Important notice to everyone

God, the FSM, and everything else.
Omniverse
Poster
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:09 am

Important notice to everyone

Postby Omniverse » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:24 pm

I am going to give a divine and spiritual analogy to make my point clear. Just go with this analogy anyway. If you are a naturalist who does not believe in anything paranormal, then this analogy can be changed up a bit in your mind to suit a purely naturalistic universe. I, myself, do not believe in god, the afterlife, and the paranormal. But I am undecided if they are real and keep an open mind. First off, before I present this analogy, I would like to say that I do not think it is our value judgments that make things good or bad to us and I will now explain why:

There are objects and sound waves out there. But the only way we can perceive them would be through sight and hearing. Likewise, things, moments, and situations in our lives hold values. In order to perceive these values, then that requires your emotions. Your thoughts acknowledge these values while it would be your emotions that allow you to see them. In a way, you could consider emotions to be a sense. They are a higher sense that transcends our biological senses. Going by my spiritual analogy, they would be our divine and spiritual sense. The positive emotions would be the divine spiritual sense. However, the negative emotions would be our dark spiritual sense. Just like how a blind person cannot make himself see anything by believing and thinking he can see objects, we cannot see the values in our lives by thinking we can see them in the absence of our emotions. If a person were to create a magnificent character, then the magnificent light energy is there.

If I were to get a positive emotion from that character, then it would be like I am sensing the spiritual life energy of that character. I would literally feel all the beautiful and magnificent attributes of him or her. It would be the divine light giving me a powerful and transcended perception. Just as how a psychic has a spiritual sense that allows him to enter the spirit realm which is a whole new mental realm than our physical, perceived reality, we as human beings enter the mental realm of good values through our positive emotions and the realm of bad values through our negative emotions. It is through our emotions that we either enter a spiritual state of paradise or a state of hell. From my own personal experience, feelings of hopelessness and misery due to an emotionally traumatic event are the worst hell and worst forms of spiritual darkness.

In short, as long as you struggle with depression or emotional trauma that completely takes away your positive moods, then your life can be nothing good, worth living, peaceful, content, etc. to you since all those are positive qualities and it is only our positive emotions that allow us to perceive them. You would need a very small amount of positive emotions to at least give you a slim perceptual quality of those positive terms. Without emotions, then you can only live out the perceptual reality of a mere droid who can only perceive basic qualities such as the microwave running, knowing mathematics, seeing the trees outside, etc. But your life would be devoid of the higher, humanistic qualities of love, joy, and good value that we all need as human beings.
Last edited by Omniverse on Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 14 times in total.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29416
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby Gord » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:19 am

Sooooo, what's the important notice?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Omniverse
Poster
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:09 am

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby Omniverse » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:28 am

Gord wrote:Sooooo, what's the important notice?


My opening post itself was the important notice.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19748
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:50 am

Gord wrote:Sooooo, what's the important notice?

Don't use Kaspersky software.
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26761
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:06 am

Matt MSV7 wrote:You might have noticed that I have been making nothing but philosophical hedonistic topics.
You recently got banned from the psyche forum, for trolling and so you are copying your old posts from there to here, so you can troll some more here. We already know that.


Matt MSV7 wrote: I have come up with the perfect explanation that conveys my worldview.
Yes you have told us many times and sent us videos. You think you are a tree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KrT8TNVj0s

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19778
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:10 am

And that day not one {!#%@} was given.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8225
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby Poodle » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:28 am

Omniverse wrote:You might have noticed ...

Yeah, I noticed. Do you realise how many times you've said something along those lines in this forum alone? Take some advice from a king - begin at the beginning, go on until you reach the end, then stop. You'll feel so much better, and then, perhaps, we won't have to put up with any more of your mewling.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19748
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:34 am

What's the recommended number of threads on the same topic in these parts?
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

Omniverse
Poster
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:09 am

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby Omniverse » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:45 am

I will just go ahead and present my perfect explanation here regardless of what others think or say. Many people will ignore it. But as for those who really wish to read it all and take consideration into it, it is a worldview that could change everything. I will discuss methods of discovering evidence for this later on.

Many people would ask me why my good moods/feelings are the only things that make my life good and worth living to me. It's important that I make it clear to you and others so that others can understand me rather than name call me, judge me, and treat me in a scathing/scorning manner. That's why I give as many possible explanations I can come up with in an attempt to help others finally see why my good moods/feelings truly are the only things that make my life good and worth living. I don't want others to have any misconceptions such as that the reason why they are the only things that make my life worth living is because I am childish, spoiled, need to grow up, etc. I have every reason to think, based upon my own personal experiences and reasoning, that my good moods/feelings are all there can ever be in my life.

To basically sum it up though in one statement, my good moods/feelings are very profound, powerful, and beautiful experiences for me. This is not a matter of value judgment. These good moods/feelings themselves truly have this profound and beautiful quality. I look at the experiences themselves and truly see what they are. I do not project any value judgments upon them. As a matter of fact, according to my view, value judgments do not exist and it is only our moods/feelings that possess value giving qualities. Value judgments would give our lives no real perceptual value while it is only our moods/feelings that do.

Even if other things in my life did hold value in their own merit, then these values must matter (have good value/worth) to me through my good moods/feelings. Otherwise, I would be living a life that has no good value/worth to me. Things in my life might hold value in of themselves, but it would be no different than if a blind person acknowledged the existence of sight. Sure, he/she can acknowledge that it exists. However, he/she would not be able to actually see. In that same sense, I could very well acknowledge the existence of values in my life without my good moods/feelings. But I would not be able to actually see the good value and worth in my life without these good moods/feelings.

But like I was saying, any given experience in the absence of my good moods/feelings truly possesses no good value giving perceptual quality to my life. These are experiences that can give no perceptual joy, beauty, good value, worth, inspiration, or happiness to my life. Again, this is not a matter of value judgment on my part. When the most putrid smell is worse then a less putrid one, that is not a value judgment. The most putrid smell possesses a quality that makes it a worse smell. In that same sense, my good moods/feelings possess a quality to them that make them beautiful experiences, joyful experiences, and experiences that give my life a real perceptual experience of good value/worth towards things, situations, and moments in my life. If none of this is still making any sense to you, then let me give you an analogy. It would actually be a short story I am going to tell you:

There is a mystical being who relies on the sweet divine juice of mystical apples to sustain him/her with divine spiritual/mystical life force. These are the most beautiful and divine apples to this being and they are very special, dear, and profound to him/her. But one day, all these apples get replaced with metal ones. These are mechanistic ones that do not possess the divine mystical juice this being needs. This being becomes very upset, angry, and plummets into despair. A person comes up to this being and says:

"You can still have the divine juice from these new metal apples. It would just be a different form of divine juice. Just think to yourself, have the mindset/attitude, and believe that your life can have this divine juice and you will have it."

The being replies back:

"You are talking complete nonsense! Just because you think and believe something does not make it true. It does not make things magically appear. The fact of the matter is, there is no actual quality of juice whatsoever in those metal apples. They are nothing but cold, hard steel. So, the advice you are offering up to me is nothing more than empty words of divine juice, but there is no actual quality of divine juice."

After which, the being becomes very angry because no one can understand his/her anger, frustration, and despair. Everybody keeps telling this being that the right mindset alone can give him/her this divine juice he/she needs when he/she realizes this is complete nonsense. Therefore, he/she just throws away the metal apples because they are completely worthless to him/her.

Now that I have shared to you this short story, I would be the mystical being in this story who relies upon the perceptual experience of good value, worth, joy, beauty, and happiness in my life (the sweet divine juice). Don't we all? Don't we all wish to perceive our lives as good/worthwhile to us? Who would want to live a life where we see no good value in our lives and our lives not being anything worth living to us? However, it is only the mystical apples that can give us this sweet divine juice. Remember, it has been clearly established in my story that the metal apples cannot give our lives this sweet divine juice.

Our good moods/feelings (which can only be states of well being induced by the various chemicals/neurotransmitters in the brain) would be the mystical apples that give our lives the divine juice. But if we were to completely lose these good moods/feelings such as due to complete anhedonia, depression, or a traumatic life event, then we would all be left with nothing more than metal apples. We can think, believe, make the best of things, and have the mindset/attitude that our lives still possess this divine juice, but there is no actual quality of divine juice there. As you can see here, it is not about our thoughts, attitudes, and mindsets alone since that will not magically give us the quality of divine juice we need in our lives. It is all about the divine juice itself and not about our mindsets/ways of thinking alone without that divine juice.

With all of this being said, I would be the frustrated and angry mystical being because many people would tell me that my life can still have the perceptual quality of good value/worth through my thinking/mindset alone even while in a state of complete anhedonia, misery, and depression which are states where I completely lose all of my good moods/feelings. From there, I would just throw away these metal apples because people clearly do not understand that I need a quality of experience in my life that gives me the actual perceptual experience of good value, worth, joy, and beauty in my life. That quality of experience would obviously be my good moods/feelings. It just makes me very angry when people leave out my personal experience and instead give advice that focuses on value judgments and making the best of things as opposed to my personal experience which is so precious. I don't think you should ever leave out a person's personal experiences. Experience (consciousness) is so precious and is everything to life and being human because, without it, then we would either be dead or unconscious.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29416
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby Gord » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:47 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Gord wrote:Sooooo, what's the important notice?

Don't use Kaspersky software.

I can't whether I want to or not, they won't let me. :cry:
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8225
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby Poodle » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:55 am

Anhedonia - great word! I would normally take great pleasure from telling you that but, somehow, I can't.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26761
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:55 am

Matt MSV7 wrote:I will just go ahead and present my perfect explanation here regardless of what others think or say. Many people will ignore it. But as for those who really wish to read it all and take consideration into it, it is a worldview that could change everything. I will discuss methods of discovering evidence for this later on.

Many people would ask me why my good moods/feelings are the only things that make my life good and worth living to me. It's important that I make it clear to you and others so that others can understand me rather than name call me, judge me, and treat me in a scathing/scorning manner. That's why I give as many possible explanations I can come up with in an attempt to help others finally see why my good moods/feelings truly are the only things that make my life good and worth living. I don't want others to have any misconceptions such as that the reason why they are the only things that make my life worth living is because I am childish, spoiled, need to grow up, etc. I have every reason to think, based upon my own personal experiences and reasoning, that my good moods/feelings are all there can ever be in my life.

To basically sum it up though in one statement, my good moods/feelings are very profound, powerful, and beautiful experiences for me. This is not a matter of value judgment. These good moods/feelings themselves truly have this profound and beautiful quality. I look at the experiences themselves and truly see what they are. I do not project any value judgments upon them. As a matter of fact, according to my view, value judgments do not exist and it is only our moods/feelings that possess value giving qualities. Value judgments would give our lives no real perceptual value while it is only our moods/feelings that do.

Even if other things in my life did hold value in their own merit, then these values must matter (have good value/worth) to me through my good moods/feelings. Otherwise, I would be living a life that has no good value/worth to me. Things in my life might hold value in of themselves, but it would be no different than if a blind person acknowledged the existence of sight. Sure, he/she can acknowledge that it exists. However, he/she would not be able to actually see. In that same sense, I could very well acknowledge the existence of values in my life without my good moods/feelings. But I would not be able to actually see the good value and worth in my life without these good moods/feelings.

But like I was saying, any given experience in the absence of my good moods/feelings truly possesses no good value giving perceptual quality to my life. These are experiences that can give no perceptual joy, beauty, good value, worth, inspiration, or happiness to my life. Again, this is not a matter of value judgment on my part. When the most putrid smell is worse then a less putrid one, that is not a value judgment. The most putrid smell possesses a quality that makes it a worse smell. In that same sense, my good moods/feelings possess a quality to them that make them beautiful experiences, joyful experiences, and experiences that give my life a real perceptual experience of good value/worth towards things, situations, and moments in my life. If none of this is still making any sense to you, then let me give you an analogy. It would actually be a short story I am going to tell you:

There is a mystical being who relies on the sweet divine juice of mystical apples to sustain him/her with divine spiritual/mystical life force. These are the most beautiful and divine apples to this being and they are very special, dear, and profound to him/her. But one day, all these apples get replaced with metal ones. These are mechanistic ones that do not possess the divine mystical juice this being needs. This being becomes very upset, angry, and plummets into despair. A person comes up to this being and says:

"You can still have the divine juice from these new metal apples. It would just be a different form of divine juice. Just think to yourself, have the mindset/attitude, and believe that your life can have this divine juice and you will have it."

The being replies back:

"You are talking complete nonsense! Just because you think and believe something does not make it true. It does not make things magically appear. The fact of the matter is, there is no actual quality of juice whatsoever in those metal apples. They are nothing but cold, hard steel. So, the advice you are offering up to me is nothing more than empty words of divine juice, but there is no actual quality of divine juice."

After which, the being becomes very angry because no one can understand his/her anger, frustration, and despair. Everybody keeps telling this being that the right mindset alone can give him/her this divine juice he/she needs when he/she realizes this is complete nonsense. Therefore, he/she just throws away the metal apples because they are completely worthless to him/her.

Now that I have shared to you this short story, I would be the mystical being in this story who relies upon the perceptual experience of good value, worth, joy, beauty, and happiness in my life (the sweet divine juice). Don't we all? Don't we all wish to perceive our lives as good/worthwhile to us? Who would want to live a life where we see no good value in our lives and our lives not being anything worth living to us? However, it is only the mystical apples that can give us this sweet divine juice. Remember, it has been clearly established in my story that the metal apples cannot give our lives this sweet divine juice.

Our good moods/feelings (which can only be states of well being induced by the various chemicals/neurotransmitters in the brain) would be the mystical apples that give our lives the divine juice. But if we were to completely lose these good moods/feelings such as due to complete anhedonia, depression, or a traumatic life event, then we would all be left with nothing more than metal apples. We can think, believe, make the best of things, and have the mindset/attitude that our lives still possess this divine juice, but there is no actual quality of divine juice there. As you can see here, it is not about our thoughts, attitudes, and mindsets alone since that will not magically give us the quality of divine juice we need in our lives. It is all about the divine juice itself and not about our mindsets/ways of thinking alone without that divine juice.

With all of this being said, I would be the frustrated and angry mystical being because many people would tell me that my life can still have the perceptual quality of good value/worth through my thinking/mindset alone even while in a state of complete anhedonia, misery, and depression which are states where I completely lose all of my good moods/feelings. From there, I would just throw away these metal apples because people clearly do not understand that I need a quality of experience in my life that gives me the actual perceptual experience of good value, worth, joy, and beauty in my life. That quality of experience would obviously be my good moods/feelings. It just makes me very angry when people leave out my personal experience and instead give advice that focuses on value judgments and making the best of things as opposed to my personal experience which is so precious. I don't think you should ever leave out a person's personal experiences. Experience (consciousness) is so precious and is everything to life and being human because, without it, then we would either be dead or unconscious.


That's heaps better isn't it?

Matt actually recorded his little speech and some fun fellow put it to music. Enjoy. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXVW3w1JUT4

Omniverse
Poster
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:09 am

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby Omniverse » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:59 am

If my explanation was too long for anyone to bother, then I will present my hypothesis here:

Our good moods/feelings (which I define as the states of well being induced by the various feel-good neurotransmitters/chemicals in the brain) are the only experiences that can give our lives a real perceptual quality (experience) of good value, worth, joy, beauty, inspiration, and happiness.
Last edited by Omniverse on Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26761
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:01 am

In fact Matt MSV7 has been posting and recording this same speech over and over again, for about two years. Here is Matt MSV7. in his own voice in his serious mode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm1J3OtEV2k&list=PLyVYnRYQOpIpUFRVHm59-AhLlOIBl0V22&index=11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uZHHMZJaGI&list=PLyVYnRYQOpIpUFRVHm59-AhLlOIBl0V22&index=19

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26761
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:03 am

Omniverse wrote:If my explanation was too long for anyone to bother, then I will present my hypothesis here:Our good moods/feelings (which I define as the states of well being induced by the various feel-good neurotransmitters/chemicals in the brain) are the only experiences that can give our lives a real perceptual quality of good value, worth, joy, beauty, inspiration, and happiness.


Go tell your psychiatrist.......your psychiatrist gets paid to listen to your drivel........we don't.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19748
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:17 am

Omniverse wrote:જો કોઈને સમજવા માટે મારા સમજૂતી ખૂબ લાંબી હતી, તો હું અહીં મારી પૂર્વધારણા રજૂ કરીશ:

અમારા સારા ભાવ / લાગણીઓ (જે હું મગજમાં વિવિધ લાગણીસભર ચેતાપ્રેષકો / રસાયણો દ્વારા પ્રેરિત થવાનાં રાજ્યો તરીકે વ્યાખ્યાયિત કરું છું) એકમાત્ર અનુભવો છે જે આપણાં જીવનને સારી મૂલ્ય, મૂલ્ય, આનંદ, સૌંદર્ય, પ્રેરણા, અને સુખ


There, that's purdy.
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29416
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby Gord » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:18 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Omniverse wrote:જો કોઈને સમજવા માટે મારા સમજૂતી ખૂબ લાંબી હતી, તો હું અહીં મારી પૂર્વધારણા રજૂ કરીશ:

અમારા સારા ભાવ / લાગણીઓ (જે હું મગજમાં વિવિધ લાગણીસભર ચેતાપ્રેષકો / રસાયણો દ્વારા પ્રેરિત થવાનાં રાજ્યો તરીકે વ્યાખ્યાયિત કરું છું) એકમાત્ર અનુભવો છે જે આપણાં જીવનને સારી મૂલ્ય, મૂલ્ય, આનંદ, સૌંદર્ય, પ્રેરણા, અને સુખ


There, that's purdy.

eB tÌ zF|qj5#1D`B5^ yiE 1~N jxYP e6N 5#Ì5^È 1`N w3N6V= 35$ `B yj%° q7iV1Fp tÌ 9Ïq3NiViT 97VË

Hmm, Elvish doesn't seem to be supported by the board's thingy-thing.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19748
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:35 am

:hmm: Maybe if you offered it more than 35 bucks? :pardon:
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:54 am

Why do you keep posting the exact same thing in multiple threads? I've already told you numerous times that your hypothesis has the following issues:
• You use words to mean things other than their accepted definitions.
• You present flawed, faulty analogies.
• You indulge in logical fallacies.
• You lack a foundational knowledge in neurology, psychology, philosophy, semantics, epistemology, and logic.

Thus, this exact same hypothesis you've repeatedly offered STILL makes no sense. Stop posting it! At this point, you're just spamming, since you refuse to read and integrate my constructive criticism, and I'm the only one who's bothering to read your hypothesis. I comment, telling you what's wrong with your idea, and you just spew the same copypasta back at me.

What is this, the fourth or fifth thread you've started with the exact same nonsense?
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Omniverse
Poster
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:09 am

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby Omniverse » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:58 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:Why do you keep posting the exact same thing in multiple threads? I've already told you numerous times that your hypothesis has the following issues:
• You use words to mean things other than their accepted definitions.
• You present flawed, faulty analogies.
• You indulge in logical fallacies.
• You lack a foundational knowledge in neurology, psychology, philosophy, semantics, epistemology, and logic.

Thus, this exact same hypothesis you've repeatedly offered STILL makes no sense. Stop posting it! At this point, you're just spamming, since you refuse to read and integrate my constructive criticism, and I'm the only one who's bothering to read your hypothesis. I comment, telling you what's wrong with your idea, and you just spew the same copypasta back at me.

What is this, the fourth or fifth thread you've started with the exact same nonsense?


I am not doing this on purpose because I have no sinister or insulting intentions. I have no intention of pestering other members. So, you have the wrong idea about me when you display the tone of voice you are displaying to me which implies that I am doing nothing more than trying to bother/spam other people. All I want is someone to listen to my personal experiences and the hardships I've been through. That is explained in the private message I recently sent to you. So, forget the faulty logical arguments I've been presenting and instead read the explanation of my personal experience that I have sent to you in private message. Everything should then become perfectly clear and flawless to you. The long explanation of my personal life experience is also in this topic in case you haven't read it and that you have only read my hypothesis.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29416
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby Gord » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:19 am

Omniverse wrote:...you have the wrong idea about me when you display the tone of voice you are displaying to me which implies that I am doing nothing more than trying to bother/spam other people....

You're on a message board. "Tone of voice" is all in your head.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11023
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:30 am

Omniverse wrote:......I have no intention of pestering other members. ....


Ummmm....how does this not conflict with your earlier, I think more accurate statement of:

I will just go ahead and present my perfect explanation here regardless of what others think or say.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11023
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:34 am

Poodle wrote:Anhedonia - great word! I would normally take great pleasure from telling you that but, somehow, I can't.


That is a nice word....ha, ha...but can't be used very often: too pretentious. Sad...but them's the crackers.

I was thinking of a word I read years ago that I never got to use even once, so it has dropped from memory. It was a noun referencing a kind of muscle lock that occurs because the muscles are not normally used to be constantly fellating one's self.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:41 am

It strikes me that that word would be rather appropriate here. Yeesh.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26761
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:51 am

Omniverse AKA Matt MSV7, a 29 year old pervert who hangs around children's forums wrote:I am not doing this on purpose because I have no sinister or insulting intentions.
Nope. You do this in your breaks between posting your music compositions on children's forums to lure children. You have been banned from most other forums.

The police will get you soon.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFmrzRUojS0

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19748
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:40 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:Why do you keep posting the exact same thing in multiple threads? I've already told you numerous times that your hypothesis has the following issues:
• You use words to mean things other than their accepted definitions.
• You present flawed, faulty analogies.
• You indulge in logical fallacies.
• You lack a foundational knowledge in neurology, psychology, philosophy, semantics, epistemology, and logic.

Thus, this exact same hypothesis you've repeatedly offered STILL makes no sense. Stop posting it! At this point, you're just spamming, since you refuse to read and integrate my constructive criticism, and I'm the only one who's bothering to read your hypothesis. I comment, telling you what's wrong with your idea, and you just spew the same copypasta back at me.

What is this, the fourth or fifth thread you've started with the exact same nonsense?

Ah, but that is why it is doing it. There'll be always someone who hasn't been to the party yet and is kind enough to bring another dish or drink.
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19778
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:20 pm

I didn't notice the OP as being important.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19748
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:24 pm

It's practically calling for a spoof thread. :lol:
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:03 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Ah, but that is why it is doing it. There'll be always someone who hasn't been to the party yet and is kind enough to bring another dish or drink.
Ugh. Everyone wants to bring copypasta salad, because it's easy to make.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19748
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:05 pm

A troll's favorite food!
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19778
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:40 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:It's practically calling for a spoof thread. :lol:

"Important notice for nobody."

"Disimportanting a notice for somebody."

"Important you notice me."

"Imported notices hit wall on Rio Grande."

Etc.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19748
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Ignorant notice to everyone

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:01 pm

"Important you notice me." hits the spot.
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:12 pm

My philosophy of happiness is much simpler and, I believe, more in line with neurology, psychology, and philosophy:

• Happiness comes in degrees from simple contentment to profound joy. The latter is rare and short-lived; the former, more common and longer-lasting.

• Happiness is a choice. It can be a choice made in response to people, material things, ideas, or events...or in spite of them.

• Happiness is a subjective value judgment made by the person experiencing it. One person's idea of happiness, therefore, can be another's idea of misery. (A friend of mine eagerly anticipates her yearly gambling vacations in Las Vegas...which is my idea of sensory torture and a senseless waste of money. To each her own.)

• It is possible to bootstrap oneself into happiness by choosing activities that cause one's brain to release endorphins, dopamine, and serotonin...like a computer programming itself.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19748
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Ignorant notice to everyone

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:15 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:...
• It is possible to bootstrap oneself into happiness by choosing activities that cause one's brain to release endorphins, dopamine, and serotonin...like a computer programming itself.

That's why people get addicted to jogging...
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

Omniverse
Poster
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:09 am

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby Omniverse » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:02 am

I am going to express what's on my mind in regards to how I see a depressed life. I will present it in the form of a hypothesis/philosophy as well as a brief explanation:

Hypothesis/Philosophy: Our good moods/feelings (which I define as the states of well being induced by the various feel-good neurotransmitters/chemicals in the brain) are the only things that can give our lives a real perceptual quality (experience) of good value, worth, joy, beauty, love, inspiration, and happiness. A person cannot become perceptually aware of these qualities without his/her good moods/feelings since, again, our good moods/feelings are the perceptual awareness of these qualities. You could, in a way, consider our good moods/feelings to be a divine spiritual light to our lives, so to speak. This divine light engulfs us and puts us in a divine state of awareness where we become truly aware of all those aforementioned qualities.

But when this divine state of conscious awareness is taken away from us, we can no longer experience (become aware) of these qualities of good value, worth, joy, beauty, and happiness in our lives. Now, when I say that these good moods/feelings sustain this perceptual quality of good value/worth in our lives, this perceptual quality is not a thought/outlook at all. As I said before, thoughts/outlooks alone do not give us this perceptual quality in our lives. This means that our good moods/feelings do not have some sort of mind control effect where they force us to perceive through our thinking that our lives have good value/worth to us. Rather, the good moods/feelings themselves are an actual awareness of good value/worth in our lives. Like I said earlier, I metaphorically described it as some sort of divine transcended awareness. When I say awareness, I mean something like sight. Sight is the perceptual awareness of visualizing objects just as how our good moods/feelings are the perceptual awareness of good value/worth in our lives.

Brief Explanation: You see, I do not have these happy chemicals at all during my moments of traumatic induced misery/despair. Nothing I do can produce even the smallest amount of these happy chemicals. This is because my brain is in a completely traumatized state and, thus, all these chemicals are turned off. It is only once I reach a state of full recovery that these chemicals get turned back on, restoring my perceptual experience of good value, worth, joy, and beauty back into my life again. That is where my whole theory/philosophy was getting at. I was saying that it can only be the good moods/feelings (the happy chemical induced states of well being) that can give our lives the perceptual quality of good value/worth. But many people out there say you don't need these happy chemicals and that there are other ways to perceive your life as having good value/worth and happiness to you anyway. Like I said, I disagree with this perceptual standard of good value/worth and happiness. I think it is fake and doesn't give a person's life any real perceptual experience of good value/worth. I instead agree with the "divine light" standard I talked about above (i.e. the good mood/feeling standard).

Thinking and believing that you can see the good value/worth in your life is not the same thing as actually seeing it just as how a blind person thinking and believing he/she can see is not the same thing as actual sight. You need actual sight to see just as how you need your good moods/feelings to truly see the good value/worth in your life. Everything in my life is completely dead, miserable, the worst hell, and insignificant in these miserable states. I do not agree that this is simply a matter of value judgment on my part judging this miserable life as hell, lacking of good value/worth, etc. I truly think it is the feel-good chemicals being restored and my misery recovering that restores my perceptual experience of good value, worth, and happiness in my life just as how a blind person is able to recover and see again. There are, for example, people who have taken antidepressants which have completely wiped out these chemicals. They report that they are in a completely blank state as though a hard drive has been completely wiped clean. From there, friends, family, and others would just give the recommendation to this person that he/she can still perceive good value/worth in his/her life through making the best of things anyway and through judging his/her life as good/worthwhile to him/her anyway. I disagree with this. I think it is all a lie and that we truly need our good moods/feelings.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26761
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:26 am

Omniverse wrote:I am going to express what's on my mind in regards to how I see a depressed life. I will present it in the form of a hypothesis/philosophy as well as a brief explanation:

Hypothesis/Philosophy: Our good moods/feelings (which I define as the states of well being induced by the various feel-good neurotransmitters/chemicals in the brain) are the only things that can give our lives a real perceptual quality (experience) of good value, worth, joy, beauty, love, inspiration, and happiness. A person cannot become perceptually aware of these qualities without his/her good moods/feelings since, again, our good moods/feelings are the perceptual awareness of these qualities. You could, in a way, consider our good moods/feelings to be a divine spiritual light to our lives, so to speak. This divine light engulfs us and puts us in a divine state of awareness where we become truly aware of all those aforementioned qualities.

But when this divine state of conscious awareness is taken away from us, we can no longer experience (become aware) of these qualities of good value, worth, joy, beauty, and happiness in our lives. Now, when I say that these good moods/feelings sustain this perceptual quality of good value/worth in our lives, this perceptual quality is not a thought/outlook at all. As I said before, thoughts/outlooks alone do not give us this perceptual quality in our lives. This means that our good moods/feelings do not have some sort of mind control effect where they force us to perceive through our thinking that our lives have good value/worth to us. Rather, the good moods/feelings themselves are an actual awareness of good value/worth in our lives. Like I said earlier, I metaphorically described it as some sort of divine transcended awareness. When I say awareness, I mean something like sight. Sight is the perceptual awareness of visualizing objects just as how our good moods/feelings are the perceptual awareness of good value/worth in our lives.

Brief Explanation: You see, I do not have these happy chemicals at all during my moments of traumatic induced misery/despair. Nothing I do can produce even the smallest amount of these happy chemicals. This is because my brain is in a completely traumatized state and, thus, all these chemicals are turned off. It is only once I reach a state of full recovery that these chemicals get turned back on, restoring my perceptual experience of good value, worth, joy, and beauty back into my life again. That is where my whole theory/philosophy was getting at. I was saying that it can only be the good moods/feelings (the happy chemical induced states of well being) that can give our lives the perceptual quality of good value/worth. But many people out there say you don't need these happy chemicals and that there are other ways to perceive your life as having good value/worth and happiness to you anyway. Like I said, I disagree with this perceptual standard of good value/worth and happiness. I think it is fake and doesn't give a person's life any real perceptual experience of good value/worth. I instead agree with the "divine light" standard I talked about above (i.e. the good mood/feeling standard).

Thinking and believing that you can see the good value/worth in your life is not the same thing as actually seeing it just as how a blind person thinking and believing he/she can see is not the same thing as actual sight. You need actual sight to see just as how you need your good moods/feelings to truly see the good value/worth in your life. Everything in my life is completely dead, miserable, the worst hell, and insignificant in these miserable states. I do not agree that this is simply a matter of value judgment on my part judging this miserable life as hell, lacking of good value/worth, etc. I truly think it is the feel-good chemicals being restored and my misery recovering that restores my perceptual experience of good value, worth, and happiness in my life just as how a blind person is able to recover and see again. There are, for example, people who have taken antidepressants which have completely wiped out these chemicals. They report that they are in a completely blank state as though a hard drive has been completely wiped clean. From there, friends, family, and others would just give the recommendation to this person that he/she can still perceive good value/worth in his/her life through making the best of things anyway and through judging his/her life as good/worthwhile to him/her anyway. I disagree with this. I think it is all a lie and that we truly need our good moods/feelings.


Now isn't that better?

Here's my summary. You are trolling.
:lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26761
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:31 am

Omniverse AKA Matt MSV7 AKA Kamil AKA MargGab5 AKA Cobalt6 wrote:Nothing I do can produce even the smallest amount of these happy chemicals. .
Then why did your record this happy composition? :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-FClkKSRN4

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29416
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby Gord » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:33 am

Omniverse wrote:I am going to express what's on my mind in regards to how I see a depressed life.

Why? What would you like to know?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Omniverse
Poster
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:09 am

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby Omniverse » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:55 pm

Here is the brief explanation:

I think people need their good moods/feelings (their feel-good chemical/neurotransmitter induced states of well being) to allow them to perceive (see) the good value, joy, beauty, happiness, love, and worth in their lives. I don't think our way of thinking, our outlooks, actions, and our value judgments alone allow us to truly see these qualities. I don't think we can experience any of these qualities without our good moods/feelings. I would like to add one last thing here. That is, this view of mine has been an issue for me and I wish to talk it out if you don't mind.
Last edited by Omniverse on Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26761
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Important notice to everyone

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:09 am

Omniverse wrote:Here is the brief explanation:

I think people need their good moods/feelings (their feel-good chemical/neurotransmitter induced states of well being) to allow them to perceive (see) the good value, joy, beauty, happiness, love, and worth in their lives. I don't think our way of thinking, our outlooks, actions, and our value judgments alone allow us to truly see these qualities. I don't think we can experience any of these qualities without our good moods/feelings.


You haven't explained why you were writing happy compositions and posting them, while simultaneously claiming nothing gave you pleasure. Explain why you were lying first. :lol:


Return to “Belief, Nonbelief, and Philosophy”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest