcome of this episode is that Trump showed how nonsensical were the widely repeated assertions that he was outside the Republican mainstream. We now know he is just a flamboyantly clownish and unconscionably mean version of an old-fashioned corporate conservative.

There is not an authentically populist bone in this billionaire’s body. He regularly demonstrates his utter contempt for working people by treating them as rubes. He seems to think that racist gestures and malicious comments about immigrants and Muslims will distract working-class voters from how far he is tilting government away from their interests and toward those of his family and his rich friends.

Trump and his party will learn how many of the Americans they are taking for granted are much smarter than this and know when someone is selling them out — because, sadly, it’s something they are familiar with.

. . . But don’t count on Republican politicians abandoning Trump quickly now that their tax victory is in sight. They and the president have a lot more in common than either side wants to admit. The primary loyalty they share is not to God or country or republican virtue. It is to the private accumulation of money, and this is a bond not easily broken.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:57 am

Charles Grassley explains why many Americans are struggling economically (bear with Mr Grassley as it's not exactly a populist line of thinking): "I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing, as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies."

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:16 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Charles Grassley explains why many Americans are struggling economically (bear with Mr Grassley as it's not exactly a populist line of thinking): "I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing, as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies."

I resent that. I'm heavily invested in fast women and slow horses. :lol:

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Dear [Salutation][First Name]

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:14 pm

Words are a politician's weapon, and Lindsey Graham just fell on his sword.
"Reserve a part of your wrath ; you have not seen the worst yet. You suppose that this war has been a criminal blunder and an exceptional horror ; you imagine that before long reason will prevail, and all these inferior people that govern the world will be swept aside, and your own party will reform everything and remain always in office. You are mistaken."

George Santayana, "Tipperary" (1918)

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:16 pm

The ever-changing story about President John Dowd's tweet:

John Dowd to AXIOS: the “President cannot obstruct justice because he is the chief law enforcement officer ... and has every right to express his view of any case.”
Last edited by Statistical Mechanic on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:21 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Charles Grassley explains why many Americans are struggling economically (bear with Mr Grassley as it's not exactly a populist line of thinking): "I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing, as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies."

Gee, Chuck, tell us the rest of it: How all those poor people are just a bunch of shiftless, lazy bastards, who didn't have the initiative to go out and inherit a real estate business. How all those women seeking abortions are sluts who deliberately went out and got themselves raped and now demand the right to kill the fetus. How people who are concerned about climate change and other environmental issues are a bunch of Commie pedophile drug addicts who hate capitalism...

Seriously, Chuck. Why aren't people investing instead of buying shoes for their children and helping to pay their aged parents' heating bills? Seriously, Chuck, you're a slimy son of a bitch, a total waste of oxygen.
Last edited by Upton_O_Goode on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Reserve a part of your wrath ; you have not seen the worst yet. You suppose that this war has been a criminal blunder and an exceptional horror ; you imagine that before long reason will prevail, and all these inferior people that govern the world will be swept aside, and your own party will reform everything and remain always in office. You are mistaken."

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:31 pm

John Dowd (mis)clarifies further: he said Sunday that at the time Pence was supposedly misled by Flynn, Trump had been told (by WH counsel Don McGahn) that Flynn had lied to the FBI. That is, before Trump's attempt to get Comey to see “his way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go.” According, now, to Dowd's rather confused new time line.

McGahn, according to Dowd, had been informed of Flynn's lying by Sally Yates, which Yates has also testified to. But Yates did not tell McGahn, as Dowd tried putting it on Sunday, that Flynn gave the same story to Pence and to the FBI; in fact, when McGahn asked Yates about Flynn's FBI interview, Yates "declined to answer." On this issue, WaPo quotes an unnamed WH staffer:
“There was never a meeting I was in when someone said, ‘Oh, Flynn lied to the FBI; we have to deal with it,’” said the official, who requested anonymity to speak candidly. “It was, ‘We don’t know if he’s telling the truth or not.’ And then, ‘Okay, he’s not telling us the truth.’”

This piece is behind a paywall but it is worth reading as it shows Dowd digging the hole which the so-called president dug for himself with his his tweet Saturday even deeper. The stories are not making sense.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:34 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
psychiatry is a scam wrote: .....wonder how much 2000 years of roman Catholicism contributed to creating a sub species of Europeans who cant dance ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI6EcJ7ksms

If it's one thing I hate more than neo-nazis, it's Liturgical Dancers. :D

Hmm, well, I have a soft place in my heart for any woman who even slightly resembles Nicole Kidman, as this one does. She seems at least moderately competent at standard ballet moves. The problem I have is twofold: First, this is called "Revelation". OK, what is the story line? Is this St. Paul's version of the Rapture, from one of his letters to the Corinthians? It doesn't appear to be the Lake of Fire, or any of the Four Horsemen or any of the Seven Last Plagues. But I'm a total philistine about ballet. I NEVER understand how the dance moves are supposed to tell a story. So let that go.

But second, where the hell is this taking place? The American flag on the wall and the stage suggest to me it's in some high school auditorium/gymnasium combination. It might be a Catholic parochial school, although in that case I would expect a crucifix on the wall somewhere and the Stations of the Cross. So, I'm guessing it's evangelical, in some suburban American community where school and Protestantism are still not separate.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:47 pm

Balmoral95 wrote:

I resent that. I'm heavily invested in fast women and slow horses. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

I see, in the vein of Hercule Poirot's sidekick Col. Hastings, who bet on a horse that "started at five to one and came in at half past two."

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:14 pm

Marc Short, Trump's legislative director, is explaining Trump's “enhanced” support for Judge Moore in Alabama (a candidate who has not weighed in on the tax bill AFAIK) as “making the point that it is one of our best opportunities for tax relief, tax relief that many Democrats had said they thought the idea of reforming our corporate code made sense, we couldn’t muster any support from Democrats on a plan that provides massive tax relief for middle income families.” That is, er, the tax cuts which the Republicans have already shown they have the votes to pass?!?!?!

He compounded the idiocy by adding - recall that Short previously said that Trump believed the women accusing Moore of pedophilia (if Trump “did not believe that the women’s accusations were credible, he would be down campaigning for Roy Moore,” said Short a couple weeks ago) - that the voters of Alabama should decide about Moore and “make the right decision” about his character. In other words, Short talked in a circle to say that Trump favored electing the child abuser: “When allegations rise 38 years later, when Roy Moore has been a very public figure for the past 38 years, he’s run multiple times statewide in Alabama, the people of Alabama need to choose and make decisions about Roy Moore’s character, that there are certain questions that come about the timing of these allegations. So when you put all of that together, he’s encouraging people of Alabama to make the right decision.”

If we jumped the shark with Access Hollywood, we seem to be jumping the blue whale with Judge Moore.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:47 pm

Trump blames FBI for Flynn's legal difficulties: “I feel badly for Gen. Flynn. I feel very badly. He’s led a very strong life. And I feel very badly. I will say this, Hillary Clinton lied many times to the FBI, nothing happened to her. Flynn lied, and they destroyed his life.”

The FBI destroyed a good man who led a “strong life.” Clinton sucks. Got it: when in doubt, talk about Hillary Clinton.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:15 pm

psychiatry is a scam wrote:side note about nazism - wonder how much 2000 years of roman Catholicism contributed to creating a sub species of Europeans who cant dance ?

That would be the Baptists and the Puritans, who prohibited dancing. Catholics have never had any objection to dancing, or drinking or smoking in moderation. (But I see now that they've added smoking to their list of sins; who says the Church doesn't Move With The Times?)

I agree about the subspecies, though. It is known as Homo Republicanus Moronius. As Dave Barry once pointed out, they are rhythm-impaired, and never can clap at the proper time when hearing "Hit the road, Jack..." (They always clap exactly ON "road," never BETWEEN "road" and "Jack.") That's why they need to get more Latinos into the party.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:22 pm

LOL

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:31 pm

"Conway Confirms Trump’s Personal Attorney Wrote POTUS Flynn Tweet"

Kellyanne Conway's word on this is golden. Given her track record. After all, she was the person who "confirmed" the Bowling Green massacre.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:59 pm

Knowing, as we now do from Flynn's plea bargain, that many on Trump's transition team were aware of Flynn's Russia/UN "outreach," and thus must have understood in January that Flynn was lying to protect the team, here is a question I find interesting: who among the transition team was interviewed by Mueller's staff before Flynn turned, and of these how many lied about the Russia/UN outreach and/or Flynnie (if they lied, Mueller knows it)?

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: His Beatitude

Postby ElectricMonk » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:21 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Knowing, as we now do from Flynn's plea bargain, that many on Trump's transition team were aware of Flynn's Russia/UN "outreach," and thus must have understood in January that Flynn was lying to protect the team, here is a question I find interesting: who among the transition team was interviewed by Mueller's staff before Flynn turned, and of these how many lied about the Russia/UN outreach and/or Flynnie (if they lied, Mueller knows it)?

Most.
It depends if their lawyers think it better to admit to collision or lying.
I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:02 pm

But collision might allow them ye olde whiplash and brain damage defense? :-P

Lard, save me from your followers.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:06 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:But collision might allow them ye olde whiplash and brain damage defense? :-P

I think you misunderstood. Trump said there had been no collation. They just filed the minutes of the meeting in one big pile.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:14 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:But collision might allow them ye olde whiplash and brain damage defense? :-P

I think you misunderstood. Trump said there had been no collation. They just filed the minutes of the meeting in one big pile.

Ah, thanks! I colloid.

Lard, save me from your followers.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:25 pm

Nuh-uh, what he clearly said was, “No covfefe.”

As Kellyanne said, his lawyers collude to create his tweets: “The lawyers are the ones that understand how to put those tweets together.” It takes a village of idiot lawyers to come up with a tweet that reads, “Despite the constant negative press covfefe” - and Trump's team pulled it off.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:27 pm

And Iowa is Trump Country, where the economy is all the talk: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/i ... red-racism

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:51 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote: Hmm, well, I have a soft place in my heart for any woman who even slightly resembles Nicole Kidman, as this one does.
Amazing. In Aussieland, we assume she was an ex wharf post as her earlier performances were so wooden. :D

Upton_O_Goode wrote:But second, where the hell is this taking place? The American flag on the wall and the stage suggest to me it's in some high school auditorium/gymnasium combination.
I went looking for a 1930's classical Liturgical dancing scene and couldn't find any. I'm guessing the rise of high school dance and singing shows has taken over, and over enthusiastic teachers have put modern dance into liturgical dancing. :frown:

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:04 pm

Gorsuch Court ok's Trump's Muslim ban. I feel safer already. #MAGA

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:43 pm

Mueller back in court to oppose renegotiated bail agreement for Manafort on the ground - I am not fictionalizing this - that, whereas the judge had prohibited out-of-court media statements by the parties, Manafort, has as recently as last week, been ghostwriting an article on his Ukraine work with a colleague whom Mueller's filing describes as “a long-time Russian colleague . . . who is currently based in Russia and assessed to have ties to a Russian intelligence service,” which, having long time ties to Russian intelligence, come to think of it, seems to be an apt general description for not only Manafort but a number of others in Trump's orbit.

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:33 am

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:27 am

As has been inevitable, Bannon/Trump brought McConnell & Co to heel re: Moore and the Alabama race - and pedophilia (it's ok now, if you vote right on taxes). The party is Trump's, probably close to 50% enthusiastically, 25% opportunistically, and 25% like a whupped abused dog.

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:14 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:As has been inevitable, Bannon/Trump brought McConnell & Co to heel re: Moore and the Alabama race - and pedophilia (it's ok now, if you vote right on taxes). The party is Trump's, probably close to 50% enthusiastically, 25% opportunistically, and 25% like a whupped abused dog.

More or less agreed, though I'd split hairs with you on the ratios. I'd go lower on "enthusiastically", higher on "opportunistically" and lower on "dog". :mrgreen:

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:56 am

Thinking about it a bit more, I'd say probably not more than 45% enthusiastic, could be as low as 40%, agreed. But I'm sticking with a lot of whupped dogs. Just read that the RNC, after barking so bravely, will fund Roy Moore after all: whupped. :)

(I think a lot of them wanted to be more of a traditional conservative party but he broke them during the 2016 campaign . . . and keeps breaking them . . . but, true, in a sense, whupped or unwhupped, the unenthusiastic ones are opportunistic.)
Last edited by Statistical Mechanic on Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:06 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Thinking about it a bit more, I'd say probably not more than 45% enthusiastic, could be as low as 40%, agreed. But I'm sticking with a lot of whupped dogs. Just read that the RNC, after barking so bravely, will fund Roy Moore after all: whupped. :)

(I think a lot of them wanted to be more of a traditional conservative party but he broke them during the 2016 campaign . . . and keeps breaking them . . . )

Think back to that 2016 line up at the beginning.... Trump knew he had that pathetic offering by the bollocks from day one. It looked like an Eisenhower convention after-party.... 15 boring, useless and stupid.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:07 am

Kind of like the Democratic leadership today? :)

It was a sorry lineup indeed - and they still don't know what hit them.

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:06 am

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:18 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Kind of like the Democratic leadership today? :)

It was a sorry lineup indeed - and they still don't know what hit them.

Oh yeah.

Return to “Holocaust Denial”