The Inter Mind

What you think about how you think.
User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1365
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: The Inter Mind

Postby placid » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:29 am

mirror93 wrote: why doesn't Steve experiences what other people experiences, can Placid answer that?


Steve doesn't exist. Steve doesn't have consciousness, Steve is an experience no one (Consciousness) is having.

People don't have experiences, people are the experience no thing (Consciousness) is having.

Consciousness has never been seen, but is the sure thing in which all experiences are known.

Consciousness cannot know another consciousness because there is only consciousness knowing itself.

To know thyself is to know other, albeit illusory other. The outside world is a projection of the one consciousness appearing as the many.


Image

IN REALITY YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF WHO YOU ARE


You get the idea of who you are from others.

It is not a direct experience.

It is from others that you get the idea of who you are. They shape your center. This center is false, because you carry your real center. That is
nobody's business. Nobody shapes it.

You come with it.

You are born with it.

So you have two centers. One center you come with, which is given by existence itself. That is the self. And the other center, which is created by the society, is the ego. It is a false thing - and it is a very great trick. Through the ego the society is controlling you.

You have to behave in a certain way, because only then does the society appreciate you.

You have to walk in a certain way; you have to laugh in a certain way; you have to follow certain manners, a morality, a code. Only then will the society appreciate you, and if it doesn't, you ego will be shaken. And when the ego is shaken, you don't know where you are, who you are.

The others have given you the idea.

That idea is the ego.

Try to understand it as deeply as possible, because this has to be thrown.
And unless you throw it you will never be able to attain to the self.
Because you are addicted to the center, you cannot move, and you cannot look at the self.


______
Last edited by placid on Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1365
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: The Inter Mind

Postby placid » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:36 am

Adolf Hilter was ruled by the ego. Not by his higher SELF.

For more information on understanding what the EGO is... and why the ego does what it does...read more here..

https://forum.philosophynow.org/viewtop ... 10&t=25030

If you're not interested and just prefer to call this religious BS, then you'll stay ignorant and be a slave to your mind instead of it's master, it's you're choice, it's you're prerogative as unconditional love,free will and karma dictates.

No one has superior knowledge over anyone else, you are the knowledge keepers, the truth is within you. For you are truth.

______

You will stop being afraid of threats and looking stupid and caring about what other people think when you know truth. It's so worth all the effort to know truth.

But no one is forcing you to take it, only you can hold that position.

______

If this is what you call spamming, then so be it, makes no difference to the liberated one, I will pass this way only once. No one ever forced you to look at you're real self, you have to do that all alone.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9583
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Debunk / Inter Mind Religion

Postby Poodle » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:06 pm

placid wrote:Adolf Hitler is an artifically created action figure, a mental creation, the invisible consciousness uses to experience the movie of life. No one ever died in the movie of life, it's a simulation, for life is neither dead nor alive, it's an ever unfolding fictional story appearing in awareness. Believing the story is real is the cause of all mental confusion, misery and suffering.
... ... ...
It's no good reacting to what's already happened, that's just being stuck in the misery self, you need to forgive and move on and always aim toward being a better version of yourself. I know you can do it, you were born to do great things ...

Make up your mind, you poor, confused, pseud.

SteveKlinko
Regular Poster
Posts: 568
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:14 pm
Contact:

Re: The Inter Mind

Postby SteveKlinko » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:56 pm

Poodle wrote:
SteveKlinko wrote:
Poodle wrote:Assumptions! Conscious Activity is, obviously, a function of the digestive system.

Sometimes I almost believe you could be a more serious thinker and then you say something like this. The problem is not saying it is in the Neurons. The problem is saying it is in the Neurons explains it all.

And there lies one of the problems, Steve. Frivolous though it was, I didn't say anything there which I couldn't use your own arguments to support. Consider the following ...
a) I know light travels in air because I live in air and I can see. Therefore light is an airborne phenomenon. Isn't it?
b) Radio waves travel through air to reach a wire aerial. There's no air within my copper aerial, so what form do those radio waves take as they travel through the aerial to reach my primitive crystal set?
c) I have just called up on the net a submarine camera trained on fish on some reef or other (Try it - it's quite relaxing). I assume that the camera somehow changes the light waves reflecting from the fish and their environment into a form directly transmissible over the net so that my equipment can receive it and change it back into light waves which I see with my eyes. Am I seeing the fish or not?

You assume that somehow the Camera changes the light waves reflecting from the fish ... That's the whole analogous problem. How does the Camera change the Light waves? That's what I want to know about Conscious Visual perception. You cant say that the Neurons somehow create the Conscious experience you have to explain How the Neurons do that.

SteveKlinko
Regular Poster
Posts: 568
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:14 pm
Contact:

Re: The Inter Mind

Postby SteveKlinko » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:01 pm

Poodle wrote:Ah - Matthew beat me to it. Steve, you can't go around adding definitions to things you invented before you provide proof that your concept is correct, otherwise the entire universe is up for grabs. In the course of our evolution from the classical protoplasmic blobs (which lived in the sea, a place where it's a lot easier to live with very little support for our bodies) to the prime specimens we are today, certain systems have developed - the skeletal and muscular systems so that we don't struggle to move, the digestive system so that we don't die of starvation ,,, you know the stuff. Oh - and the nervous system so that we don't have to turn ourselves inside out to make sense of the environment in which we live. All our senses live in the nervous system, Steve, and they didn't get there overnight - nor did our brains become encased in bone overnight, but it's a good job that they DID become encased in bone, otherwise we'd probably all be dead. Now, here's a simple definition of what the nervous system does ... it collects and processes information from the sensory organs via nerves and the brain and tells the muscles to contract to cause physical actions (thanks, Internet).
It took a long, long, long. long, long, long, long, long time for that nervous system to develop and, no doubt, evolution sometimes chose incremental changes which promptly died out because they didn't work (please note that evolution isn't directed in any way). One thing which would definitely not work is any of our senses providing the brain with a bad analogue of external events - that way lies extinction as a more successful adaptation gets to all the food first.
What we've ended up with is a body which very successfully survives in its environment, the whole of which is interpreted via our senses. We experience high-energy molecular agitation as heat. We can't sense high-energy molecular agitation as anything else but heat, because we have only our skins and the nervous system with which to sense it. But there's no heat out there, Steve - just high-energy molecular agitation which we choose to call heat when we interface with it - if our skin gets a dose, it 'heats' up. Oh - and infra-red radiation, of course which, although not 'hot' in and of itself, will certainly heat up your skin and send a 'hot' message to the brain.
We experience a certain range of air-vibrations as sound, as we've developed a tympanic membrane and associated mechanisms to do exactly that. But there's no sound out there, Steve - it's just vibrations in air.
How about smell and taste (very closely related)? We have developed sensitive molecular detectors in our tongues and noses (I don't have to tell you what they do, I'm sure) - but there's no smell or taste out there, Steve - just certain molecules which we can distinguish.
And we come to light and use the same argument - there's no light out there, Steve. It's just electromagnetic radiation within a range of frequencies to which our sensory system is sensitive. That's it, pure and simple, We 'see' light because we have evolved a system that provides us with an analogue of what is out there. There is no colour out there - merely a range of frequencies. Colour differentiation occurs internally. Colour definition and labelling is a purely internal function and our visual system has evolved solely to provide that function.
They're all survival adaptations, Steve. Nothing mystical there. Until our sensory nerves begin to fire off, there is no smell, no taste, no hearing, no touch and no vision. No vision at all. So to ask what is the meaning of red external to our sensory system is navel-gazing, as it doesn't exist. Red is what is signalled after electromagnetic radiation of the appropriate frequency has entered our eyes and been processed by our visual system. It is an internal human experience. Our brains are wired to say 'red' (or blue or whatever). There is no 'conscious' experience as opposed to 'external' stimulus. Red is, was, and always will be an internal concept (as is any other colour). There is no conscious light as opposed to physical light or physical light as opposed to conscious light. Occam's Razor applies.

Sure but how do analogues get created? What are they? You cant just say the word analogues and that is supposed to explain anything.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9583
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The Inter Mind

Postby Poodle » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:52 pm

Well, yes I can, Steve - because they're analogues. Without your human-developed analogues the world is a place abounding with energy of all sorts, but it isn't lit up like a fairground, and the wind isn't howling and the concept of two hands clapping is meaningless. The analogues developed as biological organisms developed - they are products of biology, not planet-building. They are an integral part of being an Earth animal (and, in different ways, plants). You may as well ask what created breathing as a method of oxygen intake - it's simply the way it developed. There is no meaningful reason why we don't interpret light frequencies as sound (other than it probably wouldn't work well and then ... evolution, y'know?). I keep saying that we see colours the way we do because that's the way we do it - it's the way in which humans developed. Other animals can see in the infra-red range because it's useful to them - it became a survival advantage. But it's all based simply upon what's there to be sensed, and that exists even if there's no life around.
So I CAN just say analogues, because that's what they are. They are HUMAN representations of external phenomena, and the representations are created by the nervous system because that's the reason for the existence of the nervous system. As far as I know, no organism has developed any sensory system and then later taken a vote to determine what it's going to be used for.
I've told you before, Steve - you are a classic example of the unnecessary multiplication of entities. “Nothing ought to be posited without a reason given, unless it is self-evident or known by experience or proved by the authority of Sacred Scripture.” said Willy Ockham, and he was right (except for the god-bothering bit).

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: The Inter Mind

Postby mirror93 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:16 pm

Steve, Placid is now claiming that in her religion she has to believe that you don't exist and that you are possessed by some "consciousness" that is "no one". How you respond to this?
:paladin:

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: The Inter Mind

Postby mirror93 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:20 pm

placid wrote:Adolf Hilter was ruled by the ego. Not by his higher SELF.

For more information on understanding what the EGO is... and why the ego does what it does...read more here..

https://forum.philosophynow.org/viewtop ... 10&t=25030

If you're not interested and just prefer to call this religious BS, then you'll stay ignorant and be a slave to your mind instead of it's master, it's you're choice, it's you're prerogative as unconditional love,free will and karma dictates.

No one has superior knowledge over anyone else, you are the knowledge keepers, the truth is within you. For you are truth.

______

You will stop being afraid of threats and looking stupid and caring about what other people think when you know truth. It's so worth all the effort to know truth.

But no one is forcing you to take it, only you can hold that position.

______

If this is what you call spamming, then so be it, makes no difference to the liberated one, I will pass this way only once. No one ever forced you to look at you're real self, you have to do that all alone.


Did you ever realized the fact that you are utterly brainwashed by your religion and not a single person here discusses your religious material? Were just debunking your {!#%@} here
:paladin:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28533
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Debunk / The Inter Mind Religion

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:29 am

placid wrote:Adolf Hilter was ruled by the ego. Not by his higher SELF.


However, what Placid originally posted about Hitler on our forum, was more along the lines of Placid, the neo-nazi, not liking "Jewish science"
placid wrote: Where do people get the information that Hitler was a nasty Jew-killer?
placid wrote: Do your own research into the truth of Hitler's Germany?
placid wrote: Hitler had to do something, He was a leader trying to protect his country,
placid wrote: Hitler was coerced into war by forces higher up on the political chessboard,
placid wrote: we cannot hold him entirely responsible for what happened. Hitler was not the baddie that people make him out to be


Placid attempted to delete all his pro-Hitler posts but I kept them for our mutual future enjoyment.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Placid? Tell us about your hero, Savitri Devi :lol: :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28533
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Debunk / The Inter Mind Religion

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:33 am

Dimebag wrote: I would hesitate to call Steve's concepts of Conscious Light and Physical Light religious.

There is no actual light anywhere in your consciousness which occurs in the physical brain. Steve Klinko's religious belief makes no sense from its first religious premise.

Secondly, Steve Klinko claims there is a human non-physical consciousness. Well how in hell did that non-physical consciousness evolve if DNA can only produce and evolve physical molecules?

Stop and think for a second. All of our defined consciousness is defined by our physical DNA. Tell me what magic defines and allows for the evolution of this magical non-physical brain? It is a magical ghost like thing. :lol: :lol:

I know you will not answer this question as it fundamentally destroys Steve Klinko's religion in one go.
Klinko 3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1365
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Debunk / The Inter Mind Religion

Postby placid » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:19 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Placid attempted to delete all his pro-Hitler posts but I kept them for our mutual future enjoyment.


I fail to see what a past conversation has got anything to do with the present moment, which is this discussion about the Inter Mind.

But the reason I deleted my posts back in the day was because I didn't believe they would be perceived very well, I knew that what I was attempting to talk about would not be understood by the majority of people on this forum. So I took the choice to erase everything and leave the forum. I knew that talking about Nonduality would cause some confusion, so my only agenda was to remove the confusion by deleting all my posts. Of course I was deluded to think deleting would bring closure to my bad and obvious failed attempt to discuss the nondual nature of reality. Because there is always someone who is going to have an issue with a particular opinion. And besides, all information exists forever, it cannot be deleted out of existence.
And my point is that the human avatar is exactly that, it is invisible information turned into this visible movie in the form of images...by consciousness.

My problem was, is that I could not stay away, I had to continue with my view that reality is Nondual. So that is why I have returned here.

My point is, that there is only Conciousness ...which is no thing being everything.
Every event or action is carried out by everything which is no thing...not one isolated single thing can do anything, in other words man is not the doer.

I really do believe that that statement is not fully understood by the mind. Hitler didn't kill anyone, it was everything and no thing killing those people. Can the mind accept and understand that?

But it is the mind that says..I did this, or I did that, I am this or that...this is the delusion, which has to be understood for what it is.



So now I don't care about how this message is perceived, I'm going to do this my way whether it is mocked or ignored or liked or whatever, I have an opinion just like anyone else, and I'm going to give it.

In my opinion, there is only love which is unconditional all allowing, meaning there is freedom of choice, to kill or not to kill, nothing is binding an action to go a certain way, for all action is unconditionally free to act how ever it chooses. And because it's unbounded and free, means every choice is a choiceless choice. All choice is made by everything and no thing.

Love is everything and no thing, it is not tyrannical to the point it doesn't allow a certain action, while totally permitting another. This is not how true love operates. False love is ego, and ego is the trap that most minds are in.

_____

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1365
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: The Inter Mind

Postby placid » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:29 am

What I would like to know is ...

Is talking about the nondual nature of reality wrong, is it an offense, is it classed as spamming, or trolling, or coming from someone who is stupid, uneducated, is it really religious to have these thoughts, who gets to decide what can be talked about, is it wrong to hold to ones own beliefs even though they do not compute with others, it is wrong to think for yourself, to come up with your own ideas, from your own direct experience, or do we have to be told how things are, do we have to only follow other peoples ideas and forget about our own?

If that is the case, then that's the tyranny of the identified mind that likes to play the role of God. And because love is unconditionally all allowing, it grants the identified mind centre stage. It allows the ego to play God. Something that is debunked by the skeptic...how strange the twists and turns the mind conjures up to suit it's own agenda, while life in reality has no agenda other than to just be itself without comparison.
So be it.

________

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1365
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Debunk / The Inter Mind Religion

Postby placid » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:35 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: Well how in hell did that non-physical consciousness evolve if DNA can only produce and evolve physical molecules?



Consciousness doesn't evolve. It's the DNA programmer, the progamme evolves not the programmer.

DNA is a programme that consciousness is driving.

__

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1365
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: The Inter Mind

Postby placid » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:43 am

mirror93 wrote:
Did you ever realized the fact that you are utterly brainwashed by your religion and not a single person here discusses your religious material? Were just debunking your {!#%@} here



Did you ever realise that you are attempting to debunk that which only exists as a mental narrative, a story, the past that is no longer present.

Can you debunk this present moment right now, that now is all there is, and it's totally pure, only thought says otherwise, a total delusion...thought is always of past tense, after any event has come and gone, try debunking this immediate present now, right now and see what happens, you'll see nothing happens, and life will continue the same as it ever was/is.

_____

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9583
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The Inter Mind

Postby Poodle » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:01 am

placid wrote:What I would like to know is ...

Is talking about the nondual nature of reality wrong, is it an offense, is it classed as spamming, or trolling, or coming from someone who is stupid, uneducated, is it really religious to have these thoughts, who gets to decide what can be talked about, is it wrong to hold to ones own beliefs even though they do not compute with others, it is wrong to think for yourself, to come up with your own ideas, from your own direct experience, or do we have to be told how things are, do we have to only follow other peoples ideas and forget about our own?

When it's in a thread which someone else started on a subject which has so little to do with your pathetic ramblings, you're darn tootin' right it's spamming. Please start your own thread so that it can sink into the sunset just like all of your others.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1365
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: The Inter Mind

Postby placid » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:58 pm

Poodle wrote:
placid wrote:What I would like to know is ...

Is talking about the nondual nature of reality wrong, is it an offense, is it classed as spamming, or trolling, or coming from someone who is stupid, uneducated, is it really religious to have these thoughts, who gets to decide what can be talked about, is it wrong to hold to ones own beliefs even though they do not compute with others, it is wrong to think for yourself, to come up with your own ideas, from your own direct experience, or do we have to be told how things are, do we have to only follow other peoples ideas and forget about our own?

When it's in a thread which someone else started on a subject which has so little to do with your pathetic ramblings, you're darn tootin' right it's spamming. Please start your own thread so that it can sink into the sunset just like all of your others.


Okay, bye Steve, it was nice discussing the consciousness subject with you.

I've got to leave now, because I've been told I'm a pathetic spamming troll that rambles on about stuff that has nothing to do you with your subject. See you around. Good luck with your quest for solving the hard question of consciousness. :D

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9583
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The Inter Mind

Postby Poodle » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:11 pm

Going back to your original statement, Steve, I now see that this entire thread could have been much shorter.
You said "The implications of the Inter Mind Model of Consciousness lead to some very interesting realizations. The Inter Mind Model develops a concept of Conscious Space and Conscious Mind separate from Physical Space and Physical Mind ..."
We can now safely lose the concepts of Conscious Space and Physical Mind (assuming you've read and understood my recent posts in which I point out that there's nowhere for such things to be), leaving only Physical Space and Conscious Mind to play with. Insisting upon the existence of the two defunct concepts puts this thread in the realms of religious belief rather than Brain, Mind and Consciousness.
Of course, if you could establish the existence of a conscious space or a physical mind rather than merely insisting upon their existence, the whole thing's a different ball game.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28533
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Debunk / The Inter Mind Religion

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:59 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:Placid attempted to delete all his pro-Hitler posts but I kept them for our mutual future enjoyment.
placid wrote: I fail to see what a past conversation has got anything to do with the present moment....
...but Placid.....you claim you don't exist, so there is no "I" who fails to see my point. Did you forget your own religion again? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

placid wrote: I knew that talking about Nonduality would cause some confusion....
You were posting about your love for Adolf Hitler. That's why you deleted your posts. :lol: :lol: :lol:
placid wrote: Where do people get the information that Hitler was a nasty Jew-killer?
placid wrote: Do your own research into the truth of Hitler's Germany?
placid wrote: Hitler had to do something, He was a leader trying to protect his country,
placid wrote: Hitler was coerced into war by forces higher up on the political chessboard,
placid wrote: we cannot hold him entirely responsible for what happened. Hitler was not the baddie that people make him out to be

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28533
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Debunk / The Inter Mind Religion

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:06 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: Well how in hell did that non-physical consciousness evolve if DNA can only produce and evolve physical molecules?
placid wrote:Consciousness doesn't evolve.
So you have the same consciousness processing power as an early paramecium?

I'm starting to see your problem.
:lol: :lol: :lol:


placid wrote:(Consciousness) It's the DNA programmer, the progamme evolves not the programmer.
So tell us all. How does consciousness create new DNA sequences in evolution? Are you saying giraffes that really really think a lot about becoming taller change their DNA and become taller? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You don't know what evolution is do you? That's OK. Steve Klinko also doesn't know what evolution is. :lol: :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28533
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Debunk / The Inter Mind Religion

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:08 am

placid wrote: I've got to leave now, because I've been told I'm a pathetic spamming troll that rambles on about stuff that has nothing to do you with your subject.

Close the door behind you on your way out, thanks...... :D

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: The Inter Mind

Postby mirror93 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:41 pm

Placid claims Matthew has no consciousness of his own and is a word
Placid then keep discussing with Matthew
Placid contradicts herself
Last edited by mirror93 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:paladin:

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: The Inter Mind

Postby mirror93 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:42 pm

Placid claims Steve dont exist
Placid then tell Steve it was nice discussing his nonexistence with him
Placid contradicts herself
:paladin:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28533
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Debunk / The Inter Mind Religion

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:29 am

I agree with your two posts above this.

I simply think, that Placid had a concentration span of five seconds.

Placid continuously contradicted Placid's own religious position. When this was pointed out, Placid simply posted Placid's stock standard incoherent garbage responses, hoping we would forget what Placid wrote. A day later Placid would forget this and write exactly the same garbage.

It is just a behavioural cycle.
:D

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1365
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Debunk / The Inter Mind Religion

Postby placid » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:59 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:...but Placid.....you claim you don't exist, so there is no "I" who fails to see my point. Did you forget your own religion again?

Placid doesn't exist, placid is a concept arising from nowhere, in no thing. The you that you think you are doesn't exist, you are no thing. I am no thing, this is no thing, everything is no thing. Did you forget who you were again? :lol: :lol: :lol:

placid wrote: I knew that talking about Nonduality would cause some confusion....


Matthew Ellard wrote:You were posting about your love for Adolf Hitler. That's why you deleted your posts.


You, aka no one, read my aka no one's post adding you're own twist to it, how you perceived it, which was wrong.
I aka no one said, Adolf hitler was the action figure that consciousness uses to express itself, and that this particular expression was an event of mass killing. It was an act of unconditional love...the freedom that does what ever it does. There is no one to love an action figure because there is no person in an action figure, it's the mechanical vehicle that consciousness aka no thing uses to do what it loves doing. There is only love in the universe.

The human is lifes number 1 predator ..look at how man treats the animals when those innocent animals become a source of food for man, even though man can and will survive a meat free diet, but man cares only for himself, he is selfish to the core. The cruelty of man means no animals have any rights, but man himself has ordained himself rights, it's so distorted...in a nutshell, life in the human realm is brutal while man continues to think and believe he is the doer. But of course this is all the dreamstory arising nowhere, to no thing..in reality man is not the doer, so until man realises he is not the doer, he will continue his barbaric nature and be the worlds number 1 predator, even to himself, not only physically, but mentally too.


So, I will continue to keep repeating this to you until you finally understand what is meant by every action is an action of unconditional love. No matter how many times you desire to distort the truth of what was said, no matter how many times you desire to twist it round to your own distorted understanding, I will be here to twist it back into shape again, because loves desire is to make the crooked straight..to turn chaos into order.

Denying the shadow self is futile, the light wins every time. Even though that terrible shadow event happened, it was just an expression of love that was free to choose in every moment. What ever appears and disappears does so with all credit due to the one and only animating spirit that is consciousness, the light of consciousness makes all life possible, and in any event, be it positive or negative, the light goes on shining and reigns supreme, this love goes on loving same as it ever was/is.

______

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1365
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Debunk / The Inter Mind Religion

Postby placid » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:03 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
placid wrote: I've got to leave now, because I've been told I'm a pathetic spamming troll that rambles on about stuff that has nothing to do you with your subject.

Close the door behind you on your way out, thanks...... :D


Not when it's a revolving door.

There is no beginning, nor ending to life that is living itself infinitely for eternity.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1365
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Debunk / The Inter Mind Religion

Postby placid » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:34 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:So you have the same consciousness processing power as an early paramecium?

I'm starting to see your problem.


No one or thing has consciousness ...consciousness is not a concept or thing, but appears as and though all things, namely the action figure that is the body, the mechanistic vehicle that records and replays the movie of life downloaded from the infinite field of infomation according to it's particular dimensional programme and frequency...this is all explained in the study of metaphysics.


Matthew Ellard wrote:So tell us all. How does consciousness create new DNA sequences in evolution? Are you saying giraffes that really really think a lot about becoming taller change their DNA and become taller?

The programme sequence is like a page in a book, a frame on a reel of film, the mind is the player, unfolding the movie of life frame by frame, ...since the whole book or film cannot happen all at once, it can only appear as and through each and every mechanical body mind view finder..as this ever unfolding process appearing now as it is happening in realtime and space.


No concept has ever been seen, concepts are only known arising nowhere, in no thing. Life is inconceiveable. It's the son of a barren woman. All things are Images of the imageless believed to be real. Thoughts believed to be real is the mind of knowledge, it a story upon the screen of awareness...author unknown, invisible, and nowhere to be found within the programme, for the programme is the looked upon...and that which is looking cannot look at the looker, only the programme.

Matthew Ellard wrote:You don't know what evolution is do you? That's OK. Steve Klinko also doesn't know what evolution is.


You don't even know what this you is that you think exists do you ? you only believe it exists, you have no idea who or what this you is do you... :lol:

If you are so certain this you exists...do disclose, can you pinpoint it's exact location? ...haha, this is so funny.

No one has ever witnessed evolution, it's just a story of changing forms from one thing to another, the witness of such activity has never been seen, so the story is believed :lol:

__

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Debunk / The Inter Mind Religion

Postby mirror93 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:36 am

I really worry about Placid's sanity and mental health. Now I'm being serious. That repetitive behavior isn't just religious, it may be something really serious, some kind of mental illness (no jokes).I wonder if her family ever noticed something unusual about her. Or maybe they already know
:paladin:

User avatar
Dimebag
Regular Poster
Posts: 781
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:05 pm

Re: Debunk / The Inter Mind Religion

Postby Dimebag » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:03 am

mirror93 wrote:I really worry about Placid's sanity and mental health. Now I'm being serious. That repetitive behavior isn't just religious, it may be something really serious, some kind of mental illness (no jokes).I wonder if her family ever noticed something unusual about her. Or maybe they already know

Placids view of the illusory nature of the self is a result of her teachings of non duality, but also of the introspection which results from such teachings. When you look inward long enough you fail to find the essence of you, and only seem to notice the moment to moment parts of existence, you realise that the self is transient, comprised of parts which continually change, none of which you can point to and say, 'that is the self'. As a result, one then comes to think that the self is an illusion, that there is no self, that there is only experience, with no subject. The view is essentially, there is no atomic unit of self, therefore there is no self. I personally don't agree with this view, although there was a time when I might have shared this view. However, the self is pragmatically present, even if not present as a singular entity. It is a construction, as are all things beyond the most elemental of things.

So to conclude, much of what placid says to me has a ring of truth, however, I think it fails to realise that although there is no elemental self, there is a conglomerated self, and that is better, because it allows change and adaptation, and to continually shed the unneeded and discover a new more adapted self.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31617
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Debunk / The Inter Mind Religion

Postby Gord » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:09 am

mirror93 wrote:I really worry about Placid's sanity and mental health. Now I'm being serious. That repetitive behavior isn't just religious, it may be something really serious, some kind of mental illness (no jokes).I wonder if her family ever noticed something unusual about her. Or maybe they already know

Ditto.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31617
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Debunk / The Inter Mind Religion

Postby Gord » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:09 am

mirror93 wrote:I really worry about Placid's sanity and mental health. Now I'm being serious. That repetitive behavior isn't just religious, it may be something really serious, some kind of mental illness (no jokes).I wonder if her family ever noticed something unusual about her. Or maybe they already know

Ditto.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31617
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Debunk / The Inter Mind Religion

Postby Gord » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:09 am

mirror93 wrote:I really worry about Placid's sanity and mental health. Now I'm being serious. That repetitive behavior isn't just religious, it may be something really serious, some kind of mental illness (no jokes).I wonder if her family ever noticed something unusual about her. Or maybe they already know

Ditto infinity + 1.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28533
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Debunk / The Inter Mind Religion

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:25 am

placid wrote: Placid doesn't exist, placid is a concept arising from nowhere, in no thing.
Well that explains the posts by Placid, void of any coherent meaning. It doesn't explain why Placid is so desperate to log into the forum to tell us nothing... :lol:

placid wrote: I knew that talking about Nonduality would cause some confusion....
Yet here you are again, offering your repetitive incoherent confusing spams again while simultaneously expressing your love for Adolf Hitler.
Hitler playing guitar.jpg


placid wrote: Adolf hitler was the action figure that consciousness uses to express itself, and that this particular expression was an event of mass killing. It was an act of unconditional love.
I'm sorry your parents didn't love you in the same way. :lol: :lol:

However, your previous "I love Hitler and hate Jews" posts were a bit more direct and not "philosophical" at all.

placid previously wrote: Where do people get the information that Hitler was a nasty Jew-killer?
placid previously wrote: Do your own research into the truth of Hitler's Germany?
placid previously wrote: Hitler had to do something, He was a leader trying to protect his country,
placid previously wrote: Hitler was coerced into war by forces higher up on the political chessboard,
placid previously wrote: we cannot hold him entirely responsible for what happened. Hitler was not the baddie that people make him out to be
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28533
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Debunk / The Inter Mind Religion

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:39 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:You don't know what evolution is do you? That's OK. Steve Klinko also doesn't know what evolution is.
placid wrote:No one has ever witnessed evolution, it's just a story of changing forms from one thing to another,....
Next time you get a superbug infection from a evolved strain that can resist penicillin.......tell the doctor not to bother treating you as you don't believe in evolution.

That will speed up the removal of your DNA sequences from the current human gene pool.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Placid Tombstone.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SteveKlinko
Regular Poster
Posts: 568
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:14 pm
Contact:

Re: The Inter Mind

Postby SteveKlinko » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:59 pm

Poodle wrote: I keep saying that we see colours the way we do because that's the way we do it - it's the way in which humans developed.

I cut out this one phrase from your response because it exemplifies everything you have ever said. You added "the way we do" which is an obvious distraction from the real question. The question is not why do we see colors in a certain way but rather How do we see Colors in the first place. You are answering the Why but not the How of Color experience. It has been known for a hundred years that the colors that we see were probably evolved to help us see the Red fruit on the background of the Green leaves for a simple example. That's the Why. The question you never answer is How do we experience the Red or the Green.

Its like saying the Allies invented RADAR during WWII so they could get advanced notice of approaching enemy aircraft. And then saying that explains How RADAR works. The first sentence is the Why the second sentence is the How. I am unable to understand how you can't understand that the second sentence does not explain How RADAR works. But actually I know you will understand this for the RADAR case but I don't understand why you can't understand this for the case of Conscious experience.

SteveKlinko
Regular Poster
Posts: 568
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:14 pm
Contact:

Re: The Inter Mind

Postby SteveKlinko » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:04 pm

mirror93 wrote:Steve, Placid is now claiming that in her religion she has to believe that you don't exist and that you are possessed by some "consciousness" that is "no one". How you respond to this?

I have told Placid a bunch of times that I don't understand her Philosophies. But since Science has Zero understanding of Consciousness everything is still on the table. Maybe she's right.

SteveKlinko
Regular Poster
Posts: 568
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:14 pm
Contact:

The Inter Mind Model of Consciousness

Postby SteveKlinko » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:07 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Dimebag wrote: I would hesitate to call Steve's concepts of Conscious Light and Physical Light religious.

There is no actual light anywhere in your consciousness which occurs in the physical brain. Steve Klinko's religious belief makes no sense from its first religious premise.

Secondly, Steve Klinko claims there is a human non-physical consciousness. Well how in hell did that non-physical consciousness evolve if DNA can only produce and evolve physical molecules?

Stop and think for a second. All of our defined consciousness is defined by our physical DNA. Tell me what magic defines and allows for the evolution of this magical non-physical brain? It is a magical ghost like thing. :lol: :lol:

I know you will not answer this question as it fundamentally destroys Steve Klinko's religion in one go.
Klinko 3.jpg

I know I'm getting old but heck, I don't remember saying that.

SteveKlinko
Regular Poster
Posts: 568
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:14 pm
Contact:

Re: The Inter Mind

Postby SteveKlinko » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:12 pm

Poodle wrote:Going back to your original statement, Steve, I now see that this entire thread could have been much shorter.
You said "The implications of the Inter Mind Model of Consciousness lead to some very interesting realizations. The Inter Mind Model develops a concept of Conscious Space and Conscious Mind separate from Physical Space and Physical Mind ..."
We can now safely lose the concepts of Conscious Space and Physical Mind (assuming you've read and understood my recent posts in which I point out that there's nowhere for such things to be), leaving only Physical Space and Conscious Mind to play with. Insisting upon the existence of the two defunct concepts puts this thread in the realms of religious belief rather than Brain, Mind and Consciousness.
Of course, if you could establish the existence of a conscious space or a physical mind rather than merely insisting upon their existence, the whole thing's a different ball game.

I keep telling you to read Arguments for the Conscious Mind and Arguments for the Inter Mind on http://TheInterMind.com, and assuming you have read that then I guess I have been unable to convince you. Can't win them all. But thank You for trying.

SteveKlinko
Regular Poster
Posts: 568
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:14 pm
Contact:

Re: The Inter Mind

Postby SteveKlinko » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:16 pm

placid wrote:
Poodle wrote:
placid wrote:What I would like to know is ...

Is talking about the nondual nature of reality wrong, is it an offense, is it classed as spamming, or trolling, or coming from someone who is stupid, uneducated, is it really religious to have these thoughts, who gets to decide what can be talked about, is it wrong to hold to ones own beliefs even though they do not compute with others, it is wrong to think for yourself, to come up with your own ideas, from your own direct experience, or do we have to be told how things are, do we have to only follow other peoples ideas and forget about our own?

When it's in a thread which someone else started on a subject which has so little to do with your pathetic ramblings, you're darn tootin' right it's spamming. Please start your own thread so that it can sink into the sunset just like all of your others.


Okay, bye Steve, it was nice discussing the consciousness subject with you.

I've got to leave now, because I've been told I'm a pathetic spamming troll that rambles on about stuff that has nothing to do you with your subject. See you around. Good luck with your quest for solving the hard question of consciousness. :D

Thank You. It's my thread and you are welcome to stay. They are just mad because they have no theories of Consciousness that are rooted in any real Science and they think it is all explained already. Must be frustrating.

SteveKlinko
Regular Poster
Posts: 568
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:14 pm
Contact:

Re: Debunk / The Inter Mind Religion

Postby SteveKlinko » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:22 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:You don't know what evolution is do you? That's OK. Steve Klinko also doesn't know what evolution is.
placid wrote:No one has ever witnessed evolution, it's just a story of changing forms from one thing to another,....
Next time you get a superbug infection from a evolved strain that can resist penicillin.......tell the doctor not to bother treating you as you don't believe in evolution.

That will speed up the removal of your DNA sequences from the current human gene pool.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Placid Tombstone.jpg

Interesting. Your maturity is actually devolving.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9583
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The Inter Mind

Postby Poodle » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:34 pm

SteveKlinko wrote:
Poodle wrote: I keep saying that we see colours the way we do because that's the way we do it - it's the way in which humans developed.

I cut out this one phrase from your response because it exemplifies everything you have ever said. You added "the way we do" which is an obvious distraction from the real question. The question is not why do we see colors in a certain way but rather How do we see Colors in the first place. You are answering the Why but not the How of Color experience. It has been known for a hundred years that the colors that we see were probably evolved to help us see the Red fruit on the background of the Green leaves for a simple example. That's the Why. The question you never answer is How do we experience the Red or the Green.

Its like saying the Allies invented RADAR during WWII so they could get advanced notice of approaching enemy aircraft. And then saying that explains How RADAR works. The first sentence is the Why the second sentence is the How. I am unable to understand how you can't understand that the second sentence does not explain How RADAR works. But actually I know you will understand this for the RADAR case but I don't understand why you can't understand this for the case of Conscious experience.

Hmmmm ... You do keep cutting the bits out that you can answer, Steve, and miss the important bits. There is a complete explanation in this thread of how we see colours, and I (amongst others) have addressed it.


Return to “Brain, Mind, & Consciousness”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest