It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Where no two people are likely to agree.
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:13 pm

Currently the longtime associate, good man obscure stranger that just showed up one day Manafort is back in the news because of his apparent attempts at witness tampering. People recall his function and success during the campaign and also his leaving, reportedly on behalf of Jarwanka's "dislike of him and subsequent pressuring". However, so far no one mentions that he apparently left shortly after candidate Trump was briefed by the IC/FBI about their knowledge of the ongoing Russian campaign interference efforts...

Lard, save me from your followers.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:40 pm

Kudos. (On his Twitter: WH cancellation is another sad example of Trump's pathetic juvenile antics & failure to lead. Eagles stand tall to Trump's childish behavior & builds us up, unites us as one! True role models for our kids! So Proud of our team! #FlyEaglesFly :heh:)
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:40 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:Trump cancelled the Eagles trip to the White House:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/04/politics/trump-eagles-nfl/index.html

What, Fox doesn’t want players to pray before games????
Anti religious bastards!!!!!!!!

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/05/media/fox-news-philadelphia-eagles-kneeling/index.html
‘I have not left anybody in the dark about the fact that this time, millions of adult men would not die, and hundreds of thousands of women and children would not be burnt or bombed to death in the cities, without the actual culprit, albeit by more humane means, having to pay for his guilt.’
Adolf Hitler
Final Will and Testament

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:43 pm

:lol:

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:37 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/05/media/fox-news-philadelphia-eagles-kneeling/index.html

If you refuse to stand during the anthem - you do not deserve to be honored by being invited by Trump... ... hardly an honor... :roll:

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:13 pm

TJrandom wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:

If you refuse to stand during the anthem - you do not deserve to be honored by being invited by Trump... ... hardly an honor... :roll:

Funny thing is according to reports none of the Eagles protested by kneeling.
‘I have not left anybody in the dark about the fact that this time, millions of adult men would not die, and hundreds of thousands of women and children would not be burnt or bombed to death in the cities, without the actual culprit, albeit by more humane means, having to pay for his guilt.’
Adolf Hitler
Final Will and Testament

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:20 pm

Yes, I saw that... but they did kneel to pray. I`m waiting for Trump to accuse the ball holder for field goals of kneeling in protest. ;)

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:03 am

Not too many of the crisis actors, staffers fans at the WH today knew the identity of the Eagles' Super Bowl quarterback - that wiped the words to those patriotic songs they played right of the host's tongue.

Or was it because one of them took a knee during the national anthem? :lol:

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: Unlimited_Oracular_Guidance

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:16 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:

So...lemme get this straight: To punish the players who DID protest, Trump canceled the White House invitation to a team none of whose players protested. Make sense. As much sense as Fox News trying to fob off a picture of Eagles players praying as a picture of them protesting. All perfectly consistent with the new alternative reality we're living in.
"Musica est exercitium arithmeticae occultum nescientis se numerare animi." (Music is a mysterious exercise of the numerical art by a mind that does not realize it is counting.)

Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz (1646--1716), in a letter of April 17, 1712 to Christian Goldbach (1690--1764)

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:18 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:

So...lemme get this straight: To punish the players who DID protest, Trump canceled the White House invitation to a team none of whose players protested. Make sense. As much sense as Fox News trying to fob off a picture of Eagles players praying as a picture of them protesting. All perfectly consistent with the new alternative reality we're living in.

He became grumpy wumpy when many of the Eagle players decided they didn’t want to go.

I actually find this rather clever on his part. Dangle patriotism in front of his rabid base to keep them engaged.

I saw on CNN this morning that he considers this a good strategy for midterms.
Adolf Hitler
Final Will and Testament

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:44 pm

He'll probably also promise them making a flag at every home and putting up xmas decorations into law.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:54 pm

Goddamn Canadians, burning the White House:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/06/06/politics/war-of-1812-donald-trump-justin-trudeau-tariff/index.html

According to the sources, Trudeau pressed Trump on how he could justify the tariffs as a "national security" issue. In response, Trump quipped to Trudeau, "Didn't you guys burn down the White House?" referring to the War of 1812.

Think they’re so special with their fancy beer and their funny accents....

I just can’t stop laughing.......
:rotfl:
Adolf Hitler
Final Will and Testament

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:02 pm

Adolf Hitler
Final Will and Testament

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:33 pm

Adolf Hitler
Final Will and Testament

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:35 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:Goddamn Canadians, burning the White House:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/06/06/politics/war-of-1812-donald-trump-justin-trudeau-tariff/index.html

According to the sources, Trudeau pressed Trump on how he could justify the tariffs as a "national security" issue. In response, Trump quipped to Trudeau, "Didn't you guys burn down the White House?" referring to the War of 1812.

Think they’re so special with their fancy beer and their funny accents....

I just can’t stop laughing.......
:rotfl:

Uh, no, Trump, that wasn't the Canadians. There were no Canadians, as such, until 1867. There was Canada, of course, but I've never heard that the troops who burned the White House (206 years ago!!) were Canadian. But if we're going to keep those old quarrels alive, maybe Trump should be thinking about the War Hawks, who tried to annex Canada at that time. (One of many attempts made, and there were numerous attempts by the US to invade Canada, far into the nineteenth century.)
"Musica est exercitium arithmeticae occultum nescientis se numerare animi." (Music is a mysterious exercise of the numerical art by a mind that does not realize it is counting.)

Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz (1646--1716), in a letter of April 17, 1712 to Christian Goldbach (1690--1764)

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:54 pm

Adolf Hitler
Final Will and Testament

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:03 pm

No use, Upton. It's still you without the beard. :-P

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:36 pm

Nice find. The quote: ""This is the part of my speech where I share some inspirational quotes I found on Google," Bowling said from the podium. "'Don't just get involved. Fight for your seat at the table. Better yet, fight for a seat at the head of the table.' Donald J. Trump." ///// Doesn't really sound like Trump at all. He's never "fought" for anything in his handed to him on a silver platter life. If he isn't given the head of the table from the start.....he goes on to bankrupt some other activity.

Just look.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:09 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:No use, Upton. It's still you without the beard. :-P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Right you are. I just thought, since it had been 30 years since the picture with the beard, it was time for something a bit more recent. This one was taken a week ago Sunday.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:44 pm

Oh, are we posting selfies????

Sorry, this is too big for an avatar but this is me on my recent vacation:

Adolf Hitler
Final Will and Testament

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:49 pm

More to the right?

Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:50 am

Seems We the People are running for office - and are running well. And so many women are winning. As if people decided the guys in Congress are tremendously* afraid of a Nancy, and just too easily neutered in general.

* A word the spineless squeaker of the house seems to have picked up from the shapeless blob.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:55 am

scrmbldggs wrote:Seems We the People are running for office - and are running well. And so many women are winning. As if people decided the guys in Congress are tremendously afraid of a Nancy, and just too easily neutered in general.

It is interesting. The Right feels threatened and goes with throw back bizness man Trump while the Left feels threatened and goes with women and minorities.

..............Ha, ha......I wonder who more crazy than Trump the Pukes could come up with?...........and Pence I fear about fills that bill.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:57 am

The number of gals is up on the right, too. (And many a conservative commentator gets twitchy whenever the ladies are mentioned. :lol:)

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:18 am

The wimens get into Congress and their "cycles" synch up and all chaos breaks out................. wait.............they don't have cycles any more? the memory of cycles then? Just like MAGA?????

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:13 am

Will Rudy's squealing on Dumpy's bragging about Kim coming begging on his knees nix the upcoming date?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:25 am

thats what I was thinking...........or at least that it could not help.

thats another BS MEDIA DRIVEN talking point: that somehow the mere meeting with Kim is "giving" him something. There can't be enough "truth"/pragmatism in that to be worth the mention. Although, the whole proposal seems ridiculous from the get/go. NK is not going to give up Nukes, and that is the only reason for Trump to go......so.... what is this?, some kind of master move by Rodman for another endorsement?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:27 am

And does Mueller's team already know the substance of Nix's confession (that he's now bitterly crying about)?

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:54 am

scrmbldggs wrote:Will Rudy's squealing on Dumpy's bragging about Kim coming begging on his knees nix the upcoming date?

I wondered about that also. I was guessing that story won't get around to Kim. But on the other hand, what would prevent it from doing so? Only the fact that Kim's handlers might be afraid to tell him he's been dissed.

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:57 am

Couple of enigmas (enigmata?) in today's Trump news.

First, his amazingly kind words about Muslims are bound to offend his base, so it appears he's getting background stories like this out to placate them. (Still, they are going to be uneasy about the mere fact that he hosted an Iftar dinner.)

Second, his favorite architect has folded his tents and stolen away into the night, just when all those Trump Tower projects were being looked into. Curioser and curioser!

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:00 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:Oh, are we posting selfies????

Wow, Jeff! Were you a contestant on "Survival"? Or was it "Naked and Afraid"? You have a more adventurous approach to vacations than I have. My approach leans toward visiting museums and historic buildings.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:06 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:Oh, are we posting selfies????

Wow, Jeff! Were you a contestant on "Survival"? Or was it "Naked and Afraid"? You have a more adventurous approach to vacations than I have. My approach leans toward visiting museums and historic buildings.

Well, I was on vacation so I decided to let my hair down a little.

:D
Adolf Hitler
Final Will and Testament

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:09 am

Oh, and then there's...this story about FLOTUS, intended to squelch rumors of abuse. The significant sentence in the story is this:

The Guardian wrote:The first lady did not speak at the meeting.

So "she" tweets in her husband's idiom, and knows better than to open her mouth when her husband calls a press conference. She's there just to be the prop in Trump's propaganda. I call this spousal abuse.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:24 pm

It might be just rumors, but it was said she prefers staying in the background (and silent). But she could easily clear up the lies he spread about the abuse "the MSM heaped on her". She's the one who reads and must have noticed that no one made those claims about her and her absence. From what I witnessed, quite to the contrary. Those who asked where simply concerned about her wellbeing after surgery.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:44 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:Couple of enigmas (enigmata?) in today's Trump news.

First, his amazingly kind words about Muslims are bound to offend his base, so it appears he's getting background stories like this out to placate them. (Still, they are going to be uneasy about the mere fact that he hosted an Iftar dinner.)

Ah, but sounds like it’s just diplomats. I’m sure Trump will kiss the asses of diplomats where he has Trump properties.
Adolf Hitler
Final Will and Testament

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:53 pm

And where he'd like to have some...

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:10 pm

Did the EPA spokesperson mean "You're a piece of trash." or "There's a piece of trash!" or "He's a piece of trash." when speaking to that reporter?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:24 pm

Eggs: there is a rare misstep on your part. "You're" does not mean There or He. At best you could step away to Your reporting??? I'll give you a free mulligan.

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:06 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Upton_O_Goode wrote:Couple of enigmas (enigmata?) in today's Trump news.

Ah, but sounds like it’s just diplomats. I’m sure Trump will kiss the asses of diplomats where he has Trump properties.

Yeah, no doubt the motive behind the whole thing was to soothe all the ruffled feelings among the 1 billion Muslims of the world. Naturally, that would bring the diplomats to the top.

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:08 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:It might be just rumors, but it was said she prefers staying in the background (and silent). But she could easily clear up the lies he spread about the abuse "the MSM heaped on her". She's the one who reads and must have noticed that no one made those claims about her and her absence. From what I witnessed, quite to the contrary. Those who asked where simply concerned about her wellbeing after surgery.

Very possible scenario. Another possibility is that this preference of hers is related to a pathological fear of public speaking. Many people have it. If only her husband did!

Return to “Politics and Government”