It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:20 am

"Russia is our friend." A very patriotic showing by the true bloods...

Lard, save me from your followers.

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:34 am

scrmbldggs wrote:"Russia is our friend." A very patriotic showing by the true bloods...

I keep wondering if Trump's innate low-class vulgarity coupled with his narcissism might not result in a picture of him half-naked on a white horse (with optional plastic sword). I'm figuring this either appears on the new $200 bill (the Cnote being the new 50)... or Mt. Rushmore.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:40 am

Breitbart headline tonight, on Corker and Haslam in TN: "Breitbart Goes ‘Old Hickory’ in Tennessee, Gets 2 Establishment Scalps" :banghead:
. . . I mean Negative Capability, that is, when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact and reason—Coleridge, for instance, would let go by a fine isolated verisimilitude caught from the Penetralium of mystery, from being incapable of remaining content with half-knowledge. - John Keats, 1817

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:57 am

When we mock Turtle Man for his recent inability to get things done, we need to remember that his legacy ability to make sure things did not get done has led to a new form of successful court-packing. (All this is diabolical: with this week's HHS birth control Erlass, Trump ensures more unwanted pregnancies; with his court packing, Trump seeks to prevent women from having choice in cases of unwanted pregnancies.)
. . . I mean Negative Capability, that is, when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact and reason—Coleridge, for instance, would let go by a fine isolated verisimilitude caught from the Penetralium of mystery, from being incapable of remaining content with half-knowledge. - John Keats, 1817

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Dear [Salutation][First Name]

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:45 pm

About those abortions, we must remember that abortions cause mass shootings. That's according to CNN's late commentator Jeffrey "Sieg Heil!" Lord.

(Does this cretin ever ask himself how all those European countries with far fewer restrictions on abortion than in the US still manage to avoid mass shootings? You have to practice being this ignorant. It must take years to master.)

But the Republicans won't take a dogmatic approach to this issue. Far from it: Any Republican who wants an abortion for any reason whatever will certainly be allowed to have one.
"Reserve a part of your wrath ; you have not seen the worst yet. You suppose that this war has been a criminal blunder and an exceptional horror ; you imagine that before long reason will prevail, and all these inferior people that govern the world will be swept aside, and your own party will reform everything and remain always in office. You are mistaken."

George Santayana, "Tipperary" (1918)

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:50 pm

But, as Jeffk 1970 picked up on above, it's more likely that the mass shootings are caused by sanctuary cities. That theory is courtesy of the genius climatologist senator from Oklahoma.
"Reserve a part of your wrath ; you have not seen the worst yet. You suppose that this war has been a criminal blunder and an exceptional horror ; you imagine that before long reason will prevail, and all these inferior people that govern the world will be swept aside, and your own party will reform everything and remain always in office. You are mistaken."

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:54 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:But, as Jeffk 1970 picked up on above, it's more likely that the mass shootings are caused by sanctuary cities. That theory is courtesy of the genius climatologist senator from Oklahoma.

To Jim Inhofe the fact that it still snows is proof that there is no such thing as climate change.

:banghead:

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:01 pm

Balmoral95 wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:"Russia is our friend." A very patriotic showing by the true bloods...

I keep wondering if Trump's innate low-class vulgarity coupled with his narcissism might not result in a picture of him half-naked on a white horse (with optional plastic sword). I'm figuring this either appears on the new $200 bill (the Cnote being the new 50)... or Mt. Rushmore.

Or optional AK-47. And it's what will replace each and every confederate statue that has been removed, dutifully honored by his tiki torch-carrying 'good people'.

But seriously, these clowns should only be ridiculed and not get any serious news coverage. And if their troops keep showing up unannounced in likely places, I'd hope residents and friends stock up on expired produce and greet that monkey circus with its deserved due. And laugh them out of town.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:55 pm

DJT today: “I think one of the greatest of all terms I’ve come up with is ‘fake.'”

Personally, I found it more impressive when he came up with the term "the." It gets used so often by so many people.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:57 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Upton_O_Goode wrote:But, as Jeffk 1970 picked up on above, it's more likely that the mass shootings are caused by sanctuary cities. That theory is courtesy of the genius climatologist senator from Oklahoma.

To Jim Inhofe the fact that it still snows is proof that there is no such thing as climate change.

:banghead:

To me, the fact that there is Jim Inhofe is the biggest challenge to progressive views of evolution I know.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:58 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:. . . I'd hope residents and friends stock up on expired produce and greet that monkey circus with its deserved due. And laugh them out of town.

Pull their pants down.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:07 pm

:hmm: They like the past so much, maybe one could put up stocks for them.

Statistical Mechanic wrote:DJT today: “I think one of the greatest of all terms I’ve come up with is ‘fake.'”

Personally, I found it more impressive when he came up with the term "the." It gets used so often by so many people.

I'm surprised he didn't mention "I".

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:42 pm

I've been sitting around wondering what countries our President can still visit. The list seems to be shrinking every day. As with his approval ratings, though, there's a core that will maintain a solid bottom. Every odious dictator in the world will be happy to welcome him. The door to Russia is open to him any time, but for reasons on this side of the door, he doesn't dare go. He will be in the Philippines soon, I understand; Duterte likes him. But a visit to any of the English-speaking world is pretty much out. He wouldn't dare face the protest crowds in Australia, New Zealand, the UK, or even Canada.

Do I hear correctly that he's tweeting his intention to attack North Korea imminently? He wages war as cleverly as he manages his companies, so I wouldn't be at all surprised. ETA: He did indeed. If I'd known this when he tweeted it, I wouldn't have left any Merlot in the bottle last evening. "Only one thing will work." JMJ!!!

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:54 pm

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:35 pm

He's tied up today lying about Corker so you can't expect him to deal with North Korea at the same time. Sheesh. Be fair!

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:44 pm

Breitbart's summation of where the GOP is at today and heading into 2018 midterms: "The League of Extraordinary Candidates: Economic Nationalist Leaders Plan for Anti-Establishment Midterm Tsunami to Force Chang"; Breitbart is also unloading on Corker - and on Trump for playing footsie with people like Corker.
Last edited by Statistical Mechanic on Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:15 pm

"heading into 2008 midterms" I wish! :-P

But his effort to stick it to Teh Rex is heavy lifting. Amazing he has the time between hitting the links.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:20 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:"heading into 2008 midterms" I wish! :-P

But his effort to stick it to Teh Rex is heavy lifting. Amazing he has the time between hitting the links.

LOL (fixed it!)

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:13 am

Mike Pence attended the Indianapolis Colts/San Francisco 49's football game today....well, kinda. The teams played in Indianapolis. 23 members of the 49's knelt for the anthem, Pence left directly afterwards. Pence tweeted that he would not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our flag and our anthem. Apparently Trump asked Pence to leave if any of the players took a knee. One of the 49'er players says it looked like a PR stunt. I agree.

It continues to astound me how Trump continues to pound on this but this is really the new normal. I keep reminding myself that so much of what Trump does is simply pandering to his base and stirring up things up among those who hover around his base, the Republicans who voted for him because of the "R." They like this patriotic posturing and it appeals to the racist (subconscious or not) attitudes many of them harbor. They don't mind black athletes making money as long as these athletes keep quiet about the plight of the large percentage of ordinary black men, women and children who don't have the athletic skills to make it in the NFL, NBA and baseball. It makes these people upset when these realities intrude on their comfortable lives.

It doesn't bother me, the kneeling or sitting, but I realize that I'm not the majority on this.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:57 am

Profiles in Fatal Naïveté

Schumer and Pelosi on Trump's announced border-wall demand (for DACA deal): "The administration can't be serious about compromise or helping the Dreamers if they begin with a list that is anathema to the Dreamers, to the immigrant community and to the vast majority of Americans."

Well, duh!

It is not a surprise that at the infamous dinner with Schumer and Pelosi Trump "explicitly ruled out" the Wall he now demands: that is who he is and how he operates. And has always operated.

What these two marks should have said, when Trump started playing them, was, "Go {!#%@} yourself, Mr President." The exact words they should also have used when he called about the ACA this past week.

And, no, it is not, as the Dem Duo wants to have it with Trump that "his staff has not made a good faith effort" on DACA: the problem lies with Donald "He likes us, he likes me, anyway" Trump.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:58 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:Mike Pence attended the Indianapolis Colts/San Francisco 49's football game today....well, kinda. The teams played in Indianapolis. 23 members of the 49's knelt for the anthem, Pence left directly afterwards. Pence tweeted that he would not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our flag and our anthem. Apparently Trump asked Pence to leave if any of the players took a knee. One of the 49'er players says it looked like a PR stunt. I agree.

It continues to astound me how Trump continues to pound on this but this is really the new normal. I keep reminding myself that so much of what Trump does is simply pandering to his base and stirring up things up among those who hover around his base, the Republicans who voted for him because of the "R." They like this patriotic posturing and it appeals to the racist (subconscious or not) attitudes many of them harbor. They don't mind black athletes making money as long as these athletes keep quiet about the plight of the large percentage of ordinary black men, women and children who don't have the athletic skills to make it in the NFL, NBA and baseball. It makes these people upset when these realities intrude on their comfortable lives.

It doesn't bother me, the kneeling or sitting, but I realize that I'm not the majority on this.

And supposedly identity politics are no longer a thing. ROFL.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:23 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:...They like this patriotic posturing and it appeals to the racist...

Did you get a whiff of that rabidly hateful fruitcake (what's-her-face?) wanting to replace Corker? :shudder:

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:53 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:...They like this patriotic posturing and it appeals to the racist...

Did you get a whiff of that rabidly hateful fruitcake (what's-her-face?) wanting to replace Corker? :shudder:

Corker had a great line, though: The White House has become an adult day care center, and somebody didn't show up for their shift this morning. Well put, Bob! (We may never agree about anything else, but I give credit where it is due.)

And estimates are, they spent some $200,000+ carrying out Pence's orchestrated stunt. What pisses me off is that the taxpayers are subsidizing their campaign. Meanwhile, the mayor of San Juan is dismissed as "political noise" by our compassionate head of FEMA.

And Hickabee says we can't just rush in and start talking about gun control after Las Vegas. We have to wait a respectful amount of time---you know, the way Trump did after the Orlando massacre.

Well, to round off the day's news, here's Stiglitz's analysis of the tax reform bill.
Spoiler:
No surprises in this analysis.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:16 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:

Corker had a great line, though: The White House has become an adult day care center, and somebody didn't show up for their shift this morning. Well put, Bob! (We may never agree about anything else, but I give credit where it is due.)

His line about WWIII - coming from a rather sober, very conservative Senate Foreign Relations Committee chair - caught my attention.

Upton_O_Goode wrote:Meanwhile, the mayor of San Juan is dismissed as "political noise" by our compassionate head of FEMA.

She, and any issues she raises, are being "filtered out," says FEMA head. Sweet. Wait till the flight of Puerto Ricans to FL turns that state blue . . .

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:57 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:Mike Pence attended the Indianapolis Colts/San Francisco 49's football game today....well, kinda. The teams played in Indianapolis. 23 members of the 49's knelt for the anthem, Pence left directly afterwards. Pence tweeted that he would not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our flag and our anthem. Apparently Trump asked Pence to leave if any of the players took a knee. One of the 49'er players says it looked like a PR stunt. I agree.

Just as a follow up, the owner of the Dallas Cowboys, Jerry Jones, says any player who doesn't stand will be benched for the game.

I want to see every member of the team kneel. Let's see how that works out for ol' Jerry.

Just as an aside, I loathe the Dallas Cowboys.

:D

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:05 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:I want to see every member of the team kneel. Let's see how that works out for ol' Jerry.

:thumbsup:

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:08 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:...Hickabee says we can't just rush in and start talking about gun control after Las Vegas. We have to wait a respectful amount of time---you know, the way Trump did after the Orlando massacre...

Trevor Noah (warning: lots of FAUX Noise)

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:16 pm

See, it's not about about protecting people's health, per se, it's about the creation and salvation of jobs:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/09/politics/environmental-protection-agency-scott-pruitt-clean-power-plan/index.html

I don't think we should call the EPA the Environmental Protection Agency anymore. It isn't appropriate. I think we should rebrand it the FYE ({!#%@} You Environment) Agency. As long as Pruitt is in charge it's more appropriate.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:27 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:See, it's not about about protecting people's health, per se, it's about the creation and salvation of jobs:

It is about creation of very sick people and then making it difficult for them to obtain health care.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:16 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:I want to see every member of the team kneel. Let's see how that works out for ol' Jerry.

Second, third, and fourth the sentiment. C'mon Cowboys, stick it to The Man!

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:21 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:

Second, third, and fourth the sentiment. C'mon Cowboys, stick it to The Man!

I might have to start rooting for them.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:17 pm

It's OK, they wouldn't hear it. :P

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:23 pm

Well, as long as it's money well spent.

This is what our $50B+ increase in the "defense" budget is likely to bring us. ("I know no way of judging the future but by the past." Patrick Henry)

( And when did the "Department of War" become the "Department of Defense"? Probably the same time when "toilet paper" became "bathroom tissue.")

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:32 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:Well, as long as it's money well spent.

This is what our $50B+ increase in the "defense" budget is likely to bring us. ("I know no way of judging the future but by the past." Patrick Henry)

( And when did the "Department of War" become the "Department of Defense"? Probably the same time when "toilet paper" became "bathroom tissue.")

1949, as an amendment to the National Security Act of 1947.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:33 pm

Balmoral95 wrote:
Upton_O_Goode wrote:Well, as long as it's money well spent.

1949, as an amendment to the National Security Act of 1947.

Many thanks! I had a feeling the change in nomenclature was recent, but I hadn't traced it back.

Note in particular....this...:

Most of the reasons given recently by the Navy and the Trump administration for continuing production of the failed LCS program was to keep the shipyards that build it working, thus keeping the skilled workforce in place so when the new frigate design was ready for production, it would be smooth sailing for the new warship.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:02 pm

The Corker-Trump war is interesting: Corker was an early Trump endorser and candidate for Secretary of State. I think it's an important development in the continuing struggle within the GOP.

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:24 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:The Corker-Trump war is interesting: Corker was an early Trump endorser and candidate for Secretary of State. I think it's an important development in the continuing struggle within the GOP.

Blitzer blathering about Corker's "courage".... now that he has nothing left to lose.... Arschloche...

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:34 pm

. . . as others see the Americans . . .

https://youtu.be/a-o9pwWUzz0

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:38 pm

Balmoral95 wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:The Corker-Trump war is interesting: Corker was an early Trump endorser and candidate for Secretary of State. I think it's an important development in the continuing struggle within the GOP.

Blitzer blathering about Corker's "courage".... now that he has nothing left to lose.... Arschloche...

Courage? LOL, what I wonder is whether, having decided to crush - or bannonize - Corker (even though Trump needs him on taxes and on Iran), Trump is going to rout the conservative-party-establishment. You crush Corker, you cow a range of equally cowardly conservatives. I think that the party is going to go further and further into crazy - and that this war is a step on the way.

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:42 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote:

Courage? LOL, what I wonder is whether, having decided to crush - or bannonize - Corker (even though Trump needs him on taxes and on Iran), Trump is going to rout the conservative-party-establishment. You crush Corker, you cow a range of equally cowardly conservatives. I think that the party is going to go further and further into crazy - and that this war is a step on the way.

And, as long as we're on "profiles in courage", where's HRC and Pelosi commentary on Harvey Weinstein..... oh, radio silent... imagine my surprise.

Return to “Holocaust Denial”