Abiogensis "missing link" found?

Creationism, Intelligent Design, and Evolution.
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Abiogensis "missing link" found?

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:32 pm

Potential 'missing link' in chemistry that led to life on Earth discovered
Date: November 6, 2017
Source: Scripps Research Institute
Summary: Chemists have found a compound that may have been a crucial factor in the origins of life on Earth, explains a new report

Chemists at The Scripps Research Institute (TSRI) have found a compound that may have been a crucial factor in the origins of life on Earth.

Origins-of-life researchers have hypothesized that a chemical reaction called phosphorylation may have been crucial for the assembly of three key ingredients in early life forms: short strands of nucleotides to store genetic information, short chains of amino acids (peptides) to do the main work of cells, and lipids to form encapsulating structures such as cell walls. Yet, no one has ever found a phosphorylating agent that was plausibly present on early Earth and could have produced these three classes of molecules side-by-side under the same realistic conditions.

TSRI chemists have now identified just such a compound: diamidophosphate (DAP).

"We suggest a phosphorylation chemistry that could have given rise, all in the same place, to oligonucleotides, oligopeptides, and the cell-like structures to enclose them," said study senior author Ramanarayanan Krishnamurthy, associate professor of chemistry at TSRI. "That in turn would have allowed other chemistries that were not possible before, potentially leading to the first simple, cell-based living entities."

Continues... https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 112301.htm
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: His Beatitude

Re: Abiogensis "missing link" found?

Postby ElectricMonk » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:53 pm

thanks for that.
I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:06 pm

yes...all just a happy accident...where did consciousness come from??
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: His Beatitude

Postby ElectricMonk » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:10 pm

gorgeous wrote:yes...all just a happy accident...where did consciousness come from??

evolution.
I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:23 pm

ElectricMonk wrote:
gorgeous wrote:yes...all just a happy accident...where did consciousness come from??

evolution.

Or space aliens. Always add "space aliens."

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:26 pm

ElectricMonk wrote:

evolution.

------and how did that happen ? Bacteria just magically became self aware??
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:42 pm

from Seth...the origin of life...God or All That Is was all alone and it was agony...needed to create and gets unending joy from continuous creation and us....oddly remoter viewers said the same thing when they viewed how life came into existence...the agony of being alone was horrible and God began creating life...and they saw that God could destroy all in an instant but never would as He would never return to being alone... https://youtu.be/roiHmkvBStY

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:03 am

gorgeous wrote: ------and how did that happen ? Bacteria just magically became self aware??
The evolution of the frontal lobes in mammals allowed for consciousness to evolve.
Frontal lobes.jpg

You have been told this hundreds of times but you can't remember because you are going senile.
:lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:05 am

gorgeous wrote:from Seth...the origin of life...God or All
Hey Gorgeous? How come none of Seth, the 1970 channeled alien's predictions came true?

Can you name one of Seth's predictions that came true at all?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:27 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
gorgeous wrote: ------and how did that happen ? Bacteria just magically became self aware??
The evolution of the frontal lobes in mammals allowed for consciousness to evolve.
Frontal lobes.jpg
You have been told this hundreds of times but you can't remember because you are going senile.

Yes........and more interestingly the frontal lobe got larger in order to perform its function: "The frontal lobes are involved in motor function, problem solving, spontaneity, memory, language, initiation, judgement, impulse control, and social and sexual behavior."........and you get enough of that going on, and consciousness "grows" as well. From smelling the mirror, to looking behind the mirror, to pointing at the mirror, to combing one's hair.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:48 am

how did an organ become conscious and where did the mind come from and reside?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:25 am

From comparative biology: obviously consciousness is a product of a sufficiently complex frontal lobe..........a result of experiencing the functions listed. The mind comes from the brain where consciousness resides. Best proof I know of: split brain studies. Hit areas of the brain with electricity and "real" experiences are perceived....even though just strapped to a gurney.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:59 am

no evidence

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:02 am

comparative biology === split brain studies

Have you scooped out Your Potato Face behind the eyes? Total vacuum????

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:05 am

show me a mind in a brain

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:11 am

The brain can be observed at your local butchers. You can directly observe your own mind...........and infer the same in others unless.......................

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:16 am

really? what does a mind look like?

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:20 am

The brain is made of three main parts: the forebrain, midbrain, and hindbrain. The forebrain consists of the cerebrum, thalamus, and hypothalamus (part of the limbic system). The midbrain consists of the tectum and tegmentum. The hindbrain is made of the cerebellum, pons and medulla. -------why isn't the mind mentioned? Do they not know it's in the brain??

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:43 am

Because you are only addressing the physical aspects. You can also divide/label/understand the brain for its functions: memory, language, color, speech, motor control...................... MIND. aka: frontal lobe.

How many times you gotta be told?

Phoenix76
Poster
Custom Title: Phoenix76

Postby Phoenix76 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:03 am

Gorgeous, I must apologize. I'm a 71 year old and I'm getting a bit slow these days. So I have trouble sometimes understanding all your deep and meaningful posts.

So in the hope of learning, I try to understand what it is that you are writing. Can you please explain to me which Seth it is that you speak of often. The only Seth that I know of is the third son of Adam. Now he lived from 3670BC til 2758BC. Now that is 912 years. So I guess with all that living he must have been a very knowledgeable person. Like, you say, "From Seth.... The Origin of Life.... God of All". So do you mean that Seth is God??

I mean, I don't believe in God, but this Seth bloke might be something else. Maybe I should believe in him instead. Please help me Gorgeous, I'd like to understand.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:25 pm

gorgeous wrote:how did an organ become conscious and where did the mind come from and reside?

Sort of the same way unthinking foetuses grow into thinking adults. Occasionally.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:09 pm

Gord wrote:
gorgeous wrote:how did an organ become conscious and where did the mind come from and reside?

Sort of the same way unthinking foetuses grow into thinking adults. Occasionally.

Reluctantly. :roll:

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:37 pm

the fetal body has no consciousness...it is a body unless it is occupied...

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:40 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Because you are only addressing the physical aspects. You can also divide/label/understand the brain for its functions: memory, language, color, speech, motor control...................... MIND. aka: frontal lobe.

How many times you gotta be told?

--no where does science say the mind is part of the brain...they do say they don't know where the mind is ...

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:45 pm

Phoenix76 wrote:Gorgeous, I must apologize. I'm a 71 year old and I'm getting a bit slow these days. So I have trouble sometimes understanding all your deep and meaningful posts.

So in the hope of learning, I try to understand what it is that you are writing. Can you please explain to me which Seth it is that you speak of often. The only Seth that I know of is the third son of Adam. Now he lived from 3670BC til 2758BC. Now that is 912 years. So I guess with all that living he must have been a very knowledgeable person. Like, you say, "From Seth.... The Origin of Life.... God of All". So do you mean that Seth is God??

I mean, I don't believe in God, but this Seth bloke might be something else. Maybe I should believe in him instead. Please help me Gorgeous, I'd like to understand.

-------did you watch the video by Seth? Good info verified by remote viewers.....Seth was a spirit channeled by Jane Roberts....he said he was sent to help us understand our existence......see my seth thread for more.....the Seth transcriptions are now at Yale University as part of their collection and there are Seth events around the world about his teachings...he has said we will reincarnate whether you believe in it or not until we finish our education on this planet....as the grey aliens have told people the Earth is a school...

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:05 pm

gorgeous wrote:the fetal body has no consciousness...it is a body unless it is occupied...

Bodies aren't occupied; they're not meatsuits. You can't move into someone else's body or put it on like a pair of overalls.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:19 pm

of course you can...Seth took over Jane Robert's body to speak with her vocal chords...and when people have nde's at times they have seen low grade spirits take over the bodies of drunks ..maybe that's why alcohol is called 'spirits'.....people hypnotized to express their pre-birth in "Life before Life" by Wambach said -----------"I was in and out of the fetus until the moment of birth"-----------------"I was in and out of the fetus and hovering around it."------------"I seemed to be tending to the growth of the fetus both inside and out"--------------"It seemed I came and went with the fetus, checking to see if it's ok"--------------" I was outside the fetus and watched the difficulty of my birth (breech)...I didn't join it until later."--------------------"I didn't join the fetus until the last minute. I was too busy and happy elsewhere"-------------"Shortly before birth we entered the fetuses. (twins)...We were fighting about which body to pick, the blonde haired or the brown -haired fetus."-------------------"I wasn't attached to the fetus until I heard some voices ( guides helping her deciding when to incarnate) ...warn me that the birth would be premature and they urged me to "hurry up and get in there" at about seven months."-------------"I chose this century because all conditions seemed correct"--------------"I chose the last half of the century to be with my husband"--------" I chose this time to be with my mother who was my best friend in a previous life"--------------"I chose this time because it is a time of great social and political strife."

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:21 pm

Nobody's occupying gorgeous' body right now. Or ever.

Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk

Postby Austin Harper » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:33 pm

Gord wrote:Bodies aren't occupied; they're not meatsuits. You can't move into someone else's body or put it on like a pair of overalls.

Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:31 pm

gorgeous wrote:did you watch the video by Seth?
Jane Roberts was a late 1950s B-Grade science fiction writer. After Ron L Hubbard, another B-Grade science fiction writer, started Scientology for profit, Jane Roberts invented "Seth" A magical being that could take over her body. Jane made money releasing books of Seth's wisdom. Jane died of alcoholism

The Seth Books are funny because of all their geographical errors and predictions that never eventuated. Jane had no education and so the books contain all her errors.

Gorgeous is posting about his cult 40 years after his cult died out. Gorgeous is really old and a bit senile. That's why he keeps posting the same things.

He's Jane Roberts channeling Seth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J9CyIOlMys&t=64s

Phoenix76
Poster
Custom Title: Phoenix76

Postby Phoenix76 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:21 am

Bloody hell! I should know better than to try and stir our Gorgeous. Frankly, I've never heard of Seth other than in the Adam and Eve concept. This Seth that our mate Gorgeous talks about is unknown to me. Would love to see some genuine paper on this bloke so that I could understand Gorgeous' ramblings. Then again, I'll just have another beer and stop worrying.

xouper
True Skeptic

Postby xouper » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:06 am

Phoenix76 wrote:Bloody hell! I should know better than to try and stir our Gorgeous. Frankly, I've never heard of Seth other than in the Adam and Eve concept. This Seth that our mate Gorgeous talks about is unknown to me. Would love to see some genuine paper on this bloke so that I could understand Gorgeous' ramblings. Then again, I'll just have another beer and stop worrying.

Perhaps here's place to start:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seth_Material

I've read some of the Seth (Jane Roberts) books back when I was younger and curious about such things. And then lost interest. They were fascinating to read, at the time, but I didn't believe any of the spiritual stuff. But it helped me to better understand some of the writings of one of my favorite authors, Richard Bach.

Nowadays, another beer sounds much better than reading another Seth book.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:08 pm

Phoenix76 wrote: This Seth that our mate Gorgeous talks about is unknown to me. Would love to see some genuine paper on this bloke so that I could understand Gorgeous' ramblings.

There were lots of small "channelled spirit" cults floating around in the 60's and 70s and 80s. Indeed there were educated books examining these cults back then and also expose books by ex-cult members. All these cults were dying off or had died off when the internet became a thing. This allowed the cults to sell books and re birth themselves for the profit of new owners. (The original cult leaders died of old age)

The fun part is copyright. You and I could pretend we were channelling "Seth" today and put out books on our Seth wisdom. How could anyone challenge us? The other blokes chanelling "Seth" today would have to clearly state they invented the copyright "Seth", meaning it wasn't really an alien spirit. Indeed there are a few people pretending to channel Seth today and one of them puts out music "Seth has written."

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:34 pm

Why do they misspell "seeth"?

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:47 pm

xouper wrote:... Nowadays, another beer sounds much better than reading another Seth book.

Lots of things sound better than that ...
Surgery sans-anaesthetic.
Party political broadcasts.
Ingrowing toenails.
Syphilis.
Donald Trump.

You get the point.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:51 pm

another?

Return to “Origins”