A Challenge....

If the red house has blue shutters and the green house has red shutters, what's this section for?
User avatar
jannette
Regular Poster
Posts: 768
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:57 pm
Custom Title: I am
Location: I'm Everywhere!! Right behind you!!0.o*

A Challenge....

Postby jannette » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:25 pm

I am setting forth a challenge for all.
In the hopes of progress.
Have fun with it. ;)

The following words may not be used
in any way when posting. If. And. But. Or.

It's an attempt to escape Babylon.
B, a b. Y l o n?
Good bye cruel internet world. My days here are numbered.
This comp' sucks & I just lost my phone. :(
The End
FIN.

I may be right.
I may be wrong.
I just tell it like I see it. <(*.*)>

User avatar
ShadowSot
Poster
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:15 pm
Custom Title: Monkey

Re: A Challenge....

Postby ShadowSot » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:49 pm

Huh? I'm not sure I exactly get what the point of the rules are?
"The nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools".

– Thucydides

HUMOR

User avatar
jannette
Regular Poster
Posts: 768
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:57 pm
Custom Title: I am
Location: I'm Everywhere!! Right behind you!!0.o*

Re: A Challenge....

Postby jannette » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:32 pm

ShadowSot wrote:Huh? I'm not sure I exactly get what the point of the rules are?

It's simple, don't ever use the
words ( If, And, But,Or) in any posts.

If you type and use but this or but
that and this or that. You waste
time and energy.

Typing, if, and, or, but wastes
time/ energy.
Good bye cruel internet world. My days here are numbered.
This comp' sucks & I just lost my phone. :(
The End
FIN.

I may be right.
I may be wrong.
I just tell it like I see it. <(*.*)>

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 7843
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: A Challenge....

Postby Aztexan » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:57 am

If I accept this challenge and fail, nothing will be lost or gained, but I could at least try. You're on.
This is a sentence. tHi5 iz a seN+3nce oN drUgs!!!

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty"--sign seen at Occupy Wall St. protest.

User avatar
jannette
Regular Poster
Posts: 768
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:57 pm
Custom Title: I am
Location: I'm Everywhere!! Right behind you!!0.o*

Re: A Challenge....

Postby jannette » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:07 am

ruben lopez wrote:If I accept this challenge and fail, nothing will be lost or gained, but I could at least try. You're on.

That's all I ask Dear, that people at least try. :)
Good bye cruel internet world. My days here are numbered.
This comp' sucks & I just lost my phone. :(
The End
FIN.

I may be right.
I may be wrong.
I just tell it like I see it. <(*.*)>

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Posts: 10406
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: A Challenge....

Postby OlegTheBatty » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:04 am

jannette wrote:Typing, if, and, or, but wastes
time/ energy.

In the case of, additionally, mutually exclusive choice, however.

See? it can be done.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29080
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: A Challenge....

Postby Gord » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:08 pm

It can be done, BUT I still don't know why it would be done. AND furthermore, IF I were to do this, would I come to some sort of realization, OR would it simply waste my time?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
jannette
Regular Poster
Posts: 768
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:57 pm
Custom Title: I am
Location: I'm Everywhere!! Right behind you!!0.o*

Re: A Challenge....

Postby jannette » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:09 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
jannette wrote:Typing, if, and, or, but wastes
time/ energy.

In the case of, additionally, mutually exclusive choice, however.

See? it can be done.

Are you willing to keep it up though?
Good bye cruel internet world. My days here are numbered.
This comp' sucks & I just lost my phone. :(
The End
FIN.

I may be right.
I may be wrong.
I just tell it like I see it. <(*.*)>

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Posts: 10406
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: A Challenge....

Postby OlegTheBatty » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:21 am

jannette wrote:
OlegTheBatty wrote:
jannette wrote:Typing, if, and, or, but wastes
time/ energy.

In the case of, additionally, mutually exclusive choice, however.

See? it can be done.

Are you willing to keep it up though?

If your point is that typing [unmentionables] is a waste of energy, note that typing the alternatives is a greater waste of energy.

Operating on the hypothesis that the superfluous energy expenditure is a side issue, the duration of eschewment of certain short, precise utterances in favour of less fuel efficient circumlocutions is as dimly revealed by the mists of time for me as for you.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
jannette
Regular Poster
Posts: 768
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:57 pm
Custom Title: I am
Location: I'm Everywhere!! Right behind you!!0.o*

Re: A Challenge....

Postby jannette » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:02 pm

My thought was that it help reduce emotional
banter, separating fact from frustration due to
the inability/ lack of desire to communicate their
thoughts to words.
This reduces reading time as well ie: 10 + 0 = 10,
1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 10
which would you rather read.
Eventually words are reduced to~ A B, c d fsh?
M r not fsh!! S m r, c m? To where you can
understand the words without actually reading them.

Maybe I'm in this boat alone? I find there are some
good points made yet they are buried in long posts.
Although there are many here who state, you present
your point because we're not going to take the time
to look for it. Then there is, if you are going to get all
emotional in your post, don't bother posting because
this is a scientific forum. Not group therapy.

Have a wonderful day all. :)
Good bye cruel internet world. My days here are numbered.
This comp' sucks & I just lost my phone. :(
The End
FIN.

I may be right.
I may be wrong.
I just tell it like I see it. <(*.*)>


Return to “Brainteasers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest