George Martin RIP

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Re: George Martin RIP

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat May 27, 2017 9:27 pm

Allman Brothers were the real deal. Southern rock, whatever it is, meh. Unless Tony Joe White's included? But Charlie Daniels, Molly Hatchet, Lynyrd Skynyrd, not so much. Allman Brothers: friggin' Greg could better than keep up at FAME and with Wilson Pickett no less . . . :clap:
Nazism conspired to create a sense of festival time. . . . Tragically for humanity, the party generating it was the type not associated with the coloured costumes of the Brazilian Carnival, but with the brown-shirted thuggery of the NSDAP. The contrast between the dance and the march, between the samba and the strains of the Horst Wessel Lied, points to the gulf separating a life-asserting community from a community which exists only by creating a demonized other. - RG '97

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sat May 27, 2017 9:34 pm

Charlie Daniels is major Thump supporter. 'Nuff said.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat May 27, 2017 10:06 pm

Another dud: Marshall Tucker Band. I actually saw them. LOL It didn't help that it was an outdoor show, 9000 degrees F and humidity of 1 million percent.
Nazism conspired to create a sense of festival time. . . . Tragically for humanity, the party generating it was the type not associated with the coloured costumes of the Brazilian Carnival, but with the brown-shirted thuggery of the NSDAP. The contrast between the dance and the march, between the samba and the strains of the Horst Wessel Lied, points to the gulf separating a life-asserting community from a community which exists only by creating a demonized other. - RG '97

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat May 27, 2017 10:15 pm

. . . the Grateful Dead headlined . . . I prayed fervently that I not die in the field there because then it would be known that I'd gone to a Grateful Dead concert.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sat May 27, 2017 10:18 pm

LOL

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Sun May 28, 2017 1:43 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:. . . the Grateful Dead headlined . . . I prayed fervently that I not die in the field there because then it would be known that I'd gone to a Grateful Dead concert.

The drug has yet to be invented that could get me to a Dead concert.

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Sun May 28, 2017 1:45 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Another dud: Marshall Tucker Band. I actually saw them. LOL It didn't help that it was an outdoor show, 9000 degrees F and humidity of 1 million percent.

Like Skynyrd, too much of local, NASCAR-types appeal... meh.

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Sun May 28, 2017 1:47 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:Charlie Daniels is major Thump supporter. 'Nuff said.

That {!#%@} fiddle always sounded like someone strangling an alley cat.

Im_Not_Creative_Enough
Poster

Postby Im_Not_Creative_Enough » Sun May 28, 2017 1:52 am

Gregg Allman mustvbe the faatest ever victim of the Aaron Ramsey Curse.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Sun May 28, 2017 1:56 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Allman Brothers were the real deal. Southern rock, whatever it is, meh. Unless Tony Joe White's included? But Charlie Daniels, Molly Hatchet, Lynyrd Skynyrd, not so much. Allman Brothers: friggin' Greg could better than keep up at FAME and with Wilson Pickett no less . . . :clap:

First saw them in 1970... the original band line up.... never, ever sounded better.... but stood the test of time.

And the obit was quite correct that their first stdio album blew...

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun May 28, 2017 2:24 am

Xcalibur wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:. . . the Grateful Dead headlined . . . I prayed fervently that I not die in the field there because then it would be known that I'd gone to a Grateful Dead concert.

That's the thing: I was the only person there who wasn't high. Don't tell Traynor, I want him to keep thinking I'm an acidhead. (It was not my most glorious moment, going to that concert . . . )

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Sun May 28, 2017 2:37 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Xcalibur wrote:

That's the thing: I was the only person there who wasn't high. Don't tell Traynor, I want him to keep thinking I'm an acidhead. (It was not my most glorious moment, going to that concert . . . )

I hated the Dead... and DeadHeads... Thought it was utter crap. i can't imagine being there sober... or listening to one of their LPs... think I'd sooner ump off a bridge.

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Sun May 28, 2017 2:37 am

Xcalibur wrote:

I hated the Dead... and DeadHeads... Thought it was utter crap. i can't imagine being there sober... or listening to one of their LPs... think I'd sooner jump off a bridge.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun May 28, 2017 2:59 am

Xcalibur wrote:
Xcalibur wrote:

I hated the Dead... and DeadHeads... Thought it was utter crap. i can't imagine being there sober... or listening to one of their LPs... think I'd sooner ump off a bridge.

I once got a nice contact high at a Robert Plant concert.

Ssssssshhhhhh, don't tell rollo.

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Postby Jeff_36 » Sun May 28, 2017 3:04 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Allman Brothers were the real deal.

"Live At Fillmore East" was {!#%@} phenomenal, an absurdly good album.

Lynyrd Skynyrd, not so much.

Oh come on!
have you not heard free bird bro???!?!? FREE BIRD!?!?! :lol:

In all seriousness, they did have quite a few good tunes, "Needle and the Spoon" was great and "Simple Man" gets me emotional every time.....

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun May 28, 2017 3:06 am

Jeff_36 wrote:

Oh come on!

In all seriousness, they did have quite a few good tunes, "Needle and the Spoon" was great and "Simple Man" gets me emotional every time.....

I could never stomach them, I grew up in the south, every other song was {!#%@} LS, I think I heard "Free Bird" once an hour.

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Postby Jeff_36 » Sun May 28, 2017 3:10 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:

Oh come on!

I could never stomach them, I grew up in the south, every other song was {!#%@} LS, I think I heard "Free Bird" once an hour.

I could hear "Free Bird" once an hour.......... srsly d000d - the second half of that tune is the perfect soundtrack for driving far in excess of the speed limit on a rural road in mid day. #memories

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun May 28, 2017 3:14 am

Allman's are better. I'm OK with the other southern bands.

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Postby Jeff_36 » Sun May 28, 2017 3:16 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:Allman's are better. I'm OK with the other southern bands.

The fact that they persisted in putting out great music after the death of Duane Allman speaks volumes as to how great they were.
Last edited by Jeff_36 on Sun May 28, 2017 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Sun May 28, 2017 3:26 am

Jeff_36 wrote:

The fact that they persisted in putting out great music after the death of Greg Allman speaks volumes as to how great they were.

Methinks you meant Duane...

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Postby Jeff_36 » Sun May 28, 2017 3:30 am

Xcalibur wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:

The fact that they persisted in putting out great music after the death of Greg Allman speaks volumes as to how great they were.

Methinks you meant Duane...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

*Duane, yes, the guy from "Layla".

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Sun May 28, 2017 3:38 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:

Oh come on!

Nein, nein nein, Insultingly tawdry sentiment followed by an over-long dual guitar cacaphony that sounds like an extended car crash.... Redneck BS on meth.

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Postby Jeff_36 » Sun May 28, 2017 3:56 am

Xcalibur wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:

Oh come on!

Nein, nein nein, Insultingly tawdry sentiment followed by an over-long dual guitar cacaphony that sounds like an extended car crash.... Redneck BS on meth.

Well you're no fun at all........

I do share your sentiment on the Grateful Dead..... I just could never get into them for some reason.....

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Sun May 28, 2017 4:50 am

Jeff_36 wrote:
Xcalibur wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:

Oh come on!

I do share your sentiment on the Grateful Dead..... I just could never get into them for some reason.....

Actually, i am fun.... I like blues... I hate metal, punk, grunge, disco, most country, Jazz, gospel... blended, it can sound good. u, why the Allman Bros. were good.. put the light low and listen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gDhR1R3S0s

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Postby Jeff_36 » Sun May 28, 2017 6:47 am

Xcalibur wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:
Xcalibur wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:

Oh come on!

Actually, i am fun.... I like blues... I hate metal, punk, grunge, disco, most country, Jazz, gospel... blended, it can sound good. u, why the Allman Bros. were good.. put the light low and listen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gDhR1R3S0s

That may have been better the Cream version. I just always preferred music that comes with a punch.

This is the highlight of "Live at Fillmore East" IMO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUvxRjYqjEQ

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun May 28, 2017 10:35 am

Jeff_36 wrote:Grateful Dead..... I just could never get into them for some reason.....

Their music and their fans?

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun May 28, 2017 10:36 am

Jeff_36 wrote:. . . music that comes with a punch.

Altamont so to speak?

Darren Wilshak
Poster

Postby Darren Wilshak » Sun May 28, 2017 10:57 am

A Southern man don't need him anyway.

A3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3d9-sXrx3o

Darren Wilshak
Poster

Postby Darren Wilshak » Sun May 28, 2017 12:39 pm

Doktor D Wayne Love is Schottishche and Aberdoonburghers when he speaked.

Darren s8uffering from Illesim has very nice picture for me with Doktor by drunken lovely warm lady on mobile pad.

Ain't goin to a dead concert Jeff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hhzAgAzSr4

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun May 28, 2017 10:42 pm

I never saw Johnny Cash. Or Haggard. But I saw the {!#%@} Marshall Tucker Band and the Grateful Dead! But once in Charlotte Airport, around 2006, I saw someone wearing a black tee shirt with white lettering that said simply, Johnny {!#%@} Cash. LOL (really liked that A3 stuff . . . never listened to them before, bless you Darren W :))

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun May 28, 2017 10:51 pm

I like Johnny Cash. There is a simplicity to his songs that I appreciate. I know Kurt Cobain liked him, so does Social Distortion.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun May 28, 2017 10:56 pm

My father - who listened almost exclusively to classical music - loved Johnny Cash. It cracked me up.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:13 am

George Romero, the director of "Night of the Living Dead," passed away:
http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/16/media/george-a-romero-obit/index.html

Martin Landau, the actor, also passed away:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/16/entertainment/actor-martin-landau-dies/index.html?adkey=bn

I don't like zombie movies but "Night of the Living Dead" is a classic. It scared the crap out of me the first time I saw it.

My favorite Martin Landau movie was his turn as Bela Lugosi in "Ed Wood."

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:54 am

"I don't like zombie movies but "Night of the Living Dead" is a classic. It scared the crap out of me the first time I saw it."

Excellent date movie in 1979... particularly at a drive-in.... RIP...

Kleon_I XYZ Contagion
Poster

Postby Kleon_I XYZ Contagion » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:53 am

Of possible interest, here in the arts/music thread:

- As the New York Film Festival Honors Robert Mitchum, Remembering His Flirt with Holocaust Denial - Speaking to Esquire in 1983, the great actor had some choice things to say about the Jews
http://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/242026/ ... ust-denial

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:26 pm

Tom Petty has been taken off life support after suffering cardiac arrest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lWJXDG2i0A

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:38 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Tom Petty has been taken off life support after suffering cardiac arrest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lWJXDG2i0A
http://uproxx.com/music/tom-pettys-daughter-slams-rolling-stone-annakim-violette-slams/

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:42 am

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:49 am

One of the greatest super groups ever....

https://youtu.be/cwqhdRs4jyA

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:04 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:One of the greatest super groups ever....

Loved that grouping . . .

I saw Tom Petty backing Bob Dylan at Great Woods (MA) in '86.

Return to “Holocaust Denial”