Important notice to everyone

God, the FSM, and everything else.
Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby Gord » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:03 pm

Omniverse wrote:That is, this view of mine has been an issue for me and I wish to talk it out if you don't mind.

Have you tried posting on a philosophy forum: https://thephilosophyforum.com/discussi ... edonism/p1
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:20 am

Gord wrote:
Omniverse wrote:That is, this view of mine has been an issue for me and I wish to talk it out if you don't mind.

Have you tried posting on a philosophy forum: https://thephilosophyforum.com/discussi ... edonism/p1

I think he was banned from there already. He uses the name the Transcendental Omniverse on some other forums, where he is spamming the same crap. Here he is trolling, on the Religious forum, yesterday.

https://www.religiousforums.com/threads ... ne.199918/

Confidencia
Poster

Postby Confidencia » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:14 am

Omniverse wrote:I have struggled with depression/misery in my life and it has led me to this worldview.

Everybody is depressed and miserable, just look at everybodies face whilst you are out and about and you will see the depth of despair and there are no exceptions. Some people are good at disguising it others are not. Even on this forum the depression of its members manifests in some rather parculiar ways.

Take dr ellard for instance, the text book massive. Anybody that does not post according to conventional wisdom becomes a target of abuse for him. Why is this? Obviously because he is depressed and miserable himself. But why his he depressed and miserable? Because he has been abused, and bullied in his infancy hence the reason why he abuses and bullies other members here on this forum. He appears to be still in his infancy because he hasn't the strength of character or intelligence to rise above it, thus battles with little man syndrome. You can bet your life this guy is doing the same thing he accuses everybody else of doing,. Trolling on other sites with different user names and abusing other members on other forums. This infantile behaviour is an integral part of his personality disorder.

But my point to all of this is the war that we start with ourselves from birth. All of a sudden we become conscious from an early age. But unfortunately we are at the mercy of our environment, we are at the mercy of our parents, family, extended family. Our society, community, neighbourhood, schools and institutions. We are bombarded with so much information that it becomes overwhelming. There is no time to figure it all out, more to the point we haven't the cognisance to analyse the shear volume of it so we just accept it all as the norm without jolt.

The moment you are born you are at war with yourself and the environment. You have been told this is your name, these are your parents, this is your family, you live here. And this sets the precedence for the forthcoming years. You go to school, college and/or university to be fed more BS but by now this indentured servitude has carved out an identity so strong that it becomes almost impossible to think outside the box of this prescribed consensus.

Why do you think you are miserable? You are taking yourself to be something that you are not. Somebody, anybody will tell you that you are a person but have you investigated? Do you actually know what the person is? It can be defined in a few sentences. What you are in reality could never be defined even if you had all the time in the world. But yet you have accepted what you have been told and thus squeezed yourself into the small frame of a person and confined yourself to its image. This is the sum total of all your problems.

You will never be free of this miserabe depression as long as you take yourself to be the image. You can see the image and simple logic will tell you that whatever you see you can not be that.

Before you were born you were fine but then all of a sudden all this weight you are carrying just suddenly appeared. You need not have to create a world view, just see it as it is and you will come to know yourself as you are in reality. Whatever you create will invariably end up imprisoning you anyhow. So in reality you need to break the walls down in order to reveal your true identity not build them up. Real happiness can never be personal, you must find the strength and courage to liberate yourself from the personal. In reality life is always impersonal, never personal.
Last edited by Confidencia on Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Confidencia
Poster

Postby Confidencia » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:31 am

Gord wrote:

Everybody talks about their feelings Gord. Makes no difference whether you are a skeptic or a philosopher. It comes to the same. As a skeptic you talk about the things you like and a philosopher will talk about the things he likes. When it comes to the crunch they are just different ways of putting words together.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:51 am

Confidencia wrote:Everybody talks about their feelings Gord.

I feel ya, bro.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:13 am

Omniverse wrote:I am going to express what's on my mind in regards to how I see a depressed life.

Let us know when we're supposed to start giving {!#%@}.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Omniverse
Poster

Postby Omniverse » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:50 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Omniverse wrote:I am going to express what's on my mind in regards to how I see a depressed life.

I never said you or anyone else had to. I am just sharing what's on my mind in case there is anyone out there who would want to listen and engage in a discussion with me.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:08 pm

Omniverse wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:

I never said you or anyone else had to. I am just sharing what's on my mind in case there is anyone out there who would want to listen and engage in a discussion with me.

You and several thousand other gurus who come here looking for an audience.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:11 am

Confidencia wrote: Everybody is depressed and miserable.
Is that why people are on their summer holidays, enjoying themselves in the Northern Hemisphere?

Have you worked out, for a nanosecond, that you and Matt MSV7's silly pseudo-depressive posts are making us all laugh?
:lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:13 am

Here is Matt MSV7 AKA Omniverse's latest "composition". It is very sad. :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-FClkKSRN4

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: cognitively consonant

Postby Nikki Nyx » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:07 am

I've actually been diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder, but I'm not miserable. I have days where I'm dragging my ass around, but they're infrequent. When you have mood disorders, you have to be an active part of your own treatment plan.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:00 pm

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO EVERYONE

I, OlegTheBatty, do not intend to post in this thread.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:41 pm

Who didn't say that?
#ANDAMOVIE

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:58 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:IMPORTANT NOTICE TO EVERYONE

I, OlegTheBatty, do not intend to post in this thread.

Dually knot noted.

digress
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: doomer

Postby digress » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:05 pm

Omniverse wrote:If my explanation was too long for anyone to bother, then I will present my hypothesis here:

Our good moods/feelings (which I define as the states of well being induced by the various feel-good neurotransmitters/chemicals in the brain) are the only experiences that can give our lives a real perceptual quality (experience) of good value, worth, joy, beauty, inspiration, and happiness.

Peace is an intense feeling. You are using your mind to qualitate yourself, but your mind is a restless resource. The intensity of peace will not surround you if you are trapped in restlessness. Detach yourself from this perfect view. It is a destructive mistake.
  God is an idea.  

"For now, I am going to err on the side of freedom of speech..." -Pyrrho
"Every instance that has always existed is a piece of evidence that God is not needed." -yrreg
"I am not a concept..." -Confidencia

Confidencia
Poster

Postby Confidencia » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:09 pm

Gord wrote:
Confidencia wrote:Everybody talks about their feelings Gord.

I feel ya, bro.

Nuff Respect!

Confidencia
Poster

Postby Confidencia » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:13 pm

digress wrote:
Omniverse wrote:If my explanation was too long for anyone to bother, then I will present my hypothesis here:

Our good moods/feelings (which I define as the states of well being induced by the various feel-good neurotransmitters/chemicals in the brain) are the only experiences that can give our lives a real perceptual quality (experience) of good value, worth, joy, beauty, inspiration, and happiness.

Peace is an intense feeling. You are using your mind to qualitate yourself, but your mind is a restless resource. The intensity of peace will not surround you if you are trapped in restlessness. Detach yourself from this perfect view. It is a destructive mistake.

Imperfect view. Mind covers up and distorts the reality, it paints its own picture.

digress
Frequent Poster

Postby digress » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:25 pm

Confidencia wrote:Imperfect view. Mind covers up and distorts the reality, it paints its own picture.

Your mind doesn't distort reality because it's your responsibility to quiet the mind when the need arises. To put it all on the mind as the workings of the mind would be irresponsible.
  God is an idea.  

"Every instance that has always existed is a piece of evidence that God is not needed." -yrreg

Confidencia
Poster

Postby Confidencia » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:40 pm

digress wrote:
Confidencia wrote:Imperfect view. Mind covers up and distorts the reality, it paints its own picture.

Your mind doesn't distort reality because it's your responsibility to quiet the mind when the need arises.

If it didn't distort the reality there wouldn't be any need for its quiescence.

To put it all on the mind as the workings of the mind would be irresponsible.

Mind is irresponsible. Unless it is taken in hand and used for the things in which it is best suited there is no hope.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:45 pm

A bit like a penis, then.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:48 pm

Confidencia wrote:Mind is irresponsible. Unless it is taken in hand and used for the things in which it is best suited there is no hope.
Poodle wrote:A bit like a penis, then.
Confidencia is an expert on his smaller details. :D

digress
Frequent Poster

Postby digress » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:17 am

Confidencia wrote:
digress wrote:

Your mind doesn't distort reality because it's your responsibility to quiet the mind when the need arises.

No. Capability and knowledge are not the same.
  God is an idea.  

Omniverse
Poster

Postby Omniverse » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:59 am

Now, my only goal here is to summarize my worldview in such a way that people get the right interpretation of it. I have attempted many summaries in the past. However, many people did not get the right interpretation. Therefore, I will try one last time:

Summary of My Philosophy (Spiritual Universe): I do not believe in god, the afterlife, and the paranormal. I am undecided and keep an open mind. But I am going to use a spiritual metaphor/analogy anyway to get my point across. This analogy can also apply to a purely naturalistic universe where there is no god, afterlife, or paranormal. You would just have to change the analogy up a bit in your mind so that it suits a purely naturalistic universe. So, here is the analogy. The divine light energy of god is sheer intrinsic goodness, joy, love, happiness, and beauty.

This is not a value judgment. This is what the light energy of god truly is. God wanted us as his human creations to have this divine light in our lives as some form of conscious awareness. That awareness would be our positive emotions. It is only through having our positive emotions that we can perceive goodness, joy, love, happiness, and beauty in our lives. If this divine light gets taken away such as due to depression, emotional trauma, or any other factor, then we lose the light in our lives and we can no longer see anything good or beautiful anymore. We would either be perceiving nothing but darkness (the bad qualities of life) or perceiving nothing good or bad at all. No value judgment, mindset, way of thinking, or attitude alone can give our lives any real perceived good value in the absence of the divine light.

Summary of My Philosophy (Naturalistic Universe): Qualities such as good value, bad value, suffering, joy, love, beauty, hate, etc. are the higher qualities. In order to perceive these qualities, then that requires a higher (transcended) form of awareness. That awareness would be our emotions. It is only the positive emotions that allow us to perceive the positive qualities while it is only our negative emotions that allow us to perceive the negative qualities. Having neither positive nor negative emotions can only allow us to perceive basic qualities such as knowing that your microwave is running, seeing the trees outside, knowing certain concepts, ideas, and subjects, etc. It doesn't matter what mindset, value judgments, thoughts, and beliefs you have of your life possessing these perceived qualities in the absence of your emotions; you still cannot perceive them without your emotions.

Our consciousness possesses intrinsic qualities that give our lives the perception of good value, bad value, joy, beauty, suffering, happiness, and misery. These intrinsic qualities would be our positive and negative emotions. If I have chosen to get something done in my life without my positive emotions and I thought that it was something good and worthwhile to me, then that good value and worth would be completely bland and stale. Therefore, it wouldn't be any real good value and worth perceived in my life. As you can see here, there is a big difference between what we think as opposed to what something is actually like for us. If you thought that you were having the most joyful time of your life when, in reality, the intrinsic quality of this was bland and stale for you, then you wouldn't be having any real joy in your life.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:48 am

Omniverse wrote: Now, my only goal here is to summarize my worldview ......God wanted us as his human creations to have this divine light in our lives as some form of conscious awareness.

Try a religious forum. You are posting on a science forum. :lol:

Omniverse
Poster

Postby Omniverse » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:17 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Omniverse wrote: Now, my only goal here is to summarize my worldview ......God wanted us as his human creations to have this divine light in our lives as some form of conscious awareness.

Try a religious forum. You are posting on a science forum. :lol:

If you read further, then you would have realized it was just a metaphor/analogy and that you could change the analogy up a bit in your mind to suit a purely naturalistic universe.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:30 am

Matt MSV7 wrote:..God wanted us as his human creations to have this divine light in our lives as some form of conscious awareness.
Matthew Ellard wrote: Try a religious forum. You are posting on a science forum. :lol:
Matt MSV7 wrote: If you read further........
Why? You claimed God wanted humans to be like something. There is no such thing as "God"

Try a religious forum.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Matt MVS7 Trolling Thread No5

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:35 am

Just for the record, Matt MSV7 is copying and pasting "his speech" from his earlier trolling efforts on other forums.

Here it in on other forums.
:D
https://able2know.org/topic/401862-1

Omniverse
Poster

Postby Omniverse » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:44 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Matt MSV7 wrote:..God wanted us as his human creations to have this divine light in our lives as some form of conscious awareness.
Matthew Ellard wrote: Try a religious forum. You are posting on a science forum. :lol:
Matt MSV7 wrote: If you read further........
Why? You claimed God wanted humans to be like something. There is no such thing as "God"

Try a religious forum.

It was just a metaphor/analogy. It can be changed a bit in your mind to suit a purely naturalistic universe.

digress
Frequent Poster

Postby digress » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:44 am

Omniverse wrote:Now, my only goal here is to summarize my worldview in such a way that people get the right interpretation of it. I have attempted many summaries in the past. However, many people did not get the right interpretation. Therefore, I will try one last time:

Summary of My Philosophy (Spiritual Universe): I do not believe in god, the afterlife, and the paranormal. I am undecided and keep an open mind. But I am going to use a spiritual metaphor/analogy anyway to get my point across. This analogy can also apply to a purely naturalistic universe where there is no god, afterlife, or paranormal. You would just have to change the analogy up a bit in your mind so that it suits a purely naturalistic universe. So, here is the analogy. The divine light energy of god is sheer intrinsic goodness, joy, love, happiness, and beauty.

This is not a value judgment. This is what the light energy of god truly is. God wanted us as his human creations to have this divine light in our lives as some form of conscious awareness. That awareness would be our positive emotions. It is only through having our positive emotions that we can perceive goodness, joy, love, happiness, and beauty in our lives. If this divine light gets taken away such as due to depression, emotional trauma, or any other factor, then we lose the light in our lives and we can no longer see anything good or beautiful anymore. We would either be perceiving nothing but darkness (the bad qualities of life) or perceiving nothing good or bad at all. No value judgment, mindset, way of thinking, or attitude alone can give our lives any real perceived good value in the absence of the divine light.

Summary of My Philosophy (Naturalistic Universe): Qualities such as good value, bad value, suffering, joy, love, beauty, hate, etc. are the higher qualities. In order to perceive these qualities, then that requires a higher (transcended) form of awareness. That awareness would be our emotions. It is only the positive emotions that allow us to perceive the positive qualities while it is only our negative emotions that allow us to perceive the negative qualities. Having neither positive nor negative emotions can only allow us to perceive basic qualities such as knowing that your microwave is running, seeing the trees outside, knowing certain concepts, ideas, and subjects, etc. It doesn't matter what mindset, value judgments, thoughts, and beliefs you have of your life possessing these perceived qualities in the absence of your emotions; you still cannot perceive them without your emotions.

Our consciousness possesses intrinsic qualities that give our lives the perception of good value, bad value, joy, beauty, suffering, happiness, and misery. These intrinsic qualities would be our positive and negative emotions. If I have chosen to get something done in my life without my positive emotions and I thought that it was something good and worthwhile to me, then that good value and worth would be completely bland and stale. Therefore, it wouldn't be any real good value and worth perceived in my life. As you can see here, there is a big difference between what we think as opposed to what something is actually like for us. If you thought that you were having the most joyful time of your life when, in reality, the intrinsic quality of this was bland and stale for you, then you wouldn't be having any real joy in your life.

I'm able to interpret your philosophy. And I'm also able to interpret you wanting it your way. If you choose to believe this then you will believe this. But if you want to fight your depression then you must start by discarding belief. This is a choice you are capable of and must make if you want a life of peace.
  God is an idea.  

Omniverse
Poster

Postby Omniverse » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:51 am

digress wrote:
Omniverse wrote:Now, my only goal here is to summarize my worldview in such a way that people get the right interpretation of it. I have attempted many summaries in the past. However, many people did not get the right interpretation. Therefore, I will try one last time:

I'm able to interpret your philosophy. And I'm also able to interpret you wanting it your way. If you choose to believe this then you will believe this. But if you want to fight your depression then you must start by discarding belief. This is a choice you are capable of and must make if you want a life of peace.

But in order for my worldview to change, then that presupposes that I am already convinced that other philosophies for a good and worthwhile life are true. Since I am not convinced of these philosophies, then that can only leave me with my own philosophy.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:01 am

Matt MSV7 wrote: But in order for my worldview to change......

You need to do the following things

1) Stop trawling children's video game websites where you post your music videos to lure children.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFmrzRUojS0

2) Stop posting your copy & pasted trolling crap, under ten different names on our Skeptic forum,

3) Stop lying and starting new accounts pretending to be other interested people like Kamil the Polish catholic or Anthony the Indonesian,

4) Stop posting on the Skeptic Society forum.

digress
Frequent Poster

Postby digress » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:43 am

Omniverse wrote:But in order for my worldview to change, then that presupposes that I am already convinced that other philosophies for a good and worthwhile life are true. Since I am not convinced of these philosophies, then that can only leave me with my own philosophy.

You have a collection of philosophies but the one that has you most convinced is your own.

If you find a more convincing philosophy you will move toward it, but because you have not you engage in yourself. Do me a favor and write down each of these philosophies down onto their own piece of paper. Let's use the top 4 philosophies you know of. Each philosophy is written on a note laid out on the table, including yours. And you grade these philosophies from top to bottom by moving the least convincing furthest away from you on the table. Followed by third convincing, then second, with yours laying directly in front of you. Each of the top 4 philosophies laid out, in order, in a perfect line.

Now, close your eyes and take a deep breath. Keep your eyes closed against the black of your eyelids. You can hear what is going on around you. You can feel your body ache as you do this exercise lol. With your eyes closed, where are these philosophies? You open your eyes and the table is empty. Do you panic? Are you alright? Left with nothing, are you OK? No philosophies and yet you are exactly where you began. Fine.

I am not here to relay a philosophy because simply I do not have one. Although, philosophy is important and I get that. It is a step we must take because we do have a mind (hopefully). And you don't need to erase or forget any of the philosophies you've acquired from that mind. Simply, hold your philosophy out in front of you. Create a space between you and it. And, for this exercise, stretch it out as far away from you as mindfully possible. As though it were a ball or an object. Stretch it out away from you, so far you cannot see it, but know it is still there. When you do this you notice there is you - the one doing the stretching, the space, and the philosophy - far off in the distance. Now bring it back, but leave a small amount of space there between you and it. Anytime you want to refer to this philosophy you look at it from afar, you read it from afar, maybe you add to it from afar, but you keep it at a distance.

Overtime you will begin to realize it is not the object of the philosophy which had entered into your life, as you have created it, but you instead had entered into it. So by doing this exercise you may view it at anytime, but you do not need to enter into it in order to have it. It is there. It is yours, but a space exists between you and it. This is your first step towards peace.
  God is an idea.  

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Matt MVS7 Trolling Thread No15

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:17 am

Omniverse wrote:Yes, I am MattMVS7
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=28112&p=577236#p577194

digress wrote: This is your first step towards peace.
I don't think that is Matt MVS7's aim. :D

Enjoy his your tube version of his "philosophy"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm1J3OtEV2k&list=PLyVYnRYQOpIpUFRVHm59-AhLlOIBl0V22&index=11

He is pulling your leg Digress. He was posting his "music compositions" on children's video-game forums while simultaneously posting his "I'm depressed and can't record compositions" on adult skeptic forums. He's simply trolling. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4spa2UsfOi8&index=4&list=PLyVYnRYQOpIpUFRVHm59-AhLlOIBl0V22

digress
Frequent Poster

Postby digress » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:55 am

If you've followed my posts at all then you will surely know I've never resorted to ridicule, despite numerous attacks against me in the past. Frankly Im tired of the amount of ridicule I've come across over the years on the internet. It's in the news, them against them. It's on social media, like this, hate that. It's all over the place.

I don't understand the goal of others here to resort to name calling, labeling, ridicule, or the beat downs. This is a forum board. Speak freely. Do freely. If you are mad then you've all the time in the world to stop and collect yourself before you engage in a reply. And if you are unhappy you must move on. Skepticism wont die simply because people didnt stick around to "defend it". No. Let them speak their mind. Let them share their views. If it is too much then move on to the next post. I have come across absolute dribble of ideas and decided this is not for me. But those I choose to engage I do so not because I am feeling discouraged or I need to make an impact somewhere. I do it because Im able to engage the topic. It's that simple.

Btw, earlier you stated there is no god. You cannot know there is no god. This is quite unknown. Therefore, it is a belief. Atheism is not the knowledge that god doesnt exist. It is the knowledge that there is no good reason to believe in it. You may find "good" reasons to believe in no god, but do not mistake this hubris as knowledge.

And I hope Omniverse isn't thrown out like so many others I've witnessed before simply because they are here posting content readers deem ridiculous.
  God is an idea.  

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:15 am

digress wrote: And I hope Omniverse isn't thrown out like so many others I've witnessed before simply because they are here posting content readers deem ridiculous.

Omniverse is already a sock puppet of Matt MVS7 who has repeatedly threatened to commit suicide, which is a banning offense.. While you were away Pyrrho stated he would not take action unless another member requested as such. No one has done that here ....yet.

I am following Matt MSV7, with a group of other people who have been compiling his videos on children's forums. Do you think this is fair for a 28 year old male to "trick" children?

I am not going to kill myself, this life may be still worth living
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng5DyeMcG8o

THAT'S IT, I AM GOING TO DIE SINCE MY LIFE ISN'T HAPPY AND FREE OF MISERY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LW2acdO7H4&list=PLyVYnRYQOpIpUFRVHm59-AhLlOIBl0V22&index=2

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:25 am

digress wrote:[...]

And I hope Omniverse isn't thrown out like so many others I've witnessed before simply because they are here posting content readers deem ridiculous.

Are you talking about internet platforms in general or SSF specifically, digress? I'm asking because you surely must have noticed that Pyrrho does pretty much what you adopted into your signature and if people are banned, it's for violation of clearly posted rules. And more often than not for repeated offenses and after having been asked to forego such behavior.

Lard, save me from your followers.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:28 am

Omniverse wrote:It was just a metaphor/analogy.

Are you sure, or it that statement just a simile?

Also, which one was it, a metaphor or an analogy?

http://www.differencebetween.net/langua ... -metaphor/

An example of metaphor could be: She showered her with gifts. A perfect example of analogy is: Fire is to hot as ice is to cold. As you can see, in here metaphor transfers the meaning of the word ‘gave’ to the word ‘showered’. Analogy on the other example, gives the relationship to the two phrases. Both are actually referring to the similar thing which is the temperature of the two ideas – fire and ice.

Put it in simple terms: Analogy basically gives similar relationship to two things while metaphor replaces the meaning of one word with another.

(A simile, on the other hand, compares two different things in order to create a new meaning, such as "He's like a shell of a man.")
#ANDAMOVIE

Omniverse
Poster

Postby Omniverse » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:02 am

digress wrote:If you've followed my posts at all then you will surely know I've never resorted to ridicule, despite numerous attacks against me in the past. Frankly Im tired of the amount of ridicule I've come across over the years on the internet. It's in the news, them against them. It's on social media, like this, hate that. It's all over the place.

I don't understand the goal of others here to resort to name calling, labeling, ridicule, or the beat downs. This is a forum board. Speak freely. Do freely. If you are mad then you've all the time in the world to stop and collect yourself before you engage in a reply. And if you are unhappy you must move on. Skepticism wont die simply because people didnt stick around to "defend it". No. Let them speak their mind. Let them share their views. If it is too much then move on to the next post. I have come across absolute dribble of ideas and decided this is not for me. But those I choose to engage I do so not because I am feeling discouraged or I need to make an impact somewhere. I do it because Im able to engage the topic. It's that simple.

Btw, earlier you stated there is no god. You cannot know there is no god. This is quite unknown. Therefore, it is a belief. Atheism is not the knowledge that god doesnt exist. It is the knowledge that there is no good reason to believe in it. You may find "good" reasons to believe in no god, but do not mistake this hubris as knowledge.

Since you are listening to and taking consideration my theory unlike many others here, then I will present the rest of my theory to you. It is very brief this time:

Additional Note: If, let's pretend, that I was telepathic and I could only communicate feelings rather than thoughts, then if I were to telepathically send you a feeling that I got from a certain character, you would be able to describe the attributes of this character to me. You would tell me that this character is beautiful, a joyful god or goddess out on a heavenly tropical adventure, etc. This clearly proves that our positive and negative emotions possess intrinsic qualities. Many people think they don't. They think it is all a matter of our value judgment that determines whether something is beautiful, good, or horrible to us. I am here to challenge this notion. I think it can only be our emotions that can make things beautiful or horrible to us.

Final Statement: This whole idea/theory of mine is a theory that could change the world. That is the reason why it is vital that I go in great length to fully discuss it. We currently rely on our value judgments to give perceptual value to our lives and I have every reason to think this is the wrong method. It is a theory that would help encourage others to find cures for depression and other illnesses that take away our positive emotions. I think a book needs to be published on this very subject that I have learned from my own struggles with depression and misery in my life. After all, where would we be without our positive emotions? If you were to perform a positive emotional expression such as closing your eyes in a profound stature at the wondrous sight of nature, but you were to have no positive emotion whatsoever, then this would be a contradiction. You would be forcing a certain expression that does not reflect your state of mind.

Likewise, all other positive emotional expressions such as helping others, making the best of life, thinking that you are perceiving value in your life, etc. in the absence of your positive emotions would not reflect your state of mind either. Therefore, that is why I find this whole value judgment version of perceptual value to be a contradiction because it says that you don't need your positive emotions in order to perceive value towards the helping of others and in making the best of life. This would have to mean that, the only thoughts and expressions that can truly reflect an apathetic state of mind would be those of a mere droid. What kind of life would that be? It's no way to live. Likewise, the only expressions and thoughts that can truly reflect a negative emotional state of mind would be negative thoughts and expressions.

So, how is it then that depressed and apathetic people are still able to have these positive thoughts of value in their lives and display these positive tones and expressions in the absence of their positive emotions? It would be due to the fact that they are deluded. They are forcing themselves to make the best of life anyway without their positive emotions and they think that is somehow a good and worthwhile life to them when it is not. These forceful expressions have become so natural to them that they are fooled into thinking their lives really are good to them. Or it could be the case that these depressed and apathetic people have, at least, a small amount of positive emotions to give them a small perceptual amount of value in their lives.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:22 am

Matt MVS7 aka Omniverse aka Kamil aka Anthony wrote:Since you are listening to and taking consideration my theory unlike many others here, then I will.......
I have better idea. Rather than you post your same trolling, copy and paste, crap on our forum for the 50th time, Digress can go talk to you on the remaining forums you haven't been banned from :lol:

Member : Transcendental Omniverse ""Important notice to everyone"
The Religious Forum

Member : Omniverse ""Important notice to everyone"
The Depression Forum
https://www.depressionforums.org/forums ... omniverse/

Patient Information Forum
https://patient.info/forums/discuss/the ... ood-591813

The Psyche Central Forum
https://forums.psychcentral.com/depress ... ssion.html

You even wrote a little song about your trolling, didn't you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUXhSK3XlIw&list=PLyVYnRYQOpIpUFRVHm59-AhLlOIBl0V22

Confidencia
Poster

Postby Confidencia » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:01 am

digress wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
digress wrote:

No. Capability and knowledge are not the same.

They are not the same but they tend to foster each other. Besides it is not the minds quality that is in question but its tendency. If left to its own devices mind will see what it wants to see and not what it ought to see.

You seem to be unaware of the fact that it is through the mind you see the world in which you live.

Return to “Belief, Nonbelief, and Philosophy”