Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Re: Imagine as if this was a dream

Postby Gord » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:16 am

Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:
mirror93 wrote:The thoughts that You are aware of right now are the only thoughts you can possibly have....

I know that I have thoughts of which I am unaware. I often seek them out to become aware of them. If they did not exist, I would not find them, but I do find them which means they existed before I was aware of them.

Of course Gord , the mental process goes on even when you are not there. They are not your thoughts exclusively it is just a pool of thought, better still consciousness.

No, when I leave the room, I take all my thoughts with me.

That maybe the case in your waking state but it does not apply to your state of deep sleep, in that state all is forgotten, including the bearded Gord!

It applies in all my state and provinces.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

placid
Regular Poster

Re: Placid is really this stupid?

Postby placid » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:42 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
placid wrote:What evidence do you have that you exist ?
Matthew Ellard wrote:The passport office.
placid wrote:So according to your logic. The evidence of your existence is found at the passport office. Is that the best evidence you can up with?
No Placid. There is also the Birth Deaths and Marriages registry, and many other forms of evidence. Do you want a list? :lol:

Placid gets confused again.
placid wrote:So you are informed by the passport office that you do exist, because it says so on your passport.
No you complete moron. I had to go to the passport office to collect my passport to let other people know who I am, when overseas. I already know I exist.

placid wrote:Except there is no you in that passport is there?
No you complete moron. I'm the bloke holding up my passport at immigration. You have never been overseas have you?

placid wrote:Which one is really you?
The small square booklet thing is the passport. The tall human, holding the passport is me.

How many bongs did you pull before making this post? :lol:

I've never smoked anything in my life. I've never felt the need to distort reality, I prefer reality exactly how it appears to be as it is...wanting it to be any different is a pointless pursuit. Just how can one escape from what is by wanting it to be what it isn't, how is that even possible?

You can't just say there is such a thing as you on top of you talking. That is supposition. It's a recording of you. The you that you think exists can only exist in a recorded image of you.
That's the only place you know yourself to exist. You only exist in a memory, there is no recording of you in the immediate moment, you cannot out run the speed of happening.

A recording is not your real self. The real self is before you know you are. You cannot find yourself in a recording, you exist before you know you exist. You are the unknown looker looking at your recorded image known. You are the image of the imageless.

And that's who you are, you are the one that cannot find yourself simply because you already are what you are looking for, what you are looking at is what's looking.

You cannot out run the speed of happening by trying to take a peek up your own skirt. It just doesn't work like that.

Stop smoking the bong, that smoke is distorting your vision. To see clarity, you first have to remove the smoke.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:26 am

placid wrote: ...I've never felt the need to distort reality ...

:pin:

Confidencia
Poster

Postby Confidencia » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:49 am

Gord wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:
mirror93 wrote:The thoughts that You are aware of right now are the only thoughts you can possibly have....

I know that I have thoughts of which I am unaware. I often seek them out to become aware of them. If they did not exist, I would not find them, but I do find them which means they existed before I was aware of them.

Of course Gord , the mental process goes on even when you are not there. They are not your thoughts exclusively it is just a pool of thought, better still consciousness.

No, when I leave the room, I take all my thoughts with me.

That maybe the case in your waking state but it does not apply to your state of deep sleep, in that state all is forgotten, including the bearded Gord!

It applies in all my state and provinces.

Your deep sleep is not a province.

mirror93
Poster

Postby mirror93 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:22 pm

placid wrote:And that's who you are, you are the one that cannot find yourself simply because you already are what you are looking for, what you are looking at is what's looking.

So I'm a key? I'm trying to find my keys right now, are they looking for me too?

placid
Regular Poster

Postby placid » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:38 pm

mirror93 wrote:
placid wrote:And that's who you are, you are the one that cannot find yourself simply because you already are what you are looking for, what you are looking at is what's looking.

So I'm a key? I'm trying to find my keys right now, are they looking for me too?

No you are not a key, you are the awareness of key, your own imagined creation.

The I am is not-a thing imagined. It is.

Not-a-thing is looking at the world of things. Things are appearances of the not-a-thing dreamer dreaming it is a thing.

The I am is awareness aka not-a-thing aware of the key.. but cannot know itself as the key, it can only know itself as the awareness of the key. Awareness is the experiencing, the key is the experience.

mirror93
Poster

Postby mirror93 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:17 pm

placid wrote:
mirror93 wrote:

No you are not a key, you are the awareness of key, your own imagined creation.

The I am is not-a thing imagined. It is.

Not-a-thing is looking at the world of things. Things are appearances of the not-a-thing dreamer dreaming it is a thing.

The I am is awareness aka not-a-thing aware of the key.. but cannot know itself as the key, it can only know itself as the awareness of the key. Awareness is the experiencing, the key is the experience.

I receive the reflected light in my eyes that forms an image in my retina which I perceive with my brain its shapes and forms to be of the key that will open the door.
awareness, definition: knowledge or perception of a situation or fact
So, I have knowledge or perception of a key, that is in front of me. I'm aware that this is a key.
It isn't an imagined creation, it is IN FRONT of me, I can imagine it to be an apple or a pea, it won't change the fact that it's my key, and it's in front of me.

I am ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶ aware ̶n̶e̶s̶s̶ of the key
I'm aware of the key that I see in front of me thanks to the reflected light that is external and outside of me.

xxxxxxxxxx.png

̶N̶o̶t̶-̶a̶-̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶s̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶a̶n̶c̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶-̶a̶-̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶r̶e̶a̶m̶e̶r̶ ̶d̶r̶e̶a̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶
̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶w̶a̶r̶e̶n̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶-̶a̶-̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶ ̶a̶w̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶k̶e̶y̶.̶.̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶k̶e̶y̶,̶ ̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶w̶a̶r̶e̶n̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶k̶e̶y̶.̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶r̶e̶n̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶r̶i̶e̶n̶c̶i̶n̶g̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶k̶e̶y̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶r̶i̶e̶n̶c̶e̶.̶

none of this makes sense. you don't even understand the concept of "appearances" or "apparently", you're just misusing it to fit with your religious bs. "not a thing" also doesn't mean jack {!#%@} .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:18 pm

placid wrote:You cannot out run the speed of happening by trying to take a peek up your own skirt. It just doesn't work like that.

You also can't sink a monkey in a blender if your wallet is on fire.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

Confidencia
Poster

Postby Confidencia » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:25 pm

Gord wrote:
placid wrote:You cannot out run the speed of happening by trying to take a peek up your own skirt. It just doesn't work like that.

Yes you can, your simply douse you wallet before you sink the monkey.

placid
Regular Poster

Postby placid » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:04 pm

mirror93 wrote:So, I have knowledge or perception of a key, that is in front of me. I'm aware that this is a key.
It isn't an imagined creation, it is IN FRONT of me,

There is no key separate from that which is aware of key.
There is no person being aware of a key in front of them, that is a misnomer.

The key is not in front of you. It is a projection of you..appearing as if separate from you.
The projector is with or without a key, but there can never be a key without the projector, because the key is simply a projection of the projector. It's a creation of itself as projected.

No person is aware. A person is a dreamt character in the dreamer AWARENESS which cannot know itself as the character in the dream, it can only know itself as the awareness of the character in the dream inseparable from the dreamer dreaming the character.

The I am is the unknown dreamer (awareness) dreaming it is a thing (the object known)... without an object to relate to I am nothing. I relate only to what I am, and I am all things and not-a-thing.

placid
Regular Poster

Postby placid » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:28 pm

mirror93 wrote:
none of this makes sense.

It's because you mistake the reflection in the mirror to be who you are.

You are not the reflection in the mirror...you are the mirror.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... cef9b2.jpg

placid
Regular Poster

Re: All people are utterly unaware

Postby placid » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:53 pm

mirror93 wrote: It's important to distinguish utterly unaware (fainting,sleep, dead) from utterly aware (awake and aware of the enviroment and what is happening),

And who would do that?

In a dream, how do you know what's one thing and what's another?

Nothing can separate from itself...any distinguishing is purely within the dream of separation...In the absolute sense there is no dividing line between seer and seen, knower and known, sleep and awake, night and day, consciousness and unconsciousness.

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Re: All people are utterly unaware

Postby Monster » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:20 pm

placid wrote: Nothing can separate from itself...any distinguishing is purely within the dream of separation...In the absolute sense there is no dividing line between seer and seen, knower and known, sleep and awake, night and day, consciousness and unconsciousness.

Do you speak to people that way at work, family reunions, parties, or the grocery store?
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:18 pm

placid wrote:You are not the reflection in the mirror...you are the mirror.

Nah, I'm the guy looking at the mirror. If I were the mirror, I would be looking at the guy looking at me. Which I'm not. Except on really hot days when I'm all sweaty and covered in a nice smooth sheen. Then I could be a mirror.
#ANDAMOVIE

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:18 pm

placid the budgerigar wrote:It's because you mistake the reflection in the mirror to be who you are.
Two-Budgerigars.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mirror93
Poster

Postby mirror93 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:53 am

placid wrote:
mirror93 wrote:So, I have knowledge or perception of a key, that is in front of me. I'm aware that this is a key.
It isn't an imagined creation, it is IN FRONT of me,

There is no key separate from that which is aware of key.
There is no person being aware of a key in front of them, that is a misnomer.

The key is not in front of you. It is a projection of you..appearing as if separate from you.
The projector is with or without a key, but there can never be a key without the projector, because the key is simply a projection of the projector. It's a creation of itself as projected.

No person is aware. A person is a dreamt character in the dreamer AWARENESS which cannot know itself as the character in the dream, it can only know itself as the awareness of the character in the dream inseparable from the dreamer dreaming the character.

The I am is the unknown dreamer (awareness) dreaming it is a thing (the object known)... without an object to relate to I am nothing. I relate only to what I am, and I am all things and not-a-thing.

define "separate" in this context? There is space and distance, you are misusing the word "separate"

"I gathered all these papers, but who separated them into files?" (correct usage of the concept "separate")
"You are not separate from the key." (incorrect use of the concept to give you a hippie feeling of "illusion" of separateness, but none of this BS makes sense. it's a key, empty space, distance and you.)

The key IS distant from me (I'm the one who is seeing my key)
I'm a person aware of my key in front of me.

The key is in front of me. It is not a projection of anything and it's not "appearing", it's there.

Show evidence of this "projector", please.

What is your evidence that a person is a "dreamt character"?

Your "dreamt character" analogy is neither 'aware' nor 'unaware', it's non existent.
But I'm here , if I'm not sleeping, then I'm conscious, I'm aware , I'm me.
You are there, if you're not sleeping, then you're conscious, you're aware , you are you.
I have my life, you have yours, and you can't debunk it. The evidence is in front of your face.

Your definition of aware/unaware is false. For you to know that a person is aware, you just have to see if the person is sleeping or awake. aware/unaware. Any other use of this concept will be wrong.

I'm aware right now, doesn't matter if I consider myself as a "person", I consider myself whatever I want to be. The light coming out of the computer screen (which is in front of me) allows me to see the words being typed by you, and then I'm conscious, aware and understanding that what you're talking is pure garbage.

The "i am" is the unknown flying spaguetti monster, dreaming it is an alien, but everything around him appears to be an illusion but he is one with everything and blah blah............. none of this makes sense, you have no evidence to back up any of this crap. you're just reading it somewhere, believing in it and regurgitating it because it makes you feel good about yourself and your life.

placid
Regular Poster

Postby placid » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:10 am

mirror93 wrote: you're just reading it somewhere, believing in it and regurgitating it because it makes you feel good about yourself and your life.

If what I say is not making any sense to you, it's because you believe in some other belief that makes sense to you, something that you have read somewhere or someone has told you about, something that you have believed simply because you had no knowledge of your own when you were born, and so you had to wait until you were old enough to be able to parrot and regurgitated back the sounds that were made by other people, sounds that were heard as words.......then what you did was filter out what was important to you, stuff that made sense to and then regurgitate that knowledge to yourself everyday because it makes you feel good about yourself and your life...because without your story what the hell are you?

Oh, I remember now, first I existed, but I didn't know I existed, but then my mother gave me a name so that I would know I exist..and then that was when I knew I existed because my name said I did ...even though I already existed, and didn't really need the artificial name-tag to prove it. But I guess if the label sticks, might as well wear it. Better to be a fake someone rather than no one at all. :roll:

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:27 am

Tiresome bollocks, if you ask me. Which you did, of course. When you posted, you were not the asker but you became the asker when I became the reader. Asker - reader - reader - asker. Let's call the whole thing off.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:22 am

placid the budgerigar wrote:If what I say is not making any sense to you, it's because you believe in some other belief that makes sense to you,

Nope. You previously said "We make our own realities" . Therefore there is no point in you continuing to tell us about your own reality, as we make up ours.............unless, of course, you don't believe your own bull-shit.
mirror.jpg

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: cognitively consonant

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:30 am

mirror93 wrote:

Yep, and they're extremely frustrated because they don't have eyes. Or legs. :mrgreen:
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:32 am

Gord wrote:

I've also heard you can't go swimming in a parakeet cage.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:34 am

placid wrote:you are the mirror

https://youtu.be/ZudHYTya-dQ

placid
Regular Poster

Postby placid » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:15 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
placid the budgerigar wrote:If what I say is not making any sense to you, it's because you believe in some other belief that makes sense to you,

Nope. You previously said "We make our own realities" . Therefore there is no point in you continuing to tell us about your own reality, as we make up ours.............unless, of course, you don't believe your own bull-shit.
mirror.jpg

The YOU is the belief.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:59 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:
mirror93 wrote:

Yep, and they're extremely frustrated because they don't have eyes. Or legs. :mrgreen:

If they don't have legs, how did mirrornumbers' keys manage to escape in the first place?
#ANDAMOVIE

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:12 pm

They didn't escape; he misplaced them. That's why I always put mine in the same place (on a shelf right inside the front door), lest they end up in the fridge due to my absent-mindedness. :senile:

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:10 pm

Disagree!

Everything I lose gets lost because it has legs. One time my watch got lost for a week until it came back to where it was supposed to be.
#ANDAMOVIE

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:02 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Gord wrote:

I've also heard you can't go swimming in a parakeet cage.

These are testable hypotheses.

The first one, I am not limber enough to look up my own skirt while running, but there may be people who are.

The second, I know where to get some monkeys, and I already have a blender, but I need wallets. Please send me your wallets.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:31 pm

I don't have a wallet anymore, I burnt mine.
#ANDAMOVIE

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:55 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:Nope. You previously said "We make our own realities" . Therefore there is no point in you continuing to tell us about your own reality, as we make up ours.............unless, of course, you don't believe your own bull-shit.
placid the budgerigar wrote:The YOU is the belief.
How do you know that? Were you lying when you said we make up our own realities? So how do you know what my reality is?

Are you always this confused?
:lol:

placid
Regular Poster

Postby placid » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:46 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:Nope. You previously said "We make our own realities" . Therefore there is no point in you continuing to tell us about your own reality, as we make up ours.............unless, of course, you don't believe your own bull-shit.
placid the budgerigar wrote:The YOU is the belief.
How do you know that? Were you lying when you said we make up our own realities? So how do you know what my reality is?

Are you always this confused?

The named 'I' doesn't know anything. And is why anything the named 'I' claims to know is made-belief, so yes, I'm a liar if I say I know your reality because quite simply how can I know yours, I don't even know mine except what I make-up.

For the I to know anything it would have to split itself in two....into the knower and the known.

Not happening!!

All knowing comes straight from the sources mouth...aka not-knowing.

But you don't have to believe anything I say. Just stick to your own story. All we're doing is comparing stories. It's a shell game. Phantoms have nothing else to do, and is why they can never find any purpose to life other than to hang around the Virtual World of make-belief.

Confidencia
Poster

Postby Confidencia » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:51 pm

Gord wrote:Disagree!

Everything I lose gets lost because it has legs. One time my watch got lost for a week until it came back to where it was supposed to be.

That's a memory lapse gord. Your whole world is nestled in your memory, even the idea of Gord!

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:03 pm

Confidencia wrote:That's a memory lapse Gord.

Is not.
#ANDAMOVIE

Confidencia
Poster

Postby Confidencia » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:07 pm

Gord wrote:

Is not.

Is

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:27 pm

placid wrote:The named 'I' doesn't know anything.
Your name is Placid and yes, you don't know anything. We normal people already knew that.

placid wrote:so yes, I'm a liar
Ah! So you do know something. :lol:

So lets sum up shall we?
1) Your religion states that every individual creates their own subjective reality,
2) You insist on telling other people about your subjective reality model as guidance
3) Therefore you are a hypocrite and don't believe your own religious bull-shit.
4) Therefore we all know you are a liar as you stated.

.... why do you and Shaka insist in trolling a skeptic forum? Why don't you two troll religious forums? :lol:

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:08 am

Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:

Is not.

Is

Not.
#ANDAMOVIE

Confidencia
Poster

Postby Confidencia » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:06 am

Gord wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:

Is not.

Is

Not.

Your whole world is dependent on your memory gord. Hence the reason why you don't remember anything in your deep sleep or when you are rendered unconsciousness.

placid
Regular Poster

Postby placid » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:39 am

One doesn't remember anything while conscious either, simply because no one is conscious.
One cannot know anything before one already knows, it is only as one recalls it from memory as knowledge on demand. Consciousness is this living dead.

placid
Regular Poster

Postby placid » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:53 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: Why don't you two troll religious forums?

The word 'religion' is an idea.

It's not a literal 'thing' existing apart from the idea.

From where ideas come from I have no idea.

Maturity is about exchanging and discussing ideas...whether it be on this forum or any other countless discussion forums on the internet.

placid
Regular Poster

Postby placid » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:58 am

placid wrote:One doesn't remember anything while conscious either, simply because no one is conscious.
One cannot know anything before one already knows, it is only as one recalls it from memory as knowledge on demand. Consciousness is this living dead.

Consciousness does not exist except as the concept informs.
Concepts are formless information...in form.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:28 pm

placid wrote:One doesn't remember anything while conscious either, simply because no one is conscious.

Then you won't remember that I'm calling you an idiot right now.
#ANDAMOVIE

Return to “Brain, Mind, & Consciousness”