Funny image thread

Laugh it up...
User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Funny image thread

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:09 am

Did you say "around" and "the globe?"

Image
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Funny image thread

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:04 am

Image
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29090
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Funny image thread

Postby Gord » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:21 am

Major Malfunction wrote:In a thousand years, aliens are gonna think these are landing sites.

They are.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19634
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Funny image thread

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:49 am

Gord wrote:
Major Malfunction wrote:In a thousand years, aliens are gonna think these are landing sites.

They are.

Hi, Io the lurker.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Funny image thread

Postby Nikki Nyx » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:10 am

Image
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19634
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Funny image thread

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:38 am

:lol:
Hi, Io the lurker.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Funny image thread

Postby Nikki Nyx » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:16 am

Good thing CNBC added that parenthetical specification to avoid confusion. :lol:

Image
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Re: Funny image thread

Postby Cadmusteeth » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:45 pm

Cause it's just so easy get under this guy's skin.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19455
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Funny image thread

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:22 pm

Cadmusteeth wrote:Cause it's just so easy get under this guy's skin.

He is a spoiled child in adult clothes.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19634
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Funny image thread

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:38 pm

Yeah, that's only cute when they're little...

Spoiler:
Image
Spoiler:
Hi, Io the lurker.

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 11310
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: Funny image thread

Postby Major Malfunction » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:19 pm

I think it's supposed to go, "Puss in boots", "Pig in {!#%@}".

But the combination strangely works in this photogram.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Re: Funny image thread

Postby Cadmusteeth » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:03 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Yeah, that's only cute when they're little...

Spoiler:
Image
Spoiler:

My niece says: "It's the cutest thing ever!"

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Funny image thread

Postby Nikki Nyx » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:58 pm

Quite apt for this forum...

Image
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29090
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Funny image thread

Postby Gord » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:10 pm

Scooby-Doo USED TO do that. Nowadays, Scooby-Doo fights "actual ghosts". It's a real let-down.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Funny image thread

Postby Nikki Nyx » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:24 am

Gord wrote:Scooby-Doo USED TO do that. Nowadays, Scooby-Doo fights "actual ghosts". It's a real let-down.

Seriously? Well, that's just depressing AF.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29090
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Funny image thread

Postby Gord » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:18 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Gord wrote:Scooby-Doo USED TO do that. Nowadays, Scooby-Doo fights "actual ghosts". It's a real let-down.

Seriously? Well, that's just depressing AF.

Also, the characters all starting dating each other. Velma was dating Shaggy last time I turned it off.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Funny image thread

Postby Nikki Nyx » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:19 am

I'd like you to imagine the captions for my meme being read in David Attenborough's voice...

Image
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Re: Funny image thread

Postby Cadmusteeth » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:29 pm

It's like a rug peeling off a wall.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19455
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Funny image thread

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:46 pm

Cadmusteeth wrote:It's like a rug peeling off a wall.

The brown part is a carpet.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19455
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Funny image thread

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:46 pm

Image
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 11310
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: Funny image thread

Postby Major Malfunction » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:55 pm

Ah! That's right! Thanks for reminding me! I need to buy a coupla shitbags...
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19634
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Funny image thread

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:00 pm

Spoiler:
Hi, Io the lurker.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29090
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Funny image thread

Postby Gord » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:46 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:I'd like you to imagine the captions for my meme being read in David Attenborough's voice...

Image

You signed it? :lol:
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Funny image thread

Postby Nikki Nyx » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:13 am

Gord wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:I'd like you to imagine the captions for my meme being read in David Attenborough's voice...

Image

You signed it? :lol:

Well, I made it. It's funnier than at least 75% of memes on the Internet. :mrgreen:
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic
Posts: 10182
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Funny image thread

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:15 am

OK.........I let the first time pass. What is your meme?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Funny image thread

Postby Nikki Nyx » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:16 am

Here's another one...
Image
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19634
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Funny image thread

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:38 am

Ah, gin and tonic immobility. :-P
Hi, Io the lurker.

User avatar
ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3069
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:21 pm
Custom Title: His Beatitude

Re: Funny image thread

Postby ElectricMonk » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:12 pm

Image
I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

User avatar
Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4817
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk
Location: Detroit
Contact:

Re: Funny image thread

Postby Austin Harper » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:02 pm

Image
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19634
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Funny image thread

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:37 pm

Yay, Austin is back! Maybe he can help with this. :-P

Spoiler:
Image
Hi, Io the lurker.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19455
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Funny image thread

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:54 pm

Austin Harper wrote:Image

Austin! You chewed through the bars?
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4817
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk
Location: Detroit
Contact:

Re: Funny image thread

Postby Austin Harper » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:59 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:Austin! You chewed through the bars?

Shhhhhh! They'll hear you and come lock me up again!
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19455
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Funny image thread

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:30 pm

Austin Harper wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:Austin! You chewed through the bars?

Shhhhhh! They'll hear you and come lock me up again!

Nope, I checked. They're going to market you as "free range." Enjoy it while you can.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Funny image thread

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:52 pm

Image
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29090
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Funny image thread

Postby Gord » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:59 pm

ElectricMonk wrote:Image

Gewwww, what an ugly baby.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Posts: 10407
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Funny image thread

Postby OlegTheBatty » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:38 pm

Gord wrote:
ElectricMonk wrote:Image

Gewwww, what an ugly baby.


Baby looks like he's trying to soil his underwear, thusly ending dada's smug mode.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19634
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Funny image thread

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:13 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:...Baby looks like he's trying to soil his underwear Depends, thusly ending dada's smug mode.

fify :upsidown:
Hi, Io the lurker.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 7847
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: Funny image thread

Postby Aztexan » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:05 pm

IMG_20170707_170319.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This is a sentence. tHi5 iz a seN+3nce oN drUgs!!!

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty"--sign seen at Occupy Wall St. protest.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29090
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Funny image thread

Postby Gord » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:11 am

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Gord wrote:
ElectricMonk wrote:Image

Gewwww, what an ugly baby.

Baby looks like he's trying to soil his underwear, thusly ending dada's smug mode.

Or he already has, and that's why dada's trying to hand him away.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19634
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Funny image thread

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:12 pm

Let me tell you a little story...

Spoiler:
Hi, Io the lurker.


Return to “The Funny Pages”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest