Willis Carto Dead

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Willis Carto Dead

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:42 am

"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

- Rudolf Hess, letter, 1927

Balsamo
Frequent Poster

Re: Willis Carto Dead

Postby Balsamo » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:12 am

R.I.P, Willis... We'll miss you.

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:51 am

Balsamo wrote:R.I.P, Willis... We'll miss you.

We will?

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:44 pm

Xcalibur wrote:

We will?

Well, he'll be much harder to hit now.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Balsamo
Frequent Poster

Postby Balsamo » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:31 pm

Xcalibur wrote:

We will?

My children were affected when i said "Willis died"...
They might have thought i was talking about Bruce...
:oops:

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Postby Jeff_36 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:35 pm

Meh

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Postby Monster » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:40 pm

Wow. I had never heard of this guy, and I can see from the article that he was very influential.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:51 pm

Monster wrote:

Wow. I had never heard of this guy, and I can see from the article that he was very influential.

To an audience of fruitcakes, perhaps...

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:42 pm

Famed Holocaust Denier Could Be Buried In Arlington National Cemetery
Arlington National Cemetery has received a formal request to bury Willis Carto, a prominent Holocaust denier and white supremacist leader, on its hallowed grounds.

Jennifer Lynch, a spokeswoman for the cemetery, confirmed to The Huffington Post on Monday that a funeral director had requested permission from Arlington to bury the remains of a recently deceased person named Willis Carto.

Carto, who died at age 89 on Oct. 26, received a Purple Heart for wounds sustained while fighting for the Army in the Philippines during World War II, according to The New York Times. As a Purple Heart recipient, Carto would be eligible for burial at Arlington. In addition to military service members who die while on active duty, certain other veterans are also eligible for burial at the cemetery, as long as they were honorably discharged. These include former service members who received Purple Hearts and other top military decorations.

The Southern Poverty Law Center, a hate group watchdog, wrote in an online profile of Carto that he “has been known for his anti-Semitism, anti-black racism and the wild alternative health claims regularly made in his various publications.”

Carto founded the Institute for Historical [R]eview in 1978, which SPLC calls the “first major American Holocaust-denial outfit.” The Liberty Lobby, Carto’s white supremacist and virulently anti-Semitic group, circulated its newsletter to 400,000 people at its peak in the 1980s, according to The New York Times.

He openly admired Adolf Hitler, keeping multiple bronze busts of him in his office and re-publishing his works, the Times reported.

There is no rule that would prevent Carto from being buried in Arlington National Cemetery on the basis of his career as a professional anti-Semitic and racist polemicist.

“We do not determine burial eligibility based on political views,” Lynch said. “However, we do prohibit interment or memorialization of persons committing Federal or State capital crimes.” . . .

Todd Blodgett, a former press aide in the Reagan White House, managed advertising for Liberty Lobby and later spied on Carto and other top white supremacists for the FBI. Blodgett told HuffPost that in the late 1990s, Carto gloated to him that his military service entitled him to burial in Arlington, despite his vocal support for the Nazis.

"He was chuckling over the irony that a man who was a big fan of Adolf Hitler was going to be buried in Arlington Cemetery," Blodgett said. "He was laughing about it: 'I’m probably America’s biggest Hitler fan, but I'll be buried alongside all these World War II vets.'"
"Hitler's defeat was the defeat of Europe. And of America," Carto wrote in a letter published in 1966. Blodgett said Carto often repeated the statement in person.

Indeed, Carto actually denigrated the U.S. effort in World War II, despite having participated in it. An obituary for Carto in American Free Press, one of the white supremacist journals he founded, quotes him as saying his service was a “fight for the glorious democracy of my country, the survival of Soviet communism, a third and fourth term for Roosevelt, a chance to kill Germans by the thousands as desired by Churchill, Eisenhower and the Zionists, part of Palestine for them as a bonus, vast riches for the bankers and war suppliers, coffin makers and flag makers.”

Lynch said that the request was to inurn Carto’s cremated remains, not to inter his body. She did not offer an estimate of how long it might take to process the claim, but wait times are often significant. The cemetery performs about 30 funerals a day, she said, but receives some 75 daily requests for burials.
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Postby Jeff_36 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:49 am

He does not deserve that honour

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:10 am

Jeff_36 wrote:He does not deserve that honour

Facking Kunt.

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:37 am

Some of us are trying for a Federal court injunction to prevent this...It's not going to be heard in time to prevent this... but going forward, with decision properly rendered, Bradley Smith will never see the place, neither any other cretin who thinks to make a mockery of the place.

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Postby Jeff_36 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:26 am

Xcalibur wrote:Some of us are trying for a Federal court injunction to prevent this...It's not going to be heard in time to prevent this... but going forward, with decision properly rendered, Bradley Smith will never see the place, neither any other cretin who thinks to make a mockery of the place.

If Rockwell didn't get the honor, than neither should anyone who follows him.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:42 am

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:39 pm

Bradley Smith has died: http://codoh.com/news/3351/.

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Postby Monster » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:29 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Bradley Smith has died: http://codoh.com/news/3351/.

Is that particular guy a Holocaust denier? I assume yes, since all of the comments I saw on the announcement of his death page are empathetic.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:02 pm

Yes, he was the founder of CODOH and probably best known for his so-called Campus Project in the '90s, which tried disseminating Holocaust denial in the guise of "free speech" by taking out advertisements in student newspapers calling for "open debate" about the Holocaust. CODOH is run in a fairly straightforward Stalinist manner, revealing what Smith meant by "open debate."

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:31 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Bradley Smith has died
Good Riddance.

Sooooo........if CODOH is a charitable trust and Bradley was trustee. I wonder what the trust document actually says, regarding replacing the trustee, on his death? If it was just a company, perhaps there could have been some way I could buy CODOH from the estate and then run CODOH myself for laughs. :D
29_blkfuer_1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Postby Jeff_36 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:23 am

meh. I hate deniers but he seemed more mislead and dim than hateful, although he had his moments.

Literally every other denier is pure evil in my opinion.

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:51 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Bradley Smith has died: http://codoh.com/news/3351/.

Excellent news. When does Berg go.... Then again, the dog and pony show goes on with Mattogno and Ericunt teaming up... Life is good.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:45 pm

funny you mention Berg and the dog . . . indeed, Il Re di Convulzione and Felonious Hunt are an odd couple . . . I did read that Carto got his spot in Arlington Cemetery (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/wil ... 0245c8e73a - 24 people showed up for the burial, nearly 2x the number commenting at CODOH on Bradley Smith's death) . . .

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:29 am

I forgot to mention the other good news. As Bradley Smith has died, we are never going to hear from "David" again. :lol:

TazKa

Willis Carto Dead

Postby TazKa » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:37 pm

Sorry to see people speaks evil behind the dead. I watched him in a debate with David Cole and Mr Shermer on Donahue show and i remember holocaust scholar Mr Shermer was shouting 'you can block the gas chamber door with a couple boxes if you wanted to' where David Cole was trying to tell audience the door of gas chamber was opening inside...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRrP7AevKi4
Lamb's friendship with Wolf lasts till Wolf gets hungry

NathanC
Poster

Postby NathanC » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:48 pm

TazKa wrote:Sorry to see people speaks evil behind the dead. I watched him in a debate with David Cole and Mr Shermer on Donahue show and i remember holocaust scholar Mr Shermer was shouting 'you can block the gas chamber door with a couple boxes if you wanted to' where David Cole was trying to tell audience the door of gas chamber was opening inside...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRrP7AevKi4

1) Apparently, the likes of Smith and Carto denying or justifying the mass murder of millions of innocent people doesn't count as "speaking evil behind the dead".

2.1) Documents describe the door of the Auschwitz gas chamber as being "gas tight". Obviously, they're reinforced.

2.2) from the real world, and not unrealistic expectations denier fantasy land:

http://www.philstar.com/opinion/130849/ ... re-part-ii

- Survivors said that shortly before midnight on March 18, there were sparks in the disk jockey´s booth followed by puffs of smoke from the ceiling that were mistaken for special effects.

Seconds later, flames burst from the ceiling, and people stampeded toward the 1.7-meter-wide glass doors at the disco´s front.

But the doors, which only swung inward, could not be opened with the panicked mob pressing against them. Someone reportedly grabbed a fire extinguisher, but it didn´t work.

In less than 30 minutes, the ceiling caved in and flames swallowed more than a hundred bodies, mostly by the doorway.

If a glass door can withstand the force of a panicked mob, there's no reason why a door designed to be gas tight, can't. No matter which way it opens.

3) Mr. Shermer isn't a scholar, though props to him for being able to see through a nitpick. From what I can tell, David Cole/Stein's nothing but an attention seeker. He pursued denial in the 90s because he thought it would give him attention, and now he attacks other deniers like Fauri because he thinks that can give him more attention.

Deniers are in a bind. The old masters are dying off one by one, and the new crop, lacking any ability to think for themselves can only repeat what the masters said, without the ability or willingness to check for themselves. While legitimate historical research has plenty of room to grow, denial can only implode in on itself, simply recycling old crap and not generating any new knowledge.

Pathetic.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:23 pm

TazKa wrote:Sorry to see people speaks evil behind the dead.

It's indeed appalling to read comments by deniers on this and other sites denigrating the dead - and worse, mocking people who died in such a cruel manner - Jews and other victims of the Third Reich murdered by the squads of Nazis and their allies in shootings, by gassing, by starvation and "forced" disease, during forced and lethal labor, and in many acts of violence.

As for those who denigrate the dead in this way, I feel fine speaking of them as I damn well please - when they're alive and after they've crossed rainbow bridge. They've earned derision.

TazKa

Willis Carto Dead

Postby TazKa » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:57 pm

Right snowball started...NathanC i am not here to defend anyone. If they did a bad thing then you have got to right to do the same thing is OK ? i dont even know who Carto is. i have watched couple times Bradley Smith and listened a couple of his debate, sadly i have learnt today he is died from cancer that's all. I just wasn't expecting to the see the people who i thought they are different than denier cult...Obviously i was wrong

NathanC says
'If a glass door can withstand the force of a panicked mob, there's no reason why a door designed to be gas tight, can't. No matter which way it opens''

I understand holocaust is very nervy subject but the example you have given is absolutely rubish. When you guys get angry you probably stop thinking properly...It is not the biggest problem if the doors opens inside. Of course it will be close and locked. There is no problem there. The problem presented here is how do you then open the door from outside when people inside the gas chamber dies and falls behind the door. You have to leave someone with a gas mask inside the gas chamber to move the dead bodies after all the killing. Think !!!

TazKa

Postby TazKa » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:09 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:

It's indeed appalling to read comments by deniers on this and other sites denigrating the dead - and worse, mocking people who died in such a cruel manner - Jews and other victims of the Third Reich murdered by the squads of Nazis and their allies in shootings, by gassing, by starvation and "forced" disease, during forced and lethal labor, and in many acts of violence.

As for those who denigrate the dead in this way, I feel fine speaking of them as I damn well please - when they're alive and after they've crossed rainbow bridge. They've earned derision.

I thought you said you get wiser with the age...

Pyrrho
Administrator

Postby Pyrrho » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:12 pm

The moment of force of a crowd of people packed into a gas chamber would not have been primarily against the door. The moment of force would have been primarily against the walls of the room. Only a few people would have been in a position to push against the door and their efforts would not have availed them.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:24 pm

TazKa wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:

I thought you said you get wiser with the age...

I can't stand anti-Semites and racists. Their physical condition isn't really a factor. So I'm supposed to suddenly pretend to respect someone whose life work is repugnant simply because the person died? Afraid not.

Btw, what is the "bad thing" you think NathanC did?

I gather from your silence on the meat of the matter that you don't have a problem with people mocking and denigrating victims of the Nazis - but respect them from cradle to grave, so to speak. Bully for you, but I beg to differ.

TazKa

Postby TazKa » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:24 pm

I really don't understand people who defends wrong. If something is wrong just say wrong.
NathanC says:
'Seconds later, flames burst from the ceiling, and people stampeded toward the 1.7-meter-wide glass doors at the disco´s front.

But the doors, which only swung inward, could not be opened with the panicked mob pressing against them. Someone reportedly grabbed a fire extinguisher, but it didn´t work'

But Phyrro is insisting they would be pushed against the wall. Why? Wouldn't you go towards to the door instinclively to escape, when you panic ? Unless if the poison is coming from the door.

Wasn't the gas chambers always overcrowed that sometimes ppl dies when they are standing ?

nickterry
Regular Poster

Postby nickterry » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:33 pm

You seem to be a non-native speaker; the correct English idiom is "speaking ill of the dead". What you wrote was close enough to be understood as the same thing, though.

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Postby Jeff_36 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:58 pm

It's irrelevant because the gas chamber they are discussing is a replica, not an exact copy.

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Postby Jeff_36 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:59 pm

Also: construction documents indicate that there were strong locks used to reinforce it.

TazKa

Willis Carto Dead

Postby TazKa » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:15 pm

Jeff, locking is not a problem here. The problem is to reopen the door after the gassing....

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:31 pm

The place to debate the swinging doors at Auschwitz is in this thread, not in the thread for the passing of the HD old guard.

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:23 am

Okay, so this guy's message seems to be "say nothing but good of the dead". Fair enough, I'll oblige him: Good, he's dead.
Last edited by Xcalibur on Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:04 am

:lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:17 am

You people are just vile! Don't you have any respect for the recently departed?

Anyone want to go with me to the flicks tonight? :D
bernies1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Postby Jeff_36 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:34 am

Xcalibur wrote:Okay, so this guy's message seems to be "say nothing but good of the dead". Fair enough, I'll oblige him: Good, he's dead.

He seemed to be more of an ignorant and mislead figure to me. Not as vile as Carto.

Xcalibur
Frequent Poster

Postby Xcalibur » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:57 am

Jeff_36 wrote:
Xcalibur wrote:Okay, so this guy's message seems to be "say nothing but good of the dead". Fair enough, I'll oblige him: Good, he's dead.

He seemed to be more of an ignorant and mislead figure to me. Not as vile as Carto.

Methinks his degree of vileness was somewhat tempered by a veneer of civilty.

Return to “Holocaust Denial”