Origin of life on Earth

Creationism, Intelligent Design, and Evolution.
Post Reply
User avatar
kennyc
Has No Life
Posts: 12221
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:21 am
Custom Title: The Dank Side of the Moon
Location: Denver, CO

Origin of life on Earth

Post by kennyc » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:48 pm

Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry - The Bleeding Edge
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31906
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Origin of life on Earth

Post by Gord » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:22 pm

But those are two boys! How did they procreate?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 21998
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Origin of life on Earth

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:45 pm

Gord wrote:But those are two boys! How did they procreate?

Remember, Caine and Abel were boys, and Abel was DEAD.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23889
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: Origin of life on Earth

Post by scrmbldggs » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:48 pm

That's Coach. Girls are riding First Class on the other side.
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Daedalus
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5392
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 8:38 pm
Custom Title: Ave Atque Vale

Re: Origin of life on Earth

Post by Daedalus » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:48 pm

Well there you go, Panspermia. :lol:
"Propaganda is a monologue which seeks not a response, but an echo." (W.H. Auden)
"Given time and plenty of paper, philosophers can prove anything." (Robert Heinlein)
"The map is not the territory." (Alfred Korzybski)
“You’re in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on its back, struggling, and you’re not helping — why is that?" (Bladerunner)

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 12444
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: Origin of life on Earth

Post by Major Malfunction » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:39 am

That would equip an entire army with magic swords!
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
Luomo
Poster
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:14 pm
Custom Title: junior scientist.

Re: Origin of life on Earth

Post by Luomo » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:05 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Gord wrote:But those are two boys! How did they procreate?

Remember, Caine and Abel were boys, and Abel was DEAD.


Don't forget the Land of Nod, where they could pick up wives, but still retain the title of first family on earth.
Just a guy trying to use reason to find my way through the jungle of ideas.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9657
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Origin of life on Earth

Post by Poodle » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:57 pm

Luomo wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Gord wrote:But those are two boys! How did they procreate?

Remember, Caine and Abel were boys, and Abel was DEAD.


Don't forget the Land of Nod, where they could pick up wives, but still retain the title of first family on earth.


I'm sure that you see the biblical logic errors in that statement, Luomo.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31906
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Origin of life on Earth

Post by Gord » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:06 am

Poodle wrote:
Luomo wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Gord wrote:But those are two boys! How did they procreate?

Remember, Caine and Abel were boys, and Abel was DEAD.

Don't forget the Land of Nod, where they could pick up wives, but still retain the title of first family on earth.

I'm sure that you see the biblical logic errors in that statement, Luomo.

Not if they Land of Nod was the future, and they went there in their dreams. :P
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
Luomo
Poster
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:14 pm
Custom Title: junior scientist.

Re: Origin of life on Earth

Post by Luomo » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:03 pm

Gord wrote:
Poodle wrote:
Luomo wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Gord wrote:But those are two boys! How did they procreate?

Remember, Caine and Abel were boys, and Abel was DEAD.

Don't forget the Land of Nod, where they could pick up wives, but still retain the title of first family on earth.

I'm sure that you see the biblical logic errors in that statement, Luomo.

Not if they Land of Nod was the future, and they went there in their dreams. :P

Anything like that could work. Religions never had a problem bending their interpretations to fit their agenda.
Just a guy trying to use reason to find my way through the jungle of ideas.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 21998
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Origin of life on Earth

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:23 am

I picture a bunch of camel herders sitting around a campfire, say 4,000 years ago. They're telling one whooper after another, until some schmuck comes up with the creation story. Everybody roars with laughter and one guy says, "We should write that down!"

"Nah, nobody who isn't drunk on fermented mare's milk would even listen to it."

"Yeah, and we can't write anyway!"
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Luomo
Poster
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:14 pm
Custom Title: junior scientist.

Re: Origin of life on Earth

Post by Luomo » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:18 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:I picture a bunch of camel herders sitting around a campfire, say 4,000 years ago. They're telling one whooper after another, until some schmuck comes up with the creation story. Everybody roars with laughter and one guy says, "We should write that down!"

"Nah, nobody who isn't drunk on fermented mare's milk would even listen to it."

"Yeah, and we can't write anyway!"


It was all good fun until the shamen got involved, and started stoning people and such.
Just a guy trying to use reason to find my way through the jungle of ideas.

Post Reply