Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

What you think about how you think.
User avatar
xouper
True Skeptic
Posts: 10760
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby xouper » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:14 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
gorgeous wrote:seth----------------'All possible entities that can ever be actualized always exist. They [have] always existed and they always will exist. All-That-Is must, by its characteristics, be all that it can ever be, and so there can be no end to existence - and, in those terms, no beginnings."


Seth was a spirit from a hippy cult of the 1960s, when you were 30 years old. Do you have any new "woo" from the last quarter of a century? :D


And here's some of the newest woo in the internet (but most likely regurgitated woo), a 21-day online seminar that purports to teach you how to . . . well I'll just cut and paste from the blurb:

Signs from the Universe

. . . In this amazingly fun and miraculous course, you’ll learn exactly how to ask for and receive clear guidance from the Universe. With each extraordinary day, you’ll get a clear sign that is meant just for you and decode what the Universe is telling you.

. . . How to tell when something is really a sign—or wishful thinking.


On sale "for a limited time only" for a measly $111, regular price: $565.65.

Such a deal, eh?

For the terminally curious, here's an unclickable link:
Spoiler:
www.jvpschoolofmysticalarts.com/school/signs-from-the-universe/

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19812
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:44 pm

.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19812
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:48 pm

xouper wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:"Take nothing personal." ?


Is that question to me?

:-P

Is that one of the things you learned? Recognizing that with most interactions, it's never (really) about you but about 'them'?
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
xouper
True Skeptic
Posts: 10760
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby xouper » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:54 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
xouper wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:"Take nothing personal." ?


Is that question to me?

:-P

Is that one of the things you learned? Recognizing that with most interactions, it's never (really) about you but about 'them'?


Man, I can't sneak anything past you. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby Poodle » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:06 pm

xouper wrote: ...On sale "for a limited time only" for a measly $111, regular price: $565.65.]


WTF? We need to be proactive in this market. We'll do it for $99 - and that's not even a promotion. OK - $95. Roll up, roll up.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19812
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:45 pm

Hmm, that's a bargain! Would you spell out your guarantee, Poodle? I'm used to reading "100% guaranteed to work. - If not, your money back!" from the local magicians. However, that doesn't do too much to instill confidence in their service. :lol:
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19812
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:46 pm

xouper wrote:...
Man, I can't sneak anything past you. :mrgreen:

Perhaps not quite accurate, but I did notice that even one of your cars had wings! (Guessing you had more than one in your lifetime.)
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby Poodle » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:17 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Hmm, that's a bargain! Would you spell out your guarantee, Poodle? I'm used to reading "100% guaranteed to work. - If not, your money back!" from the local magicians. However, that doesn't do too much to instill confidence in their service. :lol:


Guaranteed to work just as well as the original offer. What has anyone got to lose? Apart from $95, but that's a much smaller loss than the first one, so the punters are saving money. Logic's a wonderful thing.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19812
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:54 pm

I forget, what does it do? :purplex:
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4213
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby gorgeous » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:59 pm

seth----"Your planetary systems exist at once, simultaneously, both in time and in space. The universe that you seem to perceive, either visually or through instruments, appears to be composed of galaxies, stars, and planets, at various distances from you. Basically, however, this is an illusion. Your senses and your very existence as physical creatures program you to perceive the universe in such a way. The universe as you know it is your interpretation of events as they intrude upon your three-dimensional reality. The events are mental. This does not mean that you cannot travel to other planets, for example, within that physical universe, any more than it means that you cannot use tables to hold books, glasses, and oranges, although the table has no solid qualities of its own."
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26778
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:08 pm

Dimebag wrote:What does one learn about the world by reading this? I find myself glancing at various quotes here and seem to take nothing of importance away. It's like it is intentionally written to be vapid.


Science Fiction Writers / Vapid prose / Experienced in Starting religions
A cult member of "The Law of One" joined the forum and I researched their 70's cult in depth. The "Law of One" is exactly the same as the "Seth Material" in that a person channels an ancient alien spirit. That spirit reveals wisdom which is sold in books for profit for "the channeller".

What was interesting was that Ron L Hubbard ( Theatans & Scientology) , Jane Roberts ( Seth & Seth Materials) and Carla Reuckert ( Ra & the Law of One) were all former high volume science fiction authors for post war magazines like Astounding Stories. In fact many early supporters of Hubbard's Dianetics were also science fiction authors. It is my opinion that they did intentionally write ambiguous vapid verses on purpose, to ease control of questions from their cult members.

However the most entertaining was Carla Reuckert and "The Law of One". I discovered that Carla and her partner made, and starred in a B-Grade soft-core porn science fiction movie called "Invasion of the Girl Snatchers" before starting the cult . The cult narrative is basically the same story as the movie but included taking LSD to ease channelling of the alien spirit.

Here is my original posts on the "Law of One" and Porn films by the same people.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26243&hilit=reuckert&start=240#p501069

Here is the trailer for "Invasion of the Girls Snatchers"
https://vimeo.com/107206996


"Kentucky Fried Movie" (1977)
The most interesting connection I found was with film director, John Landis (Blues Brothers, American Werewolf in London, ). John Landis' first film was Kentucky Fried Movie. . This film took the mickey out of cheap B grade science fiction films from Tennessee including "Invasion of the Girls Snatchers". John Landis was already making fun these people forty years ago.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26778
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:11 pm

gorgeous wrote:seth----"Your planetary systems exist at once, simultaneously, both in time and in space. The universe that you seem to perceive, either visually or through instruments, appears to be composed of galaxies, stars, and planets, at various distances from you. Basically, however, this is an illusion. Your senses and your very existence as physical creatures program you to perceive the universe in such a way. The universe as you know it is your interpretation of events as they intrude upon your three-dimensional reality. The events are mental. This does not mean that you cannot travel to other planets, for example, within that physical universe, any more than it means that you cannot use tables to hold books, glasses, and oranges, although the table has no solid qualities of its own."


Gorgeous? You do realise Jane Roberts made up this quote forty five years ago?

Why didn't the "continents rise out of the oceans in 2000" as predicted by Jane Roberts in 1973? Please explain her error
:lol:

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4213
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby gorgeous » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:23 pm

stop posting garbage
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26778
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:29 pm

Laurie wrote:stop posting garbage
It's hard facts Gorgeous. Jane Robert's made that prediction in 1973.

So why didn't the continents rise from the oceans in 2,000? Was Jane lying?
:lol:

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4213
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby gorgeous » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:33 pm

no porn
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26778
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:41 pm

gorgeous wrote:no porn
You idiot. :D Carla Reuckert who channelled "Ra" was previously a porn star. Jane Roberts who channeled "Seth" at the same time, was also an ex science fiction writer, like Carla Did you get confused again? :lol:

Here is Carla Reuckert, herself, about to have sex with an alien in "Invasion of the Girl Snatchers"
Carla.jpg



So why did your channeling guru, Jane Roberts incorrectly predict, in 1973, that the continents would rise out of the oceans in 2000?
:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4213
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby gorgeous » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:47 pm

Bermuda Triangle mystery deepens as mile-long island suddenly rises ...



https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3912243/b ... dangerous/
Jun 29, 2017 - THE mystery of the Bermuda Triangle deepens as a mile-long island has risen from the sea but experts have warned to stay away.
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26778
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:57 pm

gorgeous wrote:Bermuda Triangle mystery deepens as mile-long island suddenly rises in 2017 ...

You really don't know Jane Roberts original quote, do you?

Jane Roberts said "The continents will rise from the oceans in 2000"

Did any continents rise in 2000? Nope.
Is this new sandbar that appeared in 2017 "a continent"? Nope
:lol:
Burmuda sandbar.jpg


A mile-long sand bank emerged from the sea this spring
http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/new ... 16501.html

""It's a hoss," Danny Couch, a local historian, tour guide and lifelong resident of nearby Hatteras Island told National Geographic. "Every 10 to 15 years we'll get something that's pretty dramatic. But this one is the largest one I've seen in my lifetime."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 11445
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby Major Malfunction » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:00 am

I don't understand this need many people have to desperately cling to the slightest suggestion of evidence to support their precious beliefs. It must be some really deep-seated insecurity. Some kind of emptiness within... Or just really stupid?
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4213
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby gorgeous » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:23 am

speak for yourself
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby Nikki Nyx » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:24 pm

(with apologies to Peter Criss, Stan Penridge, and Bob Ezrin)

Arranged for gorgeous' vocal range:

Seth, I hear you calling
But you can’t come through right now
Ruburt’s been dead for decades
Stupid alcoholic cow

Just a few more comments
Every one is about you
Their insults are so galling
Oh Seth, what can I do?
Seth, what can I do?

You say that you feel tempted
To make me your new home
Your words are all up on my shelf
And I’ve memorized every tome

Just a couple more quotes
Every one comes straight from you
Their disbelief’s appalling
Oh Seth, what can I do?
Seth, what can I do?


Seth, my one and only
Let me channel you tonight
I’ll be better for you than Jane was…all right?
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26778
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:48 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:I don't understand this need many people have to desperately cling to the slightest suggestion of evidence to support their precious beliefs. It must be some really deep-seated insecurity. Some kind of emptiness within... Or just really stupid?


I'd say "low self esteem". Poor Gorgeous hasn't got any redeeming features or skills. The only way he can get attention is by spamming his cult's propaganda on forums......... but he really needs that attention....

Here's a sad forum where no one paid attention to Gorgeous's spams, so he keeps spamming the same post over and over and over again until he gets attention. :lol:
https://www.wireclub.com/topics/philoso ... ersations/

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby mirror93 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:49 pm

what does placid means by 'we dont have a body , the body is in us" ???? i'm trying to make sense of his pseudo-philosophy, if the body is in us, where are we actually?

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby Poodle » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:58 pm

mirror93 wrote:what does placid means by 'we dont have a body , the body is in us" ???? i'm trying to make sense of his pseudo-philosophy, if the body is in us, where are we actually?


Not a good idea. There are many more worthwhile pursuits, such as striking matches on fresh bread, grabbing your own feet and lifting yourself up, attaining the speed of light whilst whistling Dixie, and popping off for a Jupiter weekend break.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19812
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:05 pm

What "placid" means is that you (and everyone else) is the so-called One Self, the thing that is All-That-Is. If that were true, we would know beforehand if the weather on Jupiter is worthwhile for that weekend visit. :-P
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4213
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby gorgeous » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:22 am

seth------"The Worlds of Imagination and Reason, and the Implied Universe.

Beyond certain levels it is almost meaningless to speak in terms of particles, but I will for now use the term “invisible particles” because you are familiar with it. Invisible particles, then, form the foundation of your world. The invisible particles that I am referring to, however, have the ability to transform themselves into mass, or to divest themselves of it. And the invisible particles of which I speak not only possess consciousness — but each one is, if you will, a seed that contains within itself a potential for an infinite number of gestalts. Each such invisible particles contains within itself the potential to embark upon an infinite number of probably variations of consciousness. To that degree such psychological particles are at that stage unspecialized, while they contain within themself the innate ability to specialize in whatever direction becomes suitable.

They can be, and are, everywhere at once. Sometimes they operate with mass and sometimes without it. Now you are composed of such invisible particles, and so is everything else that you can physically perceive. To that degree — to that degree —portions of your own consciousness are everywhere at once. They are not lost, or spread out in some generalized fashion, but acutely responsive, and as highly alert as your familiar consciousness is now.

The self that you are aware of represents only one “position” in which those invisible particles happen to intersect, gain mass, build up form. Scientists can only perceive an electron as it is to them. They cannot really track it. They cannot be certain of its position and its speed at the same time, and to some extent the same applies to our consciousness. The speed of your own thoughts takes those thoughts away from you even as you think them — and you can never really examine a thought, but only the thought of a thought.

Because you are, you are everywhere at once. I am quite aware of the fact that you can scarcely follow that psychological motion. As you will see later, your imaginations can lead you towards some recognition, even toward some emotional comprehension, of this concept. While your reasoning abilities at first may falter, that is only because you have trained your intellect to respond in a limited fashion."
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5008
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Tarrytown, NY, USA
Contact:

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby Monster » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:15 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:I don't understand this need many people have to desperately cling to the slightest suggestion of evidence to support their precious beliefs. It must be some really deep-seated insecurity. Some kind of emptiness within... Or just really stupid?

It's identity. When one's identity is challenged, the tiniest bit of support feels very important.

mirror93 wrote:what does placid means by 'we dont have a body , the body is in us" ???? i'm trying to make sense of his pseudo-philosophy, if the body is in us, where are we actually?

placid uses words that, by themselves, are comprehensible. When he/she puts them together, however, they are incomprehensible.
Last edited by Monster on Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4213
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby gorgeous » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:54 pm


Major Malfunction wrote:I don't understand this need many people have to desperately cling to the slightest suggestion of evidence to support their precious beliefs. It must be some really deep-seated insecurity. Some kind of emptiness within... Or just really stupid?------It's identity. When one's identity is challenged, the tiniest bit of support feels very important.------------ditto for scientists...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby Confidencia » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:08 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:What "placid" means is that you (and everyone else) is the so-called One Self, the thing that is All-That-Is. If that were true, we would know beforehand if the weather on Jupiter is worthwhile for that weekend visit. :-P


Obviously you have not understood the full import of what placid has said. Over time you have narrowed yourself down to the limitations of the puny body image. Just as a broken leg needs to pass through the course of time to heal so to does the mind in order to reach its full potential. With train anything is possible. After all it is only the mind moulding itself to the conditions in which it is exposed to, in other words it happens according to your belief. But remember it is the mind as a whole and not as a part that sets the presedence.

User avatar
Dimebag
Regular Poster
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:05 pm

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby Dimebag » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:13 pm

Confidencia wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:What "placid" means is that you (and everyone else) is the so-called One Self, the thing that is All-That-Is. If that were true, we would know beforehand if the weather on Jupiter is worthwhile for that weekend visit. :-P


Obviously you have not understood the full import of what placid has said. Over time you have narrowed yourself down to the limitations of the puny body image. Just as a broken leg needs to pass through the course of time to heal so to does the mind in order to reach its full potential. With train anything is possible. After all it is only the mind moulding itself to the conditions in which it is exposed to, in other words it happens according to your belief. But remember it is the mind as a whole and not as a part that sets the presedence.

That "puny" body you have is what is responsible for your "puny" mind. Without it, your mind is nothing. Be thankful you have one, and don't be in such a rush to "transcend" your body, because that is another word for death, the eternal sleep, and one which no one ever wakes from.

But hey, maybe if you are lucky enough you might find yourself in the body of an ant in the next life, and wont have to worry about trying to understand your own mind.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19812
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:22 pm

"puny body", "train", "moulding itself to the conditions in which it is exposed to" - why Shaka, I never figured you a one who fears becoming roadkill. :-P
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 11445
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby Major Malfunction » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:25 pm

Confidencia wrote:Obviously you have not understood the full import of what placid has said. Over time you have narrowed yourself down to the limitations of the puny body image. Just as a broken leg needs to pass through the course of time to heal so to does the mind in order to reach its full potential. With train anything is possible. After all it is only the mind moulding itself to the conditions in which it is exposed to, in other words it happens according to your belief. But remember it is the mind as a whole and not as a part that sets the presedence.

You mean like, the more BS I see, the easier it is to step over or around without even thinking about it?
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby Confidencia » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:06 am

Major Malfunction wrote:
Confidencia wrote:Obviously you have not understood the full import of what placid has said. Over time you have narrowed yourself down to the limitations of the puny body image. Just as a broken leg needs to pass through the course of time to heal so to does the mind in order to reach its full potential. With train anything is possible. After all it is only the mind moulding itself to the conditions in which it is exposed to, in other words it happens according to your belief. But remember it is the mind as a whole and not as a part that sets the presedence.

You mean like, the more BS I see, the easier it is to step over or around without even thinking about it?


Not quite. Ths more BS you see merely highlights your preoccupation with ignorance. I see is a misnomer, there is only seeing. The seer and the seen are renditions of brain consciousness.
Last edited by Confidencia on Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 11445
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby Major Malfunction » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:50 am

I gather you've never worked on a farm.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby Confidencia » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:13 am

Dimebag wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:What "placid" means is that you (and everyone else) is the so-called One Self, the thing that is All-That-Is. If that were true, we would know beforehand if the weather on Jupiter is worthwhile for that weekend visit. :-P


Obviously you have not understood the full import of what placid has said. Over time you have narrowed yourself down to the limitations of the puny body image. Just as a broken leg needs to pass through the course of time to heal so to does the mind in order to reach its full potential. With train anything is possible. After all it is only the mind moulding itself to the conditions in which it is exposed to, in other words it happens according to your belief. But remember it is the mind as a whole and not as a part that sets the presedence.

That "puny" body you have is what is responsible for your "puny" mind. Without it, your mind is nothing.


It is actually the other way round. My body is invariably absent when my mind is in abeyance as in sleep or when I'm deep in thought.


Be thankful you have one, and don't be in such a rush to "transcend" your body, because that is another word for death, the eternal sleep, and one which no one ever wakes from.


Call it what you like but whatever it is there can be no sorrow or suffering in it. You should not believe every thing you read or hear, death is an important aspect of life, without it you cannot live. - unless you die to the mind you will remain it's slave.


But hey, maybe if you are lucky enough you might find yourself in the body of an ant in the next life, and wont have to worry about trying to understand your own mind.


Dreaming simply gets you another dream. You would be be better off waking up now instead of leaving it to chance. As you imply, once you are born into a body anything can happen.

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 11445
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby Major Malfunction » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:44 am

We used to throw handfuls of warm, steaming {!#%@} at each other like snowballs. The dried ones you could throw like frisbees.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby Confidencia » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:34 am

Major Malfunction wrote:We used to throw handfuls of warm, steaming {!#%@} at each other like snowballs. The dried ones you could throw like frisbees.


I can eat cookies warm, role over and say hey! What's this, five times.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26778
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:29 am

Confidencia wrote: Obviously you have not understood the full import of what placid has said.


Placid said "we create our own reality, so why would we understand anything about placid's reality?

You're a bit stupid aren't you, Shaka?
:lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26778
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:52 am

gorgeous wrote:seth------"The Worlds of Imagination and Reason, and the Implied Universe"


Gorgeous? Considering the Seth cult was forty years ago and you are very very old......

Can you list and quote any future prediction Jane Roberts the con-artist (pretending to channel Seth), got right?

You can't can you?
:lol:

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4213
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Postby gorgeous » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:04 pm

Seth- “There is never any justification for violence, for hatred, for murder. Those who indulge in violence for whatever reason are themselves changed, and the purity of their purpose adulterated.”
(From the book: THE SETH MATERIAL)
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.


Return to “Brain, Mind, & Consciousness”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest