Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

What you think about how you think.
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby gorgeous » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:19 pm

souls are neither male or female...they have both traits....we also incarnate as males and females in different lives...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:27 pm

Is that just a random Seth teaching, gorgeous, or is it a comment on the ongoing mayhem?

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:47 pm

Barrie1 wrote:The following excerpt followed a class discussion in which some people using the word "s h i t" in a derogatory manner. It is filled with humor but is also very serious and intended to make some significant points. Because the following excerpt would be much more in line with its own spirit if this board allowed for the spelling out of the word {!#%@} or sh*t – I will use s h i t.
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=25074&start=720#p523542

Placing blame on the board is irrational if you haven't explored the options, such as the opt out function for word censoring. (If you go to the User Control Panel, chose 'Board preferences' and then 'Edit display options' where you can change your settings such as 'enable/disable word censoring' by clicking on the radio buttons. However, that will not change other user's settings, nor display your scat to visitors.)

I also am beginning to find it disrespectful to all users/readers that you still disregard the proper quoting functions, even though it has been brought to your attention and it is quite easy to use. To do that, you could simply copy/imitate what those you quote are doing, and/or check out the BBCode link in the 'Full editor'. Or simply ask.

Besides that, I'm getting tired of what I now - considering your responses - perceive as mostly spam and/or propaganda and am currently merely scanning your replies, except for what others are quoting and responding to.
Hi, Io the lurker.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:33 am

Barrie Gellis wrote:Matt, you are the only alien here
Nope. I'm a 100% human being. I don't have mythical reincarnated spirits sharing my head. That would be you right? :D

Barrie Gellis wrote:your lack of empathy and compassion make you an alien to the human race, as I see it.
You don't care about the human race. You promote the phony Seth cult material that tells followers to not take thyroid medication, knowing that Jane Roberts was lying and taking this medicine herself. How many people have you harmed Barry Gellis, by promoting this ongoing fraud? :D

Barrie Gellis wrote:Seth Responds: "Because it was the easiest way that Ruburt would relate to me.

So Jane Roberts can't remember what she says while channeling Seth but Seth has a pet name for relating to Jane Roberts? Can you see how absolutely comical your cult is? It should be a vignette scene in Dumb and Dumber III. :D

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:37 am

gorgeous wrote:souls are neither male or female...they have both traits....we also incarnate as males and females in different lives...
Soooo..., . Gorgeous? Do the alien lizard people, whom you claim, secretly control Earth, have souls? :D

If so, how do you know Seth is not an alien lizard spirit tricking Jane Roberts into telling people not to take thyroid medicine. :lol:

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:02 am

The particular speech impairment is giving that away. Seth can't pronounce "Roberts" properly, that makes "him" a terrestrial :actor: "spirit".
Hi, Io the lurker.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:58 pm

seth-------When I enter your system, I move through a series of mental and psychic events. You would interpret these events as space and time, and so often I must use the terms, for I must use your language rather than my own.-----------------When I enter your system, I intrude into three-dimensional reality, and you must interpret what happens in the light of your own root assumptions. Now whether or not you realize it, each of you intrudes into other systems of reality in your dream states without the full participation of your normally conscious self. In subjective experience you leave behind physical existence and act, at times, with strong purpose and creative-----validity within dreams that you forget the instant you awaken.
When you think of the purpose of your existence, you think in terms of daily waking life, but you also work at your purpose in these other dream dimensions, and you are then in communication with other portions of your own entity, at work at endeavors quite as valid as those you are about in waking life.-----------------Three-dimensional experience is an invaluable place of training. Your personality as you now know it will indeed persevere, and with its memories, but it is only a part of your entire identity, even as your childhood in this life is an extremely important part of your present personality, though now you are far more than a child.
You will continue to grow and develop, and you will become aware of other environments, even as you left your childhood home.-----------------------Your scientists are finally learning what philosophers have known for centuries - that mind can influence matter. They still have to discover the fact that mind creates and forms matter.
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:05 pm

:lol:

Someone figured out another someone and has lost all fear. :rotfl:
Hi, Io the lurker.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:43 pm

Seth moves in a mysterious way ...

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:31 am

seth---------"...There have indeed been civilizations upon your planet that understood as well as you, and without your kind of technology, the workings of the planets, the positioning of stars- people who even foresaw "later" global changes. They used a mental physics. There were men before you who journeyed to the moon, and who brought back data quite as "scientific" and pertinent. There were those who understood the "origin" of your solar system far better than you. Some of these civilizations did not need spaceships. Instead, highly trained men combining the abilities of dream-art scientists and mental physicists cooperated in journeys not only through time but through space. There are ancient maps drawn from a 200-mile-or-more vantage point- these meticulously completed on return from such journeys."

"There were sketches of atoms and molecules, also drawn after trained men and women learned the art of identifying with such phenomena. There are significances hidden in the archives of many archaeological stores that are not recognized by you because you have not made the proper connections- and in some cases you have not advanced sufficiently to understand the information."

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:30 am

:yawn:
Hi, Io the lurker.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:12 pm

sounds like it ^^ could have also been remote viewing....

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:03 am

seth------------"There is a design and a designer, but they are so combined, the one within and one without, that it is impossible to separate them. The Creator is also within its creations, and the creations themselves are gifted with creativity and that each contains an infinite capacity for development---and that each is innately blessed.

"In the dawn of physical existence, men knew that death was merely a change of form."

"What you call death is rather your choice to focus in other dimensions and realities. You do not acquire a 'spirit' at death. You are one, now! You adopt a body as a space traveler wears a space suit, and for much the same reason."
------------------ I told Ruburt [Seth ascribes a male name, Rubert, to Jane Roberts] from our earliest sessions that he could call me Seth. I never said, 'My name is Seth,' (but 'I call myself Seth'—my emphasis), for I am nameless. I have had too many identities to cling to one name!"

"I have been sent to help you, and others have been sent through the centuries of your time, for as you develop you also form new dimensions, and you will help others. I am in this room speaking to Robert [Jane Roberts husband, Robert Butts] although there is no object within which you can place me. You have a vehicle to use, a body that you call your own, and that is all. You are as disembodied as I. I come here as though I appeared through a hole in space and time. What you call emotion or feeling is the connective between us."
------------------"Using your free will, you have made physical reality into something quite different than what was intended. You have allowed the ego to become overly developed and specialized. You were here to work out problems and challenges, but you were always to be aware of your own inner reality, and of your nonphysical existence. To a large extent you have lost contact with this. You have focused so strongly upon physical reality that it become the only reality that you know"

Morena

Postby Morena » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:39 pm

Hi gorgeous! :)

I'm curious about your intentions in such a forum... Do you mean to rush caterpillars into butterflies? To each one their own process, each one on their own time. :) In the same way that no one can escape from physical dead in this physical life, no one can escape from eventually allowing understanding. :) They'll find out for themselves. And my humble opinion is that it's just great as it is.

Nice to meet you. :)

P.S.: Can you mention where are you getting the quotes from when you'll post more of them? (name of book, audio collection, etc.) I'm grateful for that. ;)

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:31 pm

Hi, Morena. Welcome to SSF. I'm curious about your intentions in such a forum... :mrgreen:

(...and am hopeful you won't be a misogynistic racist conspiraloon such as your newfound friend georgie here...)
Hi, Io the lurker.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:32 am

Morena wrote: Hi gorgeous! :) I'm curious about your intentions in such a forum.
Gorgeous is an anti-science troll, trolling on a science based skeptic forum.

Gorgeous in May 2015 wrote:I expected to cause an uproar here...because my beliefs are ridiculed by science fans and skeptics....I also feel the need to open up some skeptical, overly rational minds as there is more going on than they can explain away. I don't know if I'm in good standing or not...and don't care.....my mission will continue anyway---....I've fought hard battles before elsewhere (one site deleted all my posts including just jokes that I made because they considered me too dangerous...lol...I returned and reposted the same info again and again...

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=25074&p=464135&hilit=mission#p464135

Morena wrote:.. Do you mean to rush caterpillars into butterflies?
No caterpillars or butterflies are posting here. You seem to be as confused as Gorgeous.

Morena wrote:P.S.: Can you mention where are you getting the quotes from when you'll post more of them?
Some of Gorgeous's quotes from Jane Roberts, pretending to be an alien called Seth, are fake and not from Jane Roberts, or the later people pretending to be Seth. Look them up.

http://www.sethlearningcenter.org/

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:04 am

Morena wrote:... P.S.: Can you mention where are you getting the quotes from when you'll post more of them? (name of book, audio collection, etc.) I'm grateful for that. ;)

Hi Morena. I can help you there ...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Grimm ... 1840221747

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:54 pm

:hmm: Looks like Morena folded and chrysalized back into a pupa?
Hi, Io the lurker.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:03 pm

Morena wrote:

Hi gorgeous! :)

I'm curious about your intentions in such a forum... Do you mean to rush caterpillars into butterflies? To each one their own process, each one on their own time. :) In the same way that no one can escape from physical dead in this physical life, no one can escape from eventually allowing understanding. :) They'll find out for themselves. And my humble opinion is that it's just great as it is.

Nice to meet you. :)

P.S.: Can you mention where are you getting the quotes from when you'll post more of them? (name of book, audio collection, etc.) I'm grateful for that. ;)

--------------hi...I'm just giving another perspective , yes they will learn....I get them from various Seth sites...search Seth on death or Seth on health to find the sites....

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:05 pm

I am not against science ...I don't like it when science fans ridicule something because they can't explain it ...science is learning what mystics and more aware beings have always known...

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Postby Monster » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:32 pm

gorgeous wrote:I am not against science ...I don't like it when science fans ridicule something because they can't explain it ...science is learning what mystics and more aware beings have always known...

There are mystics in sub-Saharan African countries who cut up albinos to use their body parts in magic potions and artifacts. What can science learn from those people?
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:46 pm

not to go to sub-Saharan Africa.....

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:49 pm

gorgeous wrote:not to go to sub-Saharan Africa.....

You're an albino, then?

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:25 pm

seth------“To change the world for the better, you must begin by changing your own life. There is no other way.”
― Jane Roberts, The Individual and the Nature of Mass Events ------------------------“Consciousness creates form. It is not the other way around. All personalities are not physical. It is only because you are so busily concerned with daily matters that you do not realize that there is a portion of you who knows that its own powers are far superior to those shown by the ordinary self.”
― Seth Speaks: The Eternal Validity of the Soul

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:44 pm

seth---"On a neurological basis there are unreleased, latent triggers that can be set off, and when they are, your practical experience with time as you know it will be altered. From your viewpoint the species will then be so different that it will seem to be another one entirely."

Nature of Personal Reality, Session 675, Page 424

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:33 pm

gorgeous wrote:seth--
For our newer members, Gorgeous is a cult follower of Jane Roberts, an ex-science fiction writer and alcoholic. In the 1960's after Hubbard created the Scientology religion for profit, Jane Roberts decided to start her own religion for profit and pretended to channel an alien called Seth.

Naturally, Jane Roberts was a complete fraud and despite "Seth the alien" saying in public "people should not take medications" Jane Robert was on medication for thyroid disease and died from alcohol related complications.

Jane Robert was also a terrible actor. Here is Jane Roberts channeling "Seth the alien"
:D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRG-IR3aqec

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:42 pm

wrong again

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:47 pm

gorgeous wrote:wrong again
No I'm right. You can't even write a rebuttal. :D

Let's laugh some more at Jane Roberts and her bad acting.......
:lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J9CyIOlMys

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:37 pm

seth-----------------'All possible entities that can ever be actualized always exist. They [have] always existed and they always will exist. All-That-Is must, by its characteristics, be all that it can ever be, and so there can be no end to existence - and, in those terms, no beginnings."

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:54 pm

That is the most entities-which-cannot-ever-be-actualized-ist statement I've ever read. Shame on you!

EDIT: Waves to Barrie :wave: , the eternal presence in the background.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:51 am

gorgeous wrote:seth----------------'All possible entities that can ever be actualized always exist. They [have] always existed and they always will exist. All-That-Is must, by its characteristics, be all that it can ever be, and so there can be no end to existence - and, in those terms, no beginnings."

Seth was a spirit from a hippy cult of the 1960s, when you were 30 years old. Do you have any new "woo" from the last quarter of a century? :D

xouper
True Skeptic

Postby xouper » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:52 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
gorgeous wrote:seth----------------'All possible entities that can ever be actualized always exist. They [have] always existed and they always will exist. All-That-Is must, by its characteristics, be all that it can ever be, and so there can be no end to existence - and, in those terms, no beginnings."

Seth was a spirit from a hippy cult of the 1960s, when you were 30 years old. Do you have any new "woo" from the last quarter of a century? :D

Well, since you asked, I know of some.

One example: Kryon, as channeled by Lee Carroll.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Carroll

I've read his first five books. Carroll stupidly makes many claims that are easy to debunk.

My favorite was that the Earth's magnetic pole was going to shift significantly by a certain date. Never happened. The prophesied date came and went and no pole shift. In fact that whole magnetic pole shift thing was obviously bogus from the beginning (and I told him so at the time), but he made a huge deal out of it. It was one of his major claims to fame.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:46 am

xouper wrote:I've read his first five books.

WhYYYyyyy? :|
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

xouper
True Skeptic

Postby xouper » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:24 am

Gord wrote:
xouper wrote:I've read his first five books.

WhYYYyyyy? :|

Excellent question. I had a dear friend who was into that author and asked for my opinion. So I read some of the books so I could give an informed opinion. In hindsight, was it worth it? I have no idea. Probably.

Dimebag
Regular Poster

Postby Dimebag » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:16 am

What does one learn about the world by reading this? I find myself glancing at various quotes here and seem to take nothing of importance away. It's like it is intentionally written to be vapid.

xouper
True Skeptic

Postby xouper » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:33 am

Dimebag wrote:What does one learn about the world by reading this?

I found it useful in learning about so-called New Agers and how (and what) they think.

Perhaps that was not what you were asking?

Dimebag
Regular Poster

Postby Dimebag » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:01 am

xouper wrote:

I found it useful in learning about so-called New Agers and how (and what) they think.

I should rephrase that, does one gain anything worth knowing by reading this material? So much certainty about such big topics, while at the same time, giving us not one iota to grab onto.

xouper
True Skeptic

Postby xouper » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:33 am

Dimebag wrote:
xouper wrote:

I should rephrase that, does one gain anything worth knowing by reading this material? So much certainty about such big topics, while at the same time, giving us not one iota to grab onto.

I did learn something useful from the Seth Material that I have not seen in psychology books, either academic or popular (perhaps because I have not yet read the right books).

And that is the notion that one can control their emotions by changing the way one interprets what's going on around you. I can explain further, if you like.

But I had to wade through a lot of metaphysical baloney to get that.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:11 pm

"Take nothing personal." ?
Hi, Io the lurker.

xouper
True Skeptic

Postby xouper » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:14 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:"Take nothing personal." ?

Is that question to me?

Return to “Brain, Mind, & Consciousness”