Imagine as if this was a dream

What you think about how you think.
User avatar
placid
Regular Poster
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Imagine as if this was a dream

Postby placid » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:58 am

mirror93 wrote:
I like to post philosophical nonsense on internet, but when I'm serious, I'm serious, and your posts seems that you are talking serious and this is worrisome

define "everything", define "nothing"

without the proper definition, you cannot define yourself as 'everything', how can you be everything when you are a subject? an individual? what is it like to be everything? do you believe in god? omniscience? do you know everything that there is to know? If so, prove, with evidence.

And no one define themselves as a "thing", I'm not a "thing", my computer can be called a "thing", I'm a 'subject', not an 'object'. And for 'me' to be alive and a subject, conscious of my enviroment and of 'myself', requires an object (brain), which itself is a 'thing', and my brain is PART of we know as "everything", aka, the universe, how can my brain, which gives me consciousness can be "everything or nothing"? that's not even wrong, it's absurd.

and what do you mean by "brain braining"? that's utterly nonsense, you are trying to avoid the 'subject' who feel the pain and think his thoughts, but you make no sense.

and yes, it was R. S. Thomas who lived, and who died, and who wrote that line, not "life", "life" is a concept, it isn't any "thing"

ie, what placid is denying is what is experiencing now and is typing now.


No one to deny anything, there's just what's happening to no one.

Believe what you want about your imagined reality, it's your reality you make-up. Every one is making up theirs, you don't need to check in with another persons version of reality to validate your existence ...just know, that it's okay to be your own unique reality, your reality is your own business. It's the only reality that is true for you. Be yourself, the real fictional character. You are a dreamt character in the dream of separation dreamt by not-a thing.

As for defining not-a-thing, is can't be defined, it's already this everything...you can't find not-a-thing.
Language is the only thing alive. Language is the only place things exist. Stop playing with words and what is there here? ..there's just ''what is''

There's just here. That's all, that's it, this is it. Everything else is language. Consciousness or Awareness is just another word...just more language. All we seem to do is play around with our words until we die trying to get our language to arrive somewhere, but we already are here. How do we reverse engineer the experience of being here now non-linguistically? We can't reverse engineer ourselves in the middle of being ourselves.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8096
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Imagine as if this was a dream

Postby Poodle » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:08 am

It's so upsetting when the children fight.

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Imagine as if this was a dream

Postby mirror93 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:15 am

placid wrote:
mirror93 wrote:
I like to post philosophical nonsense on internet, but when I'm serious, I'm serious, and your posts seems that you are talking serious and this is worrisome

define "everything", define "nothing"

without the proper definition, you cannot define yourself as 'everything', how can you be everything when you are a subject? an individual? what is it like to be everything? do you believe in god? omniscience? do you know everything that there is to know? If so, prove, with evidence.

And no one define themselves as a "thing", I'm not a "thing", my computer can be called a "thing", I'm a 'subject', not an 'object'. And for 'me' to be alive and a subject, conscious of my enviroment and of 'myself', requires an object (brain), which itself is a 'thing', and my brain is PART of we know as "everything", aka, the universe, how can my brain, which gives me consciousness can be "everything or nothing"? that's not even wrong, it's absurd.

and what do you mean by "brain braining"? that's utterly nonsense, you are trying to avoid the 'subject' who feel the pain and think his thoughts, but you make no sense.

and yes, it was R. S. Thomas who lived, and who died, and who wrote that line, not "life", "life" is a concept, it isn't any "thing"

ie, what placid is denying is what is experiencing now and is typing now.


No one to deny anything, there's just what's happening to no one.

Believe what you want about your imagined reality, it's your reality you make-up. Every one is making up theirs, you don't need to check in with another persons version of reality to validate your existence ...just know, that it's okay to be your own unique reality, your reality is your own business. It's the only reality that is true for you. Be yourself, the real fictional character. You are a dreamt character in the dream of separation dreamt by not-a thing.

As for defining not-a-thing, is can't be defined, it's already this everything...you can't find not-a-thing.
Language is the only thing alive. Language is the only place things exist. Stop playing with words and what is there here? ..there's just ''what is''

There's just here. That's all, that's it, this is it. Everything else is language. Consciousness or Awareness is just another word...just more language. All we seem to do is play around with our words until we die trying to get our language to arrive somewhere, but we already are here. How do we reverse engineer the experience of being here now non-linguistically? We can't reverse engineer ourselves in the middle of being ourselves.


I am denying **your** BS, placid.

All the rest doesn't follow, since you don't make sense.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29080
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Imagine as if this was a dream

Postby Gord » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:38 pm

Poodle wrote:It's so upsetting when the children fight.

Maybe they'll eat each other. :(
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29080
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Imagine as if this was a dream

Postby Gord » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:39 pm

Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:
mirror93 wrote:The thoughts that You are aware of right now are the only thoughts you can possibly have....

I know that I have thoughts of which I am unaware. I often seek them out to become aware of them. If they did not exist, I would not find them, but I do find them which means they existed before I was aware of them.

Of course Gord , the mental process goes on even when you are not there. They are not your thoughts exclusively it is just a pool of thought, better still consciousness.

No, when I leave the room, I take all my thoughts with me.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26342
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Imagine as if this was a dream

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:36 pm

placid wrote: Believe what you want about your imagined reality, it's your reality you make-up. .

Placid, you complete idiot. You obviously don't believe in your own bull-shit.

If all our individual realities are made up, why are you posting here to get attention, from your reality.

You specifically post here knowing we can see your posts.

Why are you so stupid?
:lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26342
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Imagine as if this was a dream

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:57 pm

mirror93 wrote: I am denying **your** BS, placid.
You got in seconds. Placid says we make our own individual realities........in a post, from his reality, he expects us to read.

You missed Placid's earlier post when he said Hitler's execution of six million Jews "was an act of love". :D

Placid is permanently confused and this is the only forum that pays him attention. For him, it is more about loneliness.

User avatar
Dimebag
Regular Poster
Posts: 699
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:05 pm

Re: Imagine as if this was a dream

Postby Dimebag » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:11 am

These are my thoughts on the topic. Our experiences are our brains "best guess" of something which exists external to us, which directly affects our senses proportionally. However, our brains perceptual regions, continually generate this best guess, with incomplete or not current data, and occasionally there can be a difference between what we experience, and what enters our senses directly from the external world ("reality"). This is a small price to pay for us, as for us what is important is getting things right really quickly most of the time.

Information from our senses continually updates and corrects our internal models of the external (and our own internal) world, so what we observe is a mixture of prediction and correction from comparisons with reality. What is clear is it is real for us in the moment it is experienced, in some sense each person has their own, indirect, predicted model of reality, and at any one time we could be right or wrong about its accuracy.

No person can ever achieve a "gods eye view", of what is truly real, due to the biology of the brain, we will always have certain errors which are possible. This doesn't mean there is nothing which is external to us, which is affecting us. Quite the opposite. If there were nothing external to us affecting us, a "true reality", then no two people could ever agree on any one thing.

User avatar
placid
Regular Poster
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Imagine as if this was a dream

Postby placid » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:56 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:Placid is permanently confused and this is the only forum that pays him attention. For him, it is more about loneliness.


Image

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26342
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Why Dualism never got anywhere

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:06 am

mirror.jpg


Soooooo.... one more time. If we all make our own realities, as you say, then why are you bothering to tell us from your reality?

You obviously don't believe your own religious bull-shit.
:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Matthew Ellard on Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
placid
Regular Poster
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Imagine as if this was a dream

Postby placid » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:14 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
You missed Placid's earlier post when he said Hitler's execution of six million Jews "was an act of love".


Doubt anyone's missed it the amount of times you've regurgitated it.

I think you need to learn to live in the unconditional moment. Or maybe the unconditioned moment which is this all allowing love to do what ever you desire to do, better known as the gift of free will is much too boring for you, that you have to continually entertain yourself shagging dead corpses, hey, the past is over, it's gone, let it have it's freedom now...please!!

I get it, I said something that obviously pushed a nerve button in you, I get it, now move on please, else what are you going to do? let it fester in you forever? or, are you going to kill me because I said something that has jangled your nerves for ever? and you cannot tolerate that, be careful, mind your nerves don't end up having a total seizure and killing you first. My god, I said something you didn't like, I'm so scared now, oh my God...what are people going to think of me now. Like I give a flying {!#%@}.

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Why Dualism never got anywhere

Postby mirror93 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:16 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:mirror.jpg

Soooooo.... one more time. If we all make our own realities, as you say, then why are you bothering to tell us from your reality?

You obviously don't believe your own religious bull-shit.
:D


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26342
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Imagine as if this was a dream

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:20 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:You missed Placid's earlier post when he said Hitler's execution of six million Jews "was an act of love".
placid wrote:Doubt anyone's missed it the amount of times you've regurgitated it.
Placid? Why are you concerned with our realities? I thought you had your own reality. Didn't you just forget your own crap philosophy again? :lol:


placid wrote:I get it, I said something that obviously pushed a nerve button in you,
No Placid, you contradicted your own claim on a Skeptic forum, that identifies contradictions, because you are a bit stupid. :lol:

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Imagine as if this was a dream

Postby mirror93 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:22 am

ISN'T PLACID NON DUALIST?

User avatar
placid
Regular Poster
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Why Dualism never got anywhere

Postby placid » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:24 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:mirror.jpg

Soooooo.... one more time. If we all make our own realities, as you say, then why are you bothering to tell us from your reality?

You obviously don't believe your own religious bull-shit.
:D


The same reason you are bothering to tell us from your reality. We like the smell of our own BS don't we?

..who told you about the word religious? or did you just make the word up? it's not my fault you still believe in fictional fairy stories.


Stop looking in the mirror if you don't like what you see. The mirror of life will always show you what you don't know you are doing.

Try it and see, pull funny faces at the mirror and watch it show you what only you are doing, no one else, just you.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing the other side of the mirror, it's all your own reflection looking back at you.

User avatar
placid
Regular Poster
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Imagine as if this was a dream

Postby placid » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:29 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: No Placid, you contradicted your own claim on a Skeptic forum, that identifies contradictions, because you are a bit stupid.

Oh yeah, I forgot, the 'skeptic forum' is the thought police. Here, you are only allowed to think thoughts that are accepted by the thought police, who ever that is...

It's kind of funny, because I too am a sceptic and is why I'm here like every one else. But only placid is the stupid one, oh well I'm honored to wear the badge, it's okay, I'll take one for the team, I'm a big girl, I can take it.

User avatar
placid
Regular Poster
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Imagine as if this was a dream

Postby placid » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:31 am

mirror93 wrote:ISN'T PLACID NON DUALIST?


Yes, and it seems to be a problem for Matthew Ellard.

User avatar
placid
Regular Poster
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Why Dualism never got anywhere

Postby placid » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:34 am

mirror93 wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


It's the best medicine.

Try a taste of Tony Parsons, he'll really crack you up.

User avatar
placid
Regular Poster
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Imagine as if this was a dream

Postby placid » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:35 am

Back later, with some more BS, that I don't believe in....have a fun day, if you dare.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26342
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Why Dualism never got anywhere

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:35 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: If we all make our own realities, as you say, then why are you bothering to tell us from your reality? You obviously don't believe your own religious bull-shit. :D
placid wrote:The same reason you are bothering to tell us from your reality.
No Placid. The members of this forum share their reality. That's why we are posting to each other in our shared reality.

It is you who says we all have our own realities. So why are you posting from "your reality" to us, unless you don't believe a word of your own religious bull-shit?
:lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26342
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Imagine as if this was a dream

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:38 am

mirror93 wrote:ISN'T PLACID NON DUALIST?

Who knows? He keeps contradicting himself. We have two of these idiots here, Placid and Confidencia. :D

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26342
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Imagine as if this was a dream

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:45 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: No Placid, you contradicted your own claim on a Skeptic forum, that identifies contradictions, because you are a bit stupid.
placid wrote:Oh yeah, I forgot, the 'skeptic forum' is the thought police. Here, you are only allowed to think thoughts that are accepted by the thought police, who ever that is...
No Placid. By definition, people make claims to skeptics on this Skeptic's forum and then bring evidence for their claims.

You simply spam your nonsensical religious crap on our forum and continuously contradict yourself.

For example we debunked your earlier claim "Hitler's execution of six million Jews was an act of love"

Try the David Icke forum. It's you all over.
:D
https://forum.davidicke.com/

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29080
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Why Dualism never got anywhere

Postby Gord » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:17 am

placid wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:mirror.jpg

Soooooo.... one more time. If we all make our own realities, as you say, then why are you bothering to tell us from your reality?

You obviously don't believe your own religious bull-shit.
:D

The same reason you are bothering to tell us from your reality.

People post things here because they don't believe the nonsense you are saying. Is that really the same reason you post here? Because you don't believe your own nonsense either?

Well wtf, dude? Why are you even posting it then?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
placid
Regular Poster
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Why Dualism never got anywhere

Postby placid » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:24 am

Gord wrote:
Well wtf, dude? Why are you even posting it then?


Because that's just what is happening.

And sometimes, we just hate it when we don't get what we want.

Aww, I want what I want, and i hate it when I don't get what I want...well tough tits...you big cry baby.

User avatar
placid
Regular Poster
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Imagine as if this was a dream

Postby placid » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:35 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:No Placid. By definition, people make claims to skeptics on this Skeptic's forum and then bring evidence for their claims.


What evidence do you have that you exist ?
Who is making the claim they exist?

Show me the evidence. I DEMAND TO SEE THE EVIDENCE!!!

Show me where you are exactly, then and only then after you have shown me the evidence of your existence, the one you believe to exist will I believe anything you say.

Where is Matthew Ellard exactly? ....until you provide the evidence, you have no right to claim anything that comes out of your cakehole as being of authority as to how things actually are.

Last time I looked, I didn't see any thing in charge of the universe. :shock:
Last edited by placid on Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29080
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Why Dualism never got anywhere

Postby Gord » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:36 am

placid wrote:
Gord wrote:People post things here because they don't believe the nonsense you are saying. Is that really the same reason you post here? Because you don't believe your own nonsense either?

Well wtf, dude? Why are you even posting it then?

Because that's just what is happening.

So then, your posts are ... what? Lies? Spam? How would you describe what you're trying to accomplish by posting things you don't believe?

And sometimes, we just hate it when we don't get what we want.

Aww, I want what I want, and i hate it when I don't get what I want...well tough tits...you big cry baby.

See, I don't follow this at all. Are you saying you're posting nonsense because you can't get your way? In what way are you not getting your way?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
placid
Regular Poster
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Why Dualism never got anywhere

Postby placid » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:41 am

Gord wrote: In what way are you not getting your way?


Who you talking to?

An idea in your head ?

Ideas in your head come and go, you don't.

Any fool can believe voices in the head, but who actually is head is another story?

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29080
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Why Dualism never got anywhere

Postby Gord » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:01 am

placid wrote:
Gord wrote:In what way are you not getting your way?

Who you talking to?

You. I'm responding directly to what you've posted.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26342
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Why Dualism never got anywhere

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:02 am

Gord wrote:Well wtf, dude? Why are you even posting it then?
placid wrote:Because that's just what is happening.


Fascinating. So you are so stupid, you post here after stating your posts are not real and we should ignore them as they are not part of our own reality, which you said we create ourselves?

Have you thought for a microsecond.....that you have just told us you are a complete idiot?


What is wrong with your own religious forums? Do other non dualists also call you an idiot? Well bad luck, you share their idiocy, so go troll forums of your own ilk. Stay away from science based forums, simply to get attention.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26342
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Imagine as if this was a dream

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:06 am

placid wrote: What evidence do you have that you exist ?

The Canadian passport office.
placid wrote: Show me the evidence. I DEMAND TO SEE THE EVIDENCE!!!

Everyone else on the forum has just worked out that Placid has never been overseas and doesn't know anything.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8096
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Imagine as if this was a dream

Postby Poodle » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:19 am

Placid nearly went to Norway once. Perhaps that non-experience was definitive.

User avatar
placid
Regular Poster
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Imagine as if this was a dream

Postby placid » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:05 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:The Canadian passport office.


So according to your logic. The evidence of your existence is found at the passport office. Is that the best evidence you can up with?

So you are informed by the passport office that you do exist, because it says so on your passport.

Except there is no you in that passport is there? you're not in the name, nor are you in the photo, are you?

How can you be in the passport office and at your place of residence, or even inside your body all at the same time?...are there multiple versions of you?

Which one is really you?

Do you even know? or do you just make-up you?

I think you've made yourself up haven't you? don't be ashamed, we're all playing that little game of make-belief.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Imagine as if this was a dream

Postby Confidencia » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:02 pm

Gord wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:
mirror93 wrote:The thoughts that You are aware of right now are the only thoughts you can possibly have....

I know that I have thoughts of which I am unaware. I often seek them out to become aware of them. If they did not exist, I would not find them, but I do find them which means they existed before I was aware of them.

Of course Gord , the mental process goes on even when you are not there. They are not your thoughts exclusively it is just a pool of thought, better still consciousness.

No, when I leave the room, I take all my thoughts with me.


That maybe the case in your waking state but it does not apply to your state of deep sleep, in that state all is forgotten, including the bearded Gord!

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Imagine as if this was a dream

Postby Confidencia » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:49 pm

placid wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:No Placid. By definition, people make claims to skeptics on this Skeptic's forum and then bring evidence for their claims.


What evidence do you have that you exist ?
Who is making the claim they exist?

Show me the evidence. I DEMAND TO SEE THE EVIDENCE!!!



Where is Matthew Ellard exactly? ....


Ahh!! That's easy normally he is usually up his own arsehole wallowing in his own excrement. Or in his sock repeating the mantra evidence proof! Evidence proof!! :lol:

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8096
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Imagine as if this was a dream

Postby Poodle » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:54 pm

Assuming. as you claim, that Matthew isn't real, that would be implausible. Are you going to waste any more time throwing out juvenile insults, or are you going to say something almost sensible?

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Imagine as if this was a dream

Postby mirror93 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:09 am

he wouldn't be wasting time with an "unreal" self

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26342
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Placid is really this stupid?

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:15 am

placid wrote:What evidence do you have that you exist ?
Matthew Ellard wrote:The passport office.
placid wrote:So according to your logic. The evidence of your existence is found at the passport office. Is that the best evidence you can up with?
No Placid. There is also the Birth Deaths and Marriages registry, and many other forms of evidence. Do you want a list? :lol:


Placid gets confused again.
placid wrote:So you are informed by the passport office that you do exist, because it says so on your passport.
No you complete moron. I had to go to the passport office to collect my passport to let other people know who I am, when overseas. I already know I exist.

placid wrote:Except there is no you in that passport is there?
No you complete moron. I'm the bloke holding up my passport at immigration. You have never been overseas have you?

placid wrote:Which one is really you?
The small square booklet thing is the passport. The tall human, holding the passport is me.

How many bongs did you pull before making this post? :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26342
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

The confusion of Confidencia

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:19 am

Confidencia the stoned hippy wrote: Ahh!! That's easy normally he is usually up his own arsehole wallowing in his own excrement. Or in his sock repeating the mantra evidence proof! Evidence proof!!


When will you be posting a English language translation for this post? :lol:

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Imagine as if this was a dream

Postby mirror93 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:20 am

placid wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:The Canadian passport office.


So according to your logic. The evidence of your existence is found at the passport office. Is that the best evidence you can up with?

So you are informed by the passport office that you do exist, because it says so on your passport.

Except there is no you in that passport is there? you're not in the name, nor are you in the photo, are you?

How can you be in the passport office and at your place of residence, or even inside your body all at the same time?...are there multiple versions of you?

Which one is really you?

Do you even know? or do you just make-up you?

I think you've made yourself up haven't you? don't be ashamed, we're all playing that little game of make-belief.


Is this a joke?

He is not in the passport, the passport is a record of his existence.
The photo is a record of a past that existed and HE was there. He isn't in the picture, you wacko
The name is used for identification, when you want to call him, you use his name.

He is inside his body. all the time. You're just making {!#%@} up that doesn't make any sense.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26342
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Imagine as if this was a dream

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:49 am

mirror93 wrote: Is this a joke? He is not in the passport, the passport is a record of his existence.
Placid in permanently confused. He asked for evidence I existed and then forgot what he asked for.

Placid and Confidencia have the concentration spans of budgerigars.
:lol:
Two-Budgerigars.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Return to “Brain, Mind, & Consciousness”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest