Your Brain on Food: Simply Fantastic

Creationism, Intelligent Design, and Evolution.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Your Brain on Food: Simply Fantastic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:47 am

By virologist/evolutionary medical biologist Gary Wenk. Fantastic insights with some important hints on how to affect your life through the food (aka: drugs) you consume. Best hour of TV I have ever watched. going to read his book and review his blog as well.

I like how he goes back 4 Billion years to the role of Oxygen/Energy/sex and why we die. I may have lucked out....I drink a lot of beer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB90LQXtnKs
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: His Beatitude

Re: Your Brain on Food: Simply Fantastic

Postby ElectricMonk » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:24 am

Looks like I have a lot of smoking to catch up.
I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Re: Your Brain on Food: Simply Fantastic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:58 am

Yeah, that was good news. He did a bit on putting a can of nutmeg into apple sauce and going on a psychedelic trip. Said that babies experience mothers milk as if it was heroin.....that reaction shuts down around age 3 or so...... but its not just tits. Re the MJ...like everything else he presents..... there are negative tradeoffs. Part of what makes the presentation work so well.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Return to “Origins”