France '42-'44: La Grande Rafle & beyond

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
Balsamo
Frequent Poster

Re: France '42-'44: La Grande Rafle & beyond

Postby Balsamo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:36 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Balsamo wrote:Could you give the references of Burrin's book?

discussed here (published in English by The New Press in 1996, originally published in France by Editions du Seuil in 1993)

discussed i don't know, but mentioned, yes indeed. Thanks.
I have not read it, but does it suggest that Hitler actually gave an order regarding the expulsion of the Jews from France as soon as August 1940? My perception, until now, was that actually there were no real guidelines regarding the Jews in the West, except a Hitler's wish to expel them from Europe which gave opportunity to local authorities to take local expulsion initiatives.
As i have wrote, i have always read that the interdiction of the fleeing Jews to come back into the French occupied zone was actually Abetz idea. Hence, the begging for a power decree...i don't know.

In my understanding all those notes and letters from Best to Berlin were actually more report from the Abetz speech than some comments on received instructions. Has Burrin another interpretation? We are 2 months away of the first "ordonnance" issued by the MBf, aren't we?

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:15 am

Balsamo wrote:discussed i don't know, but mentioned, yes indeed.

I am only glad that, given such a misleading note of mine, that you were able to decipher the reference. It must have been a heroic and monumental intellectual labor.

Balsamo wrote:In my understanding all those notes and letters from Best to Berlin were actually more report from the Abetz speech than some comments on received instructions. Has Burrin another interpretation? We are 2 months away of the first "ordonnance" issued by the MBf, aren't we?

Burrin: Hitler's
directive to Abetz in that summer of 1940 was to reflect his attitude right to the end: France must be divided by all possible means and a great wedge must be driven between Vichy and the Anglo-Saxon countries. To this he added an order to prepare for the expulsion of the Jews, an item omitted by Abetz, who had written to say that French opinion was already so hostile in this respect that there was no need to take any further action.

(p 94) Burrin goes on to say that Abetz was eager to please Hitler on Jewish matters and would not "apply a brake" to Hitler's druthers concerning the Jews of France.
You know, my dear Colonel General, I don't really believe that the Russians will attack at all. It's all an enormous bluff. - Heinrich Himmler to Heinz Guderian, December 1944

Balsamo
Frequent Poster

Postby Balsamo » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:50 am

Statmech:
I am only glad that, given such a misleading note of mine, that you were able to decipher the reference. It must have been a heroic and monumental intellectual labor.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Holocaust Denial”