It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:05 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:A snowflake's guide to free speech and academic freedom:

Looking into professors, Part 1: University of Nevada

Looking into professors, Part 2: Drexel University

This is the most disturbing part of Trumpism, this interjection on a personal level by the president or his proxies.

From the interference in the NFL protests to the "look into this" about what professors are saying, Trump shows a willingness to determine what is right or wrong on the football field or in the classroom. It makes his base happy, to see black unpatriotic athletes get it or "liberal professors" put in their place but it sets a bad precedent.

It's his Dunning-Kruger/malignant narcissism combo. His inability to accept (recognize) shortcomings and/or failure and in response somehow turn everything into a glorious win might be useful at some times for some things in life, but this kind of denial is not helpful here at all. If you're convinced everything you do and say is brilliant, you're not fit for any kind of office.

Except Pope. ;)
Hi, Io the lurker.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:33 pm

LV massacre update: new time line, questions
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

- Rudolf Hess, letter, 1927

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:42 pm

. . . the power of the Resistance (in Virginia) . . .
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:57 pm

Leave it to a Repub to complain about someone heeding ("after polling emerged in the state showing that more than half of voters like the statues") what a majority prefers (while apparently doing a near complete 180 to work the scheme that worked for another). They wouldn't even think of dropping a bill that only 12% of the population thinks is a good idea...
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, Io the lurker.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:59 pm

I sometimes wonder how politicians could do if they said: "I will vote the majority view as shown by the consensus of credible surveys on every issue." I will NOT think for myself........I will follow the will of the people.

..............Heh, heh.

Pros and Cons to all we do. What if politicians did follow the polls? Let the courts enforce constitutional rights and so forth. I have a gut feel the net effect would be very positive.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:02 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I sometimes wonder how politicians could do if they said: "I will vote the majority view as shown by the consensus of credible surveys on every issue." I will NOT think for myself........I will follow the will of the people.

..............Heh, heh.

On every issue? That would seem unwise imho...
Hi, Io the lurker.

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:23 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:LV massacre update: new time line, questions

Color me unsurprised 9 days into an investigation of this type.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:28 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I sometimes wonder how politicians could do if they said: "I will vote the majority view as shown by the consensus of credible surveys on every issue." I will NOT think for myself........I will follow the will of the people.

..............Heh, heh.

On every issue? That would seem unwise imho...

Unwise?.........opening the door for politico's to do as they wish (pay for play) and call it their independent judgement?

WHAT is democracy?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:33 am

Balmoral95 wrote:

. . . many miles to go before we sleep . . .

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:12 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote:

Or, as the song said:

...And it appears to be a long
Appears to be a long
Appears to be a long time
Yes, a long, long, long, long time before the dawn…

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:28 am

David Frum tonight, after observing that "heroes of conscience" speak out early, said that "Corker is no hero of conscience . . ." and that it is a bad sign for you "when you lose the opportunists . . ." - wondering how much of the Republican part Trump will be able to hold at the rate he is going: "when you lose the opportunists" LOL

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:45 am

"Twitter remains one of his few unsupervised activities" -Chris Hayes

:lol:
Hi, Io the lurker.

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:50 am

scrmbldggs wrote:"Twitter remains one of his few unsupervised activities" -Chris Hayes

It's all very psychiatric. Think of it as 4 years of residential therapy mit golf...

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:48 am

"when you lose the opportunists . . ." /// That is a great line. ........ but, correct me if I'm wrong.......I don't think Trump has lost a single opportunist. Stll at 75% among his initial supporters?? 80% with the Wing Nuts.

No........there is a large ingrained minority of bad thinking in the USA.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:57 am

Balmoral95 wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote:

Or, as the song said:

Appears to be a long

Now this song is running through my head. I will have to break down and play that LP sometime today. LOL.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:09 am

Balmoral95 wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote:

Or, as the song said:

Appears to be a long

Now this song is running through my head. I will have to break down and play that LP sometime today. LOL.

Already done...

https://youtu.be/nS3l_TwPNRY

I'm the Skeptics DJ, spinning aaaaaaalllllll the hits!!!!

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: He Who Usually Means Well

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:11 am

Hmm, so his plan started to go wrong when he was in the final stages of preparation, as it now appears. Well, the bottom line is nearly 60 people are dead and hundreds wounded. It sounds hollow to say "it could have been worse." But there's still the question, now very hard to answer: Did he plan to escape or not?
"A general conversion among the boys was once effected by the late excellent Mr. Fletcher: one poor boy only excepted, who unfortunately resisted the influence of the Holy Spirit, for which he was severely flogged; which did not fail of the desired effect, and impressed proper notions of religion on his mind."

James Lackington, Memoirs of the First Forty-five Years of the Life of James Lackington, the Present Bookseller

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:13 am

scrmbldggs wrote:"Twitter remains one of his few unsupervised activities" -Chris Hayes

In other words, Twitter is the ONE source of reliable information about him and his mind. (Or whoever inhabits that skull along with Rambo and The Terminator.)
"A general conversion among the boys was once effected by the late excellent Mr. Fletcher: one poor boy only excepted, who unfortunately resisted the influence of the Holy Spirit, for which he was severely flogged; which did not fail of the desired effect, and impressed proper notions of religion on his mind."

James Lackington, Memoirs of the First Forty-five Years of the Life of James Lackington, the Present Bookseller

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:18 am

Charlie Dent, another Republican bigwig who won't stand for re-election, is backing Corker: "heroes of conscience" decrying Trump only as they exit. The "vast majority" of GOP Senators said to be grumbling in private about the deranged orangutan lurching about in the White House - are they grumbling the way Lindsey Graham grumbles?

Today in Slate Jim Newell takes a contrarian, almost dyspeptic view of the Corker Cock-Up:
Most voters—those outside the GOP base—would rightly be scared for their country on hearing a Republican senator say that most of his Republican colleagues believe the Republican president is unstable enough to provoke “World War III.” But most voters don’t vote in GOP primaries. And the message Bannon is selling to those who do is that this “vast majority” of senators needs to go.

“This is what they think about President Trump behind closed doors,” Bannon said on Fox News Monday night. “The buried lede was that there’s only two or three senators on Capitol Hill that have President Trump’s back.” And just like that, Bannon converted Corker’s comments into ammunition for his ongoing efforts to primary incumbent senators—a target list, by the way, that has grown to include all Republican senators up for re-election save for Texas Sen. Ted Cruz (a funny exemption, given that Cruz once delivered the most vicious attack on Trump that any sitting Republican politician has ever delivered).

The Cruz exception isn't "a funny exemption," however - like Bannon, Cruz is backed by the Mercers. Remember who Mercer-pollster Kellyanne Conway worked for, before Trump? Remember pro-Cruz Keep the Promise PAC - headed by you know who? The Cruz exception would seem to be orders from the dragon lair.

Anyway, Newell joins CNN in thinking that Bannon has the better hand here: "Honesty from sitting Republicans about the danger Trump poses to the country won’t get Trump removed but could well get those sitting Republicans removed. They can’t win."

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:21 am

thank you, Jeffk . . . I think my laptop is loud enough that it woke my wife up!

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:31 am

This analysis of Trump’s impact on Iowa - recounting how Trump’s healthcare approach, ethanol policy, immigration restrictions, and wind energy moves hurt Iowans - concludes that “Iowans are now coming to realize that perhaps the slick-talking salesman from the east wasn’t on their side in quite the way they thought.”

The claim arsed me to look up Trump's disapproval rating in Iowa: it is indeed now over 50%, shown graphically here. (The caveat to this is that Trump won the November election with a national disapproval rating of around 60% IIRC - because 1) disapproval of a candidate isn't necessarily a disqualification in many voters minds, 2) disapproval of his opponent was about equal, 3) he campaigned more effectively than his opponent, and 4) in enough states with enough electoral votes for him to win, his disapproval was not so great. Yes, I am already thinking about 2020.)

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:54 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:

Hmm, so his plan started to go wrong when he was in the final stages of preparation, as it now appears. Well, the bottom line is nearly 60 people are dead and hundreds wounded. It sounds hollow to say "it could have been worse." But there's still the question, now very hard to answer: Did he plan to escape or not?

Escape plan isn't that interesting to me. If he thought he could shoot his way out, and travel undetected out of the city, for instance, he wasn't being realistic. I'm still with Balmoral and his wife: the whole thing wreaks of suicide. What strikes me with the new time line is that there seems to have been a not-lightning-fast response to the shooting of the security guard, contrary to the first statements by authorities about response.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:57 am

interesting opinion piece, from classic conservative pov, in NY Times: "The President’s Self-Destructive Disruption"

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:58 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Charlie Dent, another Republican bigwig who won't stand for re-election, is backing Corker: "heroes of conscience" decrying Trump only as they exit. The "vast majority" of GOP Senators said to be grumbling in private about the deranged orangutan lurching about in the White House - are they grumbling the way Lindsey Graham grumbles?

Well, of course, you have to take account of the golfing rule that says POTUS is allowed 25 mulligans per game.

And I'm glad to see my favorite actor Matt Damon is denying the accusation that he covered up for Weinstein.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:20 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:thank you, Jeffk . . . I think my laptop is loud enough that it woke my wife up!

One of the best concerts I ever saw....Crosby, Stills and Nash playing an acoustic concert at the Brady Theater in Tulsa.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:29 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:Charlie Dent, another Republican bigwig who won't stand for re-election, is backing Corker: "heroes of conscience" decrying Trump only as they exit. The "vast majority" of GOP Senators said to be grumbling in private about the deranged orangutan lurching about in the White House - are they grumbling the way Lindsey Graham grumbles?

Well, of course, you have to take account of the golfing rule that says POTUS is allowed 25 mulligans per game.

And I'm glad to see my favorite actor Matt Damon is denying the accusation that he covered up for Weinstein.

He and Affleck, ugh.

I am not sure if I've recounted this here before, but around the time of the first Gulf War or thereabouts, I was in a movie theater in Harvard Sq (this was back when I used to go to a lot of movies, I call it Before Borat) listening to an exceedingly obnoxious woman behind me tell her companion about her son's role in an upcoming movie. As the credits on the screen gave way to the opening scene, this individual loudly explained to her companion that the director of the new movie - whose name she couldn't come up with - had made previously a movie about drugs - the title of which she couldn't recall either; she then scrambled other details - like "the tall actress" in the earlier movie, the male lead in that movie being Matthew Broderick, etc. Exasperated, and hearing much shushing which she ignored, I turned around as she continued, and said, as firmly as I could, "Look, the movie was called Drugstore Cowboy, the director was Gus Van Sant, the tall actress is Kelly Lynch and the male lead is Matt Dillon, not Matthew Broderick. Now, please, shut your mouth and let everyone watch this movie." I actually got applause, and the loud-talker shut up.

I told a friend at work about this unpleasant encounter the next day, still miffed at the sense of entitlement. He gave me a somewhat stunned look: "That's Ben and Casey's mom," he said, explaining that Ben and Casey were his son's best friends - and that the loud-talking/interrupting fit Mrs Affleck quite well. I hadn't heard of the Afflecks at that point. The new Gus Van Sant movie to which Mrs Affleck was referring, which her son was to be in, was actually quite good - it starred Nicole Kidman and Matt Dillon - Casey was indeed in it, it was a re-jiggering of the Pamela Smart murder case called To Die For. I always liked Casey, actually, but not Matt Damon or Ben Affleck, but was not pleased to hear about Casey's own Weinsteinish behavior. I used to see these guys when they were home for the holidays, at the Middle East, near where they grew up in Cambridge.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:34 pm

The background for Corker's odd (coming from him) WWIII warning about Trump? "Report: Tillerson’s ‘Moron’ Remark Came After Trump Asked For More Nukes".

Trump's response is to continue to play the pissed-off mogul - or authoritarian wannabe - and ask: "With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!"

Answer: Never.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:59 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:This analysis of Trump’s impact on Iowa . . . 3) he and his foreign helpers campaigned more effectively than his opponent, and 4) in enough states with enough electoral votes for him to win, his disapproval was not so great. Yes, I am already thinking about 2020.)

Regarding what I added to your post, one hopes that that will not be forgotten or ever go unchecked from now on...
Hi, Io the lurker.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:12 pm

I feel that, whilst that's true, there was a huge segment of the population already enmeshed in conspiraloon thinking - the Ians of this world and so on, thinking which the president and his friends expanded on, abetted, encouraged, profited from. The Democrats had no effective answer - and still don't. I attribute what happened to the way the Republicans helped hollow out political discourse in this country and to the crackpot thinking they championed, and which digital media in part facilitated, and to which so many regular 'murcans glommed onto. In short, I am less gung-ho on the Russia explanation for all this, and more onto the authentic, home-brewed right-wing nationalist populist explanation (that's what we need to understand, why so much of the country went that way), except of course for the hookers and pee-pee showers part of the Russia saga, which is so Trump. :)

Today, though, is good times. Nothing but happy vibes. The only issue coming up - yes, Ian, the world joins you in saying "thanks for keeping us safe, Mr Trump" - is the small matter of worldwide thermonuclear war which even died-in-the-wool right-wing stalwarts like Bob Corker now fear due to the so-called president's ignorance, volatility, short attention span, macho swaggering, and personality problems. It's all good.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:22 pm

MAGA, a century ago (1906)

Mark Twain wrote:At the banquet last winter of that organization which calls itself the Ends of the Earth Club, the chairman, a retired regular army officer of high grade, proclaimed in a loud voice, and with fervency, "We are of the Anglo-Saxon race, and when the Anglo-Saxon wants a thing, he just takes it."

That utterance was applauded to the echo. There were perhaps seventy-five civilians present and twenty-five military and naval men. It took those people nearly two minutes to work off their stormy admiration for that great sentiment; and meanwhile the inspired prophet who had discharged it—from his liver, or his intestines, or his esophagus, or wherever he had bred it—stood there glowing and beaming and smiling and issuing rays of happiness from every pore, rays that were so intense that they were visible and made him look like the old-time picture in the Almanac of the man who stands discharging signs of the zodiac in every direction, and so absorbed in happiness, so steeped in happiness, that he smiles and smiles and has plainly forgotten that he is painfully and dangerously ruptured and exposed
amidships and needs sewing up right away.

The soldier man's great utterance, interpreted by the expression which he put into it, meant in plain English, "The English and the Americans are thieves, highwaymen, pirates, and we are proud to be of the combination."

Out of all the English and Americans present, there was not one with the grace to get up and say he was ashamed of being an Anglo-Saxon, and also ashamed of being a member of the human race since the race must abide under the presence upon it of the Anglo-Saxon taint. I could not perform this office. I could not afford to lose my temper and make a self-righteous exhibition of myself and my superior morals that I might teach this infant class in decency the rudiments of that cult, for they would not be able to grasp it; they would not be able to understand it.

Well, some time later, Clarence Darrow did call Anglo-Saxons "the greatest race of sons of bitches that ever inhabited the earth." He went on to add, "Mind, you if there is such a thing, I am one of them. But I am not proud of it."

But Twain was no doubt also remembering Teddy Roosevelt saying, "I took the Canal Zone and let Congress debate."

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:31 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Today, though, is good times. Nothing but happy vibes. The only issue coming up - yes, Ian, the world joins you in saying "thanks for keeping us safe, Mr Trump" - is the small matter of worldwide thermonuclear war which even died-in-the-wool right-wing stalwarts like Bob Corker now fear due to the so-called president's ignorance, volatility, short attention span, macho swaggering, and personality problems. It's all good.

Yup. Sleep tight, America, your President is awake.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:58 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:MAGA, a century ago (1906)

Mark Twain wrote:At the banquet last winter of that organization which calls itself the Ends of the Earth Club, the chairman, a retired regular army officer of high grade, proclaimed in a loud voice, and with fervency, "We are of the Anglo-Saxon race, and when the Anglo-Saxon wants a thing, he just takes it."

That utterance was applauded to the echo. There were perhaps seventy-five civilians present and twenty-five military and naval men. It took those people nearly two minutes to work off their stormy admiration for that great sentiment; and meanwhile the inspired prophet who had discharged it—from his liver, or his intestines, or his esophagus, or wherever he had bred it—stood there glowing and beaming and smiling and issuing rays of happiness from every pore, rays that were so intense that they were visible and made him look like the old-time picture in the Almanac of the man who stands discharging signs of the zodiac in every direction, and so absorbed in happiness, so steeped in happiness, that he smiles and smiles and has plainly forgotten that he is painfully and dangerously ruptured and exposed
amidships and needs sewing up right away.

The soldier man's great utterance, interpreted by the expression which he put into it, meant in plain English, "The English and the Americans are thieves, highwaymen, pirates, and we are proud to be of the combination."

Out of all the English and Americans present, there was not one with the grace to get up and say he was ashamed of being an Anglo-Saxon, and also ashamed of being a member of the human race since the race must abide under the presence upon it of the Anglo-Saxon taint. I could not perform this office. I could not afford to lose my temper and make a self-righteous exhibition of myself and my superior morals that I might teach this infant class in decency the rudiments of that cult, for they would not be able to grasp it; they would not be able to understand it.
. . .

great find, I was raised on Twain and still find him almost incomprehensibly good

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:47 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:I feel that, whilst that's true, there was a huge segment of the population already enmeshed in conspiraloon thinking - the Ians of this world and so on, thinking which the president and his friends expanded on, abetted, encouraged, profited from. The Democrats had no effective answer - and still don't. I attribute what happened to the way the Republicans helped hollow out political discourse in this country and to the crackpot thinking they championed, and which digital media in part facilitated, and to which so many regular 'murcans glommed onto. In short, I am less gung-ho on the Russia explanation for all this, and more onto the authentic, home-brewed right-wing nationalist populist explanation (that's what we need to understand, why so much of the country went that way), except of course for the hookers and pee-pee showers part of the Russia saga, which is so Trump. :)

Yep, agree. There's plenty fertile ground. But the desired crop might have stagnated mostly at the sprouting level without the fanning, the artificial outrages and the 'comradeship' of it all.
Hi, Io the lurker.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:10 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:A snowflake's guide to free speech and academic freedom:

This now gets worse, as Trump now tweets ominously suggesting that it might be time to rethink whether NBC should have a broadcast license or not, given all the "fake news" that it promotes. How far are we from outright fascism, where what a station broadcasts or a newspaper prints can lead to its being deprived of the ability to continue operating? Everything that is printed or broadcast will have to be vetted and approved by the government before it is allowed to see the light of day. Christ! The people of the Soviet Union were that well off under Stalin!

http://uproxx.com/news/trump-threat-nbc-license-reactions/

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/sarah-huckabee-sanders-claims-trump-incredible-advocate-free-speech-after-he

Why doesn't somebody corner this obnoxious harridan and ask her outright under what conditions her boss would undertake to revoke somebody's license? Why do they let her get away with vague generalities about his "incredible support" for the First Amendment?

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:27 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:

This now gets worse, as Trump now tweets ominously suggesting that it might be time to rethink whether NBC should have a broadcast license or not, given all the "fake news" that it promotes. How far are we from outright fascism, where what a station broadcasts or a newspaper prints can lead to its being deprived of the ability to continue operating? Everything that is printed or broadcast will have to be vetted and approved by the government before it is allowed to see the light of day. Christ! The people of the Soviet Union were that well off under Stalin!

This gives me the cold sweats as well. Without a free press none of this works, government does what it wants without any oversight and citizens are kept in the dark. More than they are already.

This is a horrifying precedent Trump is setting, meddling in affairs that no president has any right to meddle in. Cracking this door open does no one any good, where the president determines what is "fake news" and what is not.

The problem is this monstrosity makes Trumplings hyperventilate with joy, putting the liberal press on notice that their SJW agenda will no longer be tolerated. It fits their authoritarian instincts quite well, where only the proper word is spoken and the right (white and Christian) people make decisions.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:30 pm

He is escalating no doubt. Serious business, and he's proving out the authoritarian tendencies we were told last year, in this very forum, he didn't possess.

In the past two or so weeks he's told business owners what speech rights to allow - and they (the NFL) seem to have acceded. But Milo, Stevie B, Ann Coulter, Dickie Spencer and the other free speech protectors will no doubt, like Ian, defend the networks, NFL players, and others threatened by this. Also all the deniers. What do they say - the truth has nothing to fear?

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:32 pm

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:54 pm

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:00 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:...Why do they let her get away with vague generalities about his "incredible support" for the First Amendment?

Well, she's actually correct. It is incredible. (Like all their bombastic statements...)
Hi, Io the lurker.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:12 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:. . . Why do they let her get away with vague generalities. . . .

because Izzy Stone has been dead now for almost 30 years?

Return to “Holocaust Denial”