Elie Wiesel

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 16114
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:00 am

RizoliTV wrote:I hope Joe comes along we'll see he's trying to figure out how the site works.

JR


Has he signed up but his first post not been approved yet? If so, it's still waiting in the queue and will show up once Pyrrho got to it.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 16114
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:04 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:Because anyone disturbing Ian's little talking-to-himself fest and answering the questions of deniers must be a Jew?


Jim once accused me of thinking like a Jew.

I'm not surprised. Anyone not aligning with his sentiments is probably viewed as the enemy. Come to think of it, anyone engaging in that cranial activity at all most likely is too. :-P

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 16114
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:07 am

Newest member: JoRizz.



( :hmm: What on earth was he thinking?)

User avatar
Denying-History
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1529
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:01 pm

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby Denying-History » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:51 am

Its rather far from clever.
« Oral history is a complex field. After all, memory can be a distorting mirror, as anyone who has ever worked with memoir literature knows very well...They may be imperfect, and, at times, inaccurate as the narrator tries to cast himself in the most favorable light, but all sources are imperfect. Even an archival document reflects how the person who drafted it understood something and remains something less than the unvarnished truth. »
- James Mace

User avatar
Jeff_36
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3770
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:45 pm

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby Jeff_36 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:25 am

RizoliTV wrote:There is no doubt the Germans suffered tremendously after the WAR,


... not as much as they made others suffer during the war that they started.

Did Jews kill Germans....I have no doubt.....they were on the war path searching out German soldiers specifically for exacting their vengeance upon them. In my interviews with Holocaust Survivors Germans (not Jews) this week the Jews were plenty busy stealing and robbing the refugee Germans form all their property and homes.


It was the Jews who were refugees you moron. And I am legitimately taken aback that you would refer to some scattered reprisals as a Holocaust.

Also: I had no idea that there were so many embittered Ost-Deutschen living in T-dot.

User avatar
Jeff_36
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3770
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:45 pm

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby Jeff_36 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:31 am

scrmbldggs wrote:Newest member: JoRizz.



( :hmm: What on earth was he thinking?)


His brother or just another sockpuppet?

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 16114
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:14 am

Maybe worse: Twin. :-P

User avatar
Jeff_36
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3770
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:45 pm

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby Jeff_36 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:00 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Maybe worse: Twin. :-P


Image

Ian Hazard
Poster
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:05 am

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby Ian Hazard » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:23 pm

I will take this latest lie filled reply from Denying-History as an admission he has abandoned ethics altogether.

I have never asked you for the location of Elie Wiesel's tattoo. Please provide the exact quote where you claim I have done so. I am sure any attentive readers who have been following this topic would also like to see some solid evidence backing this latest lie assertion.

I am still waiting for you to answer my questions about the camera used to film the Eva Kor documentary.

Denying-History wrote:
Might I also explain that this was a cheap camera filming the documentary. It's a 90's camera and detail isn't like what it is today.

The very simple question Denying-History keeps running from:
Please provide us with the make and model of camera used in filming the documentary you speak of. We will then all have an opportunity to make educated judgment as to whether the camera was a cheap and cheerful piece of junk incapable of capturing any real detail as you claim, or a camera which could be trusted to do just the opposite.

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3879
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:29 pm

Ian Hazard wrote:I will take this latest lie filled reply from Denying-History as an admission he has abandoned ethics altogether.

I have never asked you for the location of Elie Wiesel's tattoo. Please provide the exact quote where you claim I have done so. I am sure any attentive readers who have been following this topic would also like to see some solid evidence backing this latest lie assertion.

I am still waiting for you to answer my questions about the camera used to film the Eva Kor documentary.

Denying-History wrote:
Might I also explain that this was a cheap camera filming the documentary. It's a 90's camera and detail isn't like what it is today.

The very simple question Denying-History keeps running from:
Please provide us with the make and model of camera used in filming the documentary you speak of. We will then all have an opportunity to make educated judgment as to whether the camera was a cheap and cheerful piece of junk incapable of capturing any real detail as you claim, or a camera which could be trusted to do just the opposite.


I believe I told you to get me information about the camera Hunt used to film his documentary.
Why have you not provided this information?

Ian Hazard
Poster
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:05 am

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby Ian Hazard » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:56 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Ian Hazard wrote:I will take this latest lie filled reply from Denying-History as an admission he has abandoned ethics altogether.

I have never asked you for the location of Elie Wiesel's tattoo. Please provide the exact quote where you claim I have done so. I am sure any attentive readers who have been following this topic would also like to see some solid evidence backing this latest lie assertion.

I am still waiting for you to answer my questions about the camera used to film the Eva Kor documentary.

Denying-History wrote:
Might I also explain that this was a cheap camera filming the documentary. It's a 90's camera and detail isn't like what it is today.

The very simple question Denying-History keeps running from:
Please provide us with the make and model of camera used in filming the documentary you speak of. We will then all have an opportunity to make educated judgment as to whether the camera was a cheap and cheerful piece of junk incapable of capturing any real detail as you claim, or a camera which could be trusted to do just the opposite.


I believe I told you to get me information about the camera Hunt used to film his documentary.
Why have you not provided this information?


I have never ever claimed to know what cameras Eric Hunt uses to film his documentaries. If you want to know that type of specific information I suggest you ask Mr. Hunt himself.

The attentive reader will note Jeffk 1970 has spammed this topic once again without adding anything of value to the discussion. The attentive reader will also understand that spamming, mobbing and trolling are the standard operating procedures of Holocaust promoters on this forum. At SSF it appears as though the "truth" really does fear enquiry.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 16114
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:09 pm

Nah, any attentive reader will understand the inanity of the position of deniers.

And also that the action and request of backing up claims through valid evidence and facts is considered "spamming" by them. :lol:
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3879
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:12 pm

Ian Hazard wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Ian Hazard wrote:I will take this latest lie filled reply from Denying-History as an admission he has abandoned ethics altogether.

I have never asked you for the location of Elie Wiesel's tattoo. Please provide the exact quote where you claim I have done so. I am sure any attentive readers who have been following this topic would also like to see some solid evidence backing this latest lie assertion.

I am still waiting for you to answer my questions about the camera used to film the Eva Kor documentary.

Denying-History wrote:
Might I also explain that this was a cheap camera filming the documentary. It's a 90's camera and detail isn't like what it is today.

The very simple question Denying-History keeps running from:
Please provide us with the make and model of camera used in filming the documentary you speak of. We will then all have an opportunity to make educated judgment as to whether the camera was a cheap and cheerful piece of junk incapable of capturing any real detail as you claim, or a camera which could be trusted to do just the opposite.


I believe I told you to get me information about the camera Hunt used to film his documentary.
Why have you not provided this information?


I have never ever claimed to know what cameras Eric Hunt uses to film his documentaries. If you want to know that type of specific information I suggest you ask Mr. Hunt himself.

The attentive reader will note Jeffk 1970 has spammed this topic once again without adding anything of value to the discussion. The attentive reader will also understand that spamming, mobbing and trolling are the standard operating procedures of Holocaust promoters on this forum. At SSF it appears as though the "truth" really does fear enquiry.



The attentive reader will also note that I actually started this thread....and that I did so to honor Mr. Wiesel, not to allow Holocaust deniers to take shots at him.

You are asking D-H for specific information about cameras. Since you can't provide specific information, why would you expect him to? If the documentary was filmed in the 90's, it stands to reason that the camera quality would not be as good as something shot in the last year, 5 years ago or even 10 years ago as HD technology was not available in the 90's.

You are very arrogant, very sure of yourself, Ian. Why don't you stop trolling this thread and come play with the big boys on another, more history/Holocaust specific thread? The deniers on this site could use your help.

I expect a more meaningful contribution from you, Ian. Frankly, you have not impressed me.

Ian Hazard
Poster
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:05 am

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby Ian Hazard » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:20 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:You are asking D-H for specific information about cameras. Since you can't provide specific information, why would you expect him to? If the documentary was filmed in the 90's, it stands to reason that the camera quality would not be as good as something shot in the last year, 5 years ago or even 10 years ago as HD technology was not available in the 90's.


Stop trolling! I have never claimed to have specific information about any camera in this topic. Go back and reread the thread and get up to speed on the discussion. Denying-History claimed the camera used in the making of the Elie Wiesel documentary was a "cheap one". How did he know it was a cheap camera without knowing what model it was? Btw, does anyone here know what company made that particular documentary?

I'll take Denying-History's continued absence from this topic as an admission he attempted to mislead the forum by lying about the camera.

Ian Hazard
Poster
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:05 am

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby Ian Hazard » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:23 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:The attentive reader will also note that I actually started this thread....and that I did so to honor Mr. Wiesel, not to allow Holocaust deniers to take shots at him.


I am not a Holocaust denier. All I did was ask a question about Wiesel's tattoo. Are you also accusing survivor Nikolaus Grüner of being a Holocaust denier because he questions Wiesel's WW2 history?

Any reader with a working moral compass might also wonder why Jeffk 1970 would want to to honor an individual who as a young man attempted to join the Irgun terrorist group which at the time was murdering innocent women and children in Palestine. In later life Wiesel was condemned for failing to speak out after the Sabra and Shatila massacre in Lebanon when thousands of unarmed women and children were murdered by militias allied with Israel. Who will you be honoring next Jeffk 1970, Ariel Sharon?


Jeffk 1970 wrote:You are very arrogant, very sure of yourself, Ian.


If standing up to your bullying, trolling and obfuscating makes me arrogant in your eyes then so be it.

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Posts: 11254
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:48 pm

Ian Hazard wrote:[I'll take Denying-History's continued absence from this topic as an admission he attempted to mislead the forum by lying about the camera.

More likely lack of ongoing interest in a topic about which deniers obsess.
Last edited by Statistical Mechanic on Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

- Rudolf Hess, letter, 1927

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3879
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:52 pm

Ian Hazard wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:The attentive reader will also note that I actually started this thread....and that I did so to honor Mr. Wiesel, not to allow Holocaust deniers to take shots at him.


I am not a Holocaust denier. All I did was ask a question about Wiesel's tattoo. Are you also accusing survivor Nikolaus Grüner of being a Holocaust denier because he questions Wiesel's WW2 history?

Any reader with a working moral compass might also wonder why Jeffk 1970 would want to to honor an individual who as a young man attempted to join the Irgun terrorist group which at the time was murdering innocent women and children in Palestine. In later life Wiesel was condemned for failing to speak out after the Sabra and Shatila massacre in Lebanon when thousands of unarmed women and children were murdered by militias allied with Israel. Who will you be honoring next Jeffk 1970, Ariel Sharon?


Jeffk 1970 wrote:You are very arrogant, very sure of yourself, Ian.


If standing up to your bullying, trolling and obfuscating makes me arrogant in your eyes then so be it.


Don't make this about Gruner.

Who will you honor next? Heinrich Himmler?


Give it a rest about the Irgun, Ian. You don't care about the Palestinians.

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3879
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:54 pm

Ian Hazard wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:You are asking D-H for specific information about cameras. Since you can't provide specific information, why would you expect him to? If the documentary was filmed in the 90's, it stands to reason that the camera quality would not be as good as something shot in the last year, 5 years ago or even 10 years ago as HD technology was not available in the 90's.


Stop trolling! I have never claimed to have specific information about any camera in this topic. Go back and reread the thread and get up to speed on the discussion. Denying-History claimed the camera used in the making of the Elie Wiesel documentary was a "cheap one". How did he know it was a cheap camera without knowing what model it was? Btw, does anyone here know what company made that particular documentary?

I'll take Denying-History's continued absence from this topic as an admission he attempted to mislead the forum by lying about the camera.


I believe you are the troll. No one wants your input about Elie.

I'm still waiting for you to let us know about your knowledge base, Ian.

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3879
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:55 pm

Am I bullying you, Ian?

You have my deepest apologies.

:roll:

User avatar
Aaron Richards
Poster
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:03 am

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby Aaron Richards » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:23 pm

We're 5 pages in and I am surprised nobody has posted this photo (the position matches perfectly with the old black and white one posted on the first page):

Image

One image discredits the entire "where's elie wiesel tattoo" website.

(now watch the deniers move the goalposts and start saying "well we cannot tell if it says A-7713 or not") :D
"...we had the duty towards our Volk (the German people) to kill this Volk (the Jewish people) that wanted to kill us." - Himmler in his 1943 Posen speech reminding any future holocaust denier how absurd their beliefs really are.
I compile rebuttals to popular holocaust denier canards here: http://imgur.com/a/725A7

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3879
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:51 pm

Aaron Richards wrote:We're 5 pages in and I am surprised nobody has posted this photo (the position matches perfectly with the old black and white one posted on the first page):

Image

One image discredits the entire "where's elie wiesel tattoo" website.

(now watch the deniers move the goalposts and start saying "well we cannot tell if it says A-7713 or not") :D


I'd post this to Carolyn Yeager but apparently I am now "known" to deniers and she wouldn't approve the post.


:lol:

User avatar
Denying-History
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1529
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:01 pm

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby Denying-History » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:23 am

I just realized I never responded to Ian on this thread.

Ian Hazard wrote:
Denying-History wrote:
Here is another example of a tattoo that is hard to notice.

Image

Do you need any more examples that this man whom even just died today did have a tattoo?

Might I also explain that this was a cheap camera filming the documentary. It's a 90's camera and detail isn't like what it is today.

Eva Kor's Auschwitz tattoo is never usually hard to notice. She has appeared in numerous documentaries and has been photographed thousands of times from all angles . There is NO DOUBT Eva has a tattoo!

Please provide us with the make and model of camera used in filming the documentary you speak of. We will then all have an opportunity to make educated judgment as to whether the camera was a cheap and cheerful piece of junk incapable of capturing any real detail as you claim, or a camera which could be trusted to do just the opposite.


Perhaps you missed the point of this, it was a cheap camera... This means that it was poor quality recording wise. The camera as also from the 1990's, for some reason you fail to understand that means it's practical the same quality wise as Shoah. Just watch the videos uploaded and you will see how poor the quality of the footage is.

You could maybe look at the photograph I provided any also take into account light concentration, which clearly is the cause for that.

I also don't really see providing the make and model being worth my time, as all the videos which try to show Elie doesn't have a damn tattoo are shown in 360p. One of the lowest qualitys on YouTube.

I find it funny that you push that I claim to know the camera type but I don't, if you have read any of the comments I clearly say that the film quality is complete {!#%@}.

Denying-History wrote:There is one shot of Wiesel showing his arm, but as anyone can see its highly concentrated on...

This is a screenshot from Nikolaus Miklos Gruner's documentary.

Image

There is a chance that Miklos has the wrong person, which may have lead to his conclusions on Elie. As deniers always say, Human Memory is Flawed. Mind also Miklos said the Germans were trying to kill the Jews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCF9NcJMWdg

So using him as an argument against Elie is being very selective with your sources.


I have shown you the video plenty of times and it gets rather funny when you look at the direct footage! Anyone who can call that shot from that film perfect quality is completely full of {!#%@}.
« Oral history is a complex field. After all, memory can be a distorting mirror, as anyone who has ever worked with memoir literature knows very well...They may be imperfect, and, at times, inaccurate as the narrator tries to cast himself in the most favorable light, but all sources are imperfect. Even an archival document reflects how the person who drafted it understood something and remains something less than the unvarnished truth. »
- James Mace

ryu
Poster
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:50 am

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby ryu » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:14 am

http://www.eliewieseltattoo.com/ken-wal ... uchenwald/
Did ken waltzed publisher a book with elite wisel in a concentration camp?

ryu
Poster
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:50 am

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby ryu » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:18 am

Denying-History wrote:I just realized I never responded to Ian on this thread.

Ian Hazard wrote:
Denying-History wrote:
Here is another example of a tattoo that is hard to notice.

Image

Do you need any more examples that this man whom even just died today did have a tattoo?

Might I also explain that this was a cheap camera filming the documentary. It's a 90's camera and detail isn't like what it is today.

Eva Kor's Auschwitz tattoo is never usually hard to notice. She has appeared in numerous documentaries and has been photographed thousands of times from all angles . There is NO DOUBT Eva has a tattoo!

Please provide us with the make and model of camera used in filming the documentary you speak of. We will then all have an opportunity to make educated judgment as to whether the camera was a cheap and cheerful piece of junk incapable of capturing any real detail as you claim, or a camera which could be trusted to do just the opposite.


Perhaps you missed the point of this, it was a cheap camera... This means that it was poor quality recording wise. The camera as also from the 1990's, for some reason you fail to understand that means it's practical the same quality wise as Shoah. Just watch the videos uploaded and you will see how poor the quality of the footage is.

You could maybe look at the photograph I provided any also take into account light concentration, which clearly is the cause for that.

I also don't really see providing the make and model being worth my time, as all the videos which try to show Elie doesn't have a damn tattoo are shown in 360p. One of the lowest qualitys on YouTube.

I find it funny that you push that I claim to know the camera type but I don't, if you have read any of the comments I clearly say that the film quality is complete {!#%@}.

Denying-History wrote:There is one shot of Wiesel showing his arm, but as anyone can see its highly concentrated on...

This is a screenshot from Nikolaus Miklos Gruner's documentary.

Image

There is a chance that Miklos has the wrong person, which may have lead to his conclusions on Elie. As deniers always say, Human Memory is Flawed. Mind also Miklos said the Germans were trying to kill the Jews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCF9NcJMWdg

So using him as an argument against Elie is being very selective with your sources.


I have shown you the video plenty of times and it gets rather funny when you look at the direct footage! Anyone who can call that shot from that film perfect quality is completely full of {!#%@}.


So a horrible camera with lens flare blocks a tattoo we can see in other places...and they say it doesn't exist?

User avatar
Denying-History
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1529
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:01 pm

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby Denying-History » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:04 am

ryu wrote:
Denying-History wrote:I just realized I never responded to Ian on this thread.

Ian Hazard wrote:
Denying-History wrote:
Here is another example of a tattoo that is hard to notice.

Image

Do you need any more examples that this man whom even just died today did have a tattoo?

Might I also explain that this was a cheap camera filming the documentary. It's a 90's camera and detail isn't like what it is today.

Eva Kor's Auschwitz tattoo is never usually hard to notice. She has appeared in numerous documentaries and has been photographed thousands of times from all angles . There is NO DOUBT Eva has a tattoo!

Please provide us with the make and model of camera used in filming the documentary you speak of. We will then all have an opportunity to make educated judgment as to whether the camera was a cheap and cheerful piece of junk incapable of capturing any real detail as you claim, or a camera which could be trusted to do just the opposite.


Perhaps you missed the point of this, it was a cheap camera... This means that it was poor quality recording wise. The camera as also from the 1990's, for some reason you fail to understand that means it's practical the same quality wise as Shoah. Just watch the videos uploaded and you will see how poor the quality of the footage is.

You could maybe look at the photograph I provided any also take into account light concentration, which clearly is the cause for that.

I also don't really see providing the make and model being worth my time, as all the videos which try to show Elie doesn't have a damn tattoo are shown in 360p. One of the lowest qualitys on YouTube.

I find it funny that you push that I claim to know the camera type but I don't, if you have read any of the comments I clearly say that the film quality is complete {!#%@}.

Denying-History wrote:There is one shot of Wiesel showing his arm, but as anyone can see its highly concentrated on...

This is a screenshot from Nikolaus Miklos Gruner's documentary.

Image

There is a chance that Miklos has the wrong person, which may have lead to his conclusions on Elie. As deniers always say, Human Memory is Flawed. Mind also Miklos said the Germans were trying to kill the Jews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCF9NcJMWdg

So using him as an argument against Elie is being very selective with your sources.


I have shown you the video plenty of times and it gets rather funny when you look at the direct footage! Anyone who can call that shot from that film perfect quality is completely full of {!#%@}.


So a horrible camera with lens flare blocks a tattoo we can see in other places...and they say it doesn't exist?


No a shitty camera from the 1990's that was concentrated during a time when light was reflecting off Elies arm.
« Oral history is a complex field. After all, memory can be a distorting mirror, as anyone who has ever worked with memoir literature knows very well...They may be imperfect, and, at times, inaccurate as the narrator tries to cast himself in the most favorable light, but all sources are imperfect. Even an archival document reflects how the person who drafted it understood something and remains something less than the unvarnished truth. »
- James Mace

Ian Hazard
Poster
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:05 am

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby Ian Hazard » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:52 pm

Denying-History wrote:I also don't really see providing the make and model being worth my time, as all the videos which try to show Elie doesn't have a damn tattoo are shown in 360p. One of the lowest qualitys on YouTube.

I find it funny that you push that I claim to know the camera type but I don't, if you have read any of the comments I clearly say that the film quality is complete {!#%@}.


Denying-History wrote:Perhaps you missed the point of this, it was a cheap camera... This means that it was poor quality recording wise.


I'll take this as an admission you have lied to me and attempted to mislead the forum regarding the camera. You have claimed it was a cheap camera. That implies you must know the model type. Otherwise how could you have known it was a cheap camera?

What has the quality of the video on YouTube got to do with the quality the camera is actually capable of producing? Are you now compounding your original lie by suggesting this camera can only film at a maximum resolution of 360p?

User avatar
Denying-History
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1529
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:01 pm

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby Denying-History » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:51 pm

Ian Hazard wrote:
Denying-History wrote:I also don't really see providing the make and model being worth my time, as all the videos which try to show Elie doesn't have a damn tattoo are shown in 360p. One of the lowest qualitys on YouTube.

I find it funny that you push that I claim to know the camera type but I don't, if you have read any of the comments I clearly say that the film quality is complete {!#%@}.


Denying-History wrote:Perhaps you missed the point of this, it was a cheap camera... This means that it was poor quality recording wise.


I'll take this as an admission you have lied to me and attempted to mislead the forum regarding the camera. You have claimed it was a cheap camera. That implies you must know the model type. Otherwise how could you have known it was a cheap camera?

What has the quality of the video on YouTube got to do with the quality the camera is actually capable of producing? Are you now compounding your original lie by suggesting this camera can only film at a maximum resolution of 360p?


Hey Ian, what model did Eric use to record his Treblinka film? What you don't know? Oh well it's totally not like you can tell the quality of the film from the upload quality. :roll:

Or could it just be that deniers perposly upload the footage in 360p?

No Ian it implies no such thing. Based on the footage deniers use its awkward angles and an over exposed shot. I have explained this before.

Now instead of dissapearing for months on end to only come back to cause issues over a dead mans tattoo. A man with hardly any impact on the actual quality of the historical research. (Why not complain about an easier target like Blaha?) Just admit the quality of the footage is shitty.

If you don't agree that the quality of this shot is dishonest, then I have nothing else to say to you.

Image

It's a shitty quality 360p reupload into a 'documentary' which is heavily saturated.

If you want to ignore all the clear quality photographs here which show a tattoo then you are just fooling yourself. Aaron's should have ended this, but for some unknown reason you wish to continue this petty issue of camera model. I don't have the camera model, but from the footage quality it's quite clear that 360p is not labeled as HD on youtube in fact it's the 3rd worst upload quality... That alone should tell you something and it implies two things.

A) Deniers are uploading shitty quality videos from the documentary on purpose.

Or

B) The camera was SHITTY.

Giving the uploader of any of the videos a benefit of the doubt, the Camera was shitty. Cause clearly when it's not a shitty camera his Tattoo appears just fine:

Image

Also the Tattoo is quite faded is you look at it. That tends to happen over a period of 60+ years.

Also mind that footage from that period is no where close to modern quality. So the assumption is quite clear here. The camera was ether {!#%@} awful or deniers are being dishonest.
« Oral history is a complex field. After all, memory can be a distorting mirror, as anyone who has ever worked with memoir literature knows very well...They may be imperfect, and, at times, inaccurate as the narrator tries to cast himself in the most favorable light, but all sources are imperfect. Even an archival document reflects how the person who drafted it understood something and remains something less than the unvarnished truth. »
- James Mace

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Posts: 11254
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:43 pm

Sergey Romanov blogs about Elie Wiesel's tattoo and personal information - denier claims vs records
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

- Rudolf Hess, letter, 1927

User avatar
Balsamo
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1254
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:29 pm

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby Balsamo » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:18 pm

Who should really care anyway?
I have never understood this obsession.
Yet another illustration that Deniers tend to focus on symbol and not on history.
What scholar has ever used Wiesel as a source anyway?

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Posts: 11254
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:48 pm

Balsamo wrote:What scholar has ever used Wiesel as a source anyway?

I rarely even see his name in references in books I read: since I've read nothing of Wiesel's except an old op-ed or two, I can safely say that my understanding of the genocide would not change if all his books/speeches/etc were to vanish.
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

- Rudolf Hess, letter, 1927

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1210
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby Xcalibur » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:56 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Balsamo wrote:What scholar has ever used Wiesel as a source anyway?

I rarely even see his name in references in books I read: since I've read nothing of Wiesel's except an old op-ed or two, I can safely say that my understanding of the genocide would not change if all his books/speeches/etc were to vanish.


At my daughter's middle school "Night" was required reading.... for her 8th grade English class.

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3879
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:18 am

That's pretty much my opinion as well. I've read some legitimate stories on him and he is certainly well known. I also checked into the denier claims about him.

But, if his works were to disappear I wouldn't feel any loss.

User avatar
Kleon_I XYZ Contagion
Poster
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Elie Wiesel

Postby Kleon_I XYZ Contagion » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:45 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Sergey Romanov blogs about Elie Wiesel's tattoo and personal information - denier claims vs records


Always, HC's crew write great epilogues in their blogposts. Can't wait each time to reach to the final paragraph. It's always a dirty pleasure, i.e.:

- And the deniers - especially the ever laughable neo-Nazi Carolyn Yeager and the bumbling and mendacious pseudoresearcher Carlo Mattogno, who have been exposed so many times by us, - have shown their true faces once again, latching onto Gruner's tall tale, jumping to conclusions not warranted by the documents they had at their disposal, not applying Occam's razor and not trying to do a better research. These frauds have been discredited - once again.
According to experts and scholars, the 10 stages of every genocide are
Classification Symbolization Discrimination Dehumanization Organization Polarization Preparation Persecution Extermination
... and finally the 10th stage:
Denial
http://www.genocidewatch.org/genocide/t ... ocide.html

XYZ Contagion (‘Because the truth is contagious‘), an investigative/research political and historical website, deals also with the Srebrenica Genocide
https://xyzcontagion.wordpress.com/about/#English


Return to “Holocaust Denial”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests