The Totality

What you think about how you think.
Relinquish85
Poster
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:35 pm

Re: The Totality

Postby Relinquish85 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:36 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Relinquish85 wrote: Ever heard of 'pilot wave theory'?
https://www.wired.com/2014/06/the-new-quantum-reality/

Yes, and it has nothing to do with radioactive "half life" decay, which details that decay is totally random.


The idea that there are no hidden deterministic variables in radioactive half life decay simply because we can't see them is one HELL of an assumption, and it is completely contrary to common sense.

I think the jury is still WAY out on that one, Matt.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26763
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: The Totality

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:31 am

Relinquish85 wrote:The idea that there are no hidden deterministic variables in radioactive half life decay simply because we can't see them is one HELL of an assumption, and it is completely contrary to common sense.
Firstly, it has nothing to do with seeing anything. It is the empirical evidence, since 1904, that half life is random and decay cannot be predicted on isolated atoms.
Relinquish85 wrote: I think the jury is still WAY out on that one, Matt.
That would be 100% wrong. Have you found someone who can predict when a isolated uranium particle is going to decay into lead? :D

Recap
Let us review your overall claim sequentially and systematically.

1) You claim quantum mechanics is not true, and thus quantum events are actually predicable. However you have no evidence and no one in history has ever done this.

"Radioactive decay is a stochastic (i.e. random) process at the level of single atoms, in that, according to quantum theory, it is impossible to predict when a particular atom will decay. The chance that a given atom will decay never changes, that is, it does not matter how long the atom has existed."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioactive_decay

2) Predicated on that earlier incorrect claim, you then claim the universe is absolutely predetermined from its first nano second and that a Matthew Ellard and planet Jupiter will always a billion years ago, rise in exactly the same way. However the two branes that intersected and kicked off the universe, had no such information in them.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brane_cosmology

3) Based on those two false claims, you then claim there is a magical relationship between "Matthew Ellard" and "The planet Jupiter" because somehow they had to be part of same predetermined universe, Yet, Jupiter formed 4.5 billion years before I did and you are unable to show any connection or exchange of information between the two objects. In essence you are claiming the first photon 14 billion years ago, has some how forced me to want to have a second cup of coffee this morning. That is clearly nonsense and you cannot show any connection.


4) You went off on a weird tangent claiming the two sets of
a) The planet Jupiter
b) all things that are not the planet Jupiter
had some deep and meaningful connection. I assume you have dropped this "Ying and Yang" route.

I suggest you first prove to me that quantum mechanics does not exist by showing me evidence that someone can predict half life in an isolated uranium atom. When you do that we can move onto point two.

Relinquish85
Poster
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:35 pm

Re: The Totality

Postby Relinquish85 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:50 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Relinquish85 wrote:The idea that there are no hidden deterministic variables in radioactive half life decay simply because we can't see them is one HELL of an assumption, and it is completely contrary to common sense.
Firstly, it has nothing to do with seeing anything. It is the empirical evidence, since 1904, that half life is random and decay cannot be predicted on isolated atoms.
Relinquish85 wrote: I think the jury is still WAY out on that one, Matt.
That would be 100% wrong. Have you found someone who can predict when a isolated uranium particle is going to decay into lead? :D

Recap
Let us review your overall claim sequentially and systematically.

1) You claim quantum mechanics is not true, and thus quantum events are actually predicable. However you have no evidence and no one in history has ever done this.

"Radioactive decay is a stochastic (i.e. random) process at the level of single atoms, in that, according to quantum theory, it is impossible to predict when a particular atom will decay. The chance that a given atom will decay never changes, that is, it does not matter how long the atom has existed."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioactive_decay

2) Predicated on that earlier incorrect claim, you then claim the universe is absolutely predetermined from its first nano second and that a Matthew Ellard and planet Jupiter will always a billion years ago, rise in exactly the same way. However the two branes that intersected and kicked off the universe, had no such information in them.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brane_cosmology

3) Based on those two false claims, you then claim there is a magical relationship between "Matthew Ellard" and "The planet Jupiter" because somehow they had to be part of same predetermined universe, Yet, Jupiter formed 4.5 billion years before I did and you are unable to show any connection or exchange of information between the two objects. In essence you are claiming the first photon 14 billion years ago, has some how forced me to want to have a second cup of coffee this morning. That is clearly nonsense and you cannot show any connection.


4) You went off on a weird tangent claiming the two sets of
a) The planet Jupiter
b) all things that are not the planet Jupiter
had some deep and meaningful connection. I assume you have dropped this "Ying and Yang" route.

I suggest you first prove to me that quantum mechanics does not exist by showing me evidence that someone can predict half life in an isolated uranium atom. When you do that we can move onto point two.


Just because decay cannot be predicted on isolated atoms doesn't mean that it is actually completely random or indeterministic. It just means that the variables that are needed to predict it are HIDDEN.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26763
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: The Totality

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:00 am

Relinquish85 wrote:Just because decay cannot be predicted on isolated atoms doesn't mean that it is actually completely random or indeterministic. It just means that the variables that are needed to predict it are HIDDEN.


....and what evidence do you have for this, considering the last 100 years of empirical evidence gathering confirms it is random? Wishful thinking? :D

What is your rebuttal evidence?

I could simply claim that Bertrand Russell's teapot was hiding in every atom in the universe, telling it what to do. However that would be really silly and pointless as there is no evidence for that. :D

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11033
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: The Totality

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:17 am

Ahem: you can't disprove that something that we have no evidence for and cannot prove either way, call it "X Factor" does not exist. Works for any X you wish to name that fulfills the description.

Cue the atheist joke. (A private reference to make Smart Matt smile. The only joy he will get from this thread.)
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: The Totality

Postby Angel » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:35 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Angel wrote:You are trolling my posts. You don't like the way I speak In parables Go troll a person who speaks another language and see how far that gets you.
Stop following me around the forum and stop trolling this thread with your incoherent poetry.






Matthew Ellard wrote:Please stop posting off topic posts in this thread.

If you want a chat, do so in the "community" sub-forum, set aside for that. We are attempting to have a conversation here on a particular topic, which you are attempting to ruin so we have to pay attention to you.
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11033
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: The Totality

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:15 am

You know Angel, there is no reason your parables, and/or poetry if you might choose that dirction as I do on occasion, cannot meet the unenforced rules of the forum. Just make them on topic.

How can you lamp of truth illuminate the darkness if you give it no fuel?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: The Totality

Postby Angel » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:38 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:You know Angel, there is no reason your parables, and/or poetry if you might choose that dirction as I do on occasion, cannot meet the unenforced rules of the forum. Just make them on topic.

How can you lamp of truth illuminate the darkness if you give it no fuel?


I try. Yet I keep getting led down dark
allies by the fearful ~ only to get in a fight.

I will post my sidebar in the right thread lol
To be or not to be?
To believe or
Not to believe?
To be live or
Not to be live?
To exist or
Not to exist?
What was the question?

Relinquish85
Poster
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:35 pm

Re: The Totality

Postby Relinquish85 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:33 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Relinquish85 wrote:Just because decay cannot be predicted on isolated atoms doesn't mean that it is actually completely random or indeterministic. It just means that the variables that are needed to predict it are HIDDEN.


....and what evidence do you have for this, considering the last 100 years of empirical evidence gathering confirms it is random? Wishful thinking? :D

What is your rebuttal evidence?

I could simply claim that Bertrand Russell's teapot was hiding in every atom in the universe, telling it what to do. However that would be really silly and pointless as there is no evidence for that. :D


Don't worry Matt. You can be assured that I haven't simply abandoned our conversation here. I'm still trying to find a good way to respond to your last post. At this point, I still don't have any evidence that it is not random.

I must ask though, is saying that it's random the same as saying that it is acausal (that it isn't caused to happen by anything else)?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26763
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: The Totality

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:17 am

Relinquish85 wrote:[Don't worry Matt. You can be assured that I haven't simply abandoned our conversation here. I'm still trying to find a good way to respond to your last post. At this point, I still don't have any evidence that it is not random.
I have abandoned this thread. Angel was too busy posting her off topic incoherent Christian poetry here, to maintain my interest.

I suggest you try a religious or philosophy forum

Relinquish85
Poster
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:35 pm

Re: The Totality

Postby Relinquish85 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:38 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Relinquish85 wrote:[Don't worry Matt. You can be assured that I haven't simply abandoned our conversation here. I'm still trying to find a good way to respond to your last post. At this point, I still don't have any evidence that it is not random.
I have abandoned this thread. Angel was too busy posting her off topic incoherent Christian poetry here, to maintain my interest.

I suggest you try a religious or philosophy forum

Fair enough, but please try not to punish me for Angel's behavior. I'd be extremely grateful if you could just answer my question.

:)

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26763
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: The Totality

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:50 am

Relinquish85 wrote:Fair enough, but please try not to punish me for Angel's behavior. I'd be extremely grateful if you could just answer my question.


No. You make a claim off the top of your head. I provide scientific evidence that that claim is not correct, so you say "Well what about if....." You simply are not ready.

How about you spend some time developing your entire claim on another forum and then bring it back here, after you have fully tested it? :D

User avatar
placid
Regular Poster
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: The Totality

Postby placid » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:42 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote: What? Are you insane? I didn't exist until 1961. Jupiter has existed for 4.5 billion years. Jupiter obviously can and has existed without Matthew Ellard.


You had to have existed for Jupiter to exist. For any object or image to exist, there has to be a knower always present. You are that knower present aka the awareness of Jupiter. An object cannot be known to exist separate from the knowing of it, so they must always exist in the exact same moment aka the eternal now. In other words you have always existed, because non-existence is impossible.

So Relinquish was right.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19763
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: The Totality

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:00 pm

placid wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote: What? Are you insane? I didn't exist until 1961. Jupiter has existed for 4.5 billion years. Jupiter obviously can and has existed without Matthew Ellard.


You had to have existed for Jupiter to exist. For any object or image to exist, there has to be a knower always present. You are that knower present aka the awareness of Jupiter. An object cannot be known to exist separate from the knowing of it, so they must always exist in the exact same moment aka the eternal now. In other words you have always existed, because non-existence is impossible.

So Relinquish was right.


:roll: Not that again...


Welcome back, placid. But plz remember, posts others quoted cannot be deleted by the quoted user.
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29440
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: The Totality

Postby Gord » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:10 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Welcome back, placid.

:nownow: Don't lie.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8232
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The Totality

Postby Poodle » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:11 pm

The chilli I'm going to make tonight doesn't yet exist except as a concept in my mind. In the eternal present, therefore, that chilli remains a figment of my imagination (I have a hot imagination). If I don't eat the chilli I'm going to be hungry. But as the chilli cannot ever exist in the eternal present, I never get to eat it. I'm going to starve to death. On the other hand, in the eternal present I'm not hungry right now so I'll never be hungry so I don't need food ever again and I think these logical fallacies will get me some other way. Or not. Man.

Love and peace.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26763
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: The Totality

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:36 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote: I didn't exist until 1961. Jupiter has existed for 4.5 billion years. Jupiter obviously can and has existed without Matthew Ellard.
Placid / Shaka / Azania / Clarifyit4me wrote:You had to have existed for Jupiter to exist.
No. That is your religious and fantasy based claim. Jupiter is 4.5 billion years older than I am. You have presented no evidence as per usual.

Placid / Shaka / Azania / Clarifyit4me wrote:For any object or image to exist, there has to be a knower always present.
Let me educate you. There were no living things in our proto-solar system, when Jupiter formed 4.5 billion years ago. Therefore your claim is complete crap.

Just to rub in how ridiculous your stupid religious claim is, there is clear evidence the Sun has aged 4.5 billion years since its formation and no living thing was required to observe this period of time passing.

I suggest you go and post on a religious forum if you can't form a coherent argument.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26763
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: The Totality

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:49 pm

May I remind forum members, as Scrmblggs pointed out, that Placid is the religious troll who deleted all his early posts to hide all his conflicting, paradoxical and incoherent earlier posts.

In other words, Placid's posts are simply worthless garbage.
:D

Link
search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&author_id=15890&start=480

User avatar
Nobrot
Poster
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:59 pm

Re: The Totality

Postby Nobrot » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:55 pm

How/why is it possible to delete old posts?

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19763
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: The Totality

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:05 am

Unless it's the last post in a thread (and features the x button) or one is the admin, one simply edits them.
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26763
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: The Totality

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:45 am

Nobrot wrote:How/why is it possible to delete old posts?
Deleting posts was never a problem until a UFO fan, called Le Penseur deleted all his posts that detailed how he was abducted by aliens three times and taken to a secret UFO base on earth. Le Penseur forgot that he had to get back home from the secret alien base to get re-abducted. We all laughed at him so he deleted all his posts.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12815&p=190552&hilit=le+penseur#p190414

Placid did essentially the same thing.
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=25688&p=468919#p468743

I do not know this for a fact, but I'm suspicious, for the last five years, there is a commune of ex-Rajnesh and Advaita (Eastern mysticism dualist followers) in the UK and a small number of them have got it into their heads that they must enlighten skeptics about religious dualism. Pyrrho suspended Azania's account a week ago and bingo Placid turns up. I'm fairly sure that Azania is the same person as Shaka and Clarifyit4me, but Placid has his own unique set of spelling errors and idiotic phrasing. None of them have any basic idea about science or logic and simply think they are enlightened. They also lie all the time.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19763
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: The Totality

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:07 am

I think it's nonenlightenment... um... nondualism. :-P
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
placid
Regular Poster
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: The Totality

Postby placid » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:50 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:May I remind forum members, as Scrmblggs pointed out, that Placid is the religious troll who deleted all his early posts to hide all his conflicting, paradoxical and incoherent earlier posts.

In other words, Placid's posts are simply worthless garbage.
:D

Link
search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&author_id=15890&start=480




By the way, I'm not in the slightest bit relgious, I think for myself thankyou very much. I've been having Nondual glimpses since the age of 6 years old, it's just something that happened to me quite spontaneously. I didn't make it happen. So it's not something I have picked up from other people, it was within me all the time.

Do not make false assumptions about other peoples perceptions that are only projections of your own set of self limiting belief systems, have you ever thought of changing the programme of your limited beliefs to having an open mind to the possibility that there are other ways of perceiving reality and that you are limitless potential as consciousness itself.

I deleted my posts because I was constantly receiving a barrage of negative and extremely rude responses, so wasn't sure this forum was even ready or evolved enough to understand what's being discussed. You're only saying garbage because you do not understand what's being talked about. It's an easy cop out to trash that which cannot be understood intellectually. The human doesn't like change, it doesn't feel comfortable with Nondual knowledge because it has been hardwired to accept the idea of separation aka I and other, which is the biggest deception the human mind has ever fallen for. And what authority do you have to call some knowledge worthless and other knowledge acceptable, the proof is in the pudding, it's experiential, and no one is forcing you or anyone to eat the pudding unless it's to your own taste. All we're doing is walking each other home to truth. Truth is very often hard to swallow especially for the fragile ego. One mans rubbish is another mans treasure, so stop with your arrogant high and mighty I know it all attitude, it's a sign of your own un-evolved marble sized consciousness.

I have returned simply because I think it's important for humans to know the truth of who they are. It's not like I know this and you don't, we all know this, because we are this. Quite frankly, I'm sick of living in this world of lies and deceit, run by a bunch of psychopathic brainwashing idiots that have no clue what's really going on. And what are we to do , are we just meant to believe everything we read in a book or what we watch on TV or Youtube, are we just meant to believe exactly what we are told by others, instead of listening to our own inner teacher, are we not able to work out the truth for our self...? would the universe not disclose that information to itself in the form of us being holograms of the whole? of course it would.

Yes of course everything I write is paradoxical and conflicting, Nondual reality is a contradiction but only because language is dual by it's very nature, I am using concepts to point to that which is not a concept, which is your true self. So of course it's going to sound incoherent. But what I write is more about what the words are pointing to rather than the actual words themselves. Words are useless tools when it comes to defining truth, they are limiting and can mean all sorts of different things, and what about other languages that are not our mother tongue? that's when we suddenly realise that language is just another silly illusory game played by the human mind, and we literally take the word to be an actual real thing in and of itself, can't you see the nonsense in that? .. It is only through silence can the truth be revealed, we have to read between the words to what the words are pointing to...and not take them too literally, but for the sake of communication words are all we've got to point others to truth...to essentially lead them home. Not that they ever left in the first place, but it does seem like that with some people.

User avatar
placid
Regular Poster
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: The Totality

Postby placid » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:06 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: Pyrrho suspended Azania's account a week ago and bingo Placid turns up. I'm fairly sure that Azania is the same person as Shaka and Clarifyit4me, but Placid has his own unique set of spelling errors and idiotic phrasing. None of them have any basic idea about science or logic and simply think they are enlightened. They also lie all the time.


You are so ignorant Matt It's not even funny, it's pityful.. there is no such thing as an enlightened person, a cat is enlightened but not a human being...I'll explain more about that in due course, that's if you lot are ready to accept truth.

If people are getting banned by telling the truth, it is because the truth is not ready to be heard by the un-evolved mediocre minds.

Banning people is proof that the truth does not want to be heard, irrefutable truth is often rejected by those who already claim to know truth through science. Without realising that no human being alive knows truth. Truth stands alone prior to the knowing of it. It's not something to be known by a someone, you are that knowing prior to knowing. You are already known not by the body mind mechanism, but by the awareness that pervades all body mind mechanisms.

The problem for human seekers of truth is that as soon as truth is revealed to them the first thing they do is reject it, ooh no it can't possibly be that can it, so what it is to be then, ask yourself do you want truth or not, make up your mind.

By all means ban people who are constantly rude to others, yes, I'm all for banning people for offensive name calling of others, but not for telling the truth...that's just proof of how closed minded humans really are and those with open mind will just laugh that off as primitive behaviour and move on.

User avatar
placid
Regular Poster
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: The Totality

Postby placid » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:32 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:There were no living things in our proto-solar system, when Jupiter formed 4.5 billion years ago. Therefore your claim is complete crap.



By living things, do you mean a knower of things?

If not, define living things?

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29440
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: The Totality

Postby Gord » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:40 am

placid wrote:I'll explain more about that in due course

I don't believe you.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8232
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The Totality

Postby Poodle » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:32 pm

placid wrote:... You're only saying garbage because you do not understand what's being talked about. It's an easy cop out to trash that which cannot be understood intellectually ...


Irony, on the other hand, is much easier to spot.

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster
Posts: 973
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: The Totality

Postby Cadmusteeth » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:10 pm

I see and understand what's being discussed; and I reject it all the same.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19763
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: The Totality

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:03 pm

placid wrote:I have returned simply because I think it's important for humans to know the truth of who they are. It's not like I know this and you don't, we all know this, because we are this.

OK, unnecessary mission accomplished. Knit long and prosper and may the farce be with you.
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26763
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: The Totality

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:32 pm

placid wrote: I'm not in the slightest bit relgious,
You are lying. You follow the nondualism religion and are proselytizing your religion on our science forum.
"Nondualism, also called non-duality, is a term and concept used to define various strands of religious and spiritual thought"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nondualism

placid wrote:I deleted my posts because I was constantly receiving a barrage of negative and extremely rude responses....
You also expressed your support for Adolf Hitler, because your guru Savitri Devi supported Adolf Hitler, remember? ,

placid wrote: And (by) what authority do you have to call some knowledge worthless
A complete lack of evidence and basic logic errors.

placid wrote:Yes of course everything I write is paradoxical and conflicting,
Problem solved. Stop writing

placid wrote:I'll explain more about that in due course, that's if you lot are ready to accept truth.
No. Simply go away and post on a religious forum. No one here is interested in your religious crap.

In essence, you are a religious narcissist who simply wants attention. Rather than post your useless sermons on a forum for people seeking spiritual information, you stupidly keep posting on a science based forum that fights religion and "woo". Go away.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8232
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The Totality

Postby Poodle » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:36 am

placid wrote:... Yes of course everything I write is paradoxical and conflicting ...


Then you have nothing in common with any part of this forum. You haven't yet managed to understand a word of your own dogma, so why inflict it on us? By all means return when you can say something which is NOT paradoxical and conflicting. All you're doing at the moment (again!) is displaying your own confusion and distinct lack of the ability to comprehend the words upon which you base your pontifications.
It starts out amusing but soon becomes repetitive and, to be frank, stultifyingly boring.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26763
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: The Totality

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:43 am

placid wrote: I deleted my posts because I was constantly receiving a barrage of negative and extremely rude responses.
Why do you tell so many lies?
placid previously explained why he deleted his posts wrote:I know I've been an idiot, I've said some stupid stuff here.
Matt was right, I am stupid...you are all right, you kept telling me but I didn't listen, now I will, and I will go away.

I'm going to stop with constant BS and not do it any more. Sorry for the damage, I'll pay for it by leaving, take care everyone. I'm happy to go because it's been hurting me as well, I need to stop doing this to myself and others.

Bye

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=25896&p=477387#p477388

However your most disgusting post from your previous trolling was this......
placid wrote:... Not many people will get this when I say what Hitler did was an act of Love. ...


Now go away.

User avatar
placid
Regular Poster
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: The Totality

Postby placid » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:42 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
placid wrote: I'm not in the slightest bit relgious,
You are lying. You follow the nondualism religion and are proselytizing your religion on our science forum.
"Nondualism, also called non-duality, is a term and concept used to define various strands of religious and spiritual thought"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nondualism


Oh please, if wiki says it's true then it must be. What ever! you are so gullible.

Everything believed is a religion, including science, belief is the sickness of the human egoic mind. It's okay to believe as long as your not believing in your own invented fictions.
We won't solve any of our human ego based mis-taken identity problems through ego based mis-taken identity solutions.

Any form of religious or political solutions are just going to lead to another form of having to submit to false authorities, right or left - relying on "out there" or Someone, or group of someones, is continuing the lie.

Segregate yourself off from real truth, go ahead and kill anything that gets in your way of your belief, if that's what you think you have to do to succeed in life, but it won't get you anywhere.

''Before its encounter with the truth, the old belief system was standing proudly on the beach, pretending to be a castle. Now it is only sand, waiting to be washed away by the wave of truth bearing down on it.''

Bye the way, all the knowledge you purport to know is illusory.

User avatar
placid
Regular Poster
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: The Totality

Postby placid » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:15 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
However your most disgusting post from your previous trolling was this......
placid wrote:... Not many people will get this when I say what Hitler did was an act of Love. ...




I was weak before but now I've come back strong.

I'll say again. Not many people will get this when I say what Hitler did was an act of Love.

Because Love is unconditional, it allows everything to happen. Love is not something you get or give.. it is what you are. Love is all there is, everything we do is because we love doing it. Not us per-se but life itself. Love is not bound by the limited conditions of the human mind, Love is not what you think it is, it's true meaning runs much deeper than you could ever imagine.

Love allows all to be as it is, and I repeat, no person ever did anything wrong in life, because everything that happens in life ..happened as it was meant to happen ..and there is no one to stop what happens - there simply is no one at the controls, life is living itself. But I don't expect someone like you to understand that, you think man is the doer, but man cannot be the doer..you need to understand this simple basic principle...otherwise you will never free yourself of suffering. Disliking what shouldn't have happened after it has happened is suffering, only human mind suffers. Animals do worst things to each other and they do not suffer, there is no concept of suffering in an animal, it is a human mental construct. Nature is barbaric and no human ever bats an eyelid about that, but as soon as it's your ego involved, and you say that shouldn't be happening is the insanity of the human mind identified with it's imagined self.

If the bad disgusting stuff were not allowed to happen, then the good stuff wouldn't be allowed either. that's the law of opposites, they have to exist in the same moment, can't know one with out the other. Another thing you have to learn my dear.

You've got an awful lot to learn Matt about the reality you believe to be real. Your words regarding what I've said here in the past will not impact or touch me so don't even waste your breath on me.You like many others on this forum are ignorant of the true nature of reality, but I do understand the position you take, so I have no problem with that. But if you prefer to crucify the messenger, and miss the message, then so be it, it's your prerogative.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8232
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The Totality

Postby Poodle » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:27 am

placid wrote:''Before its encounter with the truth, the old belief system was standing proudly on the beach, pretending to be a castle. Now it is only sand, waiting to be washed away by the wave of truth bearing down on it.''


I found your unattributed quotation on here ...

http://www.advaita-vision.org/2014/08/

I didn't bother reading any further as I feel sure you've already used most of the site's content on here. If Hinduism isn't a religion, I don't know what is. You're a fake. Love? you don't know the meaning of the word. Or meaning. Or knowledge. Or - particularly - truth.

Don't get me wrong, placid - you are perfectly entitled to your beliefs no matter how simplistic and idiotic. But I fail to see what you hope to achieve by coming here - a forum dedicated to scientific skepticism - and posting statements and claims which simply cannot be defended except as personal belief. Actually, I do see - you're a masochist with a Messiah complex.

User avatar
placid
Regular Poster
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: The Totality

Postby placid » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:47 am

Poodle wrote:
placid wrote:''Before its encounter with the truth, the old belief system was standing proudly on the beach, pretending to be a castle. Now it is only sand, waiting to be washed away by the wave of truth bearing down on it.''


I found your unattributed quotation on here ...

http://www.advaita-vision.org/2014/08/

I didn't bother reading any further as I feel sure you've already used most of the site's content on here. If Hinduism isn't a religion, I don't know what is. You're a fake. Love? you don't know the meaning of the word. Or meaning. Or knowledge. Or - particularly - truth.



You're not listening.

Life listens, it does not speak, but for the sake of human communication, speaking occurs, listening to what's being spoken is more important than the speaking.

Life is not religious. Life doesn't have to believe in itself to be what it is. IT JUST IS.

Life doesn't need a label attached to it in order to BE what it is.

Labels and the belief in those labels are a human mental construct...in other words, fictions aka fake.

As for...But I fail to see what you hope to achieve by coming here.

No one comes here, there's just what's happening...appearing as it does. No reason, purpose or meaning, other than what you the real give it.

Human knowledge is fake..but the you is real, you are the real source of everything fake.

Trying thinking backwards to the real source of all that's fake, and believe in that instead of believing the fake.

Or, if you want to believe in the fake, that too is fine, because no one is doing it.

User avatar
placid
Regular Poster
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: The Totality

Postby placid » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:56 am

Poodle wrote:But I fail to see what you hope to achieve by coming here -


No one comes here. There is only here, and here there's just what's happening, no particular reason, or purpose just this simple appearance because it can.

As for the human, it's for their own amusement purposes only, albeit illusory.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29440
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: The Totality

Postby Gord » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:13 am

I still fail to see what you hope to achieve by coming here.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Nobrot
Poster
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:59 pm

Re: The Totality

Postby Nobrot » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:34 pm

placid wrote:
Poodle wrote:But I fail to see what you hope to achieve by coming here -


No one comes here. There is only here, and here there's just what's happening, no particular reason, or purpose just this simple appearance because it can.

As for the human, it's for their own amusement purposes only, albeit illusory.

Is this guy for real or a waaay over the top poe?

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8232
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The Totality

Postby Poodle » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:01 pm

Nobrot wrote:
placid wrote:
Poodle wrote:But I fail to see what you hope to achieve by coming here -


No one comes here. There is only here, and here there's just what's happening, no particular reason, or purpose just this simple appearance because it can.

As for the human, it's for their own amusement purposes only, albeit illusory.

Is this guy for real or a waaay over the top poe?


Oh, Placid has been here before a couple of times. He/she/it has provided a different take on reality before now. It's always the same - nothing changes. Placid did, however, claim the forum record for the greatest number of deletions in a single day (all posts HAS to be a record). It's a temporary phenomenon. She (I think it's she) doesn't hang around for too long before committing forum hara-kiri. In the meantime, expect lots of ... errrrm ... well - BS. But please don't let me colour your attitudes.


Return to “Brain, Mind, & Consciousness”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MetaURI [Bot] and 1 guest