Elie Wiesel

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
Balsamo
Frequent Poster

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby Balsamo » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:43 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Statmec:

Just the opposite - figures! - Sandy Rogers' songs for Fool for Love (Sam Shepherd) are amazing -but the movie itself was so bad you have to separate the music from it; I found nothing redeeming in The Deer Hunter. Meryl Streep is another aspect of it that I could do without. Sad to see de Niro in such a hot mess.

No idea what those other movies have to do with this. I never saw them, though, so I can't say. I mean a Teletubbies movie, if there was one, or Teen Wolf or whatever was probably worse than Fool for Love - but I meant among movies that tried having a purpose other than selling tickets and popcorn.

Sandy Rogers...You mean the one who must have inspired the voice for the "Minions" ?????????? :mrgreen: Not that i don't appreciate Country music, but then it would be Dolly Parton or Johnny Cash, not some kind of synthesis of both.
Note that i really like the Dixie Chicks i had the pleasure to host...nice and simple country girls...had a terrific time.
But Sandy Rogers is the kind of stuff you use when it is time to close your bar and want people to leave as quick as possible.

I of course was talking about Atlman's disgrace as well...

:lol: :lol: "full moon junction" is one of this crap i assimilate to Fool for love the movie...i both saw them sooo long ago, but funny, both names i remember...

And indeed, i just can't stand Dirty Dancing! It is visceral...hate the actors, the musics, the plots... I have mentioned this one because, just like the Deer Hunter (rightly), Dirty Dancing managed to reach the status of Cult movie (absurd)...

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:45 pm

Worst film? Far and away Kevin Costner's "Waterworld".

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:46 pm

3rd worst . . . LOL
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

- Rudolf Hess, letter, 1927

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:49 pm

Balsamo wrote:Sandy Rogers...You mean the one who must have inspired the voice for the "Minions" ??????????

Don't know what "Minions" is but yep, Sam Shepherd's sister . . . did a song for Reservoir Dogs (called Fool for Love I think LOL), sound track for Fool for Love, and then some LP that sold zero . . . Well, Johnny Cash, {!#%@} yeah, but who is Johnny Cash? No one. My parents, who were classical music snobs, I'd say, loved Johnny Cash . . . I am not very keen on Dolly Parton or the Dixie Chicks, though I like certain kinds of country music a lot . . . Bruce Robison, yeah, his brother is married to one of the Dixie Chicks . . . but I digress.
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:52 pm

Waterworld was truly god awful.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:53 pm

How the hell does a thread go from Elie Wiesel's passing to the Dixie Chicks?

Jeffk 1970
Perpetual Poster

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:13 pm

Ok, that's it.
Now I'm on a full on tangent about bad movies.....
I know what I want to talk about next.

Jeffk 1970
Perpetual Poster

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:46 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:How the hell does a thread go from Elie Wiesel's passing to the Dixie Chicks?

OK, I've opened a thread on worst movies on the "Letting Go of God Subject, Radio/TV/Film.

I'm interested in what everyone has to say about the subject, I gave my top 10.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:50 pm

LOL

RizoliTV
BANNED

Postby RizoliTV » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:03 pm

Good news about the Weasel....
https://youtu.be/uhBB8RsPWJ0

JR

Balsamo
Frequent Poster

Postby Balsamo » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:13 pm

Good initiative, as i could of course not post a video of the minions to enlighten Statmec in such a thread.

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:15 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:How the hell does a thread go from Elie Wiesel's passing to the Dixie Chicks?

Because the Dixie Chicks are easier to look at.

Jeffk 1970
Perpetual Poster

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:19 pm

Xcalibur wrote:

Because the Dixie Chicks are easier to look at.

LOL, this is very true.

Jeffk 1970
Perpetual Poster

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:35 am

Jim Rizoli has now joined us.

Jim is a denier extraordinaire, a useful mouthpiece for Germar Rudolf and Fred Leuchter.

Unfortunately, Jim does not know much about history.

I dedicate this to you, Jim.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ydCNh9tNP2o

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:43 am

Good song choice all around. :)

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:45 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:I'm actually glad I did, I now know that Mr. Wiesel did in fact have a tatto. I'd never seen that picture before of his tatto.

Thanks to D-H for those photos.

Jeff_36
Persistent Poster

Postby Jeff_36 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:20 am

RizoliTV wrote:Good news about the Weasel....

JR

Please keep posting so that I can do to you what I have done to Monstrous and what D-H and JK have done to you elsewhere. I'm actually looking forward to it you chowderhead {!#%@}.

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:19 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:I'm actually glad I did, I now know that Mr. Wiesel did in fact have a tatto. I'd never seen that picture before of his tatto.

Thanks to D-H for those photos.

They aren't hard to find, Codoh talks about him so much you can find them in a pinch. Its not hard to understand how bad these tattoo's can get. They can at times be practically invisible. Like the one I have just linked...

The one provided by Scrm ended all debate for me in the past on Elies tattoo...

There is no reason to rely of a damn 1990's video which uses "odd" "angles". That can be so blurry that its not worth even arguing over. Pictures from a documentary which they appear to have watched on 240p on youtube, that was originally filmed 1996.
Last edited by Denying-History on Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
« Oral history is a complex field. After all, memory can be a distorting mirror, as anyone who has ever worked with memoir literature knows very well...They may be imperfect, and, at times, inaccurate as the narrator tries to cast himself in the most favorable light, but all sources are imperfect. Even an archival document reflects how the person who drafted it understood something and remains something less than the unvarnished truth. »
- James Mace

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:38 am

RizoliTV wrote:Good news about the Weasel....

JR

So this is a discussion forum not a venue for advertising junk long past its sell-by date. You'll catch on. When you do, Monstrous needs help in his Einsatzgruppen thread and also with the Lebensborn thread - David (abetted by Hunt and Black Rabbit of Inlé) has totally bollixed up the Majdanek thread - and he has come up empty in the Treblinka steam thread.

Ian Hazard
Poster

Postby Ian Hazard » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:45 pm

Denying-History wrote:
ryu wrote:One thing I never understood was the whole tattoo thing...
http://www.dailystormer.com/wp-content/ ... 18x416.jpg
Let's face it...it's a mystery. I mean I know tattoos fade over time...

He has a tattoo it just wasn't picked up for one of two reasons.

1) it's faded over time.

2) sunlight issues.

3) also deniers regularly mark out the wrong spot for his tattoo.

In the following photo you can see his tattoo

And this is where deniers tell you to look.

The issue is his tattoo was crude, and over the years. Like other survivors tattoos, would loose it's shade. Don't listen to deniers on the subject. They rely on images that you cannot even zoom in on.

What is the provenance of the b&w photograph which is supposedly of Elie Wiesel in this post?

Show me one serious revisionist who claims Elie Wiesel's tattoo was on his elbow. Shucks, you guys are pathetic.

Ian Hazard
Poster

Postby Ian Hazard » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:48 pm

Where is the tattoo, faded or not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr8_JaKde2Q

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:53 pm

Ian Hazard wrote:
Denying-History wrote:
ryu wrote:One thing I never understood was the whole tattoo thing...
http://www.dailystormer.com/wp-content/ ... 18x416.jpg
Let's face it...it's a mystery. I mean I know tattoos fade over time...

He has a tattoo it just wasn't picked up for one of two reasons.

1) it's faded over time.

2) sunlight issues.

3) also deniers regularly mark out the wrong spot for his tattoo.

In the following photo you can see his tattoo

And this is where deniers tell you to look.

The issue is his tattoo was crude, and over the years. Like other survivors tattoos, would loose it's shade. Don't listen to deniers on the subject. They rely on images that you cannot even zoom in on.

What is the provenance of the b&w photograph which is supposedly of Elie Wiesel in this post?

Show me one serious revisionist who claims Elie Wiesel's tattoo was on his elbow. Shucks, you guys are pathetic.

You have seen a screen shot from one, and it is also on Yeagers site as well.

Regardless perhaps you should look at the links provided. You will see how bad tattoos can get.
« Oral history is a complex field. After all, memory can be a distorting mirror, as anyone who has ever worked with memoir literature knows very well...They may be imperfect, and, at times, inaccurate as the narrator tries to cast himself in the most favorable light, but all sources are imperfect. Even an archival document reflects how the person who drafted it understood something and remains something less than the unvarnished truth. »
- James Mace

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:56 pm

Ian Hazard wrote:Where is the tattoo, faded or not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr8_JaKde2Q

Perhaps you don't understand how bad survivor tattoos can get.

As well, just as a by the way, watch the video and tell me one angle that it's close up enough to notice a tattoo.
- James Mace

Ian Hazard
Poster

Postby Ian Hazard » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:59 pm

Claude Lanzmann the director of Shoah disrespects the memory of Elie Wiesel.

http://www1.alliancefr.com/actualites/u ... er-6041498

Ian Hazard
Poster

Postby Ian Hazard » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:05 pm

Denying-History wrote:

I have asked you to provide background information on that photograph. You have dodged.

Who is Yeager? Please provide a link to the site and the photograph.

Jeffk 1970
Perpetual Poster

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:17 pm

Ian Hazard wrote:
Denying-History wrote:

I have asked you to provide background information on that photograph. You have dodged.

http://www.eliewieseltattoo.com/

Gee, I posted this thread to get reaction to his death, not to draw in deniers.

What's your deal, Ian?
Are you going to join in the discussion about transit camps? How about the Einsatzgruppen?
Are you going to go on about steam? 15 second showers at Treblinka?
Why don't you enlighten us with proof of where the Jews went if they didn't die?

Jeff_36
Persistent Poster

Postby Jeff_36 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:17 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Denying-History wrote:I agree with Balsamo... I think we should just kill this thread... It seems more appropriate.

Up to you.....I thought it a worthwhile subject to bring up. He's probably the most famous survivor I knew, though I personally liked Toivi Blatt, who seemed personable.

Richard Glazar came off fantastically in my eyes. He had a very detailed recall and was quite nuanced.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:30 pm

Ian Hazard wrote: . . . Show me one serious revisionist . . .

Oxymoron alert.

Jeff_36
Persistent Poster

Postby Jeff_36 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:30 pm

Ian Hazard wrote:What is the provenance of the b&w photograph which is supposedly of Elie Wiesel in this post?

If you were to get a poorly done stab-job of a tattoo at the age of 14, by the time you were in your 80's it would be barley visible.

While I appreciate him as an author (not a historian), have respect for his speaking out against Holocaust Denial and Armenian Genocide denial and admire his courage and heroism, I think that Wiesel was far from perfect, he occasionally talked folly and his weighing in on the Iran deal was unfortunate to say the least. But your attempts to discredit the base of his wartime experience are morally repulsive and reveal your Nazi agenda.

Ian Hazard
Poster

Postby Ian Hazard » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:49 pm

Jeff_36 wrote:
Ian Hazard wrote:What is the provenance of the b&w photograph which is supposedly of Elie Wiesel in this post?

If you were to get a poorly done stab-job of a tattoo at the age of 14, by the time you were in your 80's it would be barley visible.

Prove it was a poorly done stab job. Many survivors have tattoos which are still clearly visible.

Jeff_36 wrote:While I appreciate him as an author (not a historian), have respect for his speaking out against Holocaust Denial and Armenian Genocide denial and admire his courage and heroism, I think that Wiesel was far from perfect, he occasionally talked folly and his weighing in on the Iran deal was unfortunate to say the least.

Do you also respect him for playing down the massacres of defenseless women and children in the Sabra and Shatila camps back in the 80s?

Jeff_36 wrote:But your attempts to discredit the base of his wartime experience are morally repulsive and reveal your Nazi agenda.

Shucks, another pathetic loser lets rip with his keyboard. Is Claude Lanzmann also a morally repulsive Nazi?

Ian Hazard
Poster

Postby Ian Hazard » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:53 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Ian Hazard wrote:
Denying-History wrote:

What's your deal, Ian?
Are you going to join in the discussion about transit camps? How about the Einsatzgruppen?
Why don't you enlighten us with proof of where the Jews went if they didn't die?

Please try and stay on topic. We are discussing Elie Wiesel in this thread.

Jeffk 1970
Perpetual Poster

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:08 pm

Ian Hazard wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Ian Hazard wrote:
Denying-History wrote:

What's your deal, Ian?

It's my thread, Ian. I'll stay on topic.....or not.

Besides, we sometimes stray. No big deal.
On this thread we've discussed bad movies and the Dixie Chicks. Variety is the spice of life.

But, I'll accede to your request. Here are some follow up questions:
Do you doubt that Eli had a tattoo?
Do you doubt he was in concentration camp?
By extension, does this lead to doubt of the Holocaust itself?

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:17 pm

Are we going to get a reply of "he never described gas chambers" and "he chose to go with the Germans"? Gee, I hope so. Will Ian bring in "geysers of blood" and "some things are true"? Like it is all so new and so urgent . . .

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:18 pm

Ian Hazard wrote:
Denying-History wrote:

You ever hear of Google images? You can search photos.

Its clearly recognized by Yeager as shes the one who uploaded it.... Claiming that it was of Elie.

http://www.eliewieseltattoo.com/show-us-a-tattoo-darn-it/

As well UofM also uploaded a photo which quiet clearly shows a faded tattoo!.

- James Mace

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:23 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:By extension, does this lead to doubt of the Holocaust itself?

My guess is that the most references to Wiesel in this subforum concern Hunt's felony elevator assault. Check that, after this thread! The next most numerous category probably comes from deniers referring to a generic "Wiesel" meme (meant to equal whatever point the denier wants to make at the time) or posting as though we should defend Wiesel's writing, which very few of us have read and which we almost never refer to, or account for popular lionization of Wiesel, as though we're responsible for it.

Ian Hazard
Poster

Postby Ian Hazard » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:30 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Ian Hazard wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Ian Hazard wrote:
Denying-History wrote:

What's your deal, Ian?

On this thread we've discussed bad movies and the Dixie Chicks. Variety is the spice of life.

Dodging is a tactic used by liars.

Jeffk 1970 wrote:But, I'll accede to your request.

Your arrogance and unwillingness to engage in open debate is duly noted. :roll:

Jeffk 1970 wrote:Here are some follow up questions:

Some legitimate requests of mine which are still outstanding.

What is the provenance of the b&w photograph which is supposedly of Elie Wiesel?

Show me one serious revisionist who claims Elie Wiesel's tattoo was on his elbow.

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:34 pm

Ian Hazard wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Ian Hazard wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Ian Hazard wrote:
Denying-History wrote:

What's your deal, Ian?

What is the provenance of the b&w photograph which is supposedly of Elie Wiesel?

Show me one serious revisionist who claims Elie Wiesel's tattoo was on his elbow.

You don't know her? Heres a semi-photoshopped image.

Now tell me, quite clearly... Where in the linked video you provided could one see that Elie has not tattoo? Meaning both at a good angle and close up?
- James Mace

Jeffk 1970
Perpetual Poster

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:52 pm

Ian Hazard wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Ian Hazard wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Ian Hazard wrote:
Denying-History wrote:

What's your deal, Ian?

My, you are a fun one.

BTW, I never lie.
I've been accused of arrogance on occasion, I'm really OK with it because it comes from deniers.

Are you having problems with your eyesight?
I just did.

Here, I'll do it again:

Jeffk 1970
Perpetual Poster

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:54 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Ian Hazard wrote: . . . Show me one serious revisionist . . .

Oxymoron alert.

:lol: :lol:

We seem to have hooked a new one.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:59 pm

Ian Hazard wrote:Some legitimate requests of mine which are still outstanding.

Please note that Jeffk didn't post the b&w photograph of Elie Wiesel - and in fact wrote that he'd not been aware of such a thing. Why on earth should his question to you not be answered - speaking of dodging - on account of something you asked someone else for and something which Jeffk clearly is not in a position to answer?

Ian Hazard wrote:Show me one serious revisionist who claims Elie Wiesel's tattoo was on his elbow.

Show us a serious revisionist. But, again, Jeffk didn't make this claim, nor did he mention Yeager, whose site Denying-History has already linked to. By Jeffk, who was kind enough to help Denying-History out with the link you requested of Denying-History.

Plan to keep dodging Jeffk's questions?

Return to “Holocaust Denial”