Debunking The Ra Material

What you think about how you think.
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Re: Debunking The Ra Material

Postby gorgeous » Mon May 18, 2015 3:41 am

never listened to Ra...so idk....as for seth and lizards...dubya told me to say those....
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon May 18, 2015 4:24 am

gorgeous wrote:never listened to Ra...so idk....as for seth and lizards...dubya told me to say those....

So you think former president, George W Bush sends secret messages into your brain ordering you to tell the world about Seth and Magical Lizard overlords?

Did he also tell you to see a psychiatrist?

:D

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon May 18, 2015 4:53 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:Did he also tell you to see a psychiatrist?
:D

Who's dead brain is the fruitloop channeling again? :-P

Lard, save me from your followers.

freebill
BANNED
Custom Title: ufo - ra believer

Postby freebill » Mon May 18, 2015 7:56 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
freebill wrote: I wonder if psychology/psychiatry professions have any record of such an incidence: "committing suicide just because being caught lying".

Yes. You could have simply looked it up. Jeremy Michael Boorda is a good example. Merv Jenkins did the same. It's common in the military.

As a skeptic, you are very fast in accepting Boorda's death as suicide; have you seen the autopsy report, or his suicide notes? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Mi ... orda#Death

Mervyn Jenkins was the former Defence Intelligence Organisation (DIO) Attaché at the Australian Embassy in Washington. http://nautilus.org/publications/books/ ... n-jenkins/ http://www.smh.com.au/national/spy-case ... -4bi4.html

I see that both cases are substantially different from "committing suicide just because being caught lying". Suicides in the military and intelligence organizations are met with suspicion generally.

Matthew Ellard wrote:
freebill wrote:Debunking the ra material is not an easy task, nevertheless, one might find some minor inconsistencies.
Matthew Ellard wrote: Why don't you set out a claim and your evidence that the Ra Material is "real". I'll then shred it methodically.
freebill wrote: I bet you are raring to shred it down to its molecules, but I don't have any evidence to present. That's why I am a "believer"; that is, there are no blatant proofs that the ra material is real but I feel/believe that it reflects the reality. I don't have a shortcut to your satisfaction.

You are posting on a skeptic forum, where people produce evidence for their claims. You are saying you have no evidence. Where do we go from here?

Try the David Icke Forum. It doesn't require any evidence, to support weird claims at all.

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/

I haven't started this topic, just contributing. Also, I'm not much into forums and the ra material does not need david icke or his forum. I'm fine here.

freebill
BANNED
Custom Title: ufo - ra believer

Postby freebill » Mon May 18, 2015 10:48 pm

Hey everyone;

Is there a specific topic dedicated to debunking UFO videos/photos? I would like to submit a case: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gaPaxw9-qg

Forum's search facility is terrible, by the way.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue May 19, 2015 1:03 am

freebill wrote:Hey everyone;

Is there a specific topic dedicated to debunking UFO videos/photos? Forum's search facility is terrible, by the way.

There is an entire sub forum called "UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal"

viewforum.php?f=7
We call these listed topic titles "Listed topic titles"

I have moved your UFO video to that sub forum. You may get there by clicking below.
viewtopic.php?p=462828#p462828

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Tue May 19, 2015 1:51 am

freebill wrote:Forum's search facility is terrible, by the way.

I agree, I can never find my own posts, even when I'm using both hands.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

PennyDotson
Poster

Postby PennyDotson » Wed May 20, 2015 4:07 pm

Gord wrote:

I always find everything I need, with no hands at all.. just throat.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Wed May 20, 2015 9:52 pm

PennyDotson wrote:
Gord wrote:

I always find everything I need, with no hands at all.. just throat.

Really? How do you get your head up there?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu May 21, 2015 12:21 am

freebill wrote: I see that both cases are substantially different from "committing suicide just because being caught lying".
Wrong again. They both got caught lying and committed suicide for that reason.

freebill wrote:Suicides in the military and intelligence organizations are met with suspicion generally.
There was a Royal Commission into Merv's suicide. He told the American CIA too much and then lied to the Joint Intelligence Council about what he told them. Another Australian service, administered by DFAT, had that exact information and tabled it. Merv committed suicide. The other Australian service stopped sharing product with both America and the DIO, thus a royal commission was required into his suicide.

BlazingJourneyman

Postby BlazingJourneyman » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:35 am

I'd rather debunk this skeptical nonsense.
If something inspire you to be more benevolent, more giving, less egocentric, more inclined to seek balance and harmony. What could be your motivation for debunking it other than the attachment to ego?
Who gives a {!#%@} about what other say is valid or not.
If something resonate with you then it does and you should use critical thinking to explore and proceed with efficiency.
If it makes no sense, move on to other inspiration to which you can apply yourself.
Most here is stuck in their convoluted methodologies to even see themselves stuck.
Shame! Ding! Ding!

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:21 pm

BlazingJourneyman wrote:What could be your motivation for debunking it other than the attachment to ego?

Uncovering the truth is its own motivation.
#ANDAMOVIE

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:27 pm

Watch out - it's the Spanish Inquisition inner resonance squad!

OutOfBreath
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Persistent ponderer

Postby OutOfBreath » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:31 pm

BlazingJourneyman wrote:I'd rather debunk this skeptical nonsense.
If something inspire you to be more benevolent, more giving, less egocentric, more inclined to seek balance and harmony. What could be your motivation for debunking it other than the attachment to ego?
Who gives a {!#%@} about what other say is valid or not.
If something resonate with you then it does and you should use critical thinking to explore and proceed with efficiency.
If it makes no sense, move on to other inspiration to which you can apply yourself.
Most here is stuck in their convoluted methodologies to even see themselves stuck.
Shame! Ding! Ding!

Why do you need BS to be "more giving" etc? Can't you just, I dunno, be that anyway? Caring and compassion brings its own rewards, no reason to blame aliens.

Peace
Dan
What is perceived as real becomes real in its consequences.

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert

ChicagosWorst

Postby ChicagosWorst » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:06 am

BlazingJourneyman wrote:I'd rather debunk this skeptical nonsense.

This oughta be fantastic, I registered for this.

BlazingJourneyman wrote:If something inspire you to be more benevolent, more giving, less egocentric, more inclined to seek balance and harmony. What could be your motivation for debunking it other than the attachment to ego?

How does it go again in terms you might understand?
"The best-laid plans o' mice n men aft gang agley An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain For promis'd joy!"?

Nah, something tells me you aren't a Burns fan. Let's try St. Bernard of Clairvaux, whose original quote has now modernized to: "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

That works better, no? While you may *mean* well, misinformed intention can lead to disastrous results.

On the small scale, we see Jenny McCarthy as the figurehead of the anti-vaxx community because an element is part of a molecule used as a delivery agent. Free-radical hydrogen will literally tear you apart but no one's worried about the covalent bonds in water. But "much children no MERCURY!" is why MMR isn't eradicated.

One the large scale, look at the Great Leap Forward. Communist China, based on estimated deaths, killed 2-4x as many as the Axis did during the Holocaust; the Four Pests Campaign was a well-meant steer toward cleaning the nation to ease in becoming more agrarian but led to a nationwide famine. Ignorance can be lethal.

BlazingJourneyman wrote:Who gives a {!#%@} about what other say is valid or not.

This attitude is why jingoism exists. Replace the supernatural with Nation Above All, you see why the Waffen SS were so feared back when the Third Reich was tearing up Europe just over 70 years ago, and why Parris Island never has to worry about training new maggots into full-fledged jarheads in the present.

Critical thinking is rarely used to "explore"; as is in the phrasing, it is a practice of critique, to weigh the merits of a claim at a steadied pace and not "with efficiency," at that implies expedition of the decision to support or deny a claim. If anything, if something "resonates" with you, then that is a subjective reaction that should take a more critical analysis before one can rightly state an objective decision.

BlazingJourneyman wrote:If it makes no sense, move on to other inspiration to which you can apply yourself.

I grew up in a Bible-belt state (North of the Mason-Dixon, south of the Ohio River). Ninth-most segregated city in the country was 10 miles away; nationwide race riots graced the news about 25 years ago. KKK was still hanging up crosses in Fountain Square when I moved away about 20 years ago. So I was educated that illegals are taking our jobs and abortion is a sin.

As an adult, I had to revisit these presuppositions that were givens and I eventually had to address some really uncomfortable truths about them. It was comfortable to hold these presuppositions as "belief", but they ultimately made no sense when confronted with real data and factual evidence.

BlazingJourneyman wrote:Most here is stuck in their convoluted methodologies to even see themselves stuck.
Shame! Ding! Ding!

I see a lot of finger-wagging, tongue-clicking, and school-marm-scolding, but the "If it works for me/her/him/them, HOW DARE YOU JUDGE??" outrage is not going garner any positive attention for the position you wish supported.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:07 pm

:hmm: Not bad for the worst. :-P Welcome to SSF.

Lard, save me from your followers.

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: cognitively consonant

Postby Nikki Nyx » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:32 pm

Image Pleased to meet you, CW! Welcome to the asylum forum.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:17 pm

:wel: Pleased to meet you, CW! Welcome to the forum asylum.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: cognitively consonant

Postby Nikki Nyx » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:11 pm

Yeah, that's probably more accurate. :mrgreen:
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Return to “Brain, Mind, & Consciousness”