Regular Poster

"A picture is worth a thousand words"

Postby Monstrous » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:10 am

Balsamo
Frequent Poster

Re: "A picture is worth a thousand words"

Postby Balsamo » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:58 am

Check out the date of the picture...
Any insight on the reasons why the poor guy ended up at Dachau, in 1938?

But i agree, any picture i can think of is worth much more than any words form you.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:03 am

What's his name and how long had he been in the camp when the photo was taken? "July 28, 1928?" Is that the date the photo was taken? Jeez, had they even started exterminating the Jews by then? I didn't think that was going on before 1941.

...wait, I'm just wasting my typing, aren't I. You don't answer questions, do you.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:06 am

I think it was 1938, skeptic Santa.
Hi, Io the lurker.

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:27 am

Lol, funny thing is that he's most likely a political prisoner if he's at Dachau, possibly a red. Monsterous, your idiocy only expends.
« Oral history is a complex field. After all, memory can be a distorting mirror, as anyone who has ever worked with memoir literature knows very well...They may be imperfect, and, at times, inaccurate as the narrator tries to cast himself in the most favorable light, but all sources are imperfect. Even an archival document reflects how the person who drafted it understood something and remains something less than the unvarnished truth. »
- James Mace

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:32 am

scrmbldggs wrote:I think it was 1938, skeptic Santa.

Oh, thank you. See? I told you I couldn't reed!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:44 am

Gord wrote:

That'd explain the pool jet I got last year... :roll:
Hi, Io the lurker.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:39 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Gord wrote:

That'd explain the pool jet I got last year... :roll:

Hmm, it was supposed to be coal. Naughty!
#ANDAMOVIE

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:32 am

Monstrous does it again! My god, just like people, Jews could be fat. The Metapedia caption says that the context for the photograph is selection for gassing/labor:
Standard concentration camp claims: "If they survived selection for gassing, most Jews were slowly and systematically starved to death. . . .

Metapedia links to an "Answers" website which discusses "How were Jews tortured in concentration camps?" in the context of ". . . WAR AND MILITARY HISTORY, HOLOCAUST, NAZI CONCENTRATION CAMPS."

The photograph used by Metapedia, however, comes from before the war and doesn’t relate to the text about the war years and Final Solution, which Metapedia quotes. According to Metapedia, the photograph is from "Dachau concentration camp prisoners. July 20, 1938." Monstrous should make a note for himself so as not to embarrass revisionism again like this: the war didn't start until 1 September 1939 and photographs from 1938 are not illustrative of the events of the war years.

Also, Dachau was not a camp where Jews were selected for gas chambers as part of the Final Solution. Dachau was opened in 1933 for perceived opponents of the new regime. In addition to political prisoners, during the 1930s the Nazis incarcerated criminals and so-called asocials in Dachau and other KLs. In 1938 most of the prisoners in Dachau came from Germany and Austria; as with other KLs at the time, the prisoners in the camp were mostly criminals, so-called asocials, and political prisoners. Until early in 1938 the Jews in Dachau had been brought there as political prisoners or “asocials.” Jews were first incarcerated in Dachau on racial grounds in early 1938; according to a recent history, “In May/June 1938 1,600 persons, mainly from Vienna, were brought to the Dachau concentration camp.” The first large influx of Jews came in November 1938, as part of Kristallnacht. In 1938, “Following the annexation of Austria in April 1938, numerous Nazi opponents, Jews, and Sinti and Roma were brought from there to the Dachau concentration camp. In connection with the November Pogrom of 1938 (‘Reichskristallnacht’ or Night of Broken Glass), over 11,000 Jews were deported to Dachau. . . . Up until 1939 at least 250 of them died here.”

None of these actions have a connection to the later gassing program or were part of the Final Solution. The aim of incarceration of Jews in Dachau and other KLs during 1938, for example, was to force them to emigrate from Germany and Austria.

Early in the war, about 1,500 Jews were among the prisoners in Dachau, but in 1942, after Himmler ordered the transfer of the Jews remaining in the Reich KLs to the east, Dachau was emptied of Jews. "Until 1942, Poles, Germans and Czechs made up the largest prisoner groups in the Dachau camp. They were joined by Soviet prisoners from the summer of 1942. The Yugoslavians soon followed and by 1943 the French, Dutch, Belgians and Italians had also arrived." It was in the last year and a half of the war that the number of Jews in Dachau again grew: "Not until summer 1944 were Jewish prisoners again sent in great numbers to the auxiliary camps belonging to the Dachau concentration camp."

The Final Solution did not begin until 1942, about 4 years after the photograph of Dachau used by Metapedia was taken. It was at this time, as noted, that Dachau ceased being used to incarcerate Jews. The first large-scale and systematic mass murder of Jews came the previous summer and fall, with the massacres of Jews in the occupied USSR, conducted mainly by shooting. Murder of Jews in gas chambers didn't occur until this time. For example, the Nazis established a camp in December 1941 at Chełmno, where Jews from the Warthegau, including Łódź, were gassed in mobile vans. The Einsatz Reinhard camps - Bełzec, Sobibór, Treblinka - were opened from March through July 1942. The first use of gas chambers to kill Jews at Majdanek in Lublin was in fall 1942. The first gassings in the “little red house” at Birkenau took place in May 1942, and the new Kremas opened in spring in 1943.

A photograph from 1938 has nothing to do with any of this, no matter what Metapedia or Monstrous says.

This thread is stupid beyond belief. That Monstrous thinks he can pass off such nonsense from 1938 as evidence against the mass murder of Jews which began 3-4 years later underscores his own bias and his astonishing idiocy.
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

- Rudolf Hess, letter, 1927

Nessie
Veteran Poster

Postby Nessie » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:58 am

The photo is most likely a little fat German who said the wrong thing to a Nazi and got imprisoned for it.
Audiophile, motorbiker and sceptic.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:59 am

LOL (he would have stolen a yellow star and put it on his KL uniform in that case . . . )
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:12 pm

So, Monstrous, you came back for this? Jesus wept. Tell us how what your Metapedia photograph from 1938 has to do with the "standard Standard concentration camp claims" that "If they survived selection for gassing, most Jews were slowly and systematically starved to death." In doing so, please cite standard claims that argue that Jews were being selected for gassing during the early months of 1938. (Good to see you again . . . )

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:43 pm

Monstrous wrote:http://en.metapedia.org/wiki/File:Fat_jew_concentration_camp.jpg

:x :roll:

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:57 pm

Yep, our little friend, back home with his whimsical sense of humor and goofy absurdist posts . . . life is good.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:02 pm

:lol:

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:06 pm

Monstrous and by extension Metapedia, doesn't get that no one seriously claims there was an extermination program for German Jews at Dachau and other concentration camps in Germany in 1938.

Maybe Monstrous should read a real book.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:08 pm

Yeah, sorry for my long post, but it was meant in lieu of the real books which Monstrous can't read.

Let's see the little fella explain his OP and defend Metapedia's version of "Standard . . . claims"; should be lots of yucks.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:11 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Yeah, sorry for my long post, but it was meant in lieu of the real books which Monstrous can't read.

Let's see the little fella explain his OP and defend Metapedia's version of "Standard . . . claims"; should be lots of yucks.

Hey, Monstrous might learn something from your post. That's a bonus.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:55 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:Monstrous and by extension Metapedia, doesn't get that no one seriously claims there was an extermination program for German Jews at Dachau and other concentration camps in Germany in 1938.

Maybe Monstrous should read a real book.

But... one image, taken out of context, is sufficient to prove the whole did not happen!

(And yes, Santa is for reals, folks!)
Hi, Io the lurker.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:24 pm

bump, lots for Monstrous to respond to here - or any other denier who wishes to help the little guy out

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Postby Jeff_36 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:14 pm

It is also a fact that certain types of political prisoners (such as German clergy) were accorded special privileges at Dachau. These privileges were not accorded to Russian POW's, Polish Clergy, or Jews, who were subjected to deliberately dehumanizing treatment by Theodore Eicke. It is a fun fact that Rudolf Hoess was a subordinate to Eicke at the time and may have taken his cues from him in so far as the dehmanization and ill treatment of the lower tired prisoners was concerned.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:20 pm

Where did Monstrous go? These drive-by's are annoying.

Monstrous guide to posting.....post a new topic, run for your life!!!!!

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:24 pm

...and return a few weeks later to declare victory. :roll:
Hi, Io the lurker.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:28 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:Where did Monstrous go? These drive-by's are annoying.

scrmbldggs wrote:...and return a few weeks later to declare victory. :roll:

LOL

It's 'cuz a) Monstrous has nothing, b) his understanding of the history and situations is poor, and c) he can't construct an argument to save his life or is similarly incapable of constructing replies to counter-arguments. So it's "mazel tov" cocktails for Monstrous: toss 'em, flee, whoop and holler.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:32 pm

Jeff_36 wrote:It is also a fact that certain types of political prisoners (such as German clergy) were accorded special privileges at Dachau. These privileges were not accorded to Russian POW's, Polish Clergy, or Jews, who were subjected to deliberately dehumanizing treatment by Theodore Eicke. It is a fun fact that Rudolf Hoess was a subordinate to Eicke at the time and may have taken his cues from him in so far as the dehmanization and ill treatment of the lower tired prisoners was concerned.

I think dehumanization was not just often practiced, it was an instruction based on a general order.

I'm not sure I got the wording correct, but I'm reminded of these (or similar) words reportedly barked at prisoners, "You are not human, you are not even an animal. You are a Jew!"
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, Io the lurker.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:37 pm

Well, "they" screwed the pooch on this one worse than "they" usually do.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:39 pm

Sorry about the disappearing post. Editing turned into a temporary deletion. Here it is again, lol:

scrmbldggs wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:Where did Monstrous go? These drive-by's are annoying.

scrmbldggs wrote:...and return a few weeks later to declare victory. :roll:

LOL

It's 'cuz a) Monstrous has nothing, b) his understanding of the history and situations is poor, and c) he can't construct an argument to save his life or is similarly incapable of constructing replies to counter-arguments. So it's "mazel tov" cocktails for Monstrous: toss 'em, flee, whoop and holler.

And he works in two or more. And maybe there isn't much agreement/remembrance between his multiple personalities. :-P
Hi, Io the lurker.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:45 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:I think dehumanization was not just often practiced, it was an instruction based on a general order.

Sofsky, The Order of Terror

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:47 pm

Shouldn't everyone's "favorite" anti-Semitic kibitzer, Mary Q Contrary, pop in to help the little fella out with the bollocks he's made of this?

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:31 am

bump for Mary and Monstrous

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:31 pm

Ok, Mary's too chicken, or too embarrassed, to help out. She's left you on your own, Monstrous.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:42 am

bump . . . for Mary, who in the Denialist Tactics thread stupidly tried obfuscating Monstrous's {!#%@}, "So...anything that happened at Dachau isn't part of the Holocaust. Anything that happened to Jews prior to extermination isn't part of the Holocaust either. OK, I think I got it now."

Seems like Mary is chicken to deal with the problems in this thread head-on.

Balsamo
Frequent Poster

Postby Balsamo » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:29 pm

Just noticed that the Metapedia User who posted this file has been banned.
Here is one of the reasons why he was banned:

This user has inserted errors and mispresentations to such a degree that it cannot be explained as due to stupidty, ignorance, and/or crankiness.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:39 pm

LOL

I also see that "This is a banned user. The user A Wyatt Man is a troll or vandal." To be banned for errors and misrepresentation by Metapedia is a feat unto itself; to fall for one of those misrepresentations is monstrous.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:29 pm

Wasn't Monstrous a contributor too - at one point or another? :-P
Hi, Io the lurker.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:20 pm

Under the in-famous moniker "A Wyatt Man"?

Where's Maryzilla?

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:16 am

Btw If you don't know him, A. Wyatt Mann, with two n's, is worth looking up.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:53 pm

Anyone have a theory to offer on why "Drive By" opted not to post in this thread today?

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:57 pm

I think he wants us to forget he ever brought it up.

This is a random Monstrous drive-by, he'll pop back up again in a couple of weeks with new stuff he'll never revisit.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:08 pm

Ah, I see, but he's lacking the cojones to admit his thread was dumb and apologize for it? Really? our little buddy is like this?

Return to “Holocaust Denial”