Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry - The Bleeding Edge
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Re: Skeptics need to embrace conscious experience more

Postby zeuzzz » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:30 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
zeuzzz wrote:I would greatly appreciate that anyone who has participated in this thread, for whatever reason, watch the above video, and share your views on what she says.

Well Zuezzz, I did watch the last video you asked us to watch and I pointed out some errors. You didn't make any comment and simply posted another video. That's not really fair is it?

No that's not fair at all, I have no recollection of this incident, can you link me to it? This thread or another? I'll be more than happy to reply now.
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Postby zeuzzz » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:44 pm

zeuzzz wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
zeuzzz wrote:I would greatly appreciate that anyone who has participated in this thread, for whatever reason, watch the above video, and share your views on what she says.

Well Zuezzz, I did watch the last video you asked us to watch and I pointed out some errors. You didn't make any comment and simply posted another video. That's not really fair is it?

No that's not fair at all, I have no recollection of this incident, can you link me to it? This thread or another? I'll be more than happy to reply now.

I presume not then?

I guess since most skeptic forums are atheist predicated, and Mayer is one of the most prominent (open) atheists on American TV, people might enjoy this video. "Put LSD in kids haloween candy, it'd probably be the healthiest thing they've had all day"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB4dFaADJzI
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

Sanatogen

Postby Sanatogen » Wed May 10, 2017 12:53 pm

[I]does not confirm your bias, you will find that it is a disabling of normal brain function, and not a profound, conscious awakening thing.[I]

A common part of the feedback from anecdotal evidence is that the ego is disabled. This may be the scary part for a majority of those who have tried this.

What Brain function are you referring to?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu May 11, 2017 2:32 am

Sanatogen wrote:What Brain function are you referring to?

Sadly, Zeuzzz died in December 2016. He cannot answer your questions.

Zeuzzz was enthusiastic about alternative forms of evolution and consciousness, and posted about those topics here, but never had any coherent claims and never produced any evidence. He was a nice bloke, but he was permanently confused.

Dimebag
Regular Poster

Postby Dimebag » Fri May 12, 2017 11:05 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Sanatogen wrote:What Brain function are you referring to?

Sadly, Zeuzzz died in December 2016. He cannot answer your questions.

Zeuzzz was enthusiastic about alternative forms of evolution and consciousness, and posted about those topics here, but never had any coherent claims and never produced any evidence. He was a nice bloke, but he was permanently confused.

Damn, seemed like a nice guy. Farewell fellow ponderer...

Nobrot
Poster

Postby Nobrot » Sun May 14, 2017 4:04 am

Sanatogen wrote:[I]does not confirm your bias, ...

But It can fortify the over forties.

sandisk
Poster

Re: Skeptisism has become a cult against conscious experienc

Postby sandisk » Wed May 24, 2017 2:13 pm

Pyrrho wrote:Yeah, our experience of reality is actually virtual reality generated by our brains. "

Generated? :lol:
Stop watching science fiction, stop watching matrix or pseudo physicists (jews) promoting this garbage of reality and brain and "virtual" nonsense.
Reality is real, is utterly independent of us and it isn't any god damn generated by our brain, our brain is doing jack {!#%@}, we are just perceiving. brain generating reality only in matrix movies.

Dimebag
Regular Poster

Postby Dimebag » Wed May 24, 2017 8:04 pm

sandisk wrote:
Pyrrho wrote:Yeah, our experience of reality is actually virtual reality generated by our brains. "

Generated? :lol:
Stop watching science fiction, stop watching matrix or pseudo physicists (jews) promoting this garbage of reality and brain and "virtual" nonsense.
Reality is real, is utterly independent of us and it isn't any god damn generated by our brain, our brain is doing jack {!#%@}, we are just perceiving. brain generating reality only in matrix movies.

Actually this is a fairly accurate statement Sandisk. The brain receives information from the senses to inform the perceptual mechanisms of what may be out there, but at the same time, the perceptual mechanisms themselves use a top down flow of information to feed back their own version of events to the basic sensory receptors and their basic feature recognition systems. So the flow of information is not only from the senses to the higher level perceptual centres, it also flows backward to update the lower level centres of the brains "best guess" about what the sensory information really is. Perception is like a constant hallucination.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Thu May 25, 2017 1:18 am

sandisk wrote:pseudo physicists (jews) promoting this garbage of reality and brain and "virtual" nonsense

:facepalm:
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu May 25, 2017 2:10 am

sandisk wrote:Stop watching science fiction, stop watching matrix or pseudo physicists (jews) promoting this garbage of reality and brain and "virtual" nonsense.
You are anti Jewish.

The Skeptic Society Forum hosts the leading anti-holocaust denial debate forums. You are obviously the worst form of scum. You would be there, working hand in hand with the Nazis, stuffing innocent children into gas chambers

I strongly suggest you never post here again. Try Stormfront or some other neo-nazi forum.

sandisk wrote:All I read was a bunch of excuse for the contradiction that this leads to the fictional fairy tale of darwinism
You are also anti-science yet posting on a science based forum.

Just go away.

Pyrrho
Administrator

Postby Pyrrho » Thu May 25, 2017 6:53 am

I have no idea what Jewish people have to do with any of this discussion, but I must caution sandisk about forum rules regarding defamation of ethnic groups.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Postby JO 753 » Fri May 26, 2017 4:05 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:Sadly, Zeuzzz died in December 2016.

:(
Tell us about it.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri May 26, 2017 5:13 pm

JO 753 wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:Sadly, Zeuzzz died in December 2016.

:(
Tell us about it.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22001&p=557991#p557991

Lard, save me from your followers.

Pyrrho
Administrator

Postby Pyrrho » Fri May 26, 2017 10:12 pm

Wow, very sorry that happened, and very sorry that I didn't know about it at the time. I have locked the "Zeuzzz" user account.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri May 26, 2017 10:25 pm

"The requested user does not exist" - wow, reading that was very weird for the first time.

Lard, save me from your followers.

Return to “Brain, Mind, & Consciousness”