It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby Balmoral95 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:59 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:
This is very bad:
Why Isn't the Senate Intel Committee looking into the Fake News Networks in OUR country to see why so much of our news is just made up-FAKE!

Will all our denier friends, and gorgeous itself, be denouncing this whiff of autocracy - the call to investigate the press for reporting and opining, as the First Amendment protects its doing?

:hmm: He had a fallout with FAUX or the National Enquirer? They wouldn't publish his "fake" Time magazine cover?

1st amendment doesn't matter: Do the math! 1 is the lowest number, next to zero. 2 is more important because more is better. 2 is twice 1, more important. 2 is beautiful because 2 times anything get you more. 1 is stupid because 1 times anything gets you the same amount. And beware zero. Zero is sad.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:10 am

:lol:

Lard, save me from your followers.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:24 am

Balmoral95 wrote:1 is the lowest number,

One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do
Two can be as bad as one
It's the loneliest number since the number one
No is the saddest experience you'll ever know
Yes, it's the saddest experience you'll ever know
Cause one is the loneliest number that you'll ever do
One is the loneliest number, whoa-oh, worse than two . . .
. . . I mean Negative Capability, that is, when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact and reason—Coleridge, for instance, would let go by a fine isolated verisimilitude caught from the Penetralium of mystery, from being incapable of remaining content with half-knowledge. - John Keats, 1817

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:09 am

Two can be as bad as one

Well, with the troika apparently set to leave sooner or later, the stupid children under fbi kosh/lawyers, Mueller circling step by step, that leaves Huckabilly and a few others around for the final act ( Methinks we can dismiss the postmaster general). Good news is the WH meatloaf tastes just like Ma Trump's finally.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:39 am

Here well-compensated courtesan Hugh Hewitt, willing to do extremely perverted things for cash, explains that right-wing Christians are with Trump because they see that he will support their efforts to discriminate against minorities; agrees with them that Muslims are coddled whilst church-goers are under assault; and will change the Establishment Clause to mean that Christianity is the favored, promoted religion in the US. Because: wedding cakes.
. . . I mean Negative Capability, that is, when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact and reason—Coleridge, for instance, would let go by a fine isolated verisimilitude caught from the Penetralium of mystery, from being incapable of remaining content with half-knowledge. - John Keats, 1817

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:44 am

I still blame Clinton for all this.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:50 am

The calm before the storm: Judging from Twitter, there is a significant groundswell of support for release of the pee-pee tape . . .

OTOH, if the so-called president's oblique comment meant the Iran agreement, WaPo and others report that Trump will be classic Trump on that - talk loud and carry a small, er, stick - he plans, the reports say, to decertify the agreement and then kick the can across town to Congress to deal with sanctions, given that Congress likes tackling difficult problems and has such a stellar track record in achieving results.

Has anyone mentioned recently that this man is a {!#%@} moron?

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:53 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:I still blame Clinton for all this.

I find it very hard to resist going there. :lol:

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:59 am

Electoral politicking, Virginia: Republican Ed Gillespie has been trying to Willie Horton his governor's-race opponent Lt. Gov. Ralph Northam on MS-13 - “MS-13 turns young girls into sex slaves…yet Ralph Northam supports sanctuary cities…”

Yesterday some moron calling himself @realDonaldTrump made a tweet taking this a step further even, accusing Northam of promoting the gang: "Ralph Northam,who is running for Governor of Virginia,is fighting for the violent MS-13 killer gangs & sanctuary cities. Vote Ed Gillespie!"

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Dear [Salutation][First Name]

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:59 am

"Reserve a part of your wrath ; you have not seen the worst yet. You suppose that this war has been a criminal blunder and an exceptional horror ; you imagine that before long reason will prevail, and all these inferior people that govern the world will be swept aside, and your own party will reform everything and remain always in office. You are mistaken."

George Santayana, "Tipperary" (1918)

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:03 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:OTOH, if the so-called president's oblique comment meant the Iran agreement, WaPo and others report that Trump will be classic Trump on that - talk loud and carry a small, er, stick - he plans, the reports say, to decertify the agreement and then kick the can across town to Congress to deal with sanctions, given that Congress likes tackling difficult problems and has such a stellar track record in achieving results.

Has anyone mentioned recently that this man is a {!#%@} moron?

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph! Please don't let Congress get a chance to strike at Iran economically. They are in Netenyahu's pocket and will wreck the Middle East.

I swear my calling him a {!#%@} moron a few days ago was independent of Tillerson's bon mot on the subject. So, perhaps a consensus is emerging since two people as different as Rex and I agree on the description.
"Reserve a part of your wrath ; you have not seen the worst yet. You suppose that this war has been a criminal blunder and an exceptional horror ; you imagine that before long reason will prevail, and all these inferior people that govern the world will be swept aside, and your own party will reform everything and remain always in office. You are mistaken."

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:18 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:The calm before the storm: Judging from Twitter, there is a significant groundswell of support for release of the pee-pee tape . . .

If there is a pee-pee tape, Putin has it and isn't going to release it, period. So that's out.

My favorite follow-up quote in that link:

If you had "calm before the storm", "moron" and "paper towel toss", you win this week's prize.

But I've rethought my conjecture. The reference to "next week's Apprentice" is a giveaway that he's planning to fire somebody. Who? Two names of course come to mind: Tillerson, Mueller (maybe both?) Now he can't fire Mueller directly. Sessions won't do it, and he'd have to fire Sessions first. That would certainly provoke a storm. If he then fired Tillerson as well, all hell would break loose. But he's just crazy enough to do that and guarantee his own removal from office before year's end.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:48 pm

Two can be as bad as one

Aaaaaaawwwww, crap, now I'm going to have that song running through my head all day.... :lol:

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:56 pm

If I'm going to have Three Dog Night running through my head I prefer this:

https://youtu.be/wkM7uWBjUrI

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:57 pm

Balmoral95 wrote:

Two can be as bad as one

Well, with the troika apparently set to leave sooner or later, the stupid children under fbi kosh/lawyers, Mueller circling step by step, that leaves Huckabilly and a few others around for the final act ( Methinks we can dismiss the postmaster general). Good news is the WH meatloaf tastes just like Ma Trump's finally.

"Final act" is good! :D Maybe Trump will fire Sessions, then Mueller, then Tillerson and go out in a blaze of Wagnerian glory. At that point, the premise of this thread will have been fulfilled, and we'll have to concentrate on just HD.

Among the few left at this point is Betsy de Vos, who had to cancel a trip to Toronto this week, due to outrage among teachers there. (And she can't even go after them!) So, we've got a President who doesn't dare go to England and a cabinet officer who doesn't even dare go to Canada. But our alliances are in fine shape, right?

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:17 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:The calm before the storm: Judging from Twitter, there is a significant groundswell of support for release of the pee-pee tape . . .

If there is a pee-pee tape, Putin has it and isn't going to release it, period. So that's out.

I am just noting public opinion. Also, anything can happen - if the ZOG gets to Trump, for example . . .

Upton_O_Goode wrote:My favorite follow-up quote in that link:

If you had "calm before the storm", "moron" and "paper towel toss", you win this week's prize.

Mine too.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:44 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Here well-compensated courtesan Hugh Hewitt, willing to do extremely perverted things for cash, explains that right-wing Christians are with Trump because they see that he will support their efforts to discriminate against minorities; agrees with them that Muslims are coddled whilst church-goers are under assault; and will change the Establishment Clause to mean that Christianity is the favored, promoted religion in the US. Because: wedding cakes.

And not only assurance but, perhaps, enhancement of their already tax free ride and IRS sponsored gift shops.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:57 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:I am just noting public opinion. Also, anything can happen - if the ZOG gets to Trump, for example . . .

OMG, I forgot all about ZOG. How could anyone on this board have missed that possibility? Obviously, Nazis marching boldly and waving swastika flags are a sure sign of a ZOG false-flags operation.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:12 pm

Paddock update. It begins to appear that the guy was just a psychopath, pure and simple. We may never know about any specific trigger. He may just have gotten an idea some months ago and set about realizing his fantasy.

The note that he left behind, we now hear, was just numbers, so probably connected with a gambling strategy and nothing to do with his crime. Certainly not a message to the world, no manifesto. The explosives in his car were exploding targets. Maybe he practiced on them before committing his crime. Doesn't mean he planned to escape, as the media are speculating.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:39 pm

David Frum: you'd better free your mind instead.

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:01 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:Paddock update. It begins to appear that the guy was just a psychopath, pure and simple. We may never know about any specific trigger. He may just have gotten an idea some months ago and set about realizing his fantasy.

The note that he left behind, we now hear, was just numbers, so probably connected with a gambling strategy and nothing to do with his crime. Certainly not a message to the world, no manifesto. The explosives in his car were exploding targets. Maybe he practiced on them before committing his crime. Doesn't mean he planned to escape, as the media are speculating.

My wife and I were talking about the media's seeming obsession with motive for this event as well as their bid to impose a rational explanation for a wholly irrational act. We came to the conclusion that the motive is staring them in the face: suicide (albeit a tragically over-dramatic and over-elaborate form of suicide.

As to the question of escape plans, maybe yes, more likely no. The media cites to examples of other mass murderers with escape plans: Columbine and the Tsarnaev brothers. In the case of the former, Klebold did write elaborate escapist fantasy plans in his diaryall of which became impracticable as soon as the first shot was fired. With the Tsarnaev's pretty much the same. In either casethough, all of them were prepared to end their lives as suicides.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:16 pm

In full agreement with you and your wife. That Paddock had additional weapons - which the sheriff alluded to as evidence of plan to escape* - is as likely irrelevant to escape as it is pertinent to escape: those weapons could have been, in a way, overkill. He just had a shitload of firepower, not all of which he could use.

* CNN and WaPo reported today that also contrary to the sheriff's press conference, where he mentioned an escape plan and likely accomplices, Paddock likely had no accomplices (e.g., hotel video contains no evidence of his contacts with possible accomplices). Earlier reports on that presser had the FBI distancing itself from the sheriff's irresponsible comments on these matters.

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:34 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:In full agreement with you and your wife. That Paddock had additional weapons - which the sheriff alluded to as evidence of plan to escape* - is as likely irrelevant to escape as it is pertinent to escape: those weapons could have been, in a way, overkill. He just had a shitload of firepower, not all of which he could use.

* CNN and WaPo reported today that also contrary to the sheriff's press conference, where he mentioned an escape plan and likely accomplices, Paddock likely had no accomplices (e.g., hotel video contains no evidence of his contacts with possible accomplices). Earlier reports on that presser had the FBI distancing itself from the sheriff's irresponsible comments on these matters.

Agreed on the extra weaponry. Also, the location from which he was shooting contra-indicates an escape as there's about nothing so easy for LE to contain/isolate than a high rise hotel room. I found that sheriff full of shite on that point.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:39 pm

Excactly. And escape to where and what? It's not as if he suddenly appeared in the open out of the dark and no one knew anything of and about him.

He would have had to dash pretty much right after the first shots were fired to make any kind of escape. And his arsenal doesn't look like he just suddenly and unplanned got hooked on pulling the trigger.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:32 am

It's 8:30 PM in Washington, DC. Mr. Kelly, do you know where your children are?

Given that Tillerson called Trump a {!#%@} moron, I'm surprised that he hasn't been indicted for leaking state secrets to our enemies.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:37 am

Today's Republican party is becoming increasingly accepting of alt-right, crypto-fascist, anti-Semitic, and racist-confederate elements. They're useful:

"Here's How Breitbart And Milo Smuggled Nazi and White Nationalist Ideas Into The Mainstream: A cache of documents obtained by BuzzFeed News reveals the truth about Steve Bannon’s alt-right 'killing machine'" (fascinating read, including material on complicity of some liberal media folks in helping cook up Breitbart's toxic, racist stew)

"Arizona congressman repeats bogus claim that Charlottesville violence was left-wing plot"

"Roy Moore’s Neo-Confederate Sugar Daddy Has Deep Ties To Secessionists"

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:48 am

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:49 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:It's 8:30 PM in Washington, DC. Mr. Kelly, do you know where your children are?

rumors on MSNBC tonight - we watched a bit of the ongoing Trump Show before finding something better to do - that Kelly is also on the chopping block . . . Trump doesn't seem to be a good person to work with or for, just sayin'

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:14 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:It's 8:30 PM in Washington, DC. Mr. Kelly, do you know where your children are?

rumors on MSNBC tonight - we watched a bit of the ongoing Trump Show before finding something better to do - that Kelly is also on the chopping block . . . Trump doesn't seem to be a good person to work with or for, just sayin'

Couldn't face Trump tonight.... although confident Tillerson goes down in the next 8 days. As noted Tillerson was a complete wrong pick for State.... anticipating a "wronger" replacement.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:32 am

If I thought the South actually WOULD secede, I'd acquiesce. I know there are lots of reasonable people there, and I'm sorry for those who would be stuck. Many of them would probably move North, as happened after the Civil War. I'm sick of having to put up with the likes of Moore and Sessions. And even though McConnell inhabits a border slave state that didn't secede back in 1861, he'd be welcome to move South and join his spiritual buddies there, taking Mike Pence with him. Let them have their rule of the saints, climate-change denial, creationism, and other intellectual nonsense. They are a drag on the rest of the country, and through the US government, a drag on the whole world.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:37 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Vox piece on the Buzzfeed exposé

Nice piece. In particular, this:

"Until recently, Breitbart had a presence in the West Wing with Breitbart executive Steve Bannon, who served as Trump’s campaign CEO as well as White House chief strategist."

I take exception to the phrase "until recently." I'm convinced Bannon is STILL a strong presence in the West Wing, even if he's not there physically. (And who's to say he's not? The White House keeps visitor logs secret.)

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:43 am

Balmoral95 wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:
This is very bad:
Why Isn't the Senate Intel Committee looking into the Fake News Networks in OUR country to see why so much of our news is just made up-FAKE!

Will all our denier friends, and gorgeous itself, be denouncing this whiff of autocracy - the call to investigate the press for reporting and opining, as the First Amendment protects its doing?

:hmm: He had a fallout with FAUX or the National Enquirer? They wouldn't publish his "fake" Time magazine cover?

1st amendment doesn't matter: Do the math! 1 is the lowest number, next to zero. 2 is more important because more is better. 2 is twice 1, more important. 2 is beautiful because 2 times anything get you more. 1 is stupid because 1 times anything gets you the same amount. And beware zero. Zero is sad.

OTOH, I think 4 is good. In fact, 4 is TWICE as good as 2:

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable search and seizure, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched and the persons or things to be seized."

And, if we can fling this in the dirt and dance upon it, a fortiori, we can surely do the same with a mere 2.

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:09 pm

background article on (growing) credibility of Steele "dossier" on how Russians worked Trump

I take issue with the way The Grauniad stated one point - and I think it's important to think about this point. The Grauniad writes, "Burr said his committee needed to talk Steele himself to assess the dossier properly and urged him to speak to its members or staff." Whilst true, the wording obscures what seems to be going on here.

Burr, the Republican intelligence committee chair, is walking a tightrope - and part of his balancing act seems to be to stick with Trump (and the coverup) to a certain degree.

Here is what Burr actually said:
As it relates to the Steele dossier; unfortunately the committee has hit a wall. We have on several occasions made attempts to contact Mr. Steele, to meet with Mr. Steele, to include personally the vice chairman and myself as two individuals making that connection. Those offers have gone unaccepted. The committee cannot really decide the credibility of the dossier without understanding things like, who paid for it? Who were your sources and sub-sources? . . .

My hope is that Mr. Steele will make a decision to meet with either Mark and I or the committee or both, so that we can hear his side of it, versus for us to depict in our findings what his intent or what his actions were. And I say that to you but I also say it to Chris Steele.

With this wording, Burr tried to create the impression that Steele was resistant to meeting with Warner and him. That is how the press reported Burr's statement.

But The Grauniad article goes on to note, correctly, that "According to an NBC report on Friday, Steele had expressed willingness to meet the committee’s leaders." Actually, multiple media sources report that Steele has been willing to meet with Burr and Warner - the NBC report stating that Steele has been discussing terms for a meeting for a month before Burr's misleading statement to the public. An accurate statement would not have said that a wall has been hit but rather that the committee is hopeful that their talks with Steele reach fruition.

The question arises why Burr muddied the waters with his inaccurate statement.

Given that Burr did so, and the track record of leaks from his committee, Steele should be careful about what he agrees to share with Burr and Warner. He should assume that whatever Burr and his staffers hear about Steele's sources and methods will reach the White House and ultimately the Russians.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:51 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:...

As it relates to the Steele dossier; unfortunately the committee has hit a wall...

With this wording, Burr tried to create the impression that Steele was resistant to meeting with Warner and him. That is how the press reported Burr's statement.

But The Grauniad article goes on to note, correctly, that "According to an NBC report on Friday, Steele had expressed willingness to meet the committee’s leaders." Actually, multiple media sources report that Steele has been willing to meet with Burr and Warner...

Sounds more like Steele isn't agreeing to conditions set by Burr/committee (or the other way around), of course for a my-way-or-the highway-Rep that means "we're done talking".

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:48 pm

The developing relationship between Trump and Netenyahu:

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/1.815879

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.815661

The first of these is just an Israeli view of the {!#%@} moron. But it's interesting.

In the second, we learn that Trump finds it harder to deal with Netenyahu than with Abbas. But if he's quoted correctly, he almost sounds as if he understands diplomacy. Must be something wrong there.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:09 pm

It's Saturday afternoon, and I'm about to uncork a bottle of Merlot and mellow out.

And speaking of mellowing out, here's a piece that goes down very smooth. Good laughs throughout.

Best news of all is it contains this link, which is a comfortable counterpoint to the poll StatMech cited day before yesterday, in which Trump was up to 39% approval. Since I enjoy living in a bubble, I'm going to go with the poll cited in The Hill.

I expect to be too mellow to write any more today (not drunk, but a couple of glasses of wine will take the edge off my writing). As Trump would say, "Have a good time!" this evening.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:54 pm

:ahoy:

What's team Tillerson/Mattis gonna do without Mnuchin should he quit since he's told he should stop his Pricey behavior?
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Balmoral95
Regular Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:01 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:It's Saturday afternoon, and I'm about to uncork a bottle of Merlot and mellow out.

And speaking of mellowing out, here's a piece that goes down very smooth. Good laughs throughout.

Best news of all is it contains this link, which is a comfortable counterpoint to the poll StatMech cited day before yesterday, in which Trump was up to 39% approval. Since I enjoy living in a bubble, I'm going to go with the poll cited in The Hill.

I expect to be too mellow to write any more today (not drunk, but a couple of glasses of wine will take the edge off my writing). As Trump would say, "Have a good time!" this evening.

Sounds like a pleasant afternoon.... in other news, it's about to martini here. :lol:

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:52 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:It's Saturday afternoon, and I'm about to uncork a bottle of Merlot and mellow out.

And speaking of mellowing out, here's a piece that goes down very smooth.

See, this hits home:

(Oklahoma, have you ever considered asking your Senators to pass fifth grade reading comprehension tests?)

Excellent suggestion, unfortunately, this would disbar anyone in the Republican Party from running this state, leaving us without a Governor, Lieutenant-Governor, State Senate or State House of Representatives.

Hhhhhhhhmmmmmmm, I sense a silver lining here.... :lol:

Statistical Mechanic
Has No Life

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:45 am

Return to “Holocaust Denial”