Websites

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
RizoliTV
BANNED

Re: Websites

Postby RizoliTV » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:26 pm

Here is a link to a super website exposing the HoloHoax for what it is.... I hope you enjoy it and lean something from it.

https://ehpg.wordpress.com/german-holocaust/

JR

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:29 pm

RizoliTV wrote: hope you enjoy it and lean something from it

:laff: I have my own typo's but this one is to good!
« Oral history is a complex field. After all, memory can be a distorting mirror, as anyone who has ever worked with memoir literature knows very well...They may be imperfect, and, at times, inaccurate as the narrator tries to cast himself in the most favorable light, but all sources are imperfect. Even an archival document reflects how the person who drafted it understood something and remains something less than the unvarnished truth. »
- James Mace

Darren Wilshak
Poster

Postby Darren Wilshak » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:12 pm

nickterry wrote:I will propose the following three for both sides. They cover the most ground, contain the most material, and have the most links to other sites.

Orthodox

Library of Congress Nuremberg Trials Page
http://www.loc.gov/rr/frd/Military_Law/ ... -home.html
contains 68 volumes of proceedings of the Nuremberg trials: 42 volumes of the IMT 'Blue Series', 11 volumes of Nazi Conspiracy and Aggression 'Red Series', 15 volumes of Trials of the Major War Criminals 'Green Series'. Large PDF files

The Holocaust History Project
http://www.holocaust-history.org/
Refutations of revisionist arguments and republication of documents and books, including the complete text with images of Jean-Claude Pressac's Auschwitz: Technique and Operation of the Gas Chambers (1989)

Holocaust Denial On Trial
http://www.hdot.org/
Transcripts of the David Irving libel trial against Deborah Lipstadt in 2000; texts of the expert reports by Richard Evans, Christopher Browning, Peter Longerich and Robert Van Pelt.

Revisionist

Vrij Historisch Onderzoek (VHO)
http://vho.org/
Contains HTML pages and PDFs of all leading revisionist books and journals in English, German, French and other languages, from Paul Rassinier through Arthur Butz and Robert Faurisson to Germar Rudolf and Carlo Mattogno.

Committee for Open Debate on the Holocaust (CODOH)
http://www.codoh.com/
Bradley Smith's website, with online articles and essays, plus the Revisionist Forum and links to 'One Third of the Holocaust' video.

Institute for Historical Review (IHR)
http://www.ihr.org/
Contains news articles, online reprints of articles from the Journal for Historical Review.

Just a note that The Holocaust History Project is back online here now:

http://www.phdn.org/archives/holocaust- ... index.html

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:08 pm

bump for THHP live link
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

- Rudolf Hess, letter, 1927

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:02 pm

Hdot.org was updated. Seems like they added some more essays.
« Oral history is a complex field. After all, memory can be a distorting mirror, as anyone who has ever worked with memoir literature knows very well...They may be imperfect, and, at times, inaccurate as the narrator tries to cast himself in the most favorable light, but all sources are imperfect. Even an archival document reflects how the person who drafted it understood something and remains something less than the unvarnished truth. »
- James Mace

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster

Postby Jeff_36 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:06 am

Denying-History wrote:Hdot.org was updated. Seems like they added some more essays.

ooh goody, I pillaged that website in the winter of 2014-15, will do it again

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:12 am

Jeff_36 wrote:
Denying-History wrote:Hdot.org was updated. Seems like they added some more essays.

The only issue they haven't fixed their Treblinka quote under what engines were used essay.
- James Mace

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:40 am

Denying-History wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:

The only issue they haven't fixed their Treblinka quote under what engines were used essay.

Ugh.
"World peace is certainly an ideal worth striving for; in Hitler's opinion it will be realizable only when one power, the racially best one, has attained complete and uncontested supremacy. That can then provide a sort of world police, seeing to it at the same time that the most valuable race is guaranteed the necessary living space. And if no other way is open to them, the lower races will have to restrict themselves accordingly."

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:09 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Denying-History wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:

Ugh.

Yeah I am thinking about contacting them about it.
- James Mace

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:35 pm

They still cite deathcamps.org as the source, which in itself is appallingly lax (in a section devoted to "Diesel Exhaust: The Engines Used"). That is not a good source for such a critical issue (well, critical in Deniosphere), first, because it's a secondary source and, second, because there have been problems with material and sourcing from deathcamps.org.

For those interested, see HC's assessment of the unreliability of this quotation here.

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:54 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:They still cite deathcamps.org as the source, which in itself is appallingly lax (in a section devoted to "Diesel Exhaust: The Engines Used"). That is not a good source for such a critical issue (well, critical in Deniosphere), first, because it's a secondary source and, second, because there have been problems with material and sourcing from deathcamps.org.

For those interested, see HC's assessment of the unreliability of this quotation here.

SM and others may be happy to hear they updated their page on diesel engines:

What we know about the type of engines used in Treblinka.
There is one direct eyewitness who actually used the engine in Treblinka: Nikolay Shalayev. He was one of the Treblinka “motorists.” He testified: “It was an ordinary, four-cylinder engine which used gasoline and, according to the story of the German machine operator, was of Russian make.”[5]

As one of the operators of the engine testified, the evidence indicates that the engine used in Treblinka was a gasoline engine.

https://www.hdot.org/debunking-denial/ds6-engines-used/
- James Mace

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:40 am

Thanks!

nickterry
Regular Poster

Postby nickterry » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:44 pm

Great news.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:06 am

scrmbldggs wrote:http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/finding-therapy

just checked that site - same as the others ; they want you to join , and make donation$

just another scam
for the real minority ; there will be no justice , there will be no peace .
makes sense 2me , so it has 2be wrong .

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:46 pm

psychiatry is a scam wrote:

just checked that site - same as the others ; they want you to join , and make donation$

just another scam

Um, no? You don't need to log in to use their links, nor you don't need to make donations (to their community-based nonprofit organisation that asks for donations because it relies on them to operate).

I'm having trouble seeing how this look like "just another scam" to you.

Here, look, I'll try it myself. I open the page, go down to where I read "You can use Psychology Today's Therapy Directory to search for mental health professionals in your area," click on the link, and type in a city -- oh, let's pick Detroit, Michigan. Bam! It send me to this page with a list of professionals in that area: https://therapists.psychologytoday.com/ ... 20michigan Look at 'em all! Ooh, pretty lady doctors. And a guy who looks like a judge, that's kinda neat. Oh and I see Vikkie Tucker, whose message states "I AM CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING NEW CLIENTS" so, okay, sure, that's nice, but why the hell is she on the list...meh, whatever.

Ooh, this one looks nice: https://therapists.psychologytoday.com/ ... esultsName

As your personal therapist here at Rehabilitative Counseling and Behavioral Services of America, I will assess and evaluate your individual needs through the use of case history, individual interview, and observation. I will provide or recommend individual or group counseling services to assist you in achieving a effective personal, social, educational, and vocational development as well as the restoration and implementation of proper adjustment techniques which can yield a harmonious balance within your life. My professional team and I challenge you to reach out to us with your first steps towards a more beautiful and balanced life! A FREE 15 minute phone consultation is provided.

This innovative counseling practice utilizes technology and therapeutic counseling techniques providing various counseling services specifically tailored to adults, couples,corporations,schools, nursing facilities and youths. LGBT welcome. **DUI and ANGER MANAGEMENT Classes, DRUG Testing and SUBSTANCE USE EVALUATIONS, On LINE counseling. Available by appointment. ADULT Therapeutic Day Program for the Blind, Seniors and disabled. Inquire.

PLEASE MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT USING OUR ON-LINE SELF SCHEDULING SYSTEM. PLEASE INITIATE YOUR FIRST PAYMENT USING YOUR DEBIT / CREDIT CARD OR PAY BY CHECK VIA PAYPAL. PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE IN ORDER TO COMPLETE THESE TRANSACTIONS BEFORE YOUR FIRST APPOINTMENT. (www.rcbsofamerica.com) Locate "Make your appointment and Make a payment" tabs....

...Avg Cost (per session): $20 - $70
Sliding Scale: Yes
Accepts Insurance: Yes
Accepted Payment Methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, Mastercard, Paypal, Visa

Accepted Insurance Plans:
- Aetna
- BlueCross and BlueShield
- Cofinity
- Medicare
- Most insurances accepted. Please inquire.
- Out of Network

Their specialties are addiction, relationship issues, and anger management, but they also council people for mental health reasons like dissociative disorders, mood disorders, personality disorders, and psychosis.

...yeah, I'd probably shop around a bit, myself.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:30 pm

Our man Jim is now spreading his "truth" on Wordpress:

https://jrizoli.wordpress.com/

Kleon_I XYZ Contagion
Poster

Postby Kleon_I XYZ Contagion » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:36 pm

Will you please go to this Sun article and take a look at the bottom photos?
First, there are 7 photos from the Auschwitz Album of Lili Jacob.
But after them, there are some photos I can't say I'm familiar with, except for the one with the 'Sunday concert' maybe.
Especially 3 pictures showing Jewish prisoners dig ditches for drainage at Birkenau or pour concrete for the ceiling of the underground undressing hall of Crematoria or build a brick entrance at Birkenau.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/2965457 ... auschwitz/

From a new book, published by Pen & Sword, Images of War: Auschwitz and Birkenau, Rare Photographs From Wartime Archives by Ian Baxter
Maybe it's a coincidence I don't know or I don't remember these 3 particular images, but just in case I'm not the only one.
According to experts and scholars, the 10 stages of every genocide are
Classification Symbolization Discrimination Dehumanization Organization Polarization Preparation Persecution Extermination
... and finally the 10th stage:
Denial
http://www.genocidewatch.org/genocide/t ... ocide.html

XYZ Contagion (‘Because the truth is contagious‘), an investigative/research political and historical website, deals also with the Srebrenica Genocide
https://xyzcontagion.wordpress.com/about/#English

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:44 pm

Kleon_I XYZ Contagion wrote:Will you please go to this Sun article and take a look at the bottom photos?
First, there are 7 photos from the Auschwitz Album of Lili Jacob.
But after them, there are some photos I can't say I'm familiar with, except for the one with the 'Sunday concert' maybe.
Especially 3 pictures showing Jewish prisoners dig ditches for drainage at Birkenau or pour concrete for the ceiling of the underground undressing hall of Crematoria or build a brick entrance at Birkenau.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/2965457 ... auschwitz/

From a new book, published by Pen & Sword, Images of War: Auschwitz and Birkenau, Rare Photographs From Wartime Archives by Ian Baxter
Maybe it's a coincidence I don't know or I don't remember these 3 particular images, but just in case I'm not the only one.

I've seen those before. Drainage was a big issue at the camp, I've seen others like it.

There are various pictures of the construction of the Kremas in circulation. I think I saw them as part of the documentary "Blue Prints of Genocide."

Kleon_I XYZ Contagion
Poster

Postby Kleon_I XYZ Contagion » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:13 pm

So, they are just 'rare'. Not 'new discoveries' as the Sun states.
Thank you, Jeff.

Here's another:
I was assigned to write another article about Holocaust Denial by a very respectable Greek intellectuals' magazine, with ties to the tiny (less than 6.000) Greek Jewish community. The article had to be an 'answer' to a challenge made on a couple of fringe TV stations by an infamous neonazi Greek denier, a lawyer and politician and officer in the colonels' regime, Kostas Plevris, the 'patriarch' of every Greek fascist and nazi movement, including Golden Dawn, although now he has his own little party. Plevris' challenge wasn't anything new, just the old boring stuff, plus some things he read on the internet recently, and my guess is he probably read the NAFCASH BS.
Anyway, the editors told me to go aggressive, and I did so.

Its title could be something like 'A challenge to Holocaust deniers: Here's your chance to join academia'

I think it would be a good idea if this 'counter-challenge' could somehow exists in English, so I tried to translate it, and maybe adapt it a little in order to be more suitable for posting it here or elsewhere. I mean, it's not a word by word translation, since I've changed several sentences.
Well. I'm sure I've done a lot of mistakes. So, I would like to kindly ask if there is any volunteer, to take a look at the text, and make whatever changes he could think of. It's not a big one, a page or a page and a half, something like that.

I would be grateful. Of course, there's no limit on the number or the kind of the changes. You can edit anything you like, even the title.
Anyone wants to take a look? :D
Classification Symbolization Discrimination Dehumanization Organization Polarization Preparation Persecution Extermination
Denial

XYZ Contagion (‘Because the truth is contagious‘), an investigative/research political and historical website, deals also with the Srebrenica Genocide

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:33 pm

Kleon_I XYZ Contagion wrote:So, they are just 'rare'. Not 'new discoveries' as the Sun states.
Thank you, Jeff.

Here's another:
I was assigned to write another article about Holocaust Denial by a very respectable Greek intellectuals' magazine, with ties to the tiny (less than 6.000) Greek Jewish community. The article had to be an 'answer' to a challenge made on a couple of fringe TV stations by an infamous neonazi Greek denier, a lawyer and politician and officer in the colonels' regime, Kostas Plevris, the 'patriarch' of every Greek fascist and nazi movement, including Golden Dawn, although now he has his own little party. Plevris' challenge wasn't anything new, just the old boring stuff, plus some things he read on the internet recently, and my guess is he probably read the NAFCASH BS.
Anyway, the editors told me to go aggressive, and I did so.

Its title could be something like 'A challenge to Holocaust deniers: Here's your chance to join academia'

I think it would be a good idea if this 'counter-challenge' could somehow exists in English, so I tried to translate it, and maybe adapt it a little in order to be more suitable for posting it here or elsewhere. I mean, it's not a word by word translation, since I've changed several sentences.
Well. I'm sure I've done a lot of mistakes. So, I would like to kindly ask if there is any volunteer, to take a look at the text, and make whatever changes he could think of. It's not a big one, a page or a page and a half, something like that.

I would be grateful. Of course, there's no limit on the number or the kind of the changes. You can edit anything you like, even the title.
Anyone wants to take a look? :D

I'd like to but I'm tied up for a couple of days. If you want I can look at it this weekend.

Kleon_I XYZ Contagion
Poster

Postby Kleon_I XYZ Contagion » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:55 pm

Of course, Jeff, no one is in a hurry :)
Thank you!
Denial

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:17 pm

Gord wrote:

just another scam

Um, no? You don't need to log in to use their links, nor you don't need to make donations (to their community-based nonprofit organisation that asks for donations because it relies on them to operate).

Here, look, I'll try it myself. I open the page, go down to where I read "You can use Psychology Today's Therapy Directory to search for mental health professionals in your area," click on the link, and type in a city -- oh, let's pick Detroit, Michigan. Bam! It send me to this page with a list of professionals in that area: https://therapists.psychologytoday.com/ ... 20michigan Look at 'em all! Ooh, pretty lady doctors. And a guy who looks like a judge, that's kinda neat. Oh and I see Vikkie Tucker, whose message states "I AM CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING NEW CLIENTS" so, okay, sure, that's nice, but why the hell is she on the list...meh, whatever.

Ooh, this one looks nice: https://therapists.psychologytoday.com/ ... esultsName

As your personal therapist here at Rehabilitative Counseling and Behavioral Services of America, I will assess and evaluate your individual needs through the use of case history, individual interview, and observation. I will provide or recommend individual or group counseling services to assist you in achieving a effective personal, social, educational, and vocational development as well as the restoration and implementation of proper adjustment techniques which can yield a harmonious balance within your life. My professional team and I challenge you to reach out to us with your first steps towards a more beautiful and balanced life! A FREE 15 minute phone consultation is provided.

This innovative counseling practice utilizes technology and therapeutic counseling techniques providing various counseling services specifically tailored to adults, couples,corporations,schools, nursing facilities and youths. LGBT welcome. **DUI and ANGER MANAGEMENT Classes, DRUG Testing and SUBSTANCE USE EVALUATIONS, On LINE counseling. Available by appointment. ADULT Therapeutic Day Program for the Blind, Seniors and disabled. Inquire.

PLEASE MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT USING OUR ON-LINE SELF SCHEDULING SYSTEM. PLEASE INITIATE YOUR FIRST PAYMENT USING YOUR DEBIT / CREDIT CARD OR PAY BY CHECK VIA PAYPAL. PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE IN ORDER TO COMPLETE THESE TRANSACTIONS BEFORE YOUR FIRST APPOINTMENT. (http://www.rcbsofamerica.com) Locate "Make your appointment and Make a payment" tabs....

Accepted Payment Methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, Mastercard, Paypal, Visa

- Aetna
- Cofinity
- Medicare
- Out of Network

Their specialties are addiction, relationship issues, and anger management, but they also council people for mental health reasons like dissociative disorders, mood disorders, personality disorders, and psychosis.

sorry , just stumbled on this - what does this stuff have to do with mentalhealthamerica.net ?????

your site is a lot better - BUT there is nothing about bullying - its all about what's wrong with you , why its all your fault .
so even though it is not as bad as the other site , it is still < useless for victims .
for the real minority ; there will be no justice , there will be no peace .
makes sense 2me , so it has 2be wrong .

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:32 pm

Gord wrote:

just another scam

PLEASE MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT USING OUR ON-LINE SELF SCHEDULING SYSTEM. PLEASE INITIATE YOUR FIRST PAYMENT USING YOUR DEBIT / CREDIT CARD OR PAY BY CHECK VIA PAYPAL. PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE IN ORDER TO COMPLETE THESE TRANSACTIONS BEFORE YOUR FIRST APPOINTMENT. (http://www.rcbsofamerica.com) Locate "Make your appointment and Make a payment" tabs....

- Aetna
- Cofinity
- Medicare
- Out of Network

sorry , just stumbled on this - what does this stuff have to do with mentalhealthamerica.net ?????

You don't need to log in to mentalhealthamerica.net to use their links, nor you don't need to make donations

your site is a lot better - BUT there is nothing about bullying - its all about what's wrong with you , why its all your fault .
so even though it is not as bad as the other site , it is still < useless for victims .

I just followed a typical link to show you how to follow a typical link. http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/finding-therapy is a site to help you find therapy.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

TJrandom
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:12 am

lol... I did the bipolar screen for Trump - supplying his answers as best I could. He definitely needs help.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:58 pm

:lol:

Kleon_I XYZ Contagion
Poster

Postby Kleon_I XYZ Contagion » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:15 pm

Here's another rookie but heroic truth-seeker and forensic investigator. This one must be totally stupid, because this argument, a newspaper that uses a photograph used before by another newspaper, is of course not even for elementary kids.

https://disjecta.wordpress.com/2017/03/ ... holocaust/

He just recycles stuff he finds on the internet.
The only reason I'm posting it is because, IIRC, the owner of the blog is a teacher. Unbelievable.
Denial

Kleon_I XYZ Contagion
Poster

Re: Websites - The lost 19 shocking photos from the deportation of Ioannina Jews, a day like today, in 1944

Postby Kleon_I XYZ Contagion » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:58 am

The lost 19 shocking photos from the deportation of Ioannina Jews, a day like today, in 1944

25th of March is a great National Day for Greece: Double, we celebrate both Holy Mother's conception of Jesus, through an angel and the Holy Spirit, and at the very same day we remember the Greek Revolution of 1821 against the Ottoman Empire, which was the start and the founding day of the modern Greek state (actually, the uprising began 4 days before that, but the newly founded state defined the starting day as the 25th of March, in order to be a double celebration day).

On another 25th of March, it was a Saturday in 1944, within hours, an ancient historical community was exterminated completely: The Ioannina (Jannina) Jews. These community was a 'Romaniotes community' and their traces go back in time for over 2.000 years, that means, they were 'more Greek' perhaps for the majority of us all modern Greeks.

Approximately 2,000 Jews rounded up this dawn, loaded in trucks, transferred in camps in Greece and then loaded on trains for Poland, -and never seen again.
The encircling blockade and arrest of Ioannina would not have been so successful and so quickly, if it wasn't the assistance of Greek Police and Gendarmerie and collaborators services
Meetings were held all the previous week, and even at a little before dawn that day
Some time just before the last trucks left, at noon of this same day, there were reports of looting of the houses and shops and properties of our Jewish compatriots by the city's Christians Greeks

Here you can see the full series of the lost and found 19 shocking photos from that morning in Ioannina. I would suggest to the reader not to overtake fast these images, but to stand for a few seconds in each of them, on people's faces.

https://xyzcontagion.wordpress.com/2013 ... a-ebraioi/

Very few survived, fewer than 110 of the approximately 2,000.

Well, the crying girl in the upper left picture survived, see here in English
https://www.kkjsm.org/the-holocaust-in-ioannina

These two little baby girls, the left looking at the photographer, break my heart, every time I see them:

And these innocent poor people, didn't do nothing wrong, [@#$%&] Nazis:

Denial

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:56 pm

one of the very worst threads at Rodoh1.0 concerned these photos and Charles Traynor, then Mr Albert Fish, trying to wriggle his ignorant ass out of the problem they cause for his belief system, an ugly and appalling discussion . . . thanks for this.

Kleon_I XYZ Contagion
Poster

Postby Kleon_I XYZ Contagion » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:08 am

This is seems no good news for the Holocaust denial Bewegung

The U.N.'s Archives on Nazi War Crimes Are to Be Made Public

The vast archive of materials used by the United Nations War Crimes Commission, sealed from the public for over six decades, will be made public with an online-searchable catalog this week.

These files, some of which date back to 1943, include early evidence of Nazi war crimes committed during the Holocaust that were smuggled out of eastern Europe during the height of the Second World War, according to the Guardian. They will be unveiled by the London-based Wiener Library, a facility supporting the study of genocide and the Holocaust.

Prior to the material's release this week, only researchers authorized by both their national governments and the U.N.'s secretary-general were allowed to access them — without being able to either take notes or make copies. Historian Dan Plesch, who studied the documents for a decade, told the Guardian that the open archive "is a huge resource for combating Holocaust denial."

- Opening of UN files on Holocaust will 'rewrite chapters of history'
https://www.theguardian.com/law/2017/ap ... commission
Archive used in prosecution of Nazis reveals detailed evidence of death camps and genocide previously unseen by public

War crimes files revealing early evidence of Holocaust death camps that was smuggled out of eastern Europe are among tens of thousands of files to be made public for the first time this week.

The once-inaccessible archive of the UN war crimes commission, dating back to 1943, is being opened by the Wiener Library in London with a catalogue that can be searched online.

The files establish that some of the first demands for justice came from countries that had been invaded, such as Poland and China, rather than Britain, the US and Russia, which eventually coordinated the post-war Nuremberg trials.

The archive, along with the UNWCC, was closed in the late 1940s as West Germany was transformed into a pivotal ally at the start of the cold war and use of the records was effectively suppressed. Around the same time, many convicted Nazis were granted early release after the anti-communist US senator Joseph McCarthy lobbied to end war crimes trials.

Access to the vast quantity of evidence and indictments is timed to coincide with the publication on Tuesday of Human Rights After Hitler: The Lost History of Prosecuting Axis War Crimes by Dan Plesch, a researcher who has been working on the documents for a decade.

The documents record the gathering of evidence shortly after the UN was founded in January 1942. They demonstrate that rape and forced prostitution were being prosecuted as war crimes in tribunals as far apart as Greece, the Philippines and Poland in the late 1940s, despite more recent suggestions that this was a legal innovation following the 1990s Bosnian conflict.

The Polish government in exile, the files also record, supplied extraordinarily detailed descriptions to the UNWCC of concentration camps such as Treblinka and Auschwitz, where millions of Jews were gassed. The accounts had been smuggled out of occupied eastern Europe. A charge sheet from April 1944 mention victims being forced to strip off clothing and how “the terracotta floors in the chambers … became very slippery when wet”.

The Wiener Library was founded in Amsterdam in 1934 by Dr Alfred Wiener to monitor Nazi antisemitism. He shipped his collection to London on the eve of the second world war, then worked with the British government to inform officials about Hitler’s regime and provide evidence for the Nuremberg trials.

Now based in Bloomsbury, central London, the library supports study of the Holocaust and genocide. It also works with the International Tracing Service to provide free help to those searching for relatives who vanished into the concentration camps.

“The UN War Crimes Commission catalogue, which can be searched online, will be available through our website this week,” the library’s archivist, Howard Falksohn, said. “People will then be able to come in and look through the archive itself.

“We anticipate a lot of interest. Some of the PDF files [on to which the 900GB UN archive has been copied] each contain more than 2,000 pages. This is the first time they will be available to anyone in the UK. It may well be that people will be able to rewrite crucial chapters of history using the new evidence.”

Plesch, who is the director of the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy at Soas in the University of London, had to get special permission to read the documents, which were closely guarded by the UN in New York.

Only researchers who received authority from their government and consent from the UN secretary general were allowed to read them, and they were not allowed to take notes or copies. Plesch helped persuade diplomats, including the then US ambassador at the UN, Samantha Power, to release the secret material.

“This is a huge resource for combating Holocaust denial,” Plesch said. “The German national authorities were never given access to the archive by the allies after the war. All of this has never seen the light of day.”

Some of the earliest files of evidence were collected to indict Adolf Hitler directly for his role in the coordinating and controlling massacres carried out by Nazi units in Czechoslovakia. Much of the evidence was collected by the Czech government in exile. There are more than 300 pages detailing his orders and responsibilities. The Nazi leader was eventually indicted in secret by a meeting of the UNWCC in late 1944 as Luftwaffe bombs fell on London.

One affidavit in the files is from a British soldier, Harry Ogden, who was captured at Narvik in Norway in 1940, escaped from a prisoner of war camp to join Polish partisans and was re-imprisoned in another POW camp alongside Auschwitz.

By the late 1940s, the US and British governments were winding down prosecutions of Nazis. President Harry Truman made anti-communism, rather than holding Nazis to account, a priority, Plesch says. “Even action against the perpetrators of the massacre of British RAF officers attempting to escape from prison camp Stalag Luft III, a flight made iconic by films such as The Great Escape, was curtailed.”

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:52 am

Awesome.

Hitler indicted for war crimes in '44 by the UNWCC . . . but Churchill's history didn't bleh bleh bleh . . .

Seems that the files will contain additional confirmation for Fleming's argument that war-time reports from the Polish government and underground were informative about the mass murder taking place in Poland and that wartime censorship decisions lay mostly elsewhere - "The Polish government in exile, the files also record, supplied extraordinarily detailed descriptions to the UNWCC of concentration camps such as Treblinka and Auschwitz, where millions of Jews were gassed. The accounts had been smuggled out of occupied eastern Europe."

NathanC will be shocked, just shocked to learn that "By the late 1940s, the US and British governments were winding down prosecutions of Nazis. President Harry Truman made anti-communism, rather than holding Nazis to account, a priority, Plesch says. " And this one, too: "'Among the reason given by the US and British policy makers for curtailing prosecutions of Nazis was the understanding that at least some of them would be needed to rebuild Germany and confront Communism, which at the time was seen as a greater danger,' writes Mr Plesch."

Kleon_I XYZ Contagion
Poster

Postby Kleon_I XYZ Contagion » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:48 pm

In 2015 Guardian's piece on Oskar Groening (isn't he the loyal SS who never denied nazism but denies ... denial to the deniers?)
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/ ... -auschwitz

... I noticed a link to a sample of these UNWCC files, with 37 original pages, probably from Plesch's work, since I see a 'SOAS logo' up right on the first page (Plesch is at the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy at Soas in the University of London).

http://www.unwcc.org/wp-content/uploads ... uments.pdf

It would be thrilling and awesome, indeed!
Denial

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:54 pm

Kleon_I XYZ Contagion wrote:In 2015 Guardian's piece on Oskar Groening (isn't he the loyal SS who never denied nazism but denies ... denial to the deniers?)

Yes, he's the one. Rees's book and documentary about Auschwitz contain interviews with him.

Kleon_I XYZ Contagion
Poster

Postby Kleon_I XYZ Contagion » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:56 pm

In other news, I don't know, of course, how the friends here at the forum deal with locked papers, -I guess some of us may have university accounts-, but just in case one may find it useful (something different than 'Sci-Hub'):

- Discover “Unpaywall,” a New (and Legal) Browser Extension That Lets You Read Millions of Science Articles Normally Locked Up Behind Paywalls
http://www.openculture.com/2017/04/unpa ... icles.html
Denial

Kleon_I XYZ Contagion
Poster

Postby Kleon_I XYZ Contagion » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:58 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Kleon_I XYZ Contagion wrote:In 2015 Guardian's piece on Oskar Groening (isn't he the loyal SS who never denied nazism but denies ... denial to the deniers?)

Yes, he's the one. Rees's book and documentary about Auschwitz contain interviews with him.

Yes, I remembered him. You know, Jeff, to a Greek ear, almost all German surnames sound alike. It's very-very difficult to tell them apart, because of 'the sound of the language'.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:29 pm

Kleon_I XYZ Contagion wrote:
... I noticed a link to a sample of these UNWCC files, with 37 original pages, probably from Plesch's work, since I see a 'SOAS logo' up right on the first page (Plesch is at the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy at Soas in the University of London).

http://www.unwcc.org/wp-content/uploads ... uments.pdf

It would be thrilling and awesome, indeed!

Thanks for these, when I get a chance I will read them.

Kleon_I XYZ Contagion
Poster

Postby Kleon_I XYZ Contagion » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:24 pm

I really don't know what to think about that. I only hope people in charge have taken all the measures necessary to eliminate possible negative consequences and distortions.

- Shoah Foundation is using technology to preserve Holocaust survivor stories
http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/24/technol ... index.html

Gutter is an 85-year-old Holocaust survivor who lives in Toronto -- and I spoke with a digital version of him.

Gutter was the first to participate in a new format being pioneered by the USC Shoah Foundation. He sat in 2014 for more than 20 hours of interviews, recorded by 116 cameras, and answered about 1,500 questions.

His responses formed a database that powers Gutter's digital persona. The digital Gutter uses speech recognition and natural language processing to recognize questions and surface appropriate responses.
[...]
A beta version of Gutter has interacted with people at numerous museums since 2015. As more people engage with him, Gutter's digital form becomes smarter because developers can learn how people are interacting with him. They can tweak his understanding of their questions so he can give the best answers.

"The purpose of this interactive conversation is to allow the user to explore [Gutter's] experience with their own curiosity. To get a deeper sense of empathy for that experience because it connects to them as an individual rather than being an abstract," said Smith.

Gutter's digital form does have some limitations -- for now.

"[He] does not yet have the ability to track the conversation," said Smith, noting that this makes followup questions challenging. "If you ask about 'them' -- he doesn't necessarily know which 'them' it is."

At the start of every question I asked, I clicked a computer mouse and released it when it was time for Gutter to answer.

Interacting with Gutter, who is Polish and was just seven years old when the war broke out, felt like I was on a Skype call. I could ask him all the questions that I could never imagine asking my grandparents, who were also Holocaust survivors.

I found myself wishing my grandparents were available to me in this digital form. Instead of relying on my memories, their voices and their mannerisms would be available for me to still engage with today.

"What's the worst thing you witnessed at the concentration camps?" I asked Gutter nervously. He told me about the time, on a death march, one young man who was considered to be a favorite of a guard's had overslept.

The digital persona answered: "This corporal ... put him between his legs, took that wooden gun and shot him. ... I remember his legs twitching ... this happened in 1945, and yet, I can see it as clearly as him lying there and everything exactly the way it happened."

While I didn't interview the real Gutter, I felt as if I had.

A dozen Holocaust survivors, and a Chinese survivor of the 1937 Nanjing Massacre, are being turned into digital forms like Gutter as part of the New Dimensions Testimony project. New Dimensions Testimony, developed by the Shoah Foundation, will be on exhibit this summer at the New York Jewish Museum.

And Gutter's story is also playing out in other formats. A virtual reality experience, "The Last Goodbye," is debuting at the Tribeca Film Festival. Gutter traveled back to Majdanek, one of the concentration camps he survived, to share his memories in the very place they originated. Smith and Gutter are also coauthoring a memoir.

Smith said the recordings have been "future proofed" so when new tech innovations develop, the stories of survivors like Gutter can be adapted. Gutter's digital form someday will be an interactive hologram. For now, the focus is on collecting testimonies of survivors.

"We have to do it now or it won't be recorded for the benefit of the future," he added. "We have a race against time ... You can't replace a human being, but what this does is close the gap a little and create that intimacy and empathy that you might get talking to a real human being."
Denial

Kleon_I XYZ Contagion
Poster

Postby Kleon_I XYZ Contagion » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:51 pm

The BBC examines Yad Vashem’s race against time to identify the six million Jews killed in the Holocaust. The memorial center has so far identified by name 4.7 million of the murdered Jews.

“Every new name we can add to our database is a victory against the Nazis, against the intent of the Nazis to wipe out the Jewish people. Every new name is a small victory against oblivion.”

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-39062221
Denial

Kleon_I XYZ Contagion
Poster

Postby Kleon_I XYZ Contagion » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:00 pm

- Vast German archive holds the secret to combating Holocaust denial
Increased access to 30 million documents housed in the International Tracing Service helps fuel research, combat revisionism and bring closure to victims’ families
By Renee Ghert-Zand, April 23, 2017

http://www.timesofisrael.com/vast-germa ... st-denial/

Many believe that developments with the ITS over the next decade will be crucial, as they watch the number of Holocaust survivors dwindle and Holocaust denial grow.

“Holocaust denial today takes many forms — some by selectively distorting the details, some by diminishing the specific targeting of Jews for annihilation, some by excusing the behavior of the perpetrators, and some by transforming their anti-Semitic intent into anti-Israel rhetoric. All of these forms of Holocaust denial — trivialization, minimization, universalization or inversion are all forms of denial of central aspects of the Holocaust,” wrote Dr. Elana Yael Heideman, executive director of the Israel Forever Foundation, which co-sponsored a February symposium in Jerusalem honoring the 10th anniversary of the opening of the ITS.

“The impeccable records kept by the Nazis are crucial to countering these attempts, as they will enable new researchers to accurately and specifically address circumstances and details of the dehumanization and extermination processes for future generations to learn from,” Heideman wrote in a Times of Israel blog post.

The ITS has 50 million index cards in its Central Names Index (CNI). Each card lists references to documents the archive holds on a single individual. The index has 849 different spellings for Abramovich alone. Approximately one quarter of the material at ITS pertains to Jewish victims of National Socialism.

In 1955, an International Commission was established to govern the ITS and appoint its director. Nine European countries (Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Poland, the UK), plus Israel and the US are represented on the commission.

From 1955 until December 2012, the ITS was managed by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) on behalf of the commission. Material continued to be collected up until 2007, but as no inventory was ever published of the archive’s holdings during the ICRC era, it was impossible to know the extent and full nature of the information housed at Bad Arolsen. ITS released an online searchable general inventory in English and Germany earlier this year.
https://www.its-arolsen.org/en/archives ... inventory/

The opening of the ITS to research has been a boon to Holocaust scholars, but according to Yad Vashem’s Gertner, it will certainly not be the last collection of WWII material to come to light.

“Only a portion of the Nazi material made it to the ITS. Some of it is in other archives around the world, and more stuff is being found all the time in Russia and the Eastern Bloc in the post-Soviet era,” he said.

Still, the ITS will play a key role in combating Holocaust denial in the years ahead. All those familiar with it recognize the power of using this vast quantity of dehumanizing documentation to restore the humanity of the Nazis’ victims.

“What’s in that archive is so detailed that no one could manufacture it,” Shapiro said.
Denial

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:36 pm

I follow the Auschwitz Memorial Account on Twitter, they sent me this today:
http://panorama.auschwitz.org/

Kleon_I XYZ Contagion
Poster

Postby Kleon_I XYZ Contagion » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:52 pm

I would be very curious to find out what deniers could think for a case like that:

- Incredible Story of IDF Soldier Yonatan Handelsman
http://www.cameraoncampus.org/blog/#.WX4aiulLdaR

Maybe our friends-members from Israel could point us to the sergeant's film, if it's available on the web.

Return to “Holocaust Denial”