Walk on water?

God, the FSM, and everything else.
Abdul Alhazred
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Yes that one.

Walk on water?

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:07 pm

Scientists don't know everything, therefore my favorite flavor of stoopidz is true.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Re: Walk on water?

Postby gorgeous » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:57 pm

if aliens can walk through walls as they often do, then I'm sure Jesus could walk on water...he was probably actually levitating as many saints have also done, and some alien abductees...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:10 pm

Such levity. Lol.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:42 pm

Walking on water - so easy to do and yet claimed as a big deal. I`ve already walked on water this morning, and no doubt will do so again later today.

Abdul Alhazred
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Yes that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:02 pm

TJrandom wrote:Walking on water - so easy to do and yet claimed as a big deal. I`ve already walked on water this morning, and no doubt will do so again later today.

:?

https://www.google.com/search?q=water+s ... 29&bih=701
Scientists don't know everything, therefore my favorite flavor of stoopidz is true.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:06 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
TJrandom wrote:Walking on water - so easy to do and yet claimed as a big deal. I`ve already walked on water this morning, and no doubt will do so again later today.

:?

https://www.google.com/search?q=water+s ... 29&bih=701

And I raise you a walk on water... :oldman:

Lance Kennedy
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Super Skeptic

Postby Lance Kennedy » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:20 am

The second coming of Jesus Christ was an abject failure. In the 21st Century, there was too much skepticism, and no one would believe it was actually Jesus. One guy said to him : "If you really are Jesus, you can walk on water. There is a lake right here. Show us."

So the saviour set out to walk on water. Unfortunately, he sank. Got soaking wet. His audience all walked off in disgust. But just as the last person left, turning for a final quick look at the abject dripping man, he heard him say : "Freaking holes in my feet!"

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:26 am

Lance Kennedy wrote:The second coming of Jesus Christ was an abject failure. In the 21st Century, there was too much skepticism, and no one would believe it was actually Jesus. One guy said to him : "If you really are Jesus, you can walk on water. There is a lake right here. Show us."

So the saviour set out to walk on water. Unfortunately, he sank. Got soaking wet. His audience all walked off in disgust. But just as the last person left, turning for a final quick look at the abject dripping man, he heard him say : "Freaking holes in my feet!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby fromthehills » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:37 am

He's older now. He'd be knee deep in water yelling, " I used to be able to {!#%@} do this!"

(Stolen from Marc Maron, comedian and provocateur)

Return to “Belief, Nonbelief, and Philosophy”