Imagine as if this was a dream

What you think about how you think.
mirror93
Poster

Re: Imagine as if this was a dream

Postby mirror93 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:20 pm

placid wrote:One doesn't remember anything while conscious either, simply because no one is conscious.
One cannot know anything before one already knows, it is only as one recalls it from memory as knowledge on demand. Consciousness is this living dead.

Being conscious definition:

1. aware of one's own existence, sensations, thoughts, surroundings, etc.

2. fully aware of or sensitive to something (often followed by of):
conscious of one's own faults; "He wasn't conscious of the gossip about his past."

3. having the mental faculties fully active:
"He was conscious during the operation."

4. known to oneself; felt:
conscious guilt.

5. aware of what one is doing:
a conscious liar. (placid in this case)

6. aware of oneself; self-conscious.

7. deliberate; intentional:
a conscious insult; a conscious effort.

(if a person have any of these attributes, then he/she is conscious).

BS like "self-aware universe" "self-aware dream" "it's not you who is aware, it's god" "brahman alone" "self alone" and any other hippy dippy definition of what 'being conscious' means, is nonsense, therefore discarded and ignored as BS.

placid
Regular Poster

Postby placid » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:27 pm

mirror93 wrote:
placid wrote:One doesn't remember anything while conscious either, simply because no one is conscious.
One cannot know anything before one already knows, it is only as one recalls it from memory as knowledge on demand. Consciousness is this living dead.

conscious of one's own faults; "He wasn't conscious of the gossip about his past."

conscious guilt.

BS like "self-aware universe" "self-aware dream" "it's not you who is aware, it's god" "brahman alone" "self alone" and any other hippy dippy definition of what 'being conscious' means, is nonsense, therefore discarded and ignored as BS.

Congrats on defining ''personal awareness'' conceptually.

Now try defining ''impersonal awareness'' non-conceptually.

Ever notice how "personal me" never recognises "impersonal awareness"

We all have awareness. If there's only ALL, then no one is aware. There is only awareness aware of itself.

I AM the absence of myself.

In other words, distinguishing "rope from snake", is usually dependent on how dim or bright the light of awareness is in the moment.

And, however labeled . . . "rope", "snake" or "me", mind never recognises impersonal awareness because impersonal awareness is formless and silent.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:45 pm

On BS and humbug...

...the orator does not really care what his audience thinks about...It is clear that what makes [the]...oration humbug is not fundamentally that the speaker regards his statements as false. Rather...the orator intends these statements to convey a certain impression of himself.
Hi, Io the lurker.

mirror93
Poster

Postby mirror93 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:49 pm

placid wrote:
mirror93 wrote:

conscious guilt.

Congrats on defining ''personal awareness'' conceptually.

Now try defining ''impersonal awareness'' non-conceptually.

Ever notice how "personal me" never recognises "impersonal awareness"

We all have awareness. If there's only ALL, then no one is aware. There is only awareness aware of itself.

I AM the absence of myself.

In other words, distinguishing "rope from snake", is usually dependent on how dim or bright the light of awareness is in the moment.

And, however labeled . . . "rope", "snake" or "me", mind never recognises impersonal awareness because impersonal awareness is formless and silent.

placid is the absense of himself?
impersonal awareness?

:confused:

placid
Regular Poster

Postby placid » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:29 am

mirror93 wrote:
impersonal awareness?

Self aka pure awareness exists whether there is the story of 'me' there or not.

You are fundamentally the awareness of your story. . aka thoughts.

Although the I in you is the same I in me...our stories / thoughts arising in our I are not the same.

Stories come and go. Awareness does not come and go, there is nowhere for it to go, it's only ever here now. All thoughts arise here and dissolve here. If there was no awareness present always, there would be no thought of you.

You are the awareness of thought, not the thought, the thought is a transient dream within you the eternal dreamer.

You can enter the beautiful world of eternal presence anytime to like, but you have to leave the little monkey mind outside, else you miss the natural splendor and beauty that is your real true self.

The elephant in the living room is not always obvious to some people.

mirror93
Poster

Postby mirror93 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:16 am

placid wrote:
mirror93 wrote:
impersonal awareness?

Self aka pure awareness exists whether there is the story of 'me' there or not.

You are fundamentally the awareness of your story. . aka thoughts.

Although the I in you is the same I in me...our stories / thoughts arising in our I are not the same.

Stories come and go. Awareness does not come and go, there is nowhere for it to go, it's only ever here now. All thoughts arise here and dissolve here. If there was no awareness present always, there would be no thought of you.

You are the awareness of thought, not the thought, the thought is a transient dream within you the eternal dreamer.

You can enter the beautiful world of eternal presence anytime to like, but you have to leave the little monkey mind outside, else you miss the natural splendor and beauty that is your real true self.

The elephant in the living room is not always obvious to some people.

and yet, this whole 'awareness' thing happens. guess what? in the brain
http://www.kurzweilai.net/where-is-self ... -the-brain

this whole "eternal dreamer" "no-me" etc, are all ideas about this cult called 'neo-advaita', which we are not interested, this is a skeptic forum, not a religious forum. You provide evidence or go away

the 'eternal dreamer' is a figment in your imagination, a belief.
you are a person, you have a brain, use it.

placid
Regular Poster

Postby placid » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:52 am

mirror93 wrote:
placid wrote:
mirror93 wrote:

Okay, label no thing what ever you want, it's your prerogative. You may also believe what you want as well.

But don't deny others their beliefs just because they do not align with yours.

I don't believe I have a brain, but I do believe the brain has me.

If only I could use my brain the one you said I've got...what would I do with that sort of power, hmm,

I would never have known I had a brain if you hadn't have told me, because I cannot see my brain, and I certainly cannot see myself inside the brain even if I could see the brain.

Come on brain work...make me into a God please brain...please work for me!

I love the way skeptics seem to think they've got reality all figured out even though every single one of them have never been alive before.

Strange that, I guess that's what brains must do all day long, they try to figure out how they got here, and from where they came from and why they are here... since nothing else seems to happening...so better make something up...

mirror93
Poster

Postby mirror93 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:13 pm

placid wrote:
mirror93 wrote:
placid wrote:
mirror93 wrote:

Okay, label no thing what ever you want, it's your prerogative. You may also believe what you want as well.

But don't deny others their beliefs just because they do not align with yours.

I don't believe I have a brain, but I do believe the brain has me.

If only I could use my brain the one you said I've got...what would I do with that sort of power, hmm,

I would never have known I had a brain if you hadn't have told me, because I cannot see my brain, and I certainly cannot see myself inside the brain even if I could see the brain.

Come on brain work...make me into a God please brain...please work for me!

I love the way skeptics seem to think they've got reality all figured out even though every single one of them have never been alive before.

Strange that, I guess that's what brains must do all day long, they try to figure out how they got here, and from where they came from and why they are here... since nothing else seems to happening...so better make something up...

no matter what you believe, you still have a brain and you're using it right now, to form and reason your ideas, this is not something to debate, it is evident

how the brains came into existence is another issue.

now are you going to deny that your mother exists and gave birth to you?

I never seen a person appear out of the blue, without having a birth certificate and a mother to give birth to him.

you born and will die, like everyone else and you do have a brain, no one is a special snowflake and idealism is utter bs.

But I see the pointless in this talk, you're never gonna assume that you're wrong. That's why religion exists.

placid
Regular Poster

Postby placid » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:39 pm

mirror93 wrote:
no matter what you believe, you still have a brain and you're using it right now, to form and reason your ideas, this is not something to debate, it is evident

birth and death is an idea

it's not your birth or death - a life doesn't belong to anybody, if it did, you wouldn't choose this

nothing chooses this, this is happening spontaneously

no one can outrun the speed of happening to say I own this

life can never die because it was never born

ideas are born and die

There has to be an awareness of every idea that comes and goes, an awareness that has to be continuously here to know every idea as it arises.. many ideas arise and fall ...the knower of every idea is permanent

that's who you are, you are the changeless unborn undying timeless awareness of all changing ideas

religion is an idea
a person is an idea
etc etc

a baby in the womb is not religious, nor is it a person, these are ideas superimposed upon what is already life living itself without beginning nor end

mirror93
Poster

Postby mirror93 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:56 pm

placid wrote:
mirror93 wrote:

birth and death is an idea

it's not your birth or death - a life doesn't belong to anybody, if it did, you wouldn't choose this

nothing chooses this, this is happening spontaneously

no one can outrun the speed of happening to say I own this

life can never die because it was never born

ideas are born and die

There has to be an awareness of every idea that comes and goes, an awareness that has to be continuously here to know every idea as it arises.. many ideas arise and fall ...the knower of every idea is permanent

that's who you are, you are the changeless unborn undying timeless awareness of all changing ideas

religion is an idea
a person is an idea
etc etc

a baby in the womb is not religious, nor is it a person, these are ideas superimposed upon what is already life living itself without beginning nor end

your post is religious bs
neo-advaita is religious bs
enlightenment is religious bs
christ consciousness is religious bs

birth is certainly not an idea, it was a fact that gave you existence, deal with it.
death is what will happen to you, and to everyone else that once born, deal with it.

awareness comes out of an individual who possess brain, awareness = brain.
so any post about it is meaningless. no matter how much Rupert Spira you watch, it won't change the fact that it's religious and bs. :)

Life definition, the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism.

a concept can't live.

it's like saying "death deathing itself"
nonsense

you have a life. and you will die someday, that's a fact you'd love to avoid. but you can't.

placid
Regular Poster

Postby placid » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:59 pm

mirror93 wrote:
awareness comes out of an individual who possess brain, awareness = brain.

you have a life. and you will die someday, that's a fact you'd love to avoid. but you can't.

Don't get me wrong, I want to understand this from your point of view as well ..I want to know what makes you believe what you believe and why you hold onto that belief so strongly that no other idea is viable to you.

But this you that has a life is a conscious thought of the brain, it's not real is it.
How can a brain which is just a piece of organic matter know it exists as a separate individual.

The brain is real enough, the world of organic matter is real, it exists, it goes through cycles or birth and death, of decay and renewal...but it's not a separate entity, it's totality..

If a conscious thought manufactured in the brain is a real person then where is that thought?

and what about the brain itself..how did a brain make itself from scratch...do brains just start out as nothing ?...what brained a brain into existence? and did that what ever brained the brain into existence have a brain/mind to do so?

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: cognitively consonant

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:54 am

I'll bet you're the life of the party.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:58 am

placid wrote:The elephant in the living room is not always obvious to some people.
It'll be obvious to everyone if you don't keep on top of the poo clean-up. At least, the elephant itself may not be obvious, but everyone will be able to infer the existence of the elephant from the large piles of elephant poo in your living room.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:04 am

placid wrote:I don't believe I have a brain
Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
:strawman:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:33 am

placid wrote: Don't get me wrong,
You previously said that we all create our own realities. Therefore what you say doesn't actually matter does it?

You really don't believe in your own spammed religious crap do you?
:lol:

Return to “Brain, Mind, & Consciousness”