Pope reverts to type

God, the FSM, and everything else.
Abdul Alhazred
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Yes that one.

Pope reverts to type

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:13 am

Still the world's biggest child rape conspiracy.

Pope shocks Chile by accusing sex abuse victims of slander (AP)

SANTIAGO, Chile (AP) — Pope Francis accused victims of Chile’s most notorious pedophile of slander Thursday, an astonishing end to a visit meant to help heal the wounds of a sex abuse scandal that has cost the Catholic Church its credibility in the country.

Francis said that until he sees proof that Bishop Juan Barros was complicit in covering up the sex crimes of the Rev. Fernando Karadimas, such accusations against Barros are “all calumny.”

The pope’s remarks drew shock from Chileans and immediate rebuke from victims and their advocates. They noted the accusers were deemed credible enough by the Vatican that it sentenced Karadima to a lifetime of “penance and prayer” for his crimes in 2011. A Chilean judge also found the victims to be credible, saying that while she had to drop criminal charges against Karadima because too much time had passed, proof of his crimes wasn’t lacking.

Aldous Huxley wrote:A government with a comprehensive plan for the betterment of society is a government that uses torture.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Re: Pope reverts to type

Post by Aztexan » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:22 am

Inside every altarboy is a Catholic priest waiting to pull out.
trump is Putin's bitch

Phoenix76
Poster
Custom Title: Phoenix76

Post by Phoenix76 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:10 am

Well what do you expect from the leader of the religion that has probably the highest rates of sexual abuse in the modern world.

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Post by OlegTheBatty » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:40 pm

Phoenix76 wrote:Well what do you expect from the leader of the religion that has probably the highest rates of sexual abuse in the modern world.

Oh. :oops:

I thought the thread title meant he'd given up handwriting.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:45 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Phoenix76 wrote:Well what do you expect from the leader of the religion that has probably the highest rates of sexual abuse in the modern world.

Well, he is the font of God's word.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:53 am

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
OlegTheBatty wrote:

Well, he is the font of God's word.

Comic Sans?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Phoenix76
Poster
Custom Title: Phoenix76

Post by Phoenix76 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:22 am

OlegTheBatty wrote:

Nah, sorry Oleg, not that "type of type".

I hate religion at the best of times, but when such a high profile person as the Pope starts blaming the victims, well my hate magnifies immensely. If he was fair dinkum (an Australianism), then he would pull (bad choice of words maybe) his priests and other clergy into line. However, I doubt he has any power to enable this "pulling" (can't help it) into line.

To me he is a figurehead who can make new rules for his church, and supposedly they are binding upon the church members, but how the hell can he ever enforce any rule at all, especially when his clergy are out there being naughty little boys and girls (no, I didn't forget the nuns, they're no better). What will be,will be.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Post by Poodle » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:05 pm

The Pope can enforce rules all he likes, but kiddy-fiddling is illegal full stop (where civilisation exists, at least). The Pope is not needed to stamp out what is, essentially, one of the worst possible crimes. Get the bastards behind bars - preferably for a very long time.
I have to admit that my attitude is coloured by a sub-2-year old who is staring at me at this very moment. If I can't look after her, I'm a complete failure.